PDA

View Full Version : What to do in NYC or Connecticut for 5 days?

Stix Magill
08-14-2003, 07:50 PM
I will be visiting inlaws in october and would love some recommendations on things to do. I would REALLY LOVE TO CATCH A RIDE ON A 22 OR LARGER DONZI. I have a Minx and the only other Donzi I have been on is an 18. Please mention this to anyone who could make this happen.
Also, please recommend restaurants, shops, parks, etc.
Thanks all,
Scott Smith

mattyboy
08-14-2003, 08:57 PM
Stix,
where are you gonna be??? in october??
let's see maybe a world series game at yankee stadium, a broadway play, shopping on 5th ave,
just 30 miles north of NYC you could do a tour of west point, or catch and Army football game!
shoot me an email, I can get you a line on whatever you want to do, and if it is not too late in Oct. I can get you a ride in a 16 wink

Matty

Stix Magill
08-14-2003, 11:36 PM
Matty,
I would love a ride in your 16! We are looking at all you mentioned and more. I need a ride and a fishing trip and a skeet shoot and more of the same.

If you know of a good fishing guide service or boat rental, please let me know.

Thanks,
Scott

MOP
08-15-2003, 03:19 AM
Stix salt or fresh water fishing? If its salt I can recommend a few boats. There is a ton of things to do in NYC and just about every coast town has something else to do. Up in CT there is a Steam train river boat ride, really nice aquarium, gambling. Out on Long Island there are some of the finest wineries in the world, great boating and a possible view of CDMA's boats running, my slow 16 a spectator boat and I believe some of the very best restaurants on the east coast due to most of the Manhattan yuppies living and summering out here. Not to be forgotten Claudios dock, bar, restaurant an major hot boat hang out that just hosted an event that drew about 30 awesome boats. Actually Stix you are coming to a part of the states that is teeming with stuff to tantalize you the Northeast Rules! Just sucks in the winter!

PS bring your Woopy Cushion and I'll give you a tour of the east end of Long Island, yeah its a 16 Oh Well!

Phil

RICPAZ
08-15-2003, 07:49 AM
Where in Connecticut are you gonna be??? I would have taken you out on Long Island Sound in my 22ZX but I just sold it last weekend! But let me know where you're gonna be and I can recommend some good places to eat or places to go.
-Rich

TuxedoPk
08-15-2003, 12:03 PM
Scott,

You're welcome to use my Doral 24 when you come down. It's on the Hudson between CT and NYC.

In terms of things to do in Oct.- I think by far the nicest is a drive along the Hudson River. It is the best season for the area and the colors on the leaves are incredible. There are many historic mansions (Vanderbuilt's my favorite, but also Rockerfeller, FDR..)

Another really great spot to look into is Lenox and Stockbridge in Mass. (Just over the NY border-really close. From the Rockwell museum to Alice's restaurant, this is a great spot with enough of interest going on for all ages and tastes)

Also check out spending a few hours in Rhinebeck, NY on your way between CT and NYC. (It's on Hudson, East Side) Sunday morning's there is a great airshow in Rhinebeck with everything from dual wings, to stunt shows performed. It is something the entire family would enjoy. http://www.donzi.net/photos/tuxedofall.jpg

Stix Magill
08-19-2003, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the responses! I will be in Ridgefield CT on the 2 and 3 of october, then to Manhatten for the 4 5 6, and then back to Ridgefield till the 11th. I would love a ride on any of your boats! Please email me at stixmagill@hotmail.com if you think of a way to make it happen. I will have my wife travelling with me, but our schedule is flexible so far.
Your favorite restaurants off the beaten path would be a cool tip.
As far as fishing, Ct. would be the easiest for me to arrange on the schedule. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again guys.
Scott