PDA

View Full Version : pop-up or flip-up cleats for dock...

Stix Magill
07-01-2003, 09:24 AM
Has anyone seen popup cleats for docks? Would pop-up boat deck cleats work with 2x6 decking?
I want to avoid the guests from breaking toes... kind of ruins the day you know.

Scott Smith

MOP
07-01-2003, 12:30 PM
Stix found this one below, look down at the bottom.

http://www.foreandaftmarine.com/POP%20UPCleats.htm

I have seen several other ideas, rings secured with carrage bolts bottom side of planks, at one real weatlhy guys dock he had cut about every 6th or 8th plank back about 2 inches the tips of the adjacent plank well rounded and drilled for a 1/2 brass rod to go between, so you just droped the rope through. It was flush and very neat, nothing sticking out or up.

KAJUNGA
07-01-2003, 09:29 PM
I sell the aluminum flip-up style of cleat. I would post a picture if I knew how. Help !!!!!
They come white and chrome (burnished).
They work well with 2x6. However, as with ANY cleat, it is always better to have more support. I have 4x4 under my deck boards at all my cleat positions.
My price is wholesale for you guys on this site. I am in Canada(Toronto) however so buying only 1 or 2 may not be worth it.
Let me know.

PS I think they are the the best cleat unless you want to pay huge for a real pop-up cleat(the kind that sits completely flush on the dock and doesnt really work with tradional decking)

Stix Magill
07-02-2003, 12:13 AM
Kajunga,
I emailed you with specifics. I need some. Thanks for the help. Pictured is the 6x36'walkway leading to the future 24x32' dock. http://www.donzi.net/photos/s.smith.6.29.03.1.jpg
Scott

KAJUNGA
07-02-2003, 05:27 PM
hit "REPLY" to your email and ..........

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

stixmagill@hotmail.com

Stix Magill
07-02-2003, 06:24 PM
Kajunga,

A sales rep filled my mailbox with a HUGE file. It should work now.

Scott
mailto:stixmagill@hotmail.comstixmagill@hotmail.co m</a>

KAJUNGA
07-02-2003, 07:23 PM
Sorry , not going to 1000 ISlands
Still looking for an 18'
Is anyone else going from Toronto area that you know of?

Sent the emails