PDA

View Full Version : GPS Speedometer

FJB20
07-25-2002, 06:45 PM
Wanna Buy a Livorsi GPS Speedometer --Tired of Inaccuracy -- Gaffrig 2 Guages -- Looking for a GPS that I'm only going to use for the Speedo and I'd rather wasn't hangin somewhere like hardware (Small Antenna-GPS Hidden Somewhere)
THANX!!!!!!! FJB20

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
07-25-2002, 07:29 PM
I had trouble reading that, so you have a new one for sale?
Price and cut out size is?
Bryan

FJB20
07-25-2002, 08:35 PM
I'm Buying a Livorsi GPS 80 Speedometer --- White Face Yellow Rim
but I'm Looking for info on a GPS. All I want it for is to supply the Speed Info to my new GPS 80.
Any Ideas??? Want to Hide this particular GPS that I want to Buy. Small Antenna?? Don't want it hangin around on my dash like Hardware. Thanks Bryan

boldts
07-25-2002, 10:47 PM
I'm not sure, but the Livorsi GPS speedo comes with the GPS unit that picks up the signal doesn't it? Seems kind of a waste to buy a GPS speedo that doesn't come with the GPS unit to feed it the speed?

roadtrip se
07-25-2002, 10:47 PM
Just put the GPS speedo in my boat.
They have downsized the GPS anttena to
the size of a silver dollar. Not bad
looking, really.

Installation rules say it has to have an
unobstructed view of the sky with no metal
near it, like a windshield.

A handheld GPS unit attached to the speedo
will have to have a clear view of the heavens
also.

Still playing with mine to decide where I will
do the permanent mount. Probably the middle of the dash, if I can get away with it.

Really nice stuff from Livorsi.

Todd

Bad-Tat
07-25-2002, 11:19 PM
I have one of those GPS speedos and they have to have the antenna that comes with them. The company told me that it will not work with a regular GPS as the signals are not all the same.

I really works great!!!

FI38ZX
07-25-2002, 11:46 PM
I just orderd the gaffrig GPS Spedo. It comes with a "mouse" antenna that you can mount right under the dash. I'll let you guys know how it works in a couple of days. (cost is about $180 for the spedo & almost $200 for the antenna!!!)

FI38ZX