PDA

View Full Version : Want to plant a bug!

MOP
10-21-2003, 10:47 PM
Everyone I speak with wants to do the 1000 Islands again, what about doing it on the same week end as the poker run? It is a bit warmer first week in August, any input?

roadtrip se
10-22-2003, 10:37 AM
The weather is not normally like it was in the 1000 Islands this year, so I say leave it where it is. It was nice to have a major July event and I really wouldn't want to compete with the Poker Runners for river and hotel space. Now as for the hotel venue, that would be another story.

While we are on the topic of scheduling, we are still kicking arounnd 8/15/04 as a possible weekend for the first annual St. Clair MADCOW
(Michigan Area Donzi Cruisers on Water) Blow Out. We have logistical issues, but the St Clair Inn and the St Clair Yacht Basin seem to be the primary candidate for putting this thing on.

Would you guys come and what do you think of the weekend?

Todd
"The Thread Stealer...."

Brad Lyon
10-22-2003, 11:33 AM
Todd,

Is that the weekend prior to the Woodward Dream Cruise?

Brad

roadtrip se
10-22-2003, 12:38 PM
Brad,

Do you think they would let us show off the Classics on Woodward? Not sure the Excursion would be welcome pulling it, but it is a muscle car/truck in its own right. I could pull it down there with the EX and then park it behind the Cobra and nobody would know the difference.

Any way, what are you getting at? I think the Winni Poker Run was the weekend before this year also.

Confused...

Todd :( :( frown

bverd
10-22-2003, 01:12 PM
Just $.02 to think about. Winnie is late in July, and the NorthEast Poker Run is early in August, while nothing that I can think of is late in August.

Personally, I would love to come up, but if it conflicts or pushes the schedule too close it will be difficult.

--bverd

MOP
10-22-2003, 02:31 PM
Todd excellent point on the hotel thing, and poker runs are almost a weekly thing during the season. Squash that Bug!

Phil

boxy
10-22-2003, 05:59 PM
M.O.P. it won't work Poker Run weekend for 2 reasons, first off we'll get run over :D , and second you'd have to do it with out Frank and myself, as we will be in the run.
Trip, the hotel situation is under control, the crtieria, as I see it, and please correct me or add anything I've missed, are safe docks, clean afforadable rooms, walking distance to the Islander, and a place to fire up the blender.... did I miss anything.

Dr. Dan
10-22-2003, 06:28 PM
Boxman, I think you got it all! Todd as far as St. Clair, I agree with Brad, lookin at the 2004 Calender it looks like the 21st or 28th(Sat) in August would be ideal....I would like to try to make a Michigan run next year....but it would seriously depend on the schedule...I'm pretty committed to the 1000 Isles Gig....I think it was one of the most fun Events Liz and I did this Season...in spite of Mother Nature...and the sudden misplacement of some "Head Gear" :D As I recall here is the Tentative 2004 Event Schedule:

AOTH IV Late May
LG DustOff June 12th
1000 Isles July 10th or 17th
Winnie Poker Run July 24th
Thunder On the Bay August 7th
MADCOW Event August ? :p
LG Fall Picnic Sept. 4th or 11th
Sarasota Drunk & Dunk Sept. 18th or 25th

And a likely NEW REGIONAL EVENT from the Atlantic Coast Donzi Dudes...schedule and venue yet to be determined wink

Doc of the Bay :cool:

MOP
10-22-2003, 07:05 PM
The later in July the better, no prob missing begining of August poker run. As most know I sell holes in the water so my summer sucks, including 1000 islands and trip to buy 22 I have had 9 days off since March 11, do really do some hard night partying!. My best time is very late July or early August! Seeing when the Wini run is I may leave my boat up with onre of the guys and make that one.

Phil

Brad Lyon
10-22-2003, 07:43 PM
Todd,

I guess my thought was if it was the same weekend as the Woodward Dream Cruise, then maybe after a day of boating, we “locals” could take some of our friends from out of town to see the largest muscle/antique/exotic car event in the world for some evening entertainment. I know many of us are car buff’s as well. Last year there were over 30 thousand cars at the Dream Cruise (http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/2003/history.html).

Brad

boxy
10-22-2003, 08:34 PM
Dr. Dan:
I think it was one of the most fun Events Liz and I did this Season...in spite of Mother Nature...and the sudden misplacement of some "Head Gear" :D What head gear ???????

http://www.donzi.net/photos/twisted2a.JPG

Oh this head gear ..... :D :D

http://www.donzi.net/photos/twisted1a.JPG

Dr. Dan
10-22-2003, 10:18 PM
:D :p :D So that's where I left that? wink

olredalert
10-23-2003, 10:32 AM
Boxy,

------I have to say that is one of the finest fridges I have ever laid eyes on.If only it was self stocking you would have it made!......Bill S

goatee
11-19-2003, 10:22 AM
i thought i smelled guinness over here.... :D

Tom Davis
11-20-2003, 09:51 AM
Hey Boxy, Nice fridge! What no Red Bull/Grey Goose??? :cool:

Tom Davis
Winni Bandits