PDA

View Full Version : Auto insurance increases

Ed Donnelly
06-14-2003, 07:20 PM
Have any of you,south of the border,got big increases in your auto insurance. My F150 and my wifes jeep cost $2600 a year. May 2002 we got a $500 increase. May 2003 another $450 increase.Ticket and accident free over 10 yrs. The reason stated by the accompanying letter was due to Sept 11. This year they stated Sept 11 but added the low value of the Canadian dollar. The Canadian dollar is higher than it has in 8 yrs. All the automakers in Canada state they are losing profits because the Canadian dollar is so high.Any feedback???Ed

MOP
06-15-2003, 08:36 AM
Ed my insurance company went nuts back last year, my agent of 20 some odd years called and asked if I would mind if he shopped around. He also felt the BIG company gouging. He switched me to The Hartford. I was very happy to get a savings of about $1,200 collectively on my vehicles. Ask your broker if they are also in Canada. If your broker is on your side he should be able to do better for you. Besides the local FUZZ should get a break just on Principal!

Ed Donnelly
06-15-2003, 11:28 AM
Mop that was the best price I could get. My broker switched me over to ING.PS I am not FUZZ,just do work for the Metro Police, Harbour Police, and the OPP. I have one brother in law and two cousins with Metro,one uncle Supreme court judge, and one cousin supreme court judge. I have been known to help keep them busy at times..Ed

MOP
06-15-2003, 01:11 PM
Hi my mistake, Happy Fathers Day! The Fuzz was a complement.

Phil