PDA

View Full Version : More E-Mail

MOP
06-22-2003, 04:53 PM
Have you noticed how long E-Mail takes to get from one place to another? I used to send stuff to a Bud it would take ten-fifteen minutes, now it takes two to three hours. I was B------g about it to a Detective Buddy he said the mail is filtered very heavily looking for Towel Head info. Just for the heck of it time a few you will see what I mean.

Ed Donnelly
06-22-2003, 08:20 PM
hot mail to hotmail is nearly instant. I forward stuff to different hotmail accounts due to limits.Outlook express is now taking forever..Ed

goatee
06-22-2003, 08:23 PM
i was going to say!!!! it's instant... but then i have a hotmail accnt. :rolleyes:

TuxedoPk
06-23-2003, 06:40 PM
Phil- A big part of the delay is cause by Spam, Anti-virus software, and content filtering software.

Spam has increased the load of mail hitting servers.

Most/much corporate e-mail is scanned for appropriate content when being sent, as well as scanned for viruses so as not to infect recipients.

When you combine the span, with the outbound and inbound filtering and scanning, you'll see that it isn't the speed of transmitting mail that is the problem, it is underpowered mail servers handling an increasing volume and type of work load that is the issue.

MOP
06-23-2003, 09:21 PM
Here Here on the junk mail, I average 40-50 a day. Have to stay with my AD I use it for business.