PDA

View Full Version : Drive shower OLD thread brought back to life!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
07-27-2001, 05:56 PM
Well the drive shower www.driveshowers.com (http://www.driveshowers.com) came today, 15 minutes later done, and 10 of that was triple checking the drill hole measurements!

Put the 23 Mirage P back on, I like the bravo one MUCH better. 23MP cavitated bad etc. The BravoI seems to be the best all around prop for my 22ZX setup.
Bryan.

roadtrip se
07-27-2001, 11:28 PM
Okay next steps include a 502MPI or maybe a 500HP attached to a Bravo and then you will never ever talk about getting rid of that fine ride again. Glad to hear you are back on the water. Looking like the 16th is my next window in Norfolk. Let you know when I get it firmed up. todd

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
07-28-2001, 07:58 AM
I wish, 502 and Bravo. But I love my rig, so far between warranty and insurance it has most stuff brand new, fairing, seats, window, stereo, speakers, 3 drives etc etc.... so I am staying in it for sure until I decide on my retirement year, I have 20 years now so we are discussing 2003, if I stay in and deploy again we will then upgrade.

We look forward to seeing you around the 16th, Forrest is coming to town the 3rd and the FAMOUS Bolts Family on the 10th.
Bryan

Forrest
07-28-2001, 12:18 PM
. . . but I will be there through the 10th or 11th with the X-18.

boldts
07-28-2001, 01:55 PM
The 10th looks like a go for me and my family. Bryan, I know you have a driver's meeting at 4:30 PM on Friday for the poker run you are running in on Saturday. I would think it would be finished by 5:30 - 6:00. Why don't we all get together at a local resturant for dinner rather than you and Nancy going to any trouble and making a mess at your home. Run it by Bob, Rick and the rest of the gang. I'll take another look at the map and roads that MapQuest has suggested this weekend and get with you before we leave on Friday the 3rd. :)

Shanghied Again
07-28-2001, 02:55 PM
Bryan. You should have told me you needed a Bravo 1. I have a 22Pitch in the attic from my boat before the Procharger. Are you going to Jackson Marine poker Run? We will be down late Friday night. Staying at the Crystal Inn. Scot Pearson is coming down also with his sweet looking 18

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
07-28-2001, 06:55 PM
Forrest, dates are locked in at our house, we hope to see you a bunch.....

Scott, your call, but as ROADTRIP has testified, momma's cooking is awesome plus it will be a great break for your Allison... Think it over...

Frank, I have a Bravo I, that is what I run, but the OSO crowd keeps telling me it is too much prop, so I tried some others, the 24 Bravo I is the best prop for my set up, you know me, read, try and then make my own decision.

Read my next post, it will be called IDIOTS.
Bryan

RickSE
07-30-2001, 10:14 AM
Bryan,
I talked to one of the Merc. guys at the conference about using a Bravo-1 prop on the Alpha. He stated it should not be a problem but also admitted he has not worked with the Alpha drive much. I also talked to Lee G. at Donzi. Sounds like you've already talked to him since he was familar with your situation. Not sure how much you've talked, but he certainly feels the Bravo-1 prop is not a factor in your drive failures. Lee is very knowelagble, I've talked to him several times over the past few years and would tend to believe his information.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
07-30-2001, 10:53 AM
RickS, thanks for the data. Like I said the boat performs best all around with the 4 blade. I sure hope I have just had a case of bad luck this year. Thank goodness for warrantys and insurance.
Saturday I kept 400 to 600 RPM in my pocket at all times and we still had a blast.
Thanks
Bryan

Scubado
08-01-2001, 10:33 AM
Bryan,

Glad to hear you have you boat in the water again. Did you notice any change in regards to cavitation after you installed the drive shower? I have heard that they sometime increase cavitation.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-01-2001, 10:59 AM
Nope, she ran great and now when I stop there is no little burst of steam, I can tell the temp difference by touch of hand also. I read a stat on one site that said Alpha's were the second hotest running drive and Bravo's were the coolest.

I am happy with my $119 invested in it, very very easy to put on.
Bryan

Scubado
08-01-2001, 03:25 PM
Bryan,

Thanks for the report on the drive shower. Sounds like worthwhile insurance.

I am running the 24P Bravo-I and it works great except for skiing, it's really slow to plane with a load of people and a skiier. My prop guy set me up with a 21P prop and it works great. Excellent hole shot and still I get a top speed in the low 60's. Do you use another prop for skiing etc?? I origionaly had the Bravo-I 22P it it didn't perform well at all...

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-01-2001, 08:15 PM
Hey Scub, with skiers 150 to 200LBS I just drop the tabs two clicks and go full throttle until I plane and ease off. We have had no problems, when you get a big dude back there I still get him up after a few tries.
Bryan

Moody Blu'
08-01-2001, 08:33 PM
umm what is a drive shower?

Moody Blu'
08-01-2001, 08:38 PM
oh I see for drives that overheat. do volvo drives run hot?

Digger
02-28-2002, 02:05 PM
did a search for drive showers and came up with this thread. I just installed drive showers and will feel better knowing they are there. Seems to me after doing the research that everyone should have these installed...just seems like a no-brainer, particularly since they have no moving parts, should last for years, and cost nothing to operate. Anyway, with the explosive growth of this board I just thought I would keep the thread going for anyone who wasn't familiar.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
02-28-2002, 03:07 PM
DIGGER, thanks for taking me back to last July...
LOL

I haven't bought one for the new boat yet, just need to call them since I have the Laythem set up and the install will be slightly different....

What events do you plan to do this year?
Bryan

Digger
02-28-2002, 04:13 PM
here is my A-list

--AOTH II
--Lake Winni poker run
--Thunder on the Bay

possibly Smith Mtn Lake? others?...

...all depends on the (work) travel schedule

mattyboy
02-28-2002, 04:35 PM
moody good to hear from you,
volvo's just RUN wink
wow that the first sign of senilty, wasn't paying attention to the dates on the posts, this giving up beer thing for lent is not working out like i planned eek! eek!

Matt
giving myself a shake to get back in the game!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
02-28-2002, 05:58 PM
Digger, great talking to ya today. Odd talking to someone senior to me! LOL
The possible convoy out of VA sounds great!

Don't wait to long on the SML Poker Run.
Also there is the Richmond Run, it is hosted by our buds in the RPBA. Run from Richmond here in the Tidewater area, overnight at the Raddison and return the next day, $250 for the PR.

Talk to ya soon.

MattyBoy, give up beer? Wow! I will think of you in a moment! Born on Dating you know! BUD!
Bryan