PDA

View Full Version : Tire purchase for trailer!!!!

olemissalum
06-04-2003, 10:31 AM
Wanted to share my experience for anyone needing trailer tires. After exploding 3 Carlisle trailer tires this weekend called Goodyear dealer locally and he wanted 115 a tire for the Marathon eek!
So after a little internet surfing found tirerack.com and they had what I needed for 75 a tire with $42 for shipping for two tires. I ordered Monday at about noon and they were at my doorstep this morning at 10 am. I am very impressed with this site and wanted to share my great experience.

Greg Maier
06-04-2003, 01:12 PM
What kind of Carlisle's were they? I just put on four Carlisisle Radials, and they seem fine so far. Where you on the highway? How fast were you going? Was there some kind of other problem, such as overheating bearings? It just seems wierd that three tires would blow in a weekend.

olemissalum
06-04-2003, 04:08 PM
Carlisle ST 225/75R15. No bearing or brake problems. Each time it happened I would say anywhere between 60 to 70. the tires were only 2 years old and just last weekend had an 800 mile tow on them and were fine, then the next weekend, disaster!!!! they were properly inflated!!!! I do not know but will never own another set again.

Sam
06-04-2003, 08:52 PM
Just put two new Marathons on,169.00 for the pair installed.

Sam

olemissalum
06-05-2003, 10:28 AM
Showed the tires to my "tire guy" and he said it looked like a bad run of tires. The steel belts started to come loose and then the sidewalls just delaminated from the tread. Very ugly site!!!! I do not want to say anything bad about Carlisle's because I know everyone can have a bad experience with any brand, but the last trailer I had had them also and lost several on it. Maybe it is just me eek!