PDA

View Full Version : Lake Lanier AOTH Warm-up

Tomahawk
04-26-2003, 10:12 PM
Some of us Georgia Donzi Fanatics will be meeting at our place on Lake Lanier on Sunday, May 11th just to be sure everyone is running well before heading for Lake Cumberland on the 29th. I call it the Boats, Burgers and Beverage Run.
Anyone that would like to join us and check out Lake Lanier, is welcome to do so. Meet at our place about noon, run for a couple hours starting at 1:00 and back for burgers etc at "Tom's Live Bait and Sushi Shop." E-mail me if you would like directions.
http://www.donzi.net/photos/ACF769.jpg

olemissalum
05-06-2003, 03:40 PM
Let's hope the weather clears up by this weekend. Is really nasty around here today!!!

ToonaFish
05-07-2003, 06:38 AM
Slight chance of precip. according to Boating God Burns, but don't worry, it won't dare rain on the Donzi parade.

Bunches,

Celene 'white water rafted through our back pasture yesterday'

ToonaFish
05-11-2003, 09:32 PM
I am, on occasion, wrong.

But never for long.

Some of the less diehard partygoers left after eating a typically sumptuous Riggle meal... yeah, yeah, yeah, they blamed having to go home to their wives. Face it, it was cold and raining, and their bellies were full. They waited hours, but even the Weather Channel agreed that Georgia was under a cloud with no silver boating lining. And I accept complete responsibility for publicly daring a rather vindictive Mother Nature. It was Mother's Day, after all, and she wanted to make sure we knew to bow to her power.

But, even she couldn't deny Donzi lovers a jaunt!

It cleared enough for an intrepid few to venture out in the drizzle... and the further and faster we went, the more beautiful the day became. Ah, the power of Donzis to make even the sun shine! Tomahawk led us over to the lakeside Grizzly Den, where we were joined by Lil Griz, and then we were off to explore a virtually empty, glassy Lanier.

My first Bad Tat ride was during last year's 3B Bash at the Riggles'... goodness, how she has changed! Don't get me wrong, she is still a thrill a minute, but my knuckles aren't even sore after today's trip. She's totally in control, much quicker to come up on plane, and I swear her roostertail is longer and wider than ever. She gave us one good jounce on a hidden roller to remind us that she's still got an evil trick or two, but she acts nearly civilized these days. (I'm sure that Bateman's piloting skills and his buying lots of jewelry for her transom have nothing to do with any of these improvements in her attitude!) :rolleyes:

Half the fun of riding shotgun at a Donzi event is watching the other boats... and Tomahawk and Lil Griz gave me quite a show. Tom made his boat dance just on the edge of our roostertail, daring the spray to touch the pristine Tomahawk. He may well be correct in his assertion that driving through the Tat tail would completely swamp a boat... but I think she's fast enough to survive the soaking. Tomahawk, as always, personifies Donzi to me... she makes it look so simple to race across the water, eating the rough with a ladylike grace; she absolutely glows Donziness from any distance.

Lil Griz, on the other hand, gave me a whole new appreciation for the athleticism of a ZX and her Donzi heritage. She was everywhere at once, always on the lookout for a wake to conquer, a race to win. She took a heart-stopping amount of twisting air over a cruiser wake... I'm still trying to figure out how Marc righted her at that altitude, without losing any ground or any limbs. And one with the boat? Heck, have him show you his and the 22's matching scars.

I'm going to have to call in sick tomorrow... there is simply no hope of wiping this Donzi-induced, goofy grin off my face by the morning. No one will believe I wasn't doing serious drugs or worse. eek!

Oh, and lots of ears should have been burning today (in a warm, fuzzy way wink ), as we caught up on all the news during the cookout (cook-in?) with Skip Phebus, Joe and Deb Pruissano, the Big and Littlest Grizs', Chis Hatcher, and OleMissAlum. My poor head is still spinning from trying to follow all the conversations at once... we are an interesting bunch!

Thanks again to Tom and June for opening their home to all of us and making it such a pleasure to share our passion. I feel perfectly dialed in for AOTH!

Bunches,

Celene "still wrong about taking my top off before a 76mph cruise... sunburn isn't anything to the windburn I'm sporting..."

ToonaFish
05-12-2003, 10:41 AM
Oh, and not to let any cats out of the bag, but the Tomahawk will have the most awe inspiring tow vehicle, bar none, at AOTH... double and triple takes won't suffice as she leads our caravan!

Bunches,

Celene "fearful of the wrecks she might havoc on I75"

Bad-Tat
05-12-2003, 09:10 PM
Many thanks to Mr Tomhawk and his 3B bash. Great company, food and a super run after the rain showers! Found out Bad-Tat has no cockpit sole drains!!! Guess what I did tonight?
Sorry about the wind burn Toona! If only Lanier was that empty all the time! What a great run from north to south! 3 Donzi 22's flying! :D

olemissalum
05-12-2003, 10:11 PM
Sorry I missed it but I spent most of today drying the boat out!!! The carpet must have weighed about 40 pounds :D Nice to put some faces with the names on the board. Thanks again to Tom and June, next year we will have to put a clamp on Toonafish so as to avoid the weather mojo eek!