PDA

View Full Version : Great vendor experience

1996Z15
05-19-2003, 07:08 PM
I just had to pass this along to everyone since I don't think these types of people are very commonly found in this day and age. As you guys may, or may not, know I recently purchased a 1986 Minx. It came equipped with Shotgun exhaust silencers but they seemed to be missing the return mechanism. I called the manufacturer, Drew Marine, and spoke to the owner Drew. He confirmed that I had one of the earliest designs, they were only made for one year, and that it was missing a return spring. He went on to say that to update the system to today's kit would cost approx. $250.00. I told him that I just bought the boat and that $250.00 was not in the budget so he offered to sent me, free of charge, the springs that I needed and a spare. I just received them today and I was never so thrilled to get some springs before in my life. If I ever decide to change my exhaust I think I will go back to Drew and get his latest set up. I just had to share that experience with everyone.

Team Hula Girl
05-19-2003, 11:38 PM
Great Post. I think it is important for us to post experiences like these. I think sometimes we get caught up in all of the bad experiences that we sometimes forget to reward/recognize excellent customer service.

John

ClassicRazorback
05-20-2003, 08:37 PM
Good Idea

Adrianne at Teague Marine was VERY helpful to me.

Chris :) :) :)