PDA

View Full Version : 1st Trip out this yr.

KMLFAMILY
05-11-2003, 08:06 AM
Well it finally got above 60 deg. so i decided to splash.The boat ran great all day.Not too many others out there besides the working fisherman.I ventured down to Newport R.I. and saw a big yacht transport ship(kinda u-shaped,the transported ships stay in the water).Proably 7 to 8 big yachts inside it.I had never seen one.Halfway through the morning i heard a distress call go out on my new VHF.A 39ft sailboat,2 miles offshore,4 P.O.B.,water level@floorboards.With each conversion of the captain i could hear the desparity setting in"Any other vessel"s in sight"response "no".General broadcast goes out for any assistance from coastguard.I was not in the area.I then realized how important the gps is for your exact location.All i thought about the rest of the day was that cold water and survival gear. It felt great to be on the water again though.C;mon summer.

TMANN
05-11-2003, 07:38 PM
Sounds like a great day other than the poor guy sinking. Did you ever hear anymore about there condition? Or whether the coast Guard responded?

TMANN

KMLFAMILY
05-12-2003, 07:07 PM
TMANN:
Sounds like a great day other than the poor guy sinking. Did you ever hear anymore about there condition? Or whether the coast Guard responded?

TMANN TMANN- It was great to get reacquainted with the water again.I didn"t here any more on the sailboat.It was named Tantrum.I will have to ck. nxt. mos. log.Here is the transport ship. http://www.freefoto.com/browse.jsp?id=2026-01-57