PDA

View Full Version : Fall S.E. Mich Gathering ?

Sam
08-14-2001, 07:37 PM
Any takers for a fall S.E. Mich gathering, I was thinking sometime in late September. The location would depend on the response,so let me know ASAP.

Sam

boldts
08-14-2001, 07:58 PM
Sam,

I'd be up to meeting up with you all again. Had a great time last time. How about someplace half way around MI and OH borders.

Brad Lyon
08-14-2001, 10:07 PM
I may be able to attend. I would like to show off my new toy. I live in Madison Heights but my boat is up in Gladwin so I would need to go up and get it. Send me an email with time and date should you decide to have an event.

Brad

boldts
08-14-2001, 10:27 PM
JaRoot,

I like your thoughts on places to run the boats. Jerry Eisle from Cincy has a larger boat at Port Clinton but brings the 22 Classic up for running around on the lake. I've been to Monroe for offshore races. Have a couple bottles of wine that were given to me for helping with the event. Toledo and the river I've been told are a happening place on the weekends. There are 2 weekends in Sept. that don't work for me though. Sept. 8th - Lake Cumberland Donzi Sponsored Poker Run and Sept. 23rd - Monster Mile in Dover DE for Nascar Racing. Any other dates and I'll be there. :D

Tony
08-15-2001, 08:10 AM
Count me in as well! Any of the discussed locations would work, although I would rather not go all the way to Sanduskey.

Riley
08-15-2001, 09:31 AM
Depends on the weekend, but I might be interested in towing south for one last blast. What are all of you Michigan guys doing for the Labor Day Holiday?

roadtrip se
08-15-2001, 09:32 AM
Hi all,
I grew up in Toledo on the waters of the Maumee and Lake Erie. I would love to come home and see family, then perhaps take a little Donzi run to catch up with the old stomping grounds. Probably won't drag up from Texas with the Roadtrip though. Hey Scott Boldt, can I have a ride??????????
Todd

Riley
08-15-2001, 11:31 AM
Hey Jamie, are you looking for any extra crewman for the Indy Nats? As much as I love boats, I'd give my eye teeth to spend a weekend as an "insider" at Indy!!

Moody Blu'
08-15-2001, 12:39 PM
Hey jamie, whenever you feel a little frisky and willing to take a chance on someone driving for you, send me an email. I'll knock your socks off and then some.
Ive tested everything from modifieds to sprint cars(when I was 16-18) I never got my pro liscence so I couldnt race(parental reasons).(I am going in the fall for my pro liscence)
I miss those days :(

heck if you take a chance ill garauntee a 10th place or better finish.

:D

Sam
08-15-2001, 05:11 PM
Scott, what did you have in mind ? Is there anything in northern Ohio. Keep in mind that we need plenty of parking and as well as water temperment that we can deal with.

Sam

Riley
08-16-2001, 08:21 AM
I know it isn't SE Michigan, but Houghton Lake is pretty easy for everybody to get to since it is so centrally located. There is a great bar-restaurant-motel located on the West shore of the lake (Holiday on the Lake), which I'm sure would cater to a Donzi gathering. They also sit right next to a DNR launching ramp, and have plenty of parking. I'd be happy to help organize an event in that area, since I'm there on business all the time. If not for this Fall, then next summer for sure.