PDA

View Full Version : Paging Rootsy

Brad Lyon
06-22-2003, 09:52 PM
Jamie,

Can my Super C be easily changed to a 12 volt system? Second question, would you by chance have a electrical diagram that would be close that you could fax to me? If so my fax number is 248.689.2403.

Brad

Rootsy
06-23-2003, 07:35 AM
Brad,

yes your C can be converted. you'll have to have the generator changed over for 12V and go to a negative ground system. Requires a new voltage regulator with the polarity reversed. The starter won;t need anything, but it'll spin the motor over pretty damn easily... and of course a new battery. I convert all of my stuff to a 12V negative ground system. I also go with a pentronix electronic ignition kit... worth the money.

I do not have a wiring diagram for a C but it should be the same as an H, M, W4, W6, etc which i have all of the info for... AT HOME... like at my parents...

YOU CAN purchase a brand new wiring harness which makes it plug and chug for the super C... from OEM... OleRed knows the owner... i have their catalog at home also... i know they have a website and are located in bloomington, IL.

http://oemtractorparts.com/

total cost to do all of this should be around 300 - 350 bucks.

Rootsy
06-23-2003, 08:26 AM
have some photos and or P/N's scott? i might be interested in some "stock"...

J - lots of systems left to convert...

Brad Lyon
06-23-2003, 07:07 PM
Thanks for your response Jamie. $300 plus is a little more than I can afford right now, but it is good to know what I will need and what can still be used. Soooooo, I will be buying a 6 volt battery and see if I can get her running. I could still use a wiring layout if you could fax one to me.

Thanks again,

Brad

Rootsy
06-23-2003, 10:08 PM
Brad,

yesterdaystractors.com is a good information site..

they speak of doing a 12V conversion and using an alternator, etc... i HAVE my generators converted to 12V... whatever they do inside of em... and they all charge fine! to get a generator done runs about 100 - 150... + a 12V battery, 40 dollar regulator + 12V coil and resistor.

i'll see if i can get a hold of a wiring diagram...