PDA

View Full Version : 1st Annual M.A.D.C.O.W. Cruise 7/23-7/25

roadtrip se
01-12-2004, 02:27 PM
The Michigan Area Donzi Cruisers On Water announce their first in what we hope to be annual cruise weekends on July 23rd-25th!

The St.Clair lake and river offer clear blue waters with awesome scenery, funky water front restraunts and bars, and some of the best raft offs this side of the Mississippi. Not to mention more vintage Donzis, Magnums, and Cigarettes hidden away than any where else!

After much searching Sam Pilato has located a hotel with both reasonable rooms and dockage just outside your door, a rarity in this area! Jill and I checked it out this weekend and it is old, but well kept and clean.

Greg and Maggie Proctor have agreed to give us the entire Harmony Hotel, 7455 Harmony, Fair Haven, MI 48023. 586.725.1331 for this weekend.

There are 22 rooms:
--11 with either a queen or a queen and single for $45 and $52 per night
--11 with a kitchenette and a studio or separate bedroom for $175 and $185 per week. These are only available by the week, but still a good deal.

The public launch is a mile up the road and is protected with docks. There are plenty of small water front towns, restraunts, and shopping a short drive away for those who want to explore the local attractions.

Greg and Maggie ask that we call and make reservations with a credit card number, but they will not charge the card until after our stay. They ask that we fill the hotel as soon as possible, so please make your reservations now!
There are very few water front hotels with dockage avialable in the area, so these rooms will go fast as the season approaches. They are currently booking in June!

We will have some great cruises planned, event t-shirts, and a barbeque on Saturday night. MADCOW Locals, even if you don't plan on staying at the hotel, please let us know if you plan to attend, so we may start getting a count.

We look forward to showing off St. Clair to all of you!

So who's coming?

Todd Somerville
"MADCOW Loco chapter"

Sam
01-12-2004, 04:07 PM
I guess it goes with out saying that I'll be there. Since this is my home body of water please feel free to give me a shout with any questions you might have.
As Todd mentioned this is a big body of water, here are a few stats that you might find interesting.

Lake St. Clair is not one of the Great Lakes but it separates Lake Erie and Lake Huron, along with the Detroit River and the St. Clair River. It lies between Ontario and Michigan and is about 10 km (6 mi) northeast of Detroit and Windsor, Ontario.

Lake St. Clair is 42 km (26 mi) from north to south and 37 km (24 mi) from east to west. Its totals surface area is 1114 km² (430 mi²). It is a very shallow lake with an average depth of about 10 feet (3 metres), and a maximum natural depth of 21 feet (6.4 metres), although it is 27 feet (8.2 metres) deep in the navigation channel which has been dredged for freighter passage. At the northeastern end of Lake St. Clair is the extensive delta system of the St. Clair River -- the largest freshwater delta in the world.
Just ask anyone who frequents these waters you never know what your going to see next on the lake. Everything from scary fast boats to lake freighters in the shipping channel. There are several great web sites that you can check out for more detailed info.

Sam :D :D :D

olredalert
01-12-2004, 05:52 PM
-----Jan and I are in,of course! Will help in any way you guys think is best. Really looking forward to showing DONZIites that havent had the pleasure of boating around here why the area is so great. The only problem I can see on the horizon is cutting back all the really cool stuff we could do to a sane level!!!!!
-----Big thanks to Roadtrip for getting the ball rolling........Bill S

Brad Lyon
01-12-2004, 06:14 PM
As Jamie once put it so eloquently, It’s penciled in, in ink!

Let me know how I can help out. How far is this hotel from Harsens' Island? Should I crash at Kim's aunt's place and save the room at the hotel for our out-of-town friends or should I get a room at the hotel? I won't be able to do the whole week though.

Brad

Dr. Dan
01-12-2004, 07:37 PM
:D Very Cool....lets post some links to area so us Voyeurs can partake....and also list it on the Events Calender....Question after the 22 Rooms are History ...what is the next closest alternative lodgeing..? :p

:cool: Doc

Brad Lyon
01-12-2004, 09:39 PM
How about these:

http://www.lakestclair.net/

http://boatingontheweb.com/mi/mi_lake_st_clair.htm

http://www.audiogalaxysp.com/lake-st-clair-michigan-lodging/lake-st-clair-michigan-lodging.html

Sam
01-12-2004, 10:40 PM
Dan, to answer your question there is nothing else on the water that offers protected dockage. If need be there are several places inland a bit.

Brad, the motel is located in Fair Haven right next to Compass Point Marina. From there to Harsens figure
approx 10 minutes by car.

Sam

oldLenny
01-12-2004, 11:55 PM
"MADCOW", com'on Todd, be nice to us folks :D

Sea Biscuit
01-13-2004, 01:37 PM
My wife and I are in....Lee Matas

olredalert
01-14-2004, 12:04 AM
-----Allright Lee. It will be good to see you again!.......Bill S

Ranman
01-20-2004, 01:21 PM
I'm booked at the Harmony Hotel.

For the folks from out of town who are considering this event I will note that our local impromptu events have netted 12 to 15 boats, so this event will surely become a large one in short order.

Brad Lyon
01-21-2004, 08:31 PM
I'm booked as well! Room 101, Friday and Saturday nights.

Brad

Jerry Eisele
01-31-2004, 09:59 AM
I'm in. Room booked #119!!! Coming with Elizabeth, so behave Jamie!! We are coming early Fri. evening. Sounds like a good time!!

Jbesst
01-31-2004, 05:23 PM
Karen and I are in. Booked a room, looked into towing the Donzi with the slo-boat from Port Clinton,but a room is much more cost effective than 230 gal. of fuel.Looks like a busy boating summer and we can't wait.Currently 2 degrees in central Ohio. BRRRRRRR!

goatee
01-31-2004, 08:04 PM
if you dont mind a couch, or air matress on the floor,, my casa su casa.
i'm in clinton twnp. 30 min. from fair haven. parents still live on harsen's.. in quite a bit larger home. so if anyone is stranded, or looking to save some lira on lodging?????? give me a shout.

ITTLFLI
02-02-2004, 08:42 AM
I just booked a room! Sounds like a blast!

Now...where is that blower for the x-18!! :biggrin.:

Tony
02-06-2004, 11:01 PM
Cherrie and I will be in Room #121. There are only a few rooms left, so if you are planning on using these accomodations for this inaugral event you better call soon. Thanks for putting it together, Todd, and please let me know if I can help with anything. For instance, I know a superb artist who would design a t-shirt for free.

On that Sunday we leave for our annual week-long camping trip to the Lake Michigan Recreation Area (Nordhouse Dunes), so I will be a busy boy. But I always pack in advance for that adventure!

For any Michigan people looking for an outstanding campground, this is it. We've camped all around Michigan for over 30 years and no other park even comes close. Huge sites (but only 100 of them), an awesome beach (recognized in a magazine a while back as a top 5 in America), and an out of the way location (half way between Ludington and Manistee). The one drawback, for some, is that there is no electricity except in the restrooms, and no showers. But...this eliminates people who want to camp with boomboxes, tv's, refrigerators, obnoxious porch lights, etc. For us this is a major advantage resulting in a great atmosphere. We go in August every year and have meteors every night, great weather, beach volleyball every day, and warm water.

KRAVEN
02-07-2004, 06:15 PM
Count Liz and I in,if anyone needs a place our cottage is always open :wavey:

freeplay
02-19-2004, 12:59 AM
geez look @ all the fun i miss out on......i need to make this my "homepage" anyhow i'll be in for the meet. I do have a wedding to attend in cali for my sister sometime in july....not sure of the date.....i guess a check will do for her......just as long as my hectic life is in order i'll catch up with you guys/gals. I'll be staying on the island (Harsens) and if we need more rooms I can arrange something over @ the Idle Hour on the South Channel. Keep me posted......

freeplay
02-19-2004, 01:05 AM
[QUOTE=Tony]Cherrie and I will be in Room #121. There are only a few rooms left, so if you are planning on using these accomodations for this inaugral event you better call soon. Thanks for putting it together, Todd, and please let me know if I can help with anything. For instance, I know a superb artist who would design a t-shirt for free.

Someone comes up with the design i have the printer........Hmmmmmm sponsors......I'll donate the first hundy for the shirts. But ofcourse "freeplay" will need to be somewhere on it......maybe the armpit :hyper:

Tony
02-20-2004, 09:26 AM
Todd, that is a pretty cool offer from Freeplay regarding the shirts! Give me a theme, or some ideas, and I will get my artist working on it if you want. Maybe our cool new MADCOW logo somewhere, or the Motown skyline in the background, or, with several sweet 16's in our ranks, a pic of one flying along at warp speed (as in...Rootsies!)?

Let me know what you've got in mind.

Brad Lyon
02-20-2004, 11:34 AM
Good idea Tony! Okay now we need to schedule a outing in late April or early May so I can get some pictures of Jamie jumping freighter waves! What do you think Jamie........

Brad

roadtrip se
02-20-2004, 05:28 PM
Great ideas gentlemen!

I would prefer sponsor-free t-shirts, so I hope you guys will spend a little for a good quality shirt, plus a little for the Harbormaster. I would ask our graphics artist master in residence, Tamburello, to take a shot at the design based on his excellent logo work! But a back-up plan is good, if Jeff is busy.
Thanks Tony! I will contact you Chris.

We can probably get some embroidered logo polos done too, if there is enough interest. Let me know.

We also need some one to make up some posters and get them distributed to the local watering holes this spring. A lot of our local Donzi dudes don't spend much time here. Three X-18s in a row at Browns last year is a great example. Not one of those owners spends much time on the donzinet.

Book your rooms at the Harmony! We have the run of the place thanks to the generosity of the Proctor's. Let's fill the place up!

Be here before you know it!

Todd

zzrhino
04-12-2004, 01:00 PM
Todd the first annual sounds great we are from myrtle beach and michigan is are true hometown. My wife is from st. clair shores and Im from fraser.this is a great time to visit family and boat all in one. please send more info or agenda of the week, possable chart,or web site i can get lake info from.this will be my first event with my boat and cant wait!!feel free to call (843)340 0028 chuck smith zzrhino

Ranman
04-12-2004, 06:53 PM
ZZ,

We look forward to having you. To get your feet wet with lake info., check out www.lakestclair.net. Others will post moe specific info for you to review.

Ranman

Sam
04-13-2004, 12:56 PM
I was thinking about making copies of a basic Lk St Clair chart for those that are interested. Can I get a head count ?

zzrhino
04-13-2004, 02:11 PM
sam thanks for the responce i would really like one. I hope i can get a room there im waiting on responce back from the hotel on the last room.im traveling quite a distance hope to stay with the boat close by if thats booked any other places close by??thanks again chuck smith zzrhino :boat:

Brad Lyon
04-13-2004, 03:23 PM
Count me in Sam. That way maybe I will know where I am going.......

Brad

Sea Biscuit
04-13-2004, 07:13 PM
Sam
I've never been on St Clare so that would be great.#2 I tried to E-mail you about the Michigan caravan to Lake Cumberland but I don't think it went through. We would like to tag along please let me know the time and place and I'll be there.

Sam
04-13-2004, 09:48 PM
Sea Buscuit try me at sampilato@comcast.net.

Sam

roadtrip se
04-13-2004, 09:54 PM
Fantastic!

I would suggest the weekly rooms. Bigger with kitchens and spread out room for travel stuff. Three nights and you are at the same rate as if you went with one of the smaller, by the night rooms. Easy access to your boat is right out the front door less than twenty feet! The hotel is not sold out...

As for navigating, the local contingent will take care of the out of towners. We have about a billion places to explore with one of the largest river delta systems in the US.

Get ready for a great time!

Todd

Sam
04-14-2004, 12:02 PM
X=Frighter, Y=Freighter wake, Z= Donzi flying over frighter wake. At 60 mph can Rootsy make it from one side of the wake to the other.......... and live to talk about it.

Sam :bonk:

Sam
04-15-2004, 03:23 PM
Sound good James, I call the O.P.P. and the Coast Gaurd. I'm sure they can have a chopper in the area just in case.

Sam :biggrin:

roadtrip se
05-24-2004, 04:00 PM
This is going to be fun!

C'mon on up and see our stomping grounds!

Todd

DonziChick
05-24-2004, 04:23 PM
Its coming soon right?? I'm officially in boating mood. Lets go now... I dont want to be at work this week, I'd much rather still be at Cumberland or Erie or Lake St. Clair

It'll be fun. Though you may have to subtract a few miles an hour off Rootsy's speed for right now. I think he can paddle at around 1.5 mph

TuxedoPk
05-25-2004, 09:06 PM
Count me in. After meeting so many of you at AOTH, I'm looking forward to the event.

Rich

Lenny
05-29-2004, 02:05 AM
Todd, Deneen and I are IN... :D Give me a couple more specifics and where to stay to have fun with the local gang as this is another "fly in" ordeal...

Many Thanks, ..Lenny

highlnd@telus.net

:D

P.S. TODD AND JILL,...CAN YOU POST A LINK TO THE ACCOMODATION SITE TO SECURE A ROOM IN ORDER TO BE WITH THE REST OF YOOOZE GUYZZZZ???... :D

roadtrip se
05-29-2004, 09:07 AM
Here are the hotel details...

Greg and Maggie Proctor have agreed to give us the entire Harmony Hotel, 7455 Harmony, Fair Haven, MI 48023. 586.725.1331 for this weekend.

There are 22 rooms:
--11 with either a queen or a queen and single for $45 and $52 per night
--11 with a kitchenette and a studio or separate bedroom for $175 and $185 per week. These are only available by the week, but still a good deal.

Should be a great weekend!

Todd

Lenny
05-29-2004, 10:58 AM
What is the name of the airport to fly into and the abbreviation? How far to the gathering from there?

Is this the "Hotel"? it has a different address but same name and zip code?

http://www.travelhero.com/staticmaps/33/33840.3.400.300.jpg

Ranman
06-02-2004, 08:25 AM
Lenny,

Jenn and I live 30 mins from DTW. Give me a call tonight to discuss. Glad to see you're coming.

zzrhino
06-02-2004, 10:13 PM
Todd is there a agenda for that week set up yet? Can't wait ZZRHINO :bonk:

roadtrip se
06-03-2004, 05:21 PM
Chuck,

We are scouting possible locations and the like as we speak.

There are only about a gazillion places we can run to out there on the river and lake.

Brown's for lunch on Saturday, a little late afternoon drifting at the Gauntlet, and bbq at the Harmony Hotel that evening are definitely on the agenda.

Friday is still pretty open. Local MADCOWs, please chime in here with suggestions.

Looking forward to a great time in the backyard!

Todd
"MADCOW, Loco chapter!"

boldts
06-03-2004, 05:55 PM
Thought for non-locals. A ride down to the Detroit waterfront? Don't know the area very well, (docking available etc.) but lunch at Roosters where the Gold Cup is held every year?

Sam
06-08-2004, 08:55 PM
Let me know if your coming in on Friday and if so what time. I'll be at my cottage and will be happy to show you around a bit. Depending on when everyone gets in will determine where we can go. There are few palces we can eat on the water nothing fancy but entertaining. Weather is king here just like everywhere else. The lake can be very kind or can get very ugly very quick so we will need to paln accordingly for Sat. If you have any questions give me a shout.

Sam

Jabes
06-12-2004, 09:35 AM
Chuck,

We are scouting possible locations and the like as we speak.

There are only about a gazillion places we can run to out there on the river and lake.

Brown's for lunch on Saturday, a little late afternoon drifting at the Gauntlet, and bbq at the Harmony Hotel that evening are definitely on the agenda.

Friday is still pretty open. Local MADCOWs, please chime in here with suggestions.

Looking forward to a great time in the backyard!

Todd
"MADCOW, Loco chapter!"

How about whacking off a slice of American Cheese with the Z-Man in Muskamoot Bay? Non-Locals Won't believe it 'til they see it! Remember, Lake St. Clair is a shallow lake, but all soft sand. If you are unfamiliar with the lake, follow a local, or better yet, use Blue Chart.

Jabes
06-12-2004, 09:42 AM
I launched at the DNR at Fair Haven last Saturday to take the boat to Sassy for the summer. I bumped a rock with the out drive pretty close the docks :mad: . Go STRAIGHT OUT (due south) for a couple miles. Its easy to find yourself in 2-3 feet of water way off shore. If no boats are going that way, you probably don't want to go that way either. Trim up, hammer down.

Sam
06-14-2004, 08:27 AM
I'll have some copies of the lake chart for those that want to know where the heck they are. I talked to Bill Stevens this past weekend and I think he will be around Friday as I know a few others will also be. If the weather is good on Friday we should look at making a run up to Port Huron. From there we can make a quick Dash in Lake Huron just so the out of towners can say they did it. From Algonac Port Huron is about 25 miles with the lake another mile north. We can eat lunch at one of the water front joints on the Black River. Who's up for it ? Let me see some names.

Sam :yes:

Sea Biscuit
06-14-2004, 09:24 AM
Sam, give me a call 734 354 5578
Lee

roadtrip se
06-14-2004, 10:52 AM
Sam,

We will be out on Friday for the event. Hoping most folks are!

Port Huron sounds like a good idea. Maybe a stop at the Quay, great brew pub and restraunt that Bill I have visited, in Port Huron after. Ran across the Bluewater Bridge yesterday and the Lake looked smooth, so maybe we'll get lucky.

Thinking about heading out to the lake this Saturday to do some scouting on the hotel approach and ramp, anyone game?

Todd

Sam
06-14-2004, 05:26 PM
There is a DNR ramp one mile east of the motel. As for the entrance to the canal leading to the motel there's only one way in and out. It's not very well marked so watch yourself. You may want to stop the motel and see if they can offer any sugestions.

Sam

Tony
06-14-2004, 09:49 PM
Cherrie and I will be arriving mid-day Friday...count us in for a run up the river to Lake Huron. Hopefully one of the locals (Bill, Sam?) will be able to point out Kid Rock's crib!

On another note, is the lake level up significantly?

Sam
06-15-2004, 07:54 PM
Tony the water is up a solid 10" or so.

Sam

Sea Biscuit
06-17-2004, 06:39 AM
Madcows, anyone need a room at the Harmony Motel?

KRAVEN
06-17-2004, 05:45 PM
When there is a final agenda,Liz and I will post flyers at the local pups on Harsen's Island.We are looking forward to seeing everyone again. :D

roadtrip se
06-28-2004, 09:01 AM
Here is who I show confirmed!

Sam Pilato
Bill Stephenson
Brad Lyon
Jamie Root
Randy Oak
Jerry Eisele
Jim Best
Byron Scholle
Tony Sporer
Bill Kalinowski
Chris "Freeplay"
Chuck Smith
Lenny Green
Richard "Tux"
Scott Boldt
Joe Banach
Mike "Goatee"
Jeff Dykema
Dale McPherson

Please post if I missed you...

roadtrip se
06-28-2004, 09:26 AM
Friday

Looks like we have a few folks coming in on Friday morning, so I thought we would give them a chance to get their boats in the water and cruise with us in the afternoon.

1:00 Meet at Buoy directly off of Fairhaven DNR launch ramp.
Head for the North Channel, the St. Clair River, and Port Huron to the Blue Water Bridge.

4:00 Pitstop at the Quay Brew Pub on the Black River in Port Huron for a snack and a brew.

6:00 Back to Fair Haven.

Saturday

10:00 Meet at Buoy directly off of Fairhaven DNR launch ramp.
Cruise the North, South, and Middle Channels. Great views of the lake estates of Kid Rock, Kraven, and Sam Pilato. See how the other half lives.

12:00 Lunch stop at Browns on the Middle Channel. Great wings, burgers, and brews with a water view.

2:00 Head up the Middle Channel to Muscamoot Bay for a raft off. BYOA. Bring Your Own Anchor. Until you have seen this, there really isn't a fair description. Kind of like Mardi Gras on the water.

5:00 Back to Fairhaven

7:00 Barbeque at the Harmony

Bill Stephenson, Sam Pilato, Bill Kalinowski, and others who will be around the lake over the July 4th holiday, I have made this up into a flyer that can be posted around the various marinas and restraunts. Thanks for helping to get the word out to those who don't frequent the Donzi.net!

Hotboat
06-28-2004, 02:51 PM
Dale & Donna McPherson We will be flying in on Thursday. See you guys there.

Jabes
06-29-2004, 06:32 AM
Very good friends of mine just purchased the Tashmoo Party/Gas store. They sell gas, beer, groceries, excellent pizza, subs, ice cream, and much more. They also have a very large deck with picnic tables along with plenty of docking. I give them all of my business, and they and I would appreciate all of you giving them your business also. It is located on the South Channel about 100 yards up stream from the Idle Hour Yacht Club. Its very close to Muskamoot Bay, and also close to the freighter channel, where jumping wakes is probably the best on the lake. They have a big red baloon flying above the store which can be seen for miles. Harsens Island locals really appreciate your support. Plus the girls that work there are hot! :beer:
Thanks Donzi Owners
Joe Banach

roadtrip se
07-01-2004, 04:21 PM
Here is a link

http://www.lakestclair.net/charts/lsc_full_chart.htm

Fairhaven and the Harmony are in Upper Anchor Bay at the top of the chart.

Todd

Ranman
07-01-2004, 05:15 PM
Here are a couple of screenshots of my Bluecharts detailing the area of the Harmony and the launch ramp. Disregard the purple lines as they are my routes. If anyone using a garmin GPS wants a .mps file of my routes and waypoints, just say the word.

Lenny
07-01-2004, 05:39 PM
I am there, with Deneen, and an X-18 that I hope to keep together at least for a full weekend.

See ya :D

Sam
07-02-2004, 08:54 AM
Way cool Lenny, I'll talk to the weather gods to make sure it's sunny, warm with light winds. Then again it's never helped much in the past. You better come prepared (LOL), let me know if you have any questions.

Sam
:wavey:

KRAVEN
07-07-2004, 08:43 PM
I spoke to Keith over the weekend,He is a member of the Belvidere Boat Club.They are holding there Poker Run on Saturday and we are invited to join in.$15.00 per hand which includes dinner and additional hands are $10.00.It is aprox.20 min.from the Harmony Motel and we are invited to party thru the evening.Keith is willing to escort all who are unfamilar on the return trip.If anyone is intrested let me know and I will take care of registration. :rlol: It is run on the North Channel and adjoining water ways and speeds will vary from BALLS Out to NO WAKE.
KRAVEN MOREHEAD

Sam
07-08-2004, 01:19 PM
Bill, if my motor is back together by then I would like to see if I can make it. Do have Keith's e-mail or phone, I seem to have missplaced it.

Sam

gold-n-rod
07-08-2004, 10:33 PM
Hey MADCOWS!

I have the entire weekend penciled into my calendar. I will be driving over (from E. Lansing) for some or all of the festivities. I am coming without boat, spouse or offspring. I am hoping to get some seat time in with a willing captain. I am fearless enough to ride shotgun, but fearful enough to hang on. If you are willing to let me operate (I especially want to experience an 18 and a 22 footer) I will refrain from swilling beers until afterward. I am not afraid to buy, either!!!!! :beer:

If you think you have room for a rider at some time during the weekend, please reply or PM me with the specifics. As mentioned above, I am flexible with time..... just say when and where!!!

another Randy, pumped and ready to ride

boldts
07-09-2004, 12:33 PM
Was wondering if someone could tell me the planned leave time from Harmony in the mornings? I should know better, but needed to wait to make reservations. Anyhow, I'm staying at an Extendedstay in Roseville off of I-94. ($50 a night) Arriving Friday morning and would very much like to be a part of the ride to Huron.

I may be bringing a Donzi, unfortunately, it's not mine. I'd like to pay for someone's, who has an extra seat, gas for the weekend if possible.

Looking forward to meeting both new and old friends. Most of all, seeing and hearing Donzi boats again. Everyone have a safe trip!

baddassbaron
07-09-2004, 12:37 PM
This could get interesting as I believe Sunsation rally is the same weekend.
What is complete itinerary?

gold-n-rod
07-09-2004, 08:49 PM
Hey MADCOWS!

I have the entire weekend penciled into my calendar. I will be driving over (from E. Lansing) for some or all of the festivities. I am coming without boat, spouse or offspring. I am hoping to get some seat time in with a willing captain. I am fearless enough to ride shotgun, but fearful enough to hang on. If you are willing to let me operate (I especially want to experience an 18 and a 22 footer) I will refrain from swilling beers until afterward. I am not afraid to buy, either!!!!! :beer:

If you think you have room for a rider at some time during the weekend, please reply or PM me with the specifics. As mentioned above, I am flexible with time..... just say when and where!!!

another Randy, pumped and ready to ride

Nobody??? :frown:

another Randy

TuxedoPk
07-09-2004, 09:48 PM
It looks like I'm going to fly in rather than tow. Is anyone near the airport or flying in wanting to share a ride?

gold-n-rod
07-09-2004, 09:56 PM
When are you coming in? I might be able to come to Detroit Metro and pick you up when you arrive. and we could head over to where the action is. Where are you staying? You would have to make other arrangements to get back, however.

Keep me posted.

another Randy

TuxedoPk
07-10-2004, 10:02 AM
Randy, I haven't made my flight arrangements yet. Thanks for the offer. Give me a call at 201-934-6197 and let me know when the best time for me to arrive will be and I'll schedule my flight to match it.

gold-n-rod
07-11-2004, 08:01 PM
Randy, I haven't made my flight arrangements yet. Thanks for the offer. Give me a call at 201-934-6197 and let me know when the best time for me to arrive will be and I'll schedule my flight to match it.

You'll want to look at Plan B, I'm afraid. I spent all weekend working on my boat and she's still not seaworthy. I think I'll be having to forgo the MADCOW event and keep working to get it done.

Your best bet, unless you get another offer, is to rent a car for the weekend. Weekend rates are dirt cheap (non-business) and then you aren't at anyone's mercy. It's about an hour from Detroit Metro to the Lake St. Clair area.

Hope that helps and sorry to get your hopes up. Have a great time in Michigan.

another Randy

roadtrip se
07-11-2004, 10:28 PM
This thread has a loose agenda...

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=35531

Gold-n-rod.. I was out of town this weekend, but lets just say that there are plenty of seats out there for those who are brave. A little seat time might be the inspiration you need to finish your project!

As for the Sunsation Rally, fantastic! It's a big lake and there is plenty of room for everybody! May have to go chase a few just for giggles! :shocking: :shocking: :shocking:

Todd
"Fine tuner of props, tabs, and other asundries in search of that final terminal velocity!"

notdaddys
07-12-2004, 09:07 AM
Count me in as well... I hope I can keep up with you guys. Being a newbie and mine only goes 50 tops on a good day, it might be tough. Won't need a hotel, as I will just be trailering it. Definately looking forward to meeting you guys. So look for the donzi full of girls. :)

Tami

olredalert
07-12-2004, 10:59 AM
Tami,

------Was that you Randy and I met out at the gaunlet Sat afternoon? I was the seriously confused (read overserved) old guy! Dont worry about the newbie status as you will be having too much fun to notice. Ill be the one who slinks off to bed early. Gettin old is a bitch..............Bill S

Ranman
07-12-2004, 12:28 PM
Yeah. That was her. I managed to make my way down the gauntlet on Sunday afternoon (after seeing you, Jan and guest) and hopped aboard Tami's boat for a few minutes. Maybe the picture will surface... :cool: A very interesting Donzi indeed, a 98 stepped hull non-ZX baot. Glad to see her posting here. Don't worry Tami, no-one is going to lose a Donzi full of girls during the event. :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

This weekend is the Gold Cup Thunderfest on the Detroit River and then the following weekend will be the MADCOW event.

Brad Lyon
07-12-2004, 04:42 PM
I'll be right with you Tami. According to Randy's GPS on Lake Cumberland my boat will max out at 56.4 MPH. Personally, I don't like running it full throttle all of the time, with my luck something will brake and it won't be cheap to fix either!

Brad

roadtrip se
07-13-2004, 11:08 AM
Rootsy,

As the recovering victim of a year's worth of drive issues,
"I feel your pain!" Last weekend is the first time I have really run out the SE in quite some time!

But, the Cruise just isn't going to be the same without the world's fastest 16 Classic in our midst. As the Cable Guy says,
"Get er done!" and get on over to St Clair!

Todd

Jerry Eisele
07-13-2004, 06:47 PM
Rootsy,
I have the Alpha off the 18', if you want to run it on Sat. I'll bring it up with me. Let Donzi Girl know.

boldts
07-14-2004, 11:33 AM
Jamie, sorry couldn't help it, but you know leaving tools in the piece your working on can't be a good thing! Painting it black to match the peice is a good thought, but that Snap-on wrench should be in the tool box, not the outdrive. If a plastic surgon does it, it can cost him millions.

Sorry, just funning. At least you have one. Looking forward to hopefully seeing you again in a couple weeks.

tamburello
07-15-2004, 09:16 AM
Myself, my first mate, and my boatswain will be arriving sometime on Friday. We're looking forward to seeing everyone and checking out St. Clair.

- Jeff

roadtrip se
07-17-2004, 09:19 AM
The Gauntlet is in the middle.

Tie off somewhere outside, walk over, and soon realize that people in Michigan can party.

Todd
"Look for a couple of 18s right in the middle somewhere!"

roadtrip se
07-17-2004, 06:48 PM
Jill and I took a run out to Fairhaven today to talk to the folks at the hotel, check out the ramp, and take a gander at the approach to the channel into the hotel area.

It all looks great!

DIRECTIONS: Take 94 E out of Detroit. Exit at Route 29, aka 23rd street. Hotel is on the right side by Compass Marina and across from the Fairhaven post office.

HOTEL: Greg and Maggie are ready for us. The water in the channel looks good with several large boats tied off. Trailer parking shouldn't be an issue. You might want to bring a folding chair or two to sit on outside. They have one room available for any late comers!

LAUNCH: There is a DNR launch with protected launch facilities about one mile further up the road from the hotel on the right side. You will see a bait shop next to the ramp approach.

CHANNEL: As you launch, you will see a point with willow trees directly south. The channel for the Harmony is shared with several marinas. It is well marked with private bouys and comes out off shore due east. We saw several large boats coming out today. As you come in the channel, the Harmony hotel is on the second offshoot right. Greg says, if you see the gas station on the water, you have gone too far.

MEETING SPOT: The Fair Haven bouy on the chart is actually north of the channel entrance, but easily spotted coming out of the launch area.

CHARTS: Jill and I will have chart copies for folks. I highly recomend you bring a GPS and a VHF radio if you got em.

DINNER FRIDAY: Jill and I had a nice lunch at the TIN FISH today in Fairhaven. Nice waterfront place with tiki bar and great food. Any latecomers Friday, look for us there.

Lake looked great today. See you all soon!

Todd

Jabes
07-19-2004, 07:59 PM
Looking forward to meeting other Donzi owners, and showing out-of-towners how good we locals have it on St. Clair. Looking forward to seeing Bills re-powered baby blue Corsican. Spent some zero gravity time in that boat many years ago. See you all Saturday at Browns!
Joe

Red '85
22 383 Stroker

Ranman
07-20-2004, 08:14 AM
Red '85
22 383 Stroker

Now I know who you are. I've seen you out there a couple of times. One afternoon You were heading down the S. Channel towards Gull when I pulled out behind you (white 18 w/ red stripe). Roadtrip was out that day and he has a red 22 also. I though you were him so I proceeded to chase you down. We ended up running along sided you for a minute or two and then headed over to Gull. See you rhis weekend.

Jabes
07-20-2004, 04:02 PM
I waved, as I do all Donzis. Do you know Tyler? Orange 18 named "my sweetie". I only met him once, but have seen him at Browns many times before. Only once so far this year, but I'm sure that will change. Who has the big green ZX which seems to be one of the loudest boats on the lake? I see it on the Middle from time to time. Anyway, looking forward to meeting everyone. :beer:
Joe

TuxedoPk
07-20-2004, 07:12 PM
Waited too long to make my reservation and was just told the Harmony is fully booked. Anyone have a room reserved they won't be needing? Suggestions for an alternate hotel?

KRAVEN
07-20-2004, 09:20 PM
If anyone plans on staying for Sunday Liz and I will gladly offer our cottage for Afternoon food.Let us know who is intrested so we can start preparing.If anyone needs a place to stay for the weekend we have space available.We are on the Middle Channel aprox.20min.from the Harmony.Home phone 734-397-3745 or cottage 810-748-3652.We will be on the island by 5pm.Friday.there is a boat lauch on the island 1 mile up stream for those looking for a launch site.
Bill and Liz :wavey:
P.S. Don't forget poker run Belevider Boat Club Saturday.$15.00per hand which includes dinner Saturday Night and additional hands available for $10.00. :rlol:

boldts
07-21-2004, 09:05 AM
Tux,

Call Harmony right away.

"Some circumstances have come up that will prevent Donna & I from attending the meet. Sorry, I was really looking forward to it. Now to cancel airfare. PS. There should be a room available at the Harmony."

roadtrip se
07-21-2004, 10:30 AM
and the wind could be howling on Friday and Saturday.
Great temps, low humidity, and no clouds; but a north wind could make things interesting!

Of course, I hold ZERO percent confidence in the local weather forecasts at this juncture!

Plan B will be to stay off the main lake and launch on the river at Algonac, Marine City, or St. Clair township. The river can be bumpy, but at least it won't be throwing water into the cockpit.

We will meet at the Fairhaven launch at around noon on Friday and make the call then.

Todd
"I got to get me a ZR, Nemo is calling me out!"

goatee
07-21-2004, 10:34 PM
i cannot believe this is working!! AND im posting!!!
man this feels good.
I HAVE MY PC BACK
and i didnt even do anything. idunno

jamie, try to remember my video tape. the 8mm one you posted the lake st. clair run on this site with. remember? you posted it on this site , so you had to of had the tape.
brendens second b-day is on there and whatever else.

randy, remind him. last time he said he didnt have it.

wheres everyone on sat? i'll catch up with you all then on my cousins boat.
who even knows if this thing is going to last? i have no idea if it will, i have no idea how come its working now, but, who cares? 586 260-1213
rt, give me a call or anyone else for that matter, if you on land,,, maybe we can hook up for dinner or what ever you guys got going on.

whooo hoooo im back baby!!
p.s. kelly and i broke up yesterday
i know , it sucks

Sam
07-21-2004, 10:53 PM
Jabes, my 16 is down for the count but not for long. The next time you see a pale yellow Key West with a Yamaha on the back stop. I cant catch you in that one but once the 16 is back on the water.............well that's a differnet story. I've seen you several times but just haven't been able to get your attention. My place is on the N.Channel right before you start making the turn for the Mid Channel.

Sam :wink:

TuxedoPk
07-21-2004, 11:53 PM
Tux,

Call Harmony right away.

"Some circumstances have come up that will prevent Donna & I from attending the meet. Sorry, I was really looking forward to it. Now to cancel airfare. PS. There should be a room available at the Harmony."

Scott, Thanks for the tip.. just called and left my number for a call back... Kraven, thanks again for your offer... I'll let you know tomorrow if I'm able to get a room at the inn or whether I'll be at the cottage:)

Q. What time are people leaving on Sunday? I'm trying to pick the best return flight.. luckilly they have slots all day/night

Jabes
07-22-2004, 08:22 AM
Jabes, my 16 is down for the count but not for long. The next time you see a pale yellow Key West with a Yamaha on the back stop. I cant catch you in that one but once the 16 is back on the water.............well that's a differnet story. I've seen you several times but just haven't been able to get your attention. My place is on the N.Channel right before you start making the turn for the Mid Channel.

Sam :wink:

Hey Sam.
I keep the boat on a rack at Sassy, but I spend most of my time at my friends island on the Middle or at some other friends next to the Idle Hour. They just bought the Tashmoo party/gas right there also. The island on the Middle is a white house with a green roof, across and up the channel about a quarter mile from the Clinton River Yacht Club. You may also see me on a beat up '91 Yamaha stand-up with Donzi stickers on it :pimp: . I keep it at the Island. I was shooting for 10AM Saturday, but I highly doubt I can get chicks out of bed that early, so I'll see you at Browns at noon. Looks like good weather, which usually follows me everywhere I go.
See you at the lake!
Joe

TuxedoPk
07-22-2004, 03:02 PM
I tried calling the Harmony last night, this morning, and this afternoon. All I get is the recording with nobody answering the phone or returning calls when I tell them it's for the Donzi Group. Anyone have a way to get in touch? I'm trying to get Bolts room.

Thanks.

Brad Lyon
07-22-2004, 03:18 PM
I have been trying to get through to them as well! I want to confirm that the reservation I made on January 21 is still on their books, room 101. I sure hope they will be there tomorrow! It is not very comforting that they will not answer their phone or call you back, and I am a local call.

Brad

TuxedoPk
07-22-2004, 03:54 PM
I just got a call; Bolt's room was sold but one of their 'permanent' renters just moved out and I've got her room. There is another long term renter who might move out tonight as well... bumping me up from parking lot view to water view. Please make sure your wash your cars before traveling as I will be overolooking it :)

Kraven- Thanks again for your offer.

Brad Lyon
07-22-2004, 05:11 PM
I got a call back as well. They also moved me, to the water side, room 118. I am looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. If anyone needs a hand with anything let me know, I took tomorrow off as a vacation day and I won't be able to sleep in......

Brad

Jabes
07-22-2004, 07:19 PM
I stay at my best friends island on the Middle Channel about a mile down stream from Browns. I may be able to make room for a few, as long as night boating and excessive late night drinking are OK with you. I will be out there tomorrow evening to cut the grass, open the cottage up, etc. So don't not come out to the lake cuz you don't have a room, everything always works out. Always. :beer:
Word to all. Fair Haven is shallow, so don't wreck your ****. :banghead:
Call if you need a SWEET place to sleep.
Joe

Jabes
07-22-2004, 07:30 PM
By the way, a good friend of mine who is a professional photographer will be with me on Saturday. So if anyone wants poster quality photographs of their boat, he will take them, and print them Saturday after Browns on the way to Muskamoot. Not sure what he charges, but I'm sure it will be under $20 each and they will be well worth it. I will buy one for someone if they let my buddy ride in their boat to get a close up shot of my boat cruising. I would also like to get a sweet photograph of all or most of the Donzis cruising or at idle on the middle near the mouth.
See everyone Saturday! :yes:

KRAVEN
07-22-2004, 09:15 PM
Looking forward to seeing everyone Sat.am.I will be on the island 3pm.Friday took a half day off.Liz and I are offering a cookout Sunday for those who will remain.The weather forcast is looking great,so I guess I will have to get the boat ready Friday pm.If anyone needs assistant call 810-748-3652.
:wavey:

ITTLFLI
07-23-2004, 07:22 AM
Scott and I are leaving cincy now!! See you all in 5 hours!!!

Lenny
07-24-2004, 06:01 PM
Its' 92 here, not a breeze, you guys are out on the Lake and I am chainsawing 4 Fir trees... :rolleyes: ...something doesn't make sense here. :(

BLACKIE
07-24-2004, 07:00 PM
I could not make the MADCOW outing today :banghead: but I was able to fly over the lake at approx. 1:00pm today (Saturday) and I saw what looked like 10 to 15 small boats that looked a lot like Donzis beached in a half circle on the east shore of gull island. I circled around twice at 3,500 feet. Was that the Donzi group? I didn't have my camera with me in the aircraft, too bad it would have made a great picture. Hope you all had a great time....... :D :D

olredalert
07-24-2004, 10:56 PM
---------What a great time! I really want to thank both Jill and Todd S for making the cookout such a standout and for getting us all together and motivated! You Texans are something else. To those who missed the cookout ;HEY!!!! YOU MISSED THE COOKOUT!!!!!.............Bill+Jan S

Brad Lyon
07-25-2004, 04:05 PM
YEA! What Bill said.... What a great time. Those of you who didn't come out because you boat was broke there were plenty of seats available, besides it's about the people. You missed a great time. Pictures to follow.

Brad

boldts
07-25-2004, 06:41 PM
Just got home and everything put away. What a great weekend! Just what I needed...... Donzi friends, Donzi boats, great food and I can officially say I've been on Lake Huron now.

On the way home, I stopped at Metro Beach hunting Sunsations. We didn't see but a few on the lake Saturday, so I thought I'd investigate their gathering to see where they were. I also like to talk to and see how others get their boat groups together.

I found them there and it was reported that they had 65 Sunsation boats there with the longest tow going to an owner from California. Has I walked the docks, there were many sore boat owners talking about the very same ruff water we tackled with our smaller Donzi boats. They did 2 runs. First to a fancy resturaunt for lunch on Saturday and then those who want to continue went for a longer cruise down into Detroit. BTW, like us, they also allow other boat makes cruise with them. There was one very long Outer Limits at the docks. Looked like a tiger with the graphics on the boat. Pictures to follow.

I'd like to thank those I rode with this weekend which included Brad Lyon & the Somervilles. Todd and Jill did a wonderful job not only with our Saturday barbecue, but with the planning of this gathering. There were Michigan Donzi boats and owners coming out of the woodwork. The docks at Browns on Saturday were overwelmed with Donzi boats including a red Donzi baby, a Criterion SS, a Blackhawk with the gold trim along with a number of Classics. The 24' ElPescador always draws a crowd and another crowd favorite was a 2004 22 Classic sporting matching hull color red interior. Some of the fastest 18 Classics I've had the pleasure of seeing here in the Midwest were at the gathering. That 14' baby had a 6 cylinder with thru hull exhaust and external hydraulic steering. I got to see the owner get on her once and believe me, that hydraulic steering is on the boat for a reason. That little Donzi flew!

Jamie Roots and Sam Piloto. Not sure what happened to you guys this weekend. I know you've had boat issues, but I hoped to have the opportunity to see you both again. It just isn't a Michigan gathering without you guys. Hope all is well with you both!

Including the Sunsation roll of film, I've got 4 rolls to get developed. I'll post them as soon as possible.

BUIZILLA
07-25-2004, 06:50 PM
a red Donzi baby, a Criterion SS,
:boggled: :eek: :eek: :eek: :pimp:

goatee
07-25-2004, 11:28 PM
you guys made my summer! thank you one and all!!!!

to all who did'nt make it: i dont know what to tell ya.
next time todd and jill say they are having a cook out though,
i'd cancel any plans to make it!!!!!!

it's been said, "it's a crack house for drinkers with a boating problem, and there's no cure".

there may be no cure... but you guys have the quick fix.

almost certain i'll have one by spring. then i'll be giving rides!

thanks again everyone!

TuxedoPk
07-26-2004, 12:19 AM
Scott- I remember it as a black Criterion II not an SS. Are you referrring to the same Criterion at Browns or did I miss one.

The interior on this Criterion was in amazing condition.

Brad Lyon
07-26-2004, 07:33 AM
Rich,

Apparently it is a Criterion SS. Madpoodle and I have been emailing each other and from what he said it is a Criterion SS not a Criterion II, and I'm sure Scott has forgotten more about Donzi's than I will ever know.

Brad

boldts
07-26-2004, 10:06 AM
Tux,

Black with Silver stripe Criterion is an SS. Come on man, we honored the boats at AOTH this year. You think I haven't done a little research on them? :biggrin:

Supposedly, there is another all black Criterion up in Michigan some where. Trumbrello has seen it, but not met the owner yet.

The one at Browns was complete with calculator on the dash for figuring your time to arrive and speed? It was all there and I sure hope the pictures turn out.

BTW..... For those of you wanting to track the owner down and make him some ungodly offer for the boat. The owner has had many offers. Just about everytime he is at the launch ramp someone comes up and asks if he'd like to sell the boat. Answer has always been NO and rumor has it that a certain MI Donzi owner has first dibs on it. Of course that same owner was seen riding in a baby 14 also during the weekend. :)

notdaddys
07-26-2004, 10:06 AM
Hi everyone!!

It was so great getting to meet everyone. I'm really bummed I didn't get to go to the bbq afterwards. The bachelorette party was alright, nothing to write home about. It was cool seeing all of those quick little boats, and had to admit, I'm a bit jealous that mine is as pokey as it is. Oh well, maybe one day, I'll have some extra cash laying around, and will throw a 502 in there. HA! Although, I should probably take baby steps. Elizabeth was telling me about the Cumberland gathering thats in May, I'll definately have to investigate attending that next year.

I ended up going out to Muskamoot on Sunday. The sun didn't decide to make an appearance til about 4ish, I got there about 1:30ish. There was a good 80-90 boats lined up, I expected to see one or two of you guys out there, but didn't spot anyone. I actually dropped my boat in right next to another Donzi. Didn't talk to them though. Then when I got to Muskamoot, I ended up tieing up to him. It was a 1989 21' Regazza. The kid details boats, and I guess when he bought it, it was a mess. The thing was perfect looking. It looked ALOT newer than '89. I told him he missed out on a good time Saturday.

Anyway, I'm a little annoyed I didn't take hardly any pics. The ones I did get is a good group shot of some of us. Looking forward to seeing those great shots that Brad took.

If any of you guys are ever out at Muskamoot, just look for me. I'm always in the line. I'll try to keep beer stocked for my guests. Feel free to hang out on the boat, even if i'm out socializing.

Tami

DonziChick
07-26-2004, 10:23 AM
I had a great time as well! Thanks to Randy who helped tow me in and gave me a ride for the rest of Saturday since I seem to have such bad luck with SS drives (this makes 2... though I only sucked up sea weed in this one). Also, thanks to Todd and Jill for having a great dinner for us on Saturday night. I know it was a lot of work!

I know there are more pictures out there though... Post em! (for those of us that continually forget to use our camera and/or dont have a digital one) :rolleyes:

ITTLFLI
07-26-2004, 12:05 PM
Tux,

Black with Silver stripe Criterion is an SS. Come on man, we honored the boats at AOTH this year. You think I haven't done a little research on them? :biggrin:

Supposedly, there is another all black Criterion up in Michigan some where. Trumbrello has seen it, but not met the owner yet.

The one at Browns was complete with calculator on the dash for figuring your time to arrive and speed? It was all there and I sure hope the pictures turn out.

BTW..... For those of you wanting to track the owner down and make him some ungodly offer for the boat. The owner has had many offers. Just about everytime he is at the launch ramp someone comes up and asks if he'd like to sell the boat. Answer has always been NO and rumor has it that a certain MI Donzi owner has first dibs on it. Of course that same owner was seen riding in a baby 14 also during the weekend. :)

Does someone have a pic of the dash. I recall that right next to the calculator, it had a plate that said "Criterion II". That is all I know!

TuxedoPk
07-26-2004, 02:40 PM
Tux,

Scott, I'm sure you've done quite a bit of research on the different Criterions. However, the Criterion II logo stamped from Donzi on the dash sure gave the appearance of the boat being a Criterion II. My eyes aren't as good as they once were, but I'm positive about the dash being labeled a Criterion II. Did SSs have that marking?

Jerry Eisele
07-26-2004, 04:38 PM
Thanks for a great weekend. A special thanks to Todd and Jill. What a super BBQ. Farmer Tex must have spent a lot of time on the phone coaching Todd on this one!! Just kidding!! I know how much work it takes and we all appreciate it. I can't thank Randy enough for helping Elizabeth and my Donzi back to Metro and then picking it up at the ramp "Thanks Randy". I do appreciate your efforts. We plan on coming next year if you all have it. The M.A.D.C.O.W. group are great hosts!!

Thanks again.

Ranman
07-26-2004, 04:59 PM
Thanks for a great weekend. A special thanks to Todd and Jill. What a super BBQ. Farmer Tex must have spent a lot of time on the phone coaching Todd on this one!! Just kidding!! I know how much work it takes and we all appreciate it. I can't thank Randy enough for helping Elizabeth and my Donzi back to Metro and then picking it up at the ramp "Thanks Randy". I do appreciate your efforts. We plan on coming next year if you all have it. The M.A.D.C.O.W. group are great hosts!!

Thanks again.

Jerry,

You're very welcome! I was glad to have you and Elizabeth aboard. Sorry again about those fenders. Did you ever figure out why the boat was getting hot? Kudos to the girl for catching the gauge before meltdown.

Ranman
07-26-2004, 05:04 PM
Hey Rich. I'm assuming you made your way through the crack houses and back onto the expressway to catch your flight in time? Jenn felt horrible for sending you up that ramp, she was trying to point out the sign that said "Metro Airport Follow 94 West".

Anyway, glad you made it home. thanks for all of your contributions over the weekend, they were generous. Have a good time at Winni and be sure to tell the Bandits that Rainman misses them all.

boldts
07-26-2004, 06:36 PM
Rich,

Hey, I was funnin with ya. Yes, I noticed when I rode in Poodle's Criterion at Cumberland that the dash says Criterion II. Confused me a bit, but the Criterion II is a solid deck with no opening in the front. Your eyes were not lying to you.

I don't know why they would put II instead of SS, but what a fantastic Criterion! I hope to see more of it at future gatherings.

tamburello
07-27-2004, 01:41 PM
We had a great time at the first official MADCOW event! A big thank you to Todd and Jill for hosting this event, putting in all the time and effort to make it the success that it was, and cookin' up an awesome barbeque on Saturday!

And I though that Lake Michigan could serve up the bumps, let me tell you that St. Clair can serve up the rough stuff just as well. A word to the wise - If calm protected waters are what you seek then go the opposite direction of Todd. :banghead: I didn't realize that to get to Brown's in the middle channel one has to go to the marker tower in the middle of the lake. :rolleyes:

It was great to hang out with some familiar faces that we have gotten to know at the past two AOTH gathering and of course it's always nice to meet some new people. The local donzi owners came out in force! That red 14 baby looked like it just came off the factory floor. Bill, that Fiat with the wicker interior would make the perfect tow vehicle for that red baby. 18s in every color, inluding orange, and a 22 Criterion SS to round out the fleet.

I think we found someone that can put up a good match against GEOO and his Mighty Mouse. GEOO meet Connie and her Eliminator Daytona. It's not a Donzi but that blower motor poking outta the top of the engine hatch makes it a welcome addition in my book. A 113 mph pass in Muskamoot bay? Not a problem. Kicking the &%% of a 40' Hustler Fiore race edition, with blower motors and sixes out back? Done deal. Scaring the *&%^ out of my crew when that cat's motor lights off six feet from our rafted boat, now that's priceless!

And of course the highlight of the trip, an event without which no trip to St. Clair would be complete. A ride right down the middle of the gauntlet in my 18 with the MADCOW party patrol providing my propulsion. Not just one pass but two passes to make sure we saw all the sights. I wish my side of the state knew kow to party half this well. Thanks for the tour of the Gauntlet!

I there's gonna be a second annual MADCOW event then sign me up 'cause I'll be there!

- Jeff :biggrin:

roadtrip se
07-27-2004, 03:44 PM
and sharing St. Clair with us...

To add to Rich's ramblings on another thread...

--Keith is everywhere and yet he isn't there...

--Best Keith quote when talking about the sheriff boat watching us, "I'm on the catch and release program with them!"

--Lamest excuse not to show award, "It's a little cool today."

--The Gauntlet at Muskamoot is awesome from above, thanks to NotDaddy's for a sweet party platform. Those of you who pulled Trambuello through, very cool!

--Tamburello can pull a pretty mean chair wheelie in the parking lot!

--Trooper awards go to Tony, Cherie, and Scott for riding in the SE and not asking me to slow down in the big stuff. I'm sure my perspective would be definitely different if I were riding in the back seat! By the way, there is always a seat for the boatless at a Donzi gathering, ask any of these folks if they had a good time!

--Big air awards go to Ranman, Carl and Air-Patti, and Trambuello. We all saw major air and lived to talk about it, although the hot tub sure felt good Sunday night.

--Carl will always have the cleanest Donzi at any event. Mequiar's stock goes up every time they see him coming and I thought I was a fanatic with my roadtrip detail kit.

--Thank God for the four blade!

--I have no idea how Byron's fiance, Jill, stays in the boat.

--The rare Donzi turnout at Brown's on Saturday is testament to the variety of cool boats in the area, the value of event posters, and how many people really don't care about the internet. And did I have a MADCOW t-shirt available for sale at Brown's? NO...doh!

Those of you heading to Winni, Rich has a stock of MADCOW t-shirts for sale. Thanks Rich!

--I did call FarmerTex on Saturday, before the bbq, and the Texas-style inspiration motivated us to a great meal. Thanks Scott and Brad for pitching in. Those of you who didn't show missed one great meal!

--Brad has a gorgeous digital camera, I just wonder if realizes how close he came to being run over while playing photo boat.

--Jan's Fiat Jolly gave our bbq at the Harmony a concourse feel. Heck of an entrance too. Any of you looking for really cool stainless license plates, contact Oleredalert!

--Elizabeth Eiesle is a class act and epitomizes the classic Donzi Girl as I see it. Her pop is pretty cool too, always talking about the next project boat.

So where do we go next year? I vote for Charlevoix and Torch Lake!

Thanks everybody for coming!

Todd and Jill

boldts
07-27-2004, 05:15 PM
--Trooper awards go to Tony, Cherie, and Scott for riding in the SE and not asking me to slow down in the big stuff. I'm sure my perspective would be definitely different if I were riding in the back seat! By the way, there is always a seat for the boatless at a Donzi gathering, ask any of these folks if they had a good time!

Found a big bruise on my right arm Monday morning. Can't even guess how I got that one since I was hanging on with the left hand. :confused:

Wouldn't have traded the rides for anything else in the world. There is nothing better than riding in a Donzi wether it be at 45 or 75 mph! Thru-hull or no thru-hull. Talk about some real troopers, my vote goes to the 18s and NotDaddys boat load. Tami can hang with the best of them! Sunsation may have had a big Outer Limits running with them, but Connie's Eliminator is a pretty tall order for anyone wanting to run. All I can say is you better bring all you got to the table!

Todd learned to take event t-shirts with him everywhere. I learned that I should get fliers posted by the end of the summer up there on StClair for next years AOTH on Cumberland. I'd love to have everyone of the Donzis I saw this weekend at Cumberland in May. Or maybe June? Already thinking about next year's dates.

Brad Lyon
07-27-2004, 08:19 PM
Todd,

It has been said many, many, times and it is very true, you and Jill did an awesome job setting up this event. If you don’t plan on doing it next year, whoever takes over will have some big shoes to fill. I like the idea of moving it around the state but do you think enough people will attend? So many are right around the Detroit area, especially the people that do not log onto donzi.net often. Torch Lake and Lake Charlevoix are great places and a great suggestion. However, something to keep in mind for Charlevoix, the lake can get as rough as the water gets under the Blue Water bridge. Those cruiser waves this weekend will look like waves from a Donzi. We used to go camping at Young State Park just outside of Boyne City on Lake Charlevoix every year. Also, those from out of state will need to bring some heavier clothes; it can get pretty cold there as well. One last thing, when do you think you will be finished eating left over grilled chicken, maybe by Christmas?

Brad

TuxedoPk
07-27-2004, 08:31 PM
Todd,
I like the idea of moving it around the state but do you think enough people will attend?

Also, those from out of state will need to bring some heavier clothes; it can get pretty cold there as well.

It seems to me that you'll get the same core of people attending both in-state and out reguardless of where you hold it and those who weenie out did so even when the event is local. Trying someplace new would be great, but I'd also be really happy coming back to St. Clair.

I'll second your comment about bringing heavy clothes. It got so cold that I broke down and wore a Detroit Hockey sweatshirt :shocking:

Jabes
07-28-2004, 09:36 PM
I'll be posting soon pics from Browns, and ripping down the Middle of just about everyones boat. Have great airborne pics of My Sweetie, Yellow Jacket, etc. Good meeeting everyone. Hey locals! What are you doing this weekend???? :yippie:

Ranman
07-28-2004, 11:31 PM
I'll be posting soon pics from Browns, and ripping down the Middle of just about everyones boat. Have great airborne pics of My Sweetie, Yellow Jacket, etc. Good meeeting everyone. Hey locals! What are you doing this weekend???? :yippie:

Most likely will be in Muskamootbay on Sunday. I normally anchor just outside of the east end ofthe gauntlet.

Brad Lyon
07-29-2004, 06:44 AM
Sorry it took so long to post some pictures but I have been really busy.

Brad

Brad Lyon
07-29-2004, 06:45 AM
More

Brad Lyon
07-29-2004, 06:47 AM
And more

notdaddys
07-29-2004, 07:53 AM

I'll be at Muskamoot, in the line as usual. Stop by and visit!

Tami :biggrin.:

DonziChick
07-29-2004, 12:32 PM
Brad,
Your pictures look great! What kind of camera do you have, megapixels, etc? I think the quality is very good. I wish you could have gotten some of me before I broke it! :(

Brad Lyon
07-29-2004, 12:50 PM
Elizabeth,

I have a Nikon D100. It is a 6.3 mega pixel camera. I shoot in RAW format in which each picture is 10MB and when I convert it into JPG format each picture is 34MB in size! Scrunching them down enough to post here is a real challenge but I think I finally got it figured out.

Brad

DonziChick
07-29-2004, 01:53 PM
No wonder they look so good!! :eek:

roadtrip se
07-29-2004, 04:54 PM
somebody better mount wings on those St.Clair Donzis!

Brad, Jill and I would be greatly appreciative if you could burn a CD with the pics you got of us. We still don't have a decent pic of our boat for framing purposes and we have had her going on four years!

Great work!

Todd

Jabes
07-29-2004, 07:55 PM
Unsuccessful.
Brad, How do you shrink these files? I think Ryans camera takes the same size files.
Thanks

Brad Lyon
07-29-2004, 08:36 PM
I created an action in Photoshop. Can you email me one picture and I will try it with my action and tweak it if needed and then send you the action. That is, if you have photoshop!

Brad

DonziChick
07-29-2004, 09:49 PM
Good news everyone! I didnt break the SS drive or burn up the impellar (sp?)

We got a little seaweed out of it. It was still over heating a bit so dad and i took it apart tonight, looked good, put it back together, put it in the river and it ran just fine

Itilfli's dad's donzi and ours were apparently the photo op for the river boat cruise as we went past them. It was dark enough to see all the camera flashes :D

Looks like we're good to go again with the 18! :yippie:

Jabes
07-30-2004, 07:54 AM
I do have photoshop 2.0, but I can't find the stretch/skew option. I just cropped this one.
Gotta love the mullet!
OK I re-sized it with MS picture viewer, but the quality level isn't there. Still a great pic.

Jabes
07-30-2004, 10:40 AM
Shoot me an original would ya, and I'll post the results. I can downsize and maintain quality for ya no problem...

PM me with your email address

notdaddys
07-30-2004, 01:14 PM
Most likely will be in Muskamootbay on Sunday. I normally anchor just outside of the east end ofthe gauntlet.

Hey Randy,

Could you burn me that cd with that software for the Garmin GPS with the way points around St. Clair? It would be much appreciated. You can just bring it with you on the boat, and if I see you out at Muskamoot I'll steal it from ya! I'll be out there both Saturday and Sunday and maybe I'll even get to meet the wifey this time. :)

Tami

Ranman
07-30-2004, 02:01 PM
I'll see what I can do...

RedDog
07-30-2004, 10:29 PM
Unsuccessful.
Brad, How do you shrink these files? I think Ryans camera takes the same size files.
Thanks

You can get a free, quick and eazy image resizer at Image Resizer - at least for JPEGs, BMPs, TIFFs - not sure about other formats

"This PowerToy enables you to resize one or many image files with a right-click. - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Tony
08-02-2004, 02:36 PM
Crazy Keith...stayed still long enough to snap this picture.

DonziChick
08-02-2004, 03:17 PM
Wow! Actual proof that he was around! You must have taken that picture fast :)

boldts
08-15-2004, 08:12 PM
Sorry to take so long to get them here. Didn't have a MADCOW heading under events, so I just added them under the main Events heading. Saw some interesting items at the Sunsation gathering on my way out of town along with a number of nice performance boats docked at the state park.

Really a fantastic weekend!