PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! ... Wife wants a minivan

Donzi Blackhawk
08-04-2003, 08:50 PM
Well guess what, Donzi kathleen is finally tired of her Pontiac Bonniville. Now she informs me that she needs more room for the kids "I need a third back seat." Hell when I was growing up we didn't have a third back seat.

I see it this way, if she drives one she'll be happy. Right? What minivan is a good all around vehicle. She is leaning towards a Dodge Grand Caravan. Oh, and don't come up with something that costs $30,000.00 either. Trust me - the kids will trash this car.

Bryant

MOP
08-04-2003, 09:14 PM
I have two friends with the Dodge, one with the 4X4 option the other wishing he had bought it with. Both do like them and I have riden in both the 2 wheeler rides just a tad better but not a good in the slippery stuff, not that you care except for Fla sand!

boxy
08-04-2003, 09:39 PM
Bryant, Dodge is making a R/T version of the Grand Caravan, complete with double viper stripe. It would make a pretty cool tow vehicle for the Blackhawk.... :D

mattyboy
08-05-2003, 06:57 AM
look at the new chysler pacifica, nice cross sports car, suv ,mini van

Matty

Darrell
08-05-2003, 09:35 AM
Check out the GMC Envoy XL, 3rd seat, 270 hp, drives great. With you owning a Pontiac you can get 4000.00 rebate.

Plus it could double as a nice tow vehicle for the Donzi.

Happy hunting;

Darrell

Tony
08-05-2003, 11:04 PM
I bought my Plymouth Voyager, "Sport" version, new in 1995. Today it has 140,000 miles on it and still running strong. While not a tow vehicle, it suits lots of other purposes. Great in the snow(even without four wheel drive), flexible seating that removes to make it a good houler of stuff, and handles well. Reasonable priced, too, unlike so many of the trendy but tiny SUV's. You cannot go wrong with the Dodge Grand Caravan, in the south I would definately skip the 4 x 4 option, you will never need it!

Rootsy
08-06-2003, 07:11 AM
Matty,

the pacifica is way overpriced for what it is... i've done a few vehicle evaluations of them since i manufacture the washer system. i don't really understand where they get off charging nearly 40 grand for one :confused:

the washer resevoir design is a POS too... but i still somehow manage to assemble it frown

RedDog
08-12-2003, 09:56 PM
I don't know the age of your kids, but my wife and young (but big) teens love the Suburban. No mini van but it has the third row plus cargo space plus towing capacity. It didn't take Donzi Deb long to get comfortable with the size. I had a GMC Safari and liked it when the kids were babies, but the Suburban is much more complete. And buy used to beat the 30K concern.

BUIZILLA
08-13-2003, 06:28 AM
Bryant, I may be selling my 2001 Tahoe very soon.
3 seater, traction control, tow pkg, dual a/c, seat covers, tows a 22 like it's not even back there at all...

Jim

boldts
08-13-2003, 07:49 AM
Have to admit, I have a Chevy Tahoe and love it. It's not a pickup, so the friends aren't asking to borrow it all the time, yet if I need to haul things there is plenty of space with the back seat folded down. I will never own anything but a 4dr. of any truck out there. My daughter is only 6 now, but when she was a baby, nothing beats that back door for getting her in and out. Now with her girl friends going to the lake with us on occasion, that back door comes in real handy. Like said by others, Beth loves driving it. It's hard to get my keys back sometimes. I have the 2 wheel drive version because they have a larger towing capacity due to less weight. I've only wished I had 4 wheel drive once and that was when I parked in a mud field. Lesson learned! We have snow here and I've never had a problem with traction. Tows our 22 like a dream although having brakes on the trailer is a big plus. Downside of course is the gas mileage. 16 on the highway non-towing doesn't begin to compare to what a mini van will get with a 6 cyl. :)