PDA

View Full Version : Rugby...

gjohns6896
07-31-2003, 11:15 PM
Let's talk about SPORTS for a minute...I mean REAL sports. Not golf, or nascar, or football (hockey is okay, and possibly soccer, as long as it is INTERNATIONAL soccer, not some BS high school crap). Not to say that these are NOT sports, but not ones that I am talking about here. Rugby is possibly one of the hardest sports and yet can be the most fun, also. I have played all sports, but rugby is by far the most EQUAL! I mean, once you get kitted up and get on the pitch, no one individual is better or worse than any other player. You all got the balls to get on the pitch in the first place, so it now becomes a test of the best team, not the fastest/strongest/biggest player, but the way in which you USE that speed and size. I have so many great stories of playing the game as well as the parties afterward. I will be happy to share any or listen to other's words as well.

Here is just one picture of me in action. I was usually #1 (Loose-head prop), but this day, we were playing with the Indianapols Firefighters/Butler University Alumn/undergrads versus Anderson U. alumn/undergrads. In this pic, I am #16 Tight-head prop (alternate, the only jersey that would fit me), with my hooped hoes (not making a fashion statement) and I am in the process of boosting the jumper in an attempt at intercepting the line-out thrown-in. We were very successful this day, but the game ended up at a TIE! Remember, I had NEVER played with ANY of these guys before, but we all had FUN nonetheless! There were men from South Africa, Ireland, AND even Nigeria (those guys were FAST and slippery)!

http://www.donzi.net/photos/gjohns3.jpg

Cheers,
George

Sagbay32
08-01-2003, 11:37 AM
Looks fun, like an "Atomic wedgie".

J/k

Mike

gjohns6896
08-02-2003, 02:07 PM
Mike, I think you are right-on with your conclusion. However, being the "booster," and not the "boosted" has its advantages. wink

Cheers,
George

Fish boy
08-05-2003, 09:42 AM
Looking at the picture and seeing what #1 is doing to his "good friend", maybe this should be posted in the donzi girls section. LOL