PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Boat Info in Profiles

Ranman
03-31-2003, 08:04 PM
Scot,

Earlier, I responded to a post by Rich Somelastname regarding his seats in his Classic. He did not list a whole lot of information about his current boat so I went and looked in the Registry to see what he had listed. Anyway, this caused me to wonder if there is a way to add our current boat info to our profiles. Just basic info like year, make, model, power and drive would be nice. If someone posts a question and does not list their boat, a quick check of their profile would provide some info. What do you think? This would also help us know who drives what. Oh, I don't know what to tell you about people like Scott, Chris and Cliff, I guess they'll just have to list the one that runs, not all the ones in their yards.

MOP
03-31-2003, 10:49 PM
Sounds like a great idea wink

harbormaster
03-31-2003, 11:39 PM
Randy,

In a perfect world it would make a lot of sense.
I used to have that field in the registration and only 1 out of 20 people filled it in. When I upgraded I got rid of it.

I have a hard enough time getting people to put in where they are located.

Yes it is a good idea but I have given up on it.

David O
04-01-2003, 07:07 AM
There is a place to enter additional information about your boats profile under the registered boats section. Use the area called "comments"
You also can edit this information as it changes.

The only problem I see is cross-referencing a users name to their real name so that you know whom it is you are looking up.
So Scot if you could somehow tie the user name to the boat registry we could easily go and get the boat or boats profile, assuming one keeps it up to date.
OR
Give us a field for adding our user name, ability to sort by user name and make it our responsibility for adding our user name to the boats profile.

Go to this link and update your boats profile.

"http://www.donzi.net/registry/editregpage.cfm"

Ranman
04-01-2003, 08:24 AM
I feel your pain Scot.

Is it possible to link a username to the corresponding Registry entry(s)?

harbormaster
04-02-2003, 07:34 AM
Randy,

Anything is possible. I can add a field in the registry for everyones board Handle.

I would probably be the one who had to enter it. though....

Because 50% of the people could not figure out how to do it.

David O
04-02-2003, 07:48 AM
Scot, I bet the percentage is higher than that!!!

Ranman
04-02-2003, 08:20 AM
Scot,

You know how this stuff works much better thasn I do. I just like to dream sometimes, but I have no idea what would work or not. I appreciate the responses though.

...trying to come up with another bright idea.