PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmmmm Duck Hunters

Darrell
05-06-2003, 05:27 PM
This is a story I read in Field & Stream:

A couple of duck hunters drove out onto a frozen lake late in the season with everytheng they needed for a for a successful hunt: a brand new $42,000 Lincoln Navigator, shotguns, a Labrador retriever and dynamite to create a honey hole. They lit the 40-second fuse on the explosive and threw it as far away as they could, whereupon the Lab eagerly bounded off to fetch the smoking red stick. Seeing the dog start on his return trip and suddenly fearing for their lives, one of the pair fired at man's best friend, stunning but not stopping him. The guy fired again, and the dog, now panicked, did the only sensible thing: It dove under the new SUV for cover. Moments later, the Lab went to heaven and the SUV went to the bottom of the lake. The owner of the vehicle was told by his insurance company that his policy did not cover the illegal use of explosives. The $560 monthly payments would remain in effect until the purchase price was met.

Darrell

goatee
05-06-2003, 11:21 PM
urban legend, i heard that story years before lincoln ever made a navigator. i think i heard that around ten years ago.