PDA

View Full Version : Lake St. Clair Pre-AOTH Warmup (May 17)

Ranman
05-06-2003, 07:51 AM
Hello everyone! It looks like the Michigan guys are going to have our first of many informal gatherings this season on Lake St. Clair. We will be hitting the water on Saturday, May 17 for a Pre-AOTH Warmup. There isn't an official meeting place, however, a few of us will be launching at the mouth of the Clinton River on South River Road. Others will be coming from the North near Algonac.

Usually, we get together as early as possible 8:00-9:00am to take advantege of the calm water for some good high speed running. This will be followed up with lunch at one of the lakeside restaurants. After lunch we often run over to Gull Island, Metro Beach or Muscamoot Bay to sit back and relax for a bit.

If you're planning on joining us, please reply to this post and we will cooridnate the arrivals and departures as we get closer to the date. Hope to see you there!!!

boldts
05-06-2003, 12:04 PM
Beth said she wanted to see St.Clair. We'll see how enthusiastic she is when I tell her we need to leave at 4 to 4:30AM. :D I'll probably launch at South River so I can meet up with Randy and others. Left at Metro correct? I think I remember where it is. wink Looking forward to seeing you all again. Ole Red, I'd like to see an El Pescador. I've not seen that model Donzi yet in person. Doug, I need a ride in an 18 to go with the rides in Sam and Jamie's 16s. Ranman, a ride in a new 28ZX maybe? I'm crossing both fingers and toes for good weather!

Ranman
05-06-2003, 01:12 PM
Scott, Yes, to get to the Sheriff's Launch it's a left on Jefferson at the Metro Beach entrance and then a right on South River Road. South River Road ends at the launch site. Hopefully there won't be any green muck to hold us up this time, lol.

Jamie, it's South River Road, not North.

Sam, I apologize, I did not see your original post regarding the same date and I mistakenly started a new thread.

Doug L, Donzified, olred, Doug G, Brad Lyon, Jwright, Tony.... where are you guys :D ????

Brad Lyon
05-06-2003, 03:22 PM
Randy, my boat is still in my pole barn up north and that is the weekend we were going to go up north and open our place up for the summer. However, since we will be missing AOTH III maybe we will put off opening our place up for another weekend and come out to see everyone on the 17th. As I posted in Sam's thread if we do come out to Lake St. Clair I will not have a boat so we (Kim and I) will need to bum rides. Anyone going to have any extra room?

Brad

roadtrip se
05-06-2003, 04:51 PM
So Randy,

If you are organizing a "pre-AOTH3" gathering for the Michigan gang, does that mean a certain 18 Classic will be finding its way down I-75 to Kentucky the weekend after Memorial Day?

Seems only right!

Hope to see you there!

Todd

Ranman
05-06-2003, 10:01 PM
Brad,

I'm sure there will be plenty of empty seats. You're welcome to ride with me (if you dare :) ) Come on down, boat or no boat, you and Kim are of course welcome, we'll bounce you around a few boats for fun.

Todd, I wish, but it's not gonna happen. frown

goatee
05-06-2003, 11:28 PM
i'd like to come meet you guys. (as long as there is an empty seat for the donzi challenged?)

boldts
05-06-2003, 11:38 PM
Ranman, you and Jenn at AOTH! Man we need the Winni spirit there and you guys are like 3/4 Winni Bandit right? The word mouch doesn't exsist at a Donzi gathering. We'll make room for you both. Even if you can't bring the Donzi, I know Jenn likes Digger's 33. We'll have a ride for you. You need to ride in the Somerville Edition 22! I may need a lady driver so I can get an extra ticket in the radar run competition. If not Beth, Jenn would be welcome to drive the 22 if she wanted. Lord knows I won't have the fastest 22 there! Need all the help I can get! I soooo want to drive a Reindl BatBoat :D

Digger
05-07-2003, 05:45 AM
Ranman is an excellent driver! an excellent driver... yeah... have fun out there!!

Randy btw, remember my buddy Jeff? due in no small part to that boat ride, and that day on the water on St Clair, he bought a new boat a couple weeks ago! A Chapparal, perfect for his big family.

Tony
05-07-2003, 04:46 PM
Hey guys, I just found this thread...guess I haven't been a thorough Registry surfer as of late. Spring at school is often busy...my son plays tennis and I help at practices whenever I can...not to mention attending all matches. You only have kids once, and if you're not careful they are all grown up before you even know it!

My Donzi is currently in Hudsonville having the cooling situation worked on, if it is ready in time I would love to join up with you all. I'll monitor this thread to stay updated.

Doug G
05-07-2003, 05:01 PM
Hey everybody,

Would love to make it. Boat is being worked on (gimbal ring dropped??) :confused: , so it may not be ready. If I can find a day other than the 17th to prep it, we'll join you, but will have to bum rides.
Hope to see you then!!

Doug

olredalert
05-07-2003, 05:52 PM
------Ill be launching the big boat in St.Clair at the marina.Up here I think its the only ramp with enough water under the keel.Keep us informed where to meet.If anyone wants to meet me in St.Clair and ride south it would be great.Lots of good scenery on the 15 mile ride down to Harsens.Looking forward to this!!!!!!!!.......Bill S......ol red!

Sam
05-07-2003, 09:08 PM
Bill, the ramp in DTWN Algonac would be fine for you. If you need a hand I can meet you there.

Sam

Ranman
05-08-2003, 08:35 AM
Sam and Bill,

Do you guys want to drop in and meet us over at the Clinton ramp at about 9:00am? Scott, Jamie and I will be launching from there. Maybe we could then do the run we did last year when Jamie and Doug came out. We should also think about a lunch spot cause if the water is down another 10", we'll never get into "The Raft". Is there somewhere else that has enough water and Docking?

Would planning to be launched and underway by 9:00am sound good?

olredalert
05-08-2003, 08:58 AM
Sam,

------I put on at that ramp last season and mowed down alot of seaweed.Also put a couple of furrows in.Now its 10 inches lower!!!!!I love the St Clair ramp.The trip south is fun,although that early in the morning there may be a little nip in the air!Oh well,I havent packed my ski-parka away yet...........Bill S.........ol red!

Sam
05-08-2003, 05:18 PM
Bill, just let me what time, we can meet in front of the Harbor Club area.

Sam :D

olredalert
05-08-2003, 07:43 PM
------Hopefully,weather permitting,Ill be pulling the "El P" back from its nice dry storage tomorrow and start to put it back together.Just cushions and batteries and stuff so I should be done quick.Would like to go out for a short(or long)test over the weekend sometime.Hope the sun comes out!!!!!!!!......Bill S.....ol red!

Brad Lyon
05-14-2003, 07:34 PM
Per www.weather.com (http://www.weather.com) it should be partly cloudy and a high around 66 degrees on Saturday. I asked Kim if she was going to go with me and her response was "Is there going to be any other women there?" Any answers anyone?

Brad

KRAVEN
05-14-2003, 07:57 PM
Liz and I will be on Harsen's Island Friday night.The boat is ready to go just need to splash it.Hope to see you all Saturday.
Kraven Morehead and Fonda Peters

olredalert
05-14-2003, 08:37 PM
-----Jan wont be up for the splash time at all,so shes out!You saw a better weather report than I saw just now.Chance of rain Thursday thru Saturday.
-----With that said,Im ready to go.Havent used the boat since Sarasota last year and have no idea how much juice is in the tank,so Ill put a splash in on the way to the ramp.
-----So whats everybody else got to say?????.......Bill S.....ol red!

Sam
05-14-2003, 09:10 PM
Kraven, so does this mean that you are going to join us?

Sam

boldts
05-14-2003, 09:17 PM
Rain got to Columbus earlier than the weather guys said it would today and I'm East of you all. (Darn it. I guess the rest of the lawn will have to wait until Sunday.) I'm hoping the past experiences will continue. I've left Columbus in pouring down rain to get up to the MI border and not only did the rain stop, but the sun was shinning :) Beth still hasn't said yes to coming with me, so it looks like I will have some space in my 22 for anyone needing a ride. :D

Ranman
05-15-2003, 09:54 AM
As of Thursday at 10:45am, weather.com shows Saturday at Partly Cloudy with a high of 68F. It's looking good.

Brad, normally Jenn would be coming with me, but she's still not healed enough to be pounded in a Donzi. Kim's just like on of the guys, tell her to come out and we'll entertain her. :D

Sam/Bill

Like I said before (to Sam), if you guys are not at the Clinton launch by the time we're ready to go, we'll head up in the general direction of Decker's to meet up. I'm just saying this so you don't think you have to rush or anything to get to us. Take your time and if you guys meet us great, if not, we'll come hunting for you. wink

Brad Lyon
05-15-2003, 11:35 AM
Randy, I will see what she says, I am not sure she thinks of herself as one of the guys! I will be at the ramp between 8:30 and 8:45 am.

Brad

KRAVEN
05-15-2003, 08:06 PM
I will try getting up at 6am.to launch.Hopefully there will be enough water.Look forward to seeing everyone Saturday.
Bill and Liz

Sam
05-15-2003, 08:55 PM
Kraven, I'll be heading out from Algonac around 8:15.....Brrrrrr.

Sam

jwright
05-16-2003, 09:03 AM
Have fun guys! I am going got be up north for my g/f's aunts b-day party etc... BUT I will take the boat and get on the water so it will be good.... I will try and make it down this summer...

Tony
05-16-2003, 05:42 PM
Jamie or Randy,

Call my cell if you get this tonight...I'm thinkin about coming over, sans 16.

Thanks!
517-290-7342

Brad Lyon
05-16-2003, 09:22 PM
So it looks like this is the list of attendees:

Randy Oak
Scott Boldt
Jamie Root
Sam Pilato
Goatee
Tony Sporer
Doug Glendening
Bill Stephenson
Bill Kalinowski
Liz Kalinowski
Brad Lyon
Kim Lyon

I just checked Weather.com again and it looks like it should be partly cloudy and a high of 70 degrees. We should have a nice day!

Brad

boldts
05-17-2003, 03:20 AM
It's 4:15 I'm up, out the door and heading your way. Looking forward to a wonderful day with friends and letting the ponies run :D eek! :D