PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for a meet up in naples fl.

need for speed
12-05-2003, 04:18 PM
Just a idea to think about , we could plan a meet in naples, I live here and there is some great boating here. There is a very nice Comfort Inn Hotel right down town with lots of floating docks.I can get use trailer parking a few blocks away. Maybe some of you are up for a meet or some kind in the new year?

Speed-Racer
12-05-2003, 07:53 PM
:cool: Sounds like an awesome idea...at least the Florida boys would proably be up for it...However the Miami International Boat Show is in Febuary, and Mt. Dora Show in March, some of us attend both of those events. April would be a month to look at or even May....we never seem have an events durning those months.

Just throwing the ideas around....

smokediver
12-07-2003, 02:28 PM
hey , i live in naples too ! I have access to a fenced in yard .. can hold a few boats for the weekend ... i have space in the house for a few people ... let me know ..

Last Tango
12-07-2003, 07:00 PM
Sounds very interesting to me! I'd love to boat Naples! I have stayed at the Cove Inn several times and enjoyed it, but as a car guy, not a boater. Would that be someplace we could or would consider? I have absolutely no preference on this. I was just curious. Maybe I'll call the Collier Museum and see if they have any activities planned that I could get us invited to, as well. I love Naples AFTER the winter crush is over!
Smokediver, I'd also rather do the bunking at your place if there is room. A SEADOG sleepover? LOL

smokediver
12-07-2003, 07:25 PM
winter boating here is pretty decent . there is a good north and south run. north could be a sunday brunch run up to chadwicks on captiva south seas plantation .. or the sanibel sonnesta ... both pretty neat places ... south could be to keewadin island then to the snook inn or stans on goodland .. 5th ave downtown is fun for things to do on land .. there are 2 ramps for the south run and one for the north ... as far as places to stay are concerned .... i have a spare bedroom and den ... and the living room couch and floor space ... doesnt matter to me ! I am living in a high dollar community (pelican marsh ) , no , i didnt hit the lotto ... just watching over the place .... so we would have to be kinda quiet ! but who ever wants to come is welcome !

need for speed
12-07-2003, 10:53 PM
Yeah sounds good i am very good friends with a marina right in down town so i can get us dock space no problem and they have fuel.

need for speed
12-07-2003, 10:55 PM
Cove inn is ok , comfort inn has better docks floating..both down town

bverd
12-10-2003, 09:28 AM
need for speed - TangoAmy and I are coming down to Naples for the holidays. You wanna hook up for a lunch or a drink sometime. We will be sans boat, but will also be looking for excuses to get out of TangoAmy's folks place.

--bverd

need for speed
12-10-2003, 05:50 PM
bverd

Sure that would be a lot of fun. Let me know when and we can meet up or go out in my donzi.
Need for Speed