PDA

View Full Version : Nice try Gator fans ...

RedDog
05-14-2003, 02:12 PM
Nice try Gator fans ... but its just not quite up to VOL NAVY standards :D
http://www.donzi.net/photos/floydt-UFL-Yacht.jpg

Fish boy
05-14-2003, 05:15 PM
Pretty high standards... :D :D
http://www.donzi.net/photos/volboat1.jpg

florida gator
05-14-2003, 09:44 PM
Great job Fish Boy. I'm not that good with the photo editing so I'm glad you're here. If we ever finally meet, I owe you a beer for that. :D

RedDog
05-14-2003, 09:50 PM
Ahhhh - Spring practice has just ended but there is still competion in the air! Hate to rush through Summer but I am ready for another gridiron season...

I guess Bama just wants to stay out of the limelight and remain Priceless though............

Sorry 2Bigguns... :rolleyes:

ToonaFish
05-15-2003, 07:29 AM
Causing me to choke over my morning cuppa...

"Seventeen University of Georgia football players have been suspended or declared ineligible to play, and the Bulldogs could be without as many as seven projected starters when the defending SEC champions open their season against Clemson on Aug. 30."

EBay should know better than to allow sweet, young, naive boys to hold an auction without adult supervision. :rolleyes:

Bunches,

Celene 'we are seriously not amused'

Fish boy
05-15-2003, 08:32 AM
Hey Toona, I am sorry to hear about the Ga players being suspended. I played NCAA football (even played against UGA when I was on JV), and there is a side that most people do not know or care to know about.

Without getting on a soap box, the superstar getting cash under the table is the exception not the rule. This a year round sport/job with nearly every moment occupied by rehab injuries, training, practice, conditioning, weights, film,... It is a more than full time job with no pay. Sure, less than 1/2 of 1% will go on to the pros, and make big $, but the education is an avenue that may not be open for most every one else.

I remeber 3 incidents very clearly: one teamate was washing his clothes in the lake because he had no money for laundry. Another borrowed money from me for school supplies beacuse he did not have a dime. Finally, one of my closest friends worked up the courage, swallowed his pride and asked to borrow a few dollars because it was his baby's birthday and he could not afford to buy her a present.

I have lots more stories, but the point is that everyone of my teamates was healthy and capable of getting a job. They played football, hoping to go to the pros, but realizing they were getting an education in exchange for their work not money to live on. Most came form families that did not have a dime to give them, as much as they wanted to.

I have a national championship ring that is one of my most prized posessions. But if I could not afford to eat, or buy my baby a birthday present, I think I would sell my ring no matter how valuable it was to me.

Just my .02.

florida gator
05-22-2003, 07:51 PM
Fishboy, where did you play?