PDA

View Full Version : AOTH 4

Sea Biscuit
11-11-2003, 07:08 AM
Registered,got a room and a slip the Sea Bisuit is pointed south. I did not see a registration fee however.

Brad Lyon
11-11-2003, 10:06 AM
I have a two bedroom cabin reserved for Wednesday night to Sunday morning. Kim is trying to get enough couples together to rent a six cabin house boat, but they can not tell us how much it will cost until February.

Scott Boldts, you may want to put a link somewhere so everyone can register.

Brad

Sea Biscuit
11-11-2003, 11:25 AM
Look closely,the AOTH 4 registration form is there
T-shirt sizes and all.

boldts
11-11-2003, 03:16 PM
Hi everyone. Sorry, but I really haven't had a lot of time to get everything on the website updated yet. Lee, NO registration fee and trying to keep it that way. You all spend a good amount of your hard earned dollars just to attend. If we plan a dinner for Saturday night, we will ask for that dinner money in advance, but nothing has been decided yet. Brad, I like the houseboat share and Beth, Allison and I may be interested. We usually wait until we get the income tax money back before making our reservations though. I haven't put together an AOTH IV registration form yet because we need to decide what and how we are going to do things next year. The one that Lee accessed is from this year so it will probably be changing a bit.

The grand PooBa's who have helped me in the past need to get together and layout a game plan for next year. Open to all ideas by the way. Jerry Eisele handled our Saturday night meal this year. He has talked to me a bit and we would probably like to go with something a little more formal next year. And then, I've got the TX/MI posse willing to do a barbecue Texas style for everyone! eek!

I personally liked the ride we did to Lee's Ford for lunch on Friday. Maybe a tad long, but an enjoyable ride nonetheless. Let me know your thoughts. Might just need a bit bigger room to seat everyone.

There was also some talk of a dinner cruise on a houseboat. The main objective for the weekend is to keep it simple and most of all, enjoy our boats on a beautiful, with plenty of room to let the horses run lake. Believe me, you won't get her cranked up and run out of lake at Lake Cumberland. :D This year we had the wonderful folks from Turbo Propeller at the gathering. They gave a presentation and allowed us to try their products. I think it would be beneficial to have both them and other part manufacturers at our gathering. Don't know if Imco would be interested, but I know a lot of you Donzi owners would be interested in testing one of their lowers on your drive wink LOL I kind of doubt we could get them to allow that, but hey, if you don't ask, nothing is possible. Maybe a hydraulic steering company would be interested in telling us about their products. Again, doesn't hurt to ask. In the past, I've stayed away from having speakers come to the gathering primarily because I don't have the connections to get famous people to Kentucky. BTW, after a couple of nights of all of us sitting around telling stories, the wives tend to get a bit tired of it anyway. Some of the best speakers I've ever witnessed have been boat owners with-in the group. :) Add a few remote shots, and the stories get even better!

Hard to believe were going into our 4th year with this gathering already. :) You all make it better and better every year!

oldLenny
11-19-2003, 06:13 PM
Tics in hand, not taking a boat, but flying with my gal. We are flying into Lexington. I sure hope that is close to where I want to be...Hope we can hook up with a lot of you. I will try to bring some cigars (ahead of time shipping) and lots of laughs. Flying in on the Thursday, 20th,May, evening...leaving Monday at 2pm, the 24th. See ya'll there!!!

Scott B,..please don't change this...I am having a hard time getting over the WORLDS in Key West and the $400 penalty, not to mention the rain here for days straight knowing it is sunny in FLA.
eek!
:D :D :D

roadtrip se
01-14-2004, 10:17 AM
Reservations made for a three bedroom cabin.

Now how am I going to get my smoker, a cord of cooking wood, and my Donzi down to Cumberland?

Todd
"I need a bigger truck!"

oldLenny
01-14-2004, 03:50 PM
Just got a "deluxe" room, this second, May 20th-21-22-23...$62.95 for Thursday night, $80.95 for both Friday night, and Saturday night, $62.95 for Sunday night...I am leaving on Monday at noon.

She said they had about 10 "of these Deluxe rooms" left...

Brad Lyon
01-14-2004, 04:17 PM
Todd,

I will have some room in my truck if you need something hauled down. It isn't the biggest truck but never-the-less, I'll have room.

Brad

roadtrip se
01-14-2004, 08:02 PM
Thanks Brad!

I requested a cabin, so we could do a little cooking. We'll probably be neighbors.

As for the logistics, we'll get that all worked out. I'll probably take the smoker down sometime before hand and stash it at my buddy's lake house
along with the wood and other supplies, so we should be covered.

I've got a call into the Plainview Texas Pitmaster himself, Mr. Mark Horne, right now to discuss AOTH4.

Six new inches of snow on the ground and all I can think about is Cumberland and St.Clair!

Todd

farmer tx
01-15-2004, 12:46 AM
I'm in. :D

boldts
01-15-2004, 06:15 AM
OK everyone, if someone tells you there are no rooms, ask to talk to Frieda! Rooms have been blocked so the person may not have known that. Let the person you talk to know that you are with the Midwest Donzi Club. We have special room rates for the gathering. The person you talked to may have not known that either. I'll call Frieda today to confirm all this and get back to everyone.

Snow for Ohio today. Can't wait until May :D

boldts
01-16-2004, 11:54 AM
OK everyone. I spoke with Jamestown about our gathering, cost and other little details this morning. Rates for 04 in the Deluxe lodge rooms have gone down from last year! Rates from Sun. thru Thur. should be in the $53 range. Fri & Sat. in the $70 range. So if you have made a reservation and you think you've been charged to much, please call Jamestown again and do the following (This includes anyone else making a reservation):

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Tell the person you talk to that you are a part of the Midwest Donzi Club gathering May 20th thru 23rd. This is how you get the special rates. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Tell them you made a reservation and you may have been mis-charged for the room. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you wish to leave you Donzi at a dock in the marina, reserve the dock now! They may not be available in May when you arrive.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
Don't let anyone tell you there are no rooms. At least not as of 1/16/04. In a couple months, that may be the case, but we have rooms blocked for our gathering. Remember the first thing to do listed above!

For those of you wishing to camp out, Jamestown does not have this option available. However, the Jamestown State Park does and is located right out in front of the Jamestown Resort on the other side of the waterway. I've not set-up any special rates with them because in the past, the rooms were not needed. However, if Jamestown were to become completely booked, the state park would be the next best place to stay. I stayed there the first year of our gathering and they have everything Jamestown has including an indoor pool. Only difference we noticed was the buildings are older, it's a heck of a long drive into the place, but the rates were less also. The ride over to Jamestown every morning and evening was actually very enjoyable for Beth and I. Your just not with the main body of participants at the gathering.

The folks who have helped me with the gathering in the past from Cincinnati, Ohio will be getting together in the next couple weeks. So keep an eye out for our planned agenda.

Just a couple pieces of news that have developed. 1 - Mike Miller is planning on attending this year. I received an e-mail from him and it will be good to see him again. 2 - Former and present Texas residents who are planning to attend, are hoping to bring some of that down home Texas style cooking to the gathering for us. They have graciously volunteered to cook a meal for us. Details still to be worked out. I like food, but actually, I'm hoping they also bring the RED BIKINI SWIMSUIT TEAM eek! with them!

It's shaping up to be another wonderful year with our Donzi family on the beautiful Lake Cumberland in Jamestown Kentucky. If you haven't been able to attend before, see if you can work it into your schedule. If your a returning gatherer, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again. Come all with or even without a boat. You'll be welcomed and made a member of the family nonetheless. Makes no difference which Donzi you own. All are invited! (For you ZF owners, Lake Cumberland has some of the largest Stripers available in the whole country. To see the guide boats coming back from a morning catch is unbelievable!) Donzi and Aronow boat owners are the best! We always have a great time! Many friendships have begun at one of the gatherings that happen all through the summer and winter months. The Midwest Donzi Club is proud to further this happening and to help spread the MYSTIC of Donzi to all interested.

Be thinking about an auction item that you would like to donate. Proceeds from the auction not only help the Midwest Donzi Club put on this gathering, but 1/2 of the monies are re-donated to the Donzi Registry to help keep this wonderful website alive and growing :)

Ranman
01-16-2004, 12:27 PM
OK, I was easily able to reserva a deluxe room this morning 1/16/2003. I told them I was with the Donzi Club, but I was charged the same as Lenny.

$62.95/night for thursday
$80.95/night for Friday and Saturday
$10.00/day for the slip

So Scott, you're saying I was overcharged?

Regardless, the Jamestown Resort in my opinion is a fantastic place for a Donzi gathering. This will be my 3rd year going and I have an absolute ball while there. I cannot tell you how many friends I've made at this gathering. The room rates are reasonable. The facilities are nice. There's no reason not to come. I look forward to seeing everyone in May.

oldLenny
01-16-2004, 01:10 PM
Randy, just talked to Frieda. Yes, they are cheaper rates now. She just entered these new rates into the 'puter this morning. Sun-Thursday rate is $53.95. Fri-Sat rate is $71.95.
Slips are $10.00 still. She changed my reservation and has apparently instructed them to look through the DONZi group of reservations and adjust accordingly. I would call her anyway to be sure. :D

http://www.flagshipmarinas.com/marinas/jamestown/default.htm

boldts
01-16-2004, 01:23 PM
Randy, yes, you did not get the new lowered rate. Frieda is sending me a fax so that I can post the rates for everyone. Call the 1-800 number again and ask for Stacy, Tina or Barb and tell them you were over-charged on the room rates per Frieda. Sorry all. Sometimes the help isn't updated fast enough with managements decisions.

Lenny, Frieda said she had talked to you and your rate is being fixed.

Auh, thanks Lenny! I see you beat me to the post. Hey, that avitar has designated this website as a X rated site. I can't let my 6 year old daughter see that eek! :D

boldts
01-16-2004, 03:33 PM
Here are the new Jamestown Resort rates. If you were told more than these prices, you need to call the 1-800 number and tell them you have been over-charged. In the fax, Frieda says that all past reservations have been updated with the correct prices. However, to be on the safe side, I'd check with them to make sure!

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">2 BR Cabin - $53.95 Sun. - Thur. $53.95 Fri. & Sat. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">3 BR Cabin - $62.95 Sun. - Thur. $62.95 Fri. & Sat. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Log (Check the website on this one. Not sure what it is, but appears to be bigger than the cabins listed above.) - $109.95 Sun. - Thur. $119.95 Fri. & Sat. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Deluxe & Handicap Suites - $53.95 Sun. - Thur. $71.95 Fri. & Sat.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
Haven't made our reservation yet, but the cabin deal looks like the way to go if you don't mind not being right down by the marina. (Same price every day) At this time, there are 2 - 2BR and 3 - 3BR cabins still available.

ToonaFish
01-16-2004, 03:52 PM
Hey Texans, want I should bring the hazardous waste salad? (AKA, Two Beans and A Nut to the Seadog crew.)

Bunches,

Celene 'multiply the recipe by how much???'

roadtrip se
01-16-2004, 05:33 PM
Celene, this former Texan, says hell yes!

And now for those who are not familiar with the magesty that is the culinary art of the Pitmaster from Plainview, Mr. Mark Horne, attached is a little preview...

http://www.donzi.net/photos/tsomerville114.jpg

Does it get any better than that?

Todd
"Bringing a whole other dimension to the AOTH4!"

Ranman
01-17-2004, 01:31 PM
The fact that someone actually found it important to snap a picture of that food scares me. eek!

ToonaFish
01-17-2004, 01:37 PM
Randell, I'm more frightened that PETA will see the picture and stage a demonstration at AOTH.

Bunches,

Celene 'salivating'

Sam
01-17-2004, 02:49 PM
To tell you the truth it gives me goose bumps !

Sam eek! :D

tamburello
01-17-2004, 05:32 PM
Todd, your making me hungry! Time to dig the grill out of the snow bank.

Silly me, getting all panicked that the rooms were all gone at Jamestown. I talked to Frieda, she hooked me up with a room. Just gotta talk to the right people. Thanks for the tip on who to contact.

AOTH can't come quickly enough!

- Jeff

Brad Lyon
01-18-2004, 08:12 AM
Is any one else of the Michigan gang going early? I will be going down the morning of Wednesday the 19th. Kim thought that four days wasn't enough last time, who am I to argue! However, It would be nice to caravan down with someone.

Brad

boxy
01-18-2004, 08:55 AM
MadDog....just buy one of these, and be done with it....
Criterion on the bottom, X boat on top, trailer grill out front... :D

http://www.donzi.net/photos/maintrailer.jpg

roadtrip se
01-19-2004, 09:37 PM
Planning a trip down to Cumberland this upcoming weekend for a blow out with the guys...

Tore down the auxillary smoker, so I could jam the pieces into the back of the Excursion, and maybe figure out how to put it all back together when I get there.

AND, my wood guy just called. He has a cord of hickory to drop on my doorstep tomorrow. Perfect timing. I'll throw some of that in back while I'm at it.

Randy, once you taste some of the goodies that come off of a true wood smoker, you'll become a believer!

A thing of beauty...
http://www.donzi.net/photos/tsomerville119.jpg
Todd

oldLenny
01-20-2004, 02:33 AM
Todd, between you and me, it looked at LOT better in 90 deg, in Texas, with the Godzilla-peds and such. I don't like the white stuff...I don't have that stuff...You Ohio-e-an from birth you... :D

Dr. Dan
01-20-2004, 03:34 AM
:D Lizard and I can attest to the unbelievable and tasty morsels that come off of this contraption of Todd & Jills! :p They were gracious hosts to us over the New Years Holiday...and spoiled us rotten....thier "Viddles" are definitely worth driving for.... :D

:cool: Doc

Still Trying To Burn Off Those Extra Calories...Todd

olemissalum
01-20-2004, 02:33 PM
Reservations made!!!!!! Now lets hear from some of the other Georgia people :D

ITTLFLI
01-20-2004, 02:50 PM
Not from Georgia.....but reservation is made!!!!!

tamburello
01-20-2004, 02:56 PM
Byron, are you bringing another bat boat down to run this year or are you gonna have your recentrly acquired X boat down there?

- Jeff

ITTLFLI
01-20-2004, 03:22 PM
Jeff,

Yes I will be bringing the "x" boat down!! Hopefully I will be "allowed" to work on it a little before the event!

Yes, I have a committment from Chris Reindl that we will have one of the bat boats down there! It just depends on the race schedule which one.
Make sure to ask Bandit(david hicks) about his poker run experience in the 24 Batboat!!!

Byron

Tomahawk
01-20-2004, 09:27 PM
Well, alright Jim! Georgia caravan will meet in Cartersville at 9:00AM on Thursday, May 20 and then head north. Actually Bad Tat, Joe P. and myself are already registered. Toonagirl, are you in again? Grizz has a couple scheduling issues to resolve yet. I'm pretty sure Skip will make it too. Anyone else from Georgia or Fl or AL, join us if you can. Rustynuts, you and Mark need to make this thing for sure.
We'll have an AOTH warm-up at our place again. We put a roof on the deck so, if it happens to rain, it won't be so bothersome.
How do the dates this year work for the George/Winni wrecking crew?

ToonaFish
01-21-2004, 09:02 AM
Tomahawk:
Toonagirl, are you in again? Naturally! May even make the Caravan with y'all, since I now know better than to miss a second of any Donzi gathering! (But can you keep up with the Beemer? :rolleyes: )

WHOOO HOOO, rainproof grilling at Tom's Sushi and Bait Shack... you know this means we'll have a drought and there will be no water in Lanier, right?

Bunches,

Celene 'need Donzi fix'

BabyDonzi
01-22-2004, 05:19 PM
looks like we got us a convoy!
The Catch22 and Baby Donzi crew are in! I already informed work that I might be back...........I might not! Just waiting on Catch to confirm time off.
Cartersville? Just outside of Atlanta? We,ll see if we can plan accordingly!

Catch, where are you? We cant keep these great people waiting!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomahawk
01-22-2004, 10:22 PM
BD & C22 - roger that. Just north of Hotlanta on I-75 at GA 20. There's a MickyD's there (and a Holiday Inn Express). Most of the ATL Crew are about an hour away.

olemissalum
01-23-2004, 12:05 PM
Anyone driving from down south is more than welcome to stop here and catch a little shuteye before the haul up to KY. I am about 15 minutes south of Atlanta.

Jerry Eisele
01-28-2004, 07:26 AM
I'm in, room booked

JERRY

Sam
01-28-2004, 07:43 PM
Good deal Jerry ! looking forward to seeing you.

Sam ;)

BigGrizzly
01-29-2004, 09:28 PM
Reservations made, May be by my self Kid in school wife maybe on call, but boat is ready

Bigbroadjumper
02-11-2004, 04:31 PM
Reservations made, and can't wait until May.

Digger
03-12-2004, 02:35 PM
have had a conversation regards ramps via email, thought I would also post it here:

There are two choices for ramps close to the Jamestown resort. One is at the resort itself, the infamous "90 degree ramp". I don't think you will have a problem there. Folks launch and retrieve 16/18/22's with no problem, 2 and 4wd. It is very steep however.

I launched there at AOTH II, but will not be launching there again... not unless I feel like giving myself a heart attack. I tow with a Ford F350 powerstroke dually, which is NOT 4wd. If I had 4wd I would launch there.

Instead I will use the State Park Ramp which is right across the water from Jamestown. On the attached map, you see the end of Road 92, to the North, that is the Jamestown facility. Then you see the area shaded green to the South, that is the State Park. The park has a ramp which is not nearly as steep. There are only two disadvantages to the State Park ramp. First, it has no dock (or didn't 2 yrs ago). No big deal. The second disadvantage is the drive. You can see by the map that you have go back up 92 then take 127 South 'til the entrance to the Park. The drive through the park is extremely twisty. You really have to take your time. I have to take up the whole damn road through parts of it.

Digger
03-12-2004, 02:48 PM
oh and btw, only 70 days until AOTH

boldts
03-14-2004, 04:04 PM
Digger, I've also launched at the state park a couple times. Last time we did, there were docks there, but off to the side to keep the ramp wide open. If you need a hand launching, let me know and I'll come over to lend a hand so you can back the boat off and pull over to the dock. For those of you interested, the rooms at the state park aren't bad either although a little older than Jamestown. Beth and I stayed there the first year of AOTH. They allowed us to keep the boat right outside our room in the parking lot there and other than the short ride from the park launch ramp over to Jamestown each morning and night, I'd stay there again if I didn't need to be closer to the main outing location.

I'm not towing a 33ZX, but I've learned to use the emergency brake along with leaving my 2 wheek drive Tahoe in drive as the weight of our 22 Classic moves the truck and boat down the launch ramp. If it gets going to fast, the front wheel brakes are dragging, I simply use the engine and drive wheels in forward to slow things down. You guys know your rigs better than me, this just works for mine.

olemissalum
03-15-2004, 08:08 AM
Don't like steep launches either, Digger may join you over there to launch mine also.

Brad Lyon
03-15-2004, 11:51 AM
Digger,

I have three options for you. You are free to use my truck to launch Freedom II at Jamestown, or I would be glad to drive your truck and trailer back to the Jamestown Resort after you splash at the State Park ramp, or I could give you a ride back the State Park ramp in my 18 to fetch your truck and trailer. Let me know.

Brad

Digger
03-15-2004, 12:34 PM
thx Brad! I like the third option, I never turn down a boat ride! :boat:

Brad Lyon
03-15-2004, 04:26 PM
Sounds good to me! We will be getting there on Wednesday morning so I will be ready.

Brad

Sam
03-28-2004, 04:00 PM
So who's going to AOTH IV, I know we have a good crew heading down from Mich.

Sam
Rootsy (Hey Roomy)
Jeff Dykema
Brad Lyon and Family
Randy and Jen
Todd and Jill
Bill and Liz ??

Who did I miss from Mich and for that matter let's hear from rest of you log dodgers.

Sam

Scott Heidt
03-29-2004, 12:14 AM
Just got done reading the posts! How many boats/ members are estimated to show up at AOTH? I really want to go. Is it too late to get a place to stay up there?

It sounds like this is the event of the year! :) With work I probably would not be able to bring my boat, but I would like to maybe try to fly up and attend. If some one could email me with information on lodging etc. I would appreciate it! Thanks! :)

Gatorone30@hotmail.com

Digger
03-29-2004, 05:09 AM
Scott go to Mr Boldts website

www.mwdonziclub.com

and you'll see a link for AOTH IV. You have two choices for lodging, either the Jamestown resort itself, where the event is held, or the State Park right across the river. Come on up!

RickR
03-30-2004, 05:38 PM
:crossfing
Rick and Tommie

Lenny
03-30-2004, 05:45 PM
Sam, I am flying in with my gal from here and we are in the resort.

So that makes two more people :D

tamburello
03-30-2004, 09:31 PM
My wife Sarah and my dad Dale are rounding out my crew.

- Jeff

Sam
03-31-2004, 04:25 PM
Jeff,did you say Wife ? You have been holding out on us. I guess this will call for a toast to the new Bride and Groom at Cumberland. I'll raid my bar and bring a bottle or two of the bubbly. So I guess congrats are in order to both of you, looking forward to seeing you in May.

Sam :party:

tamburello
03-31-2004, 08:07 PM
Thanks Sam. Yup, you heard it right, we tied the knot Jan. 3. Following right in the footsteps of Ranman and Donzi Jenn. We can't wait to see you and the rest of the Madcows in a few weeks for the convoy to AOTH!

- Jeff

Sea Biscuit
04-02-2004, 06:33 AM
Please add me to the Michigan list.
Lee & Linda Matas

Sam
04-02-2004, 03:06 PM
Lee, that's good news ! In the past we have all hooked up early on Thursday at a McDonalds near Monroe. If your interested shoot me an e-mail and I can fill you in.

Sam :biggrin:

Jerry Eisele
04-03-2004, 04:49 AM
What's the ETA for the MADCOW group to pass Cincinnati?? :shades:

Brad Lyon
04-03-2004, 08:53 AM
Jerry,

I will not be in the caravan because I am going down a day early. However, for AOTH II we arrived at the hotel at 8:15 AM to meet up with the Ohio group. We probably would have been there at 8:10 if Sam didn't get us lost trying to find the hotel. :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

Brad

RedDog
04-04-2004, 03:32 PM
RedDog and DonziDeb have reservations for Jamestown Resort. Don't know yet which (if any) of the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd mates may be coing with us ....

Sam
04-04-2004, 05:40 PM
Brad, where's the love, I normaly charge extra for a tour like that.

Sam :propeller

roadtrip se
04-04-2004, 10:41 PM
but why do I see this trip down from michigan being a little more eventful?

Roadtrip!

Garyw1
04-05-2004, 10:31 AM
Anyone heading down from the midatlantic area? (read that Delaware). Leaving on th 19th, no set time as yet. Nice leasurly trip, anyone care to run together let me know.

Sam
04-05-2004, 12:17 PM
Todd, don't believe everything you hear it wasn't that bad. Afterall I'm only a human man (LOL).

Sam :redface:

tamburello
04-05-2004, 04:16 PM
So that's why rootsy led the convoy last year. :D Just booked us at the hotel in Monroe next to the LaPlaisance Rd. rendezvous McDonalds.

- Jeff

Ranman
04-05-2004, 04:38 PM
I love breakfast at McDonalds and this trip is one of the only times of the year I will be up early enough to get it!!! :hyper: :hyper:

We're getting close...

BigGrizzly
04-20-2004, 08:36 PM
Been off for awhile, but we will be there! leaving with the GA crew on thursday morning.

Lenny
04-20-2004, 08:39 PM
Looking forward to meeting you Randy and seeing the Crit run !!! :D

BigGrizzly
04-20-2004, 10:03 PM
I have a better idea Lenny, Let me take you for a ride. That way you can feel it not just see it!

BUIZILLA
04-20-2004, 10:08 PM
Grizz, I think Poodle and I will be towing up to Atlanta on Wednesday, to meet you guys early Thurs morning. A three Crit caravan from there???

J :pimp:

BigGrizzly
04-20-2004, 10:38 PM
Works for me--let me know!!!!

ToonaFish
04-20-2004, 10:39 PM
A three Crit caravan from there???

Am I the only one who just got all squiggly in her tum?

Tomahawk
04-20-2004, 10:45 PM
Now there is a historic sight to see! Let's do this Jim. Ole Miss, Joe P. Bad Tat, Toona and I will sort of tag along. I think Catch 22 may join in as well. I did an earlier post about hotels at Cartersville on I-75 at GA 20. I said there is a Holiday Inn Express there. Went by there last week. It's gone! Somebody must have tore it down and moved it one exit north. There is one of about everything else there though. Country Inn and Suites, Hampton, Comfort Inn, Ramada, Econo Lodge, Days Inn, etc. Georgia boys will be at the Irish place (McDonald's) there at 9:00 AM on Thursday the 20th. La bon ton roulet'

RedDog
04-21-2004, 07:55 AM
Wish I could caravan with the crew coming up I-75 but I can't leave until Friday. BUT, if I get home from business travel early enough on Thursday I could shoot a video of the caravan from an overpass as you come through Knoxville. Call my cell phone when you are about 1/2 hour out - say the Sweetwater exit and I can get positioned for filming somewhere on the north side of Knoxville.

Tim - (865) 803-3296

boldts
04-21-2004, 09:02 AM
Hummm..... You all are giving me the warm fuzzie feeling! Where and what time is the OH group meeting the MI Convoy? You guys are bringing Bill, Jan, an El Pescador, and a certain Blk Criterion with you right?

You just got to love a Donzi caravan in motion! :beer:

BTW - For everyone who ordered gathering shirts, they've been ordered. Weekend itinerary is finalized and I'll be posting it along with a registration form so we can get an idea of the numbers coming for our Friday lunch at Lees Ford and the Saturday night Texas Barbecue. Yee Haw!!!!!

Sam
04-21-2004, 06:16 PM
I don't know of any plans to hook up with the Ohio group.

Trueser
04-22-2004, 10:29 PM
Ok here is where we stand. Were not out yet.

Boat is at Mcleod design getting the rest of the interior done.dropped it off on Monday.I won't do another AOTH without a interior.

2 brand new engines sitting on the garage floor!

The glass man is set up for next week if I get her back. He will be replacing the cross stringers. all 4...

Repaint the engine compartment.

install trim/tilt indicators.

Install engines....

sound easy.

Still hope to make the trip.

The Truesdale's

farmer tx
04-23-2004, 12:41 AM
Mike, You have 28 days, I think you can do it. :yes:

Digger
04-27-2004, 07:37 PM
Mike, good to talk with you the other day, I hope the planets align and your boat is ready... if not, there'll be plenty open seats, I 'll have a few.

I'm getting there Wednesday late afternoon... gettin excited :hyper:

ToonaFish
04-27-2004, 11:05 PM
I'm getting there Wednesday late afternoon... gettin excited :hyper:

Um, Digger, I've presold quite a few tickets for the viewing of your launch at the ramp, would you mind awfully waiting to splash until Thursday afternoon?

Bunches,

Celene 'his retrieve is SRO'

Digger
04-28-2004, 09:38 AM
only if I get 50% of the proceeds. :D

no Jamestown ramp show for Digger :eek:

whats SRO? only SRO I know is Senior Resident Officer a la POW camp :boggled:

roadtrip se
04-28-2004, 09:43 AM
Digger,

Much less of a show to be had at State Dock. I've launched 42 go-fasts there before with no problems. Of course, Celene's take will be much less, but there will be others....

Todd
"I'm there Wednesday, so I get to see most of you dunk em!"

Brad Lyon
04-28-2004, 11:37 AM
Todd, when are you going? Kim and I are going on Wednesday as well. Do you want to caravan together? One other thought we had was to leave on Tuesday afternoon, drive a few hours and stay somewhere along the way Tuesday night, then get up early Wednesday morning and finish the trip.

Brad

roadtrip se
04-28-2004, 02:47 PM
PM your way Brad!

ToonaFish
04-28-2004, 07:06 PM
Broadway or lesser theatre sell outs are Standing Room Only...

Although I've felt like a POW during a few plays...

boldts
04-29-2004, 12:59 AM
Celene, off subject here, but if I didn't know how old I was and the question how old are you was asked, the answer from my mouth would be: "One day older than yesterday and very happy to be here!" Sorry to interupt, back to the main subject. AOTH IV

Trueser
05-04-2004, 07:13 PM
Looks like we wont make it this year. :frown:

Boat is still at Mcleod design, 2 weeks overdue, They say it should be ready by the end of next week. I lost my slot for the glass work so it looks like I'll be getting itchy.

The new motors and the drives are almost ready.

We will miss everyone and will be looking into Michigan and possibly the Texas run.

Thanks for the invite Digger but I have a bunch of work to get done before Memorial weekend.

I hope you all have a safe trip and great Weather.

The Truesdale's

Ranman
05-05-2004, 07:53 AM
Mike, good to talk with you the other day, I hope the planets align and your boat is ready... if not, there'll be plenty open seats, I 'll have a few.

Hope you're saving one of those seats for Donzi Jenn :D :D :D

You'll probably have trouble extracting her from your boat.

P.S. I thought I saw that Bryan T was coming with you sans his boat, is he still coming? Nancy?

Digger
05-05-2004, 06:49 PM
Mike that sucks... I know its hard to be boatless, believe me. But she'll be ready eventually. good luck with it!

Randy, DJ absolutely has a seat! :yes:

Bryan and Nancy can't make it this year. but will be there in spirit, a remote shot(s) will definitely be in order.

boldts
05-06-2004, 09:53 AM
Hey folks traveling to Cumberland on Wednesday May 19th.

Any chance I could get you to do a recon mission for me? It's been mentioned that the Burnside (East) end of the lake tends to have more debris than the main body. On Friday, we were hoping to go to a place called Party Cove up past Burnside. Could I get 1 of you to take a ride up there Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning to check out the conditions for me?

I'm putting together a back-up plan just in case things don't look good. Safety for everyone in attendance is first and foremost on my agenda. I don't want 30 Donzis doing the disco slide through log debris.

Digger
05-06-2004, 04:55 PM
Scott, I can do that. shoot me your cell number, I'll call you Wed night.

Brad Lyon
05-06-2004, 06:31 PM
Digger, would you like some company on that ride? We can help with the fuel expense.

Brad

Digger
05-06-2004, 07:10 PM
Brad, Kim, Kyle, Ashton.... welcome aboard the log patrol! the more eyes the better :cool:

Bandit
05-06-2004, 10:11 PM
Only a few days away!!!

As some of you know I've recently been working on a LITTLE project by replacing my entire dash and gel work. Well, as of today I have no gauges or panels in the Donzi and I'm still working on getting the panels powder coated. Only time will tell if the moons line up for me for AOTH IV. Regardless, I'll be coming down by houseboat on Fri and I have 2 covered slips at the State Dock.

The other end of the lake usually has more debris due the North and South Fork rivers feeding the lake. The trip up the South Fork will give you amazing views of the high cliffs carved out by the river over many years.

Digger, good to hear you'll be making it this year and be on log patrol. :shocking: I'll save you a shot and another in honor for Bryan T.

Looking forward to seeing everybody and safe travel to all. :moped:

boldts
05-07-2004, 12:48 PM
Thank-you Col. Digger and Brad. I just got informed yesterday that their is a local boat show going on at Lees Ford marina the weekend we are at Cumberland. It's amazing, no mention of this 2 months ago when I talked to them about 20 or more Donzis and their owners coming to their establishment for lunch on the 21st. :splat: This wouldn't be a problem except that the dealers are using the dock space we need. No problem though, we'll adjust the schedule. We have a couple other options which include a barbecue at Bandit's boat club and having lunch at Conley Bottom this year.

It's been suggested that the run to Party Cove might just be a little to far for any boats not in the 70+ MPH range after lunch. Especially if we're not able to run at speed due to debris in the lake. We may need to reserve this run for Saturday or Sunday with no lunch to allow the needed time. It's a big lake and a lot of the shoreline looks the same, so you don't want to be running the lake at night.

Bandit suggested another area just pass Conley Bottom that we could go up into and relax to let lunch settle before heading back to Jamestown. And, of course anyone wanting to go spend some time looking at local dealer offerings, could go on to Lees Ford Marina. As listed in the schedule, Thursday night at 8pm is a get-to-know ya meeting. We'll talk about and take suggestions then. I'll then leave a new schedule with the Jamestown marina where anyone arriving Friday can look to see where we're at.

Sometimes, even the best made plans need a little adjusting. We'll roll with the waves and have a great weekend no mater what! :yes:

BUIZILLA
05-07-2004, 01:25 PM
Since I have NO :splat: idea at this point what boat i'm even bringing, i'll just go with the flow on the schedule :cool!: . I'm even toying :idea: with the idea of just putting the new engine in the Crit next week sometime, leaving on the 15th, and finishing/testing it at my lakehouse on Centerhill Lake until the 20th, then coming up there, since it's only a couple hours away at that point. One way or the other, i'm bringing something. :yes:

I've attempted, and almost accomplished, a COMPLETE new engine swap/tranny overhaul/upgrade process in less than 2 weeks timeframe as it is. :wrench:

J :shades:

roadtrip se
05-08-2004, 09:25 AM
Jim,

It is the "Awakening" after all! I see it going on every year as many of us will still be working the kinks out. Most of us carry enough tools to rebuild our toys from the ground up.

:wrench: :wrench: :wrench:

I won't even get into the detail kits, I always get comments, whats wrong with a toothbrush for the rub rail?

As we speak, my lower unit is on its way back from Imco in California. Nothing like a leaky lower, both physically and on your boat to really slow you down. Everything on my boat is set up for this drive, please, please fedex don't destroy it and let it be right. My laundry list is long after that, but I should have time to get her ready by the 19th.

:crossfing :crossfing :crossfing

I would think a cross country re-rig is absolutely normal!
Good luck and I look forward to seeing that Criterion at Cumberland! Go! Go! Go!

Todd
"We can rebuild it, we have the technology!"

Ranman
05-10-2004, 08:58 AM
I understand the Lee's Ford issue, but is there any way we can squeeze in there? I'll raft off Root and Sam to save space.

absolutly NO slips available? Lee's Ford was such a fun run and the restaurant was much nicer in every respect than Conely Bottom. I'll understand if it's not do-able, but we should exhause every resource before ditching that stop.

You should have seen the docking scene at Gators on the Pass during the DOnzi Hometown Rally. If they could fit 30 Donzi's there, Lee's Ford will be a piece of cake.

Let me know if I can do anything to assist.

Sam
05-10-2004, 03:48 PM
Randy have you had your shots ? I don't want any of your cooties.

Sam ;)

BUIZILLA
05-10-2004, 03:55 PM
I was just over reading on OSO that there seems to be a log problem on the lake. One person was killed 2 weeks ago in one incident, and this past weekend a 35 Nordic smacked a log, broke apart, and sank, injuring two occupants. I read somewhere else last week that a big Formula or a Fountain smacked a log and barely made it back to the dock in another incident.

Is there a lake *log sighting service* we can turn to for info?

J

Bandit
05-10-2004, 05:03 PM
The debris situation on Cumberland is normal for this time of year. I usually don't start running at night until 4th of July. There's a plan in the works to bring in 2 log eating barges which turns it into mulch. Their suppose to drop Cumberland to its lowest point to get as much junk out of the water as possible when they start that project. Not sure if they'll start on it this year.

boldts
05-11-2004, 02:52 PM
For anyone interested, here is a website that lists most of the information about Lake Cumberland including lake conditions.

http://lakecumberland.com/directory/lakestats.shtml

Just out of general curiousity, how many would be interested in moving the Awakening to the end of the summer say August or September? I've been toying with this idea for the last couple years. Remember though, we'll have to fit it in between the Lake George Fall Picnick, Hometown Rally, a Poker Run on the lake and I'm sure I'm missing some other gatherings going on at that time of year.

Hummmmm What to call it? The Last Derby on Cumberland....., Fall Donzi Gallop....., ???? At least if we broke something, us Northern guys would have all winter to work on it :yes:

Ranman
05-11-2004, 03:11 PM
I think the event is at the perfect time of the year. There is the debris issue, but what can you do? AOTH II on May 5th had tons of debris. AOTH III on May 31 was not that bad at all, though you still had to watch out here and there.

The lake is nice this time of year in that there are not that many boats out there yet so the water is calm and uncrowded.

I say keep it right where it is, last week of May to first week in June. The debris will hopefully be mostly gone by the time we get there.

RickR
05-12-2004, 09:00 PM
Corps and TVA lakes come to full pool around the 1st of May (our local lake is lowered 45' over the winter).
That floats all the debris that were left high and dry over the winter.
A couple of good storms push the trash back up the hollows for the summer.

We run the "River Prop" till mid June and inspect track before running WOT.

BUIZILLA
05-13-2004, 04:18 PM
NOT on schedule. As of 5pm, the engine bay is still empty, and the boat is still at TNT Marine. It's been there all week. They are backlogged........ but honestly trying to work me in... hopefully, tomorrow morning they'll start and finish it by lunchtime, the i'll pull an all-nighter if necessary, to be able to test splash on Saturday sometime...

J :sombrero:

and the doctor's said I was supposed to relax

Bandit
05-14-2004, 08:14 AM
Mine is fighting just to get over the bank. :splat:

Still no gauges in the dash and going back to the gel guy at noon today. He's suppose to be finished by noon tomorrow. My new dash panels should be powder coated by 2 today.

I'm not sure why I got this big bright idea to do all this now. :bonk:

boldts
05-14-2004, 01:11 PM
Hey, did you know that none of the marinas in the area have a forklift either?

Anyone ready to fight the envoirmentalist and open a new resort with all the amenities and rack storage? Wouldn't matter what month we wanted to hold AOTH then.

I'd like to apply for a loan. How much? Oh, just a few mill to start. Backers? I've got folks all across the country and Canada backing this project. :)

roadtrip se
05-16-2004, 08:04 PM
Maybe a bit nippy at 58-60 degrees, but I wasn't going to haul the SE all the way to Cumberland without a little time on her. Ran from Port Huron all the way down the shipping channel to the middle of Lake St Clair and back to St Clair township with NO ISSUES.

Since AOTH last year, I have installed a completely new XR upper and just got the XR shortie back from IMCO after a complete going through. As much as I hate'em, the SE will have a drive shower on it at Cumberland, because I can't take no more drive voodoo.

And for you Jamestown parking lot mechanics, I will be installing a new antiventilation plate and the shower out there with you. Somewhere along the way, it got cracked and a new one should be here tomorrow.

Jill and I did eight hours each of tuning and buffing yesterday to take care of a year of neglect due to the transfer, but the effort shows and everything appears to be in one piece now and with new found shine.

I know a few others who are going through much more serious last minute surgery getting ready for this event, which in some sick way motivated me to get her done and pointed south!

Looking forward to seeing everybody yet again for an awesome time in Kentucky!

Todd
"The pursuit of performance is not a thing of beauty, for those of you who think it is easy, just stick to your z-care and watch out for us nuts at the gatherings!"

farmer tx
05-17-2004, 12:03 AM
Todd, Glad it ran out good for you. Tell Jill hi and see y'all this week.

Digger
05-17-2004, 07:58 PM
updated 2100 17 May (http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USLocalStd.asp?loc=uskyct12723&seg=LocalWeather&prodgrp=Forecasts&product=Forecast&prodnav=none&pid=none)
:yes:

Lenny
05-17-2004, 08:46 PM
:D :D :D :D

roadtrip se
05-17-2004, 09:35 PM
We are cooking 60 pounds of brisket, Jerry E is bringing 40 pounds of sides, and I've heard that Toona is going to show with 5 or 6 pounds of her infamous three bean salad!

We are going to have to keep all of this cool, so pack up those coolers and buy some ice, we are going to need the space!

Saturday night is going to be awesome at Jamestown!

Todd

ToonaFish
05-17-2004, 09:53 PM
Hmmh, the tongue weight of 99 cups of hazardous material would be?

Bunches,

Celene 'registering this load with the ATF'

Lenny
05-17-2004, 10:05 PM
Just because DELTA filed chapter 11 on May 10 should not bother me,..right??? :D

I need to see Todds' rig again, need to ride in Jamies', can't WAIT !!! to see a Critter (2-3) and pray for a Geoo experience...

Weather looks better on Diggers' sight, I will frequent it instead of mine,...now if I can only awake in a hotel at 3:45 am on Thursday morn in Seattle after a Seacat ride, we'll be there !!! :D

boldts
05-18-2004, 09:53 AM
Lenny, It's race day buddy! You won't be sleeping anyway. 3:45 will be a piece of cake!

RT, Freida said we could use a large fridge right next to the yacht club. So, hopefully the cold factor needed will be available to us. Just hope the staff at Jamestown doesn't get hungry in the night! :)

Can't believe I haven't learned to take the week off before the Awakening yet. I can't get nothing done at work anyway with all the adrenalin flowing through me right now. I feel like I'm laying in bed on Christmas Eve :yes: :hyper: :D

Digger
05-18-2004, 04:24 PM
ready... set..... :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Brad Lyon
05-18-2004, 04:50 PM
Very, very nice! See you in Kentucky......

Brad