PDA

View Full Version : Jefe's Big Adventures - Beantown & NE

Team Jefe
10-31-2003, 07:27 AM
My beautiful Donzi Girl, Aman…..da (aka AJ) is spending a few weeks in Boston. So, I decided I needed to head up there and keep her company this past weekend. OK… maybe it was ME who actually needed some company….but whatever the case…..I jumped a plane Thursday morning and headed to Canada.

(For those of you that are confused, I know Boston is not in Canada, but I’m a SE Texas guy, so anything North of the Red River is Canada to me).

I arrived Thursday Afternoon and was greeted by My beautiful girl in mini skirt, high heels and leather “Matrix” Coat……WOW what a sight for sore eyes. We then went outside to a beautiful Bostonian Day…….Freezing, OK 37 Deg. But this is well below freezing for me, and Rainy…welcome to New England in October.

Since it was pretty late, we decided to have a quiet night and headed out to Waltham to tour the campus of AJ’s Alma Mater, Bentley College. Very nice campus, hilly and picturesque. GO FALCONS ! ! !

Food, I needed food, so we went to the best Mexican Place in Waltham….Yes boys and girls, only I would go to Boston for Mexican food. We hit “On the Border” about 1930. I got a Combo dinner to try a few different things and I must admit it was pretty good. AJ had the chicken enchiladas and a couple of really good Long Island Ice Teas. We then had an EXCELLENT dessert, chocolate empanadas; Very Good Save room. After dinner, OTB (as it is called) was having a benefit for….somebody….and they had a prize wheel that anyone could spin, 2 for $5. AJ wanted a chance and spun the wheel 4 times. First spin she just missed the price “Win a night with Sam the Bar Tender”…geez, so close, then she won a free dessert, a $10 gift cert, and a Pacifico Beer sign. I’m taking this girl to Vegas !

After dinner we headed back to the hotel and got……reacquainted…………………. Oh, sorry I was thinking back.

Friday was “Travel Back in Time” day. First, Breakfast at Dunkin Donuts. Coffee Regular (Cream & Sugar), a Chocolate Covered and a Boston Kreme, plus some Munchkins for the road. AJ has not yet gotten addicted to coffee, so she had chocolate milk. We then headed out to Marshfield down Hwy 3A. What an adventure, just keeping up with knowing we were on 3A was a chore. I’m used to straight roads that go on for days, and Big huge signs that tell one where one is at all times. Well not in New England. I swear a road does not go straight for more than 300 yards, and there are NO road signs (sorry the little faded signs 6 inches off the ground, behind a bush don’t count as road signs). But, every time we though we were lost, God would step in and give us a sign. Actually, it was a beautiful drive, scenic little towns, fall foliage, very nice.

Marshfield is AJ’s Mother’s Hometown. AJ’s Grampy was the high school coach, and they owned Daniel Webster’s Estate, which they used as a day camp in the summer. The estate is now owned by the Historical Society, and AJ’s grandparents spend the summers in Maine and winters in Florida. It was really neat to see the estate and walk around the grounds. AJ would show me where things were set up, and all about the camp. It was really nice. Plus we got to see the local hangouts, and places she spent her summer days. We also went by and saw her great-uncle Charlie at his antique shop in Norwell.

Friday evening we headed to New Hampshire to get closer to Winni. I drove for the first time since we had to go back to the hotel in Waltham to get my wallet, I left it on the counter…hey it’s me, what do you expect. After getting lost about a thousand times, I finally got us to Manchester, where we had supper at Hooters. Not to dis my buddies in NH, but this was the worst Hooters I have ever been to. Poor service from Really Overweight girls. Plus it was impossible to get to. I’m convinced this it the place where Hooters sends the worst of the worst cause even the wings were bad. But we got our Hooters passports stamped and shot back to the Hotel for….some much needed sleep.

Saturday, was off to Winni. I drove again, and as usual got us lost. Again with Divine Intervention we actually found the right road and made it to Woodsy’s House. Dave and Nancy (Princess) treated us like Family. We hooked up the 22 and headed for the lake in Sub-zero arctic weather. We put in at Meredith Town Docks and did a fly by of Weir’s Beach, the Winni Bandits normal hangout. Then headed thru the channel to Paugus Bay and gassed up at Irwin’s. On our way out we saw Pete and Mo (congrats again on the engagement) and invited them for drinks later. I even saw Crazy Horse’s boat in Pete’s Slip. Then it was out on Winni, we went thru Eagle and by Governors Island (BIG $$$$$$ area) flew past the Witches (a semi-submerged boat eating island) and out to Wolfeboro. Can I just say, Winni is beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous, but I actually thought I was going to freeze to death. Dave and Amanda are riding along at Mach 2 with little jackets like a nice balmy day. Me, I’m dressed like Nanook of the North and still cold to my bones. It was so cold, AJ’s mascara started to run and froze to face and caused "mascarasicles" (Woodsy came up with that). On the other hand, I was having a great time. We decided we were coming back in the summer for a visit (this as well before Dave actually extended an invitation to do just that). Poker Run……ZF Class, I might just do OK with that kinda competition. He!! Amanda loved The 22, it is for sale, I’m itching for another boat, so who knows…….

We ended up at Weir’s Beach and Hooked up with Nancy, Pete & Mo at Rita’s…More Mexican Food. Plus drinks all around (I had Coffee to try and thaw out). This food was very good. I had Chicken Nachos that were really chicken meat with a little nacho. I ordered the Large, thinking is MIGHT be enough. Well Rita must be from Texas, cause the Large was about 3 times TOO much. Leave it to the Winni Trash to find such a great spot. Dave, Nancy thank you so much for your wonderful hospitality. You have about a dozen places to stay when you come to Texas, now you can add one more. You are welcome anytime. Pete, Mo same goes for you. It was great to meet y’all. As for the rest of you Bandits, you missed an opportunity to see ME…OK Amanda, but I was there too. However, never fear, your sadness can be tempered by the thoughts of us coming back next summer. Dave was kind enough to give me a Winni Bandits hat. Thanks Buddy, Amanda will really enjoy it. Only a fool would think I’d actually get to wear it.

After supper it was back to Boston to get hooked up with Ken & Martha Lessard. Of course that had to be an adventure. We got lost a few times, and missed every hwy exchange. I swear it is a conspiracy to make me go insane. We were to meet Ken & Martha at Faneuil Hall for a local comedy show. Well we made it to Boston…close to on time, but It took me about 7 hours to find Faneuil Hall in the Labyrinth that is downtown Boston. Finally we made it (the show was half over) and saw Steve Sweeny do his act about the people and things of Boston and New England. It had me in stitches, and I’ve never seen AJ laugh so hard…at least when we she wasn’t laughing AT ME. Afterwards we hung out in Faneuil Hall for a couple hours talking Boats (what else) and about Cape Cod (Kenny’s chosen waterway). With Amanda’s connection to the Cape, it was interesting conversation. Plus we’ve been invited to go fishing and boating next summer. Fishing, now there’s a novel concept. I might like some fishing.

We followed the Lessard’s to Brockton to get a hotel, but all were booked so we headed out to Norwell to find a place. Actually, there are NO hotels in these small towns. We drove for an hour (and that is a long time in New England) before finding a place. Thank God for Little Debbie’s snacks. The sugar content can keep you awake for days. I got my first taste of Boston Crème Pie Snacks….Jefe Likes. Finally we got in and crashed. Kenny, Martha it was wonderful to meet you, thanks for your hospitality. Same goes for you, come to Texas and we’ll treat you some many different ways, you’re bound to like some of them.

Sunday was a split day. We got up early to go have breakfast with Uncle Charlie, but that fell through. So AJ volunteered to go get Dunkin Donuts for us. She went on a little adventure of her own and finally found a shop about 15 miles away. When she got back she noticed there was a shop right on the other side of our hotel. That’s my little navigator. After breakfast we took a little “Nap” and woke up at 11:42 (and yes we had set the clocks back) so it was a mad dash to get checked out by noon. Most other, Non-Donzified women would never have made it. AJ was showered and ready in less that 10 minutes; talk about a trooper. A quick lunch at Chili’s then it was back to Boston’s Logan Airport to catch my plane. It was hard to leave that pretty girl behind, but Somebody’s got to work for a living. Just as we boarded, the captain comes on with a message that we will be delayed up to 75 minutes due to weather in Atlanta. Fortunately (I guess) my connecting flight in Atlanta was also delayed, so I made the flight, but didn’t get home until 2300.

Still in all a wonderful trip, great folks, good food, nice scenery, and an awesome traveling companion. I got to see allot of New England that most tourists don’t see. Like the Scituate Bait Shop (where we stopped to ask directions). Not bad, they had a nice selection of tackle and rigs, I was impressed (AJ actually did the direction asking, I was checking out the shop).

Thanks to all of you, especially you Miss Aman…….da.

Until the next adventure;
JEFE

Here are a few shots of my Donzi Girl:
Getting some Anti-freeze before the boat ride
http://www.donzi.net/photos/DJReid45.jpg

On Woodsy's 22
http://www.donzi.net/photos/DJReid46.jpg
http://www.donzi.net/photos/DJReid47.jpg

Your Fearless Hero...Freezing his A$$ Off going 90 mph in 40 below zero temps
http://www.donzi.net/photos/DJReid48.jpg

The source of my Frost Bite & Hypothermia, Woodsy's beautiful 22, Notice the tarp???
http://www.donzi.net/photos/DJReid49.jpg

Team Jefe
10-31-2003, 07:41 AM
Here are some of the shots Woodsy took
At his & Princess' house
http://www.donzi.net/photos/DJReid50.jpg

On the 22
http://www.donzi.net/photos/DJReid51.jpg

Inside Rita's...thawing out
http://www.donzi.net/photos/DJReid53.jpg

The Winni Bandits favorite Watering Hole
http://www.donzi.net/photos/DJReid54.jpg

JimG
10-31-2003, 08:04 AM
Red River's *SS! To us Gulf Coast Texans, everything north of Conroe is the The Great White North!
:o
You are a lucky man, mi Amigo! Amanda is just plain GORGEOUS! :D

Great story! Wish you were joining us for CAPTWK's Bigass Blowout Halloween Bash & Sexy Costume Contest. We'll try not to have any fun, since you won't be there! :)

Oh, yeah (not to rub it in for our northern friends) were BOATING ON SATURDAY! WX is calling for 85 degrees, sunny and breezy! It's thong-time!

JimG

TMANN
11-01-2003, 08:15 AM
Looks like you had a busy couple of days.. At least it was with a beautiful girl and eek! some Donzi's. Man you need to bring AJ out more as I have not got to meet her yet!!! Very Nice. Anyways glad it worked out so perfect

TMANN

KMLFAMILY
11-01-2003, 06:10 PM
Jefe, I am glad we were able to meet up and everyone enjoyed themselves.Martha & I look forward to meeting again.Hopefully do some boating next time.Amanda is a sweetheart.

Tom Davis
11-05-2003, 08:06 AM
Hey Jefe,

Sorry we missed you that weekend, had I known you were in town, I would have come up and joined the party! AJ is a very beautiful woman, your a lucky man. You two have to come back this summer for the poker run weekend, it's much warmer....

Tom Davis
Winni Bandits

boldts
11-05-2003, 03:44 PM
Jefe, your a writer right? Man, what a great account of your weekend. We need to see more pictures of AJ in the Donzi Girl section. She is beautiful. I don't know how you could be in TX while she is in Boston. The shot of you in the parka is priceless. I remember moving to Houston from PA where we of course had cold weather. It would get down to 60 and everyone would be complaining how cold it was while we were running around in short sleeve shirts.

Woodsy, give us a picture of what's under the blue and white cover with a big Johnson hanging off the back. Is it another 22 with some skunk works going on there? BTW, the yellow 22 Classic looks great. Good luck with the sale.

Team Jefe
11-05-2003, 04:08 PM
Tom - Amanda, I and The Revenge will be back. Winni is a beautiful lake, I think between us and the HM we have the makings of a Winni Bandits Texas Auxillary.

Scott - Thanks for the complement. I don't write for a living, but I really enjoy telling stories. It helps growing up in a family full of English Teachers. My Mom, 2 Aunts, 4 Second Cousins, 3 First Cousins, Both my Grandmothers, 3 of 4 great grandmothers, and a great-great grandmother.

Mom and I actually would write term papers for people when I was in High School and College. They'd do the research and outline the paper, Mom and I would flesh it out for them. At one point I was a walking Thesaurus.

Its really alot of fun, plus I can go back and read the stories and have a good laugh about what happened. I'm glad others enjoy them too.

JEFE

Crazy Horse
11-06-2003, 05:11 PM
Jefe & Amanda: I too am sorry that my schedule had me away when you were in town. Looks like you had a good time...hope to meet up with you on your next visit.

Woodsy
11-07-2003, 12:14 PM
Jefe & Amanda...

Sorry it took so long to post.. I lost track of where this thread was, and I have been busy trying to explain engineering to the masses.. LOL

It was GREAT to have you guys up for the day on Winni. Princess & I had an AWESOME time hanging with you Texans. As far as that goes, haven't met a Texan yet I didn't like... that state is batting 1000. I hope you guys come up again, as you will always have a place to stay. Next time come during the warmer weather, when we can have some real fun, and I can rally up a few more Bandits.. Unless of course you want to be introduced to the winter sport up here of snowmobiling... :D :D

Woodsy

PS: The boat is still in the water... expected temps for boating this weekend will be mid 30's... it was low 50's when we went... BRRR!

CDMA
11-08-2003, 04:47 PM
Wood,

You don't remember meeting Todd? wink wink

Chris

Key West...soon please soon

Digger
12-20-2003, 05:54 AM
Jefe, I don't know how I missed this post before, but thanks for a great story very well told! (also the pics don't suck. great looking lady!) The Winni Bandits are definitely a varsity crowd, a great bunch of folks. You need to make sure you do go back in the summer for the poker run, don't miss it.