PDA

View Full Version : Its Official The Race is on! Sept 22-23 Trumps Marina APBA

Shanghied Again
08-13-2001, 08:26 PM
Calling all Donzis, Anyone that wants to Volunteer for harbor sweep and show our Donzis in numbers this is it! We can have our Donzi get together along side one of the best racing in the world APBA in Atlantic City. If interested in being a Volunteer contact me and I will put you on the list, I have 10 Donzis on the list now that I am contacting, http://northeastdonziclub.homestead.com/index.html :D

Scott Pearson
08-14-2001, 08:09 AM
Frank,
I'll be there!

(NJ)Scott

Dr. Dan
08-14-2001, 12:51 PM
Frank, I'll be there also, just let us know the set up!...Doc :D

GeneD
08-14-2001, 07:22 PM
Bad news peeps...Zero Cavity will not be making the AC race due to logistics.
BUT...007 just might be making an appearance!
We have to work out the logistics on THAT!
Frank...can I have the turn of my choice?
Also, might need a place to stay...

Moody Blu'
08-14-2001, 07:24 PM
I'll be there, I just have to get my water pump first, I should have it as soon as I find out what model jabsco pump it is.
I might upggrade to a bigger pump for closed cooling next year, frank kind of made me think about switching though.

I'll see you all this saturday?????????
Frank can I be a member of th n/e club?
I hope you bring a camera on sat so there will be a pic of my boat on your site.

I just ordered new hatch hinges and rail ends! OH BOY!!!

Shanghied Again
08-14-2001, 09:28 PM
Broque, I will add you as a member lets hope we don't have another rain out? this wekend according to the Weather Channel doesn't look good. But hey when do the get things right. The next Rain date will put us in to September! And yup I have a camera.
Gene D. Doc isn't going to race in AC? The AC race is now on the Major circuit, Its not a local. We can always find a place hey I have a V berth? The count is on I have 11 Donzis and counting including a ZF there some guy coming from Alabama with a 22 Classic He wanted to visit AC now here is his chance.

Scott Pearson
08-14-2001, 10:28 PM
Frank,
I'm a little confused...When are we doing Waters Edge? If its Saturday I will make it. I know Sunday I cant. Let me know.

Thanks!

(NJ)Scott

Moody Blu'
08-14-2001, 11:10 PM
ALRIGHT! I get to see that tricked out classic frank has been talking about.(heard your 18' is awesome scott)

It IS saturday scott.

this rain is REALLy :mad: starting to tick me off.
EVeRY DAMN DAY I get off for work the weather is junk.
Frank how bout setting up a rain date for sunday just in case? damn I wont see scotts boat then huh? better make it on next sat or sun whenever scott can make it sounds like a good day for me.

So what do we have to do if we volunteer for this apba race?
I am really excited about this, it makes me proud to own a donzi.

One thing though, there are a couple people that own donzis(they post on this message board) and get freightened by 2 ft seas. :rolleyes:
If you are one of them GET SOME GUTS!!!!!!! you own one of the finest rough water boats ever made. SO HIT THE THROTTLE AND SKIP ABOVE THE TOP!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D

GeneD
08-14-2001, 11:27 PM
Sky Blue, I hear you, but I for one, am not familiar with the folks you are speaking about.
Well, that is not absolutely true. I DO know a Donzi owner that is a wimp. But he has a Volvo and is not into speed. Let's analyze that, you own a Donzi and don't want to go fast...hmmm.
Take a ride on the Mighty Mouse...you will be cured.
Wanna race out in the mighty Atlantic?
I'll even take on George!

Shanghied Again
08-15-2001, 05:10 AM
Scott.. Saturday will be the get together.

Brogue. If it rains I have to move the schedual foward due to, 1000 Islands Poker run I will be there, Ny city fun run I will be there, Atlantic city Boat show, I will be there the Philly Poker run I will be there and finally the Atlantic City race, These are all the starting next weekend. My Donzi travels a lot

Moody Blu'
08-15-2001, 07:27 AM
Gened,Whoa :eek:, what does a volvo drive have to do with being a wimp?
I'm proud to say that I keep up with a 18' 350 and a alpha one drive trimmed out all the way, with NO TRIM -with my volvo 250 drive,imagine if i had trim! :eek:

\I think it is actually better that I dont have trim right now, because I keep fiddling with the engine to get more speed. once I get a drive the trim is going to be a BIG bonus, like bob barkers SHOW CASE SHOWDOWN, but I end up winning both showcases :p

GeneD
08-15-2001, 09:10 AM
Sky,
It is a well known fact(?) that the Volvos are HP robbers. Especially the old ones. Indestructable, I will give you that though.
They had a duo-prop Volvo at Lake X one time (I happened to be there, and as a matter of fact it was on an Armada) and the stern drive group leader told me that they were going to show Armada that if they wanted to go fast, they needed a Merc drive and powerplant.
Testing was successful and they picked up 5 MPH.
Go figure!

Formula Jr
08-15-2001, 03:22 PM
Sky, there are many reasons for owning a Donzi. Some folks are just not into flexing their 30 year old pride and joy into a stress crack crazed boat after a long and expensive restoration. If you run any boat, hard enough and long enough, it will show - even on a Donzi. If anyone is just into the joy of tooling around in a beautiful boat, you have to respect that. Its just another side to the same coin.

Moody Blu'
08-15-2001, 07:52 PM
actually I did just that TODAY, i tooled around in it at 30-35 mph all day, and it felt great!!! with the occasional wot!!!
I cant wait to get my new gauges!!

Formula Jr
08-15-2001, 08:10 PM
Now didn't that feel good. Leave the pissing contests to the want-a-be-s unless you decide you want the pink-slip. Then 10/10 it in the rough stuff. Donzis do it all. Thats the hidden beauty of them.

Shanghied Again
08-15-2001, 09:24 PM
As the Info comes down I will relay it. To all Volunteers there will be a party with 2 party tickets after the Volunteers meeting, Date and time are still a Question mark. This is pure APBA excitement with a Donzi twist. :D I will be sending out info with in the next 2 weeks anyone that has volunteered will be getting the info mailed to them.