PDA

View Full Version : Things I learned from PK (possum Kingdom)

harbormaster
09-29-2003, 12:45 AM
Things I learned from PK

Hah! Everyone knows that Texans know everything already....

Just got in 12:30am.

Will post stuff tomorrow. A good time was had by all. We had a dynamite barrelback show up with a new member, Cig. He is lots of fun and be a perfect fit to our group.

DonCig
09-29-2003, 12:53 AM
Glad you and Kim got home safe and sound. You two did a great job with this event and my family is still talking abount the gracious Texas hospitality that you two displayed.

Thanks,

Tamm

TMANN
09-29-2003, 01:13 AM
Scott I just got in around 1:00 AM. The cop that pulled me over just wanted to search the boat. Crazy... Just my luck. He let me go after that. Now I am home at last. Thanks for the help with everything this weekend.
Im still trying to figure out a good way to thank everyone for there help this weekend!!! Everyone was great. :)

That was a great weekend would not miss it next year for anything.

TMANN :)

Darrell
09-29-2003, 08:32 AM
Hey Guys:

Janet and I made it in @ 8:00 pm last night. What a great time we had, Mark can sure do some cooking, everyone was so much fun to be around, I got to see a 38ZR up close :cool: , thanks to the great folks at Extreme Marine from Dallas. They showed up also with a 33ZX (twin 500HP), 28ZX (twin 6.2) and 29ZX0 (twin 6.2). We are looking forward to the next event we can make (thinking harder about the AOTH next year).

Darrell and Janet

harbormaster
09-29-2003, 09:06 AM
Many thanks to the following folk who helped make this event a rowsing success!

Oklahoma's Darrel and Janet who handled the shirts and location for this event.

Texas' Mark Horn for bringing the wheeled BBQ pit and for doing most of the grilling.

Texas' Jeff Reid for cooking some Killer food(awesome Breakfasts, Cajun pork chops, and shrimp Etouffe). Also for being the cliff diving team captain of the red bikini patrol.

Texas' Sig Emerson for bringing his 67 barrelback to a gathering with people he did not even know! He surprised us all.

Colorado's Darrel, Colleen & Ryan for driving the furthest distance with their sweet 18.

I think the final total was 12 - 13 boats.

Alot of use talked about doing one of these gettogethers at Lake Travis.

Biskit
09-29-2003, 09:37 AM
You guys and the gathering were a great time. I'm hurting all over and can only imagine how my Johnny must feel. Johnny, thanks for holding on to Molly. Ditto from Molly. I'm really looking forward to next year and its been a day. Thanks to you all for taking me in under your wings. Sig

farmer tx
09-29-2003, 12:26 PM
Mark & I made it into town around 10 or 10:30, put the boat away and got to bed around 1:00. Kept trying to get online last night but our server was down and has been until now. I just came home for lunch to eat leftover fajitas! We had a great time and are glad to hear everyone made it home ok.

Polly

harbormaster
09-29-2003, 12:37 PM
We all learned that Jefe previously made a living as a cliff diver.

(4mb video)

Jefe Cliff Diver (http://www.donzi.net/photos/109_0947.mov)

RearGuard
09-29-2003, 01:19 PM
Thanks for making me feel welcome and allowing me to join in on your event. Ya'll are some great folks, but we would have all starved without Mark and Jeff's great job on the grill. Can't wait to see the photos.

Rick

TMANN
09-29-2003, 01:48 PM
I learned to make sure Mark (FarmerTX) is going to be there before you bring your trailer. He is great at all thing broken. Thanks again Mark for fixing my trailer and letting me help.
As for Jon he is doing fine.
He was checked out this morning and had three broken ribs a cracked pelvis, busted mouth and a torn shoulder muscle. It’s better than we thought at first because the first doctor said four ribs broken. He is doing fine just trying not to move and resting. Thanks to everyone that helped and made this trip great!!! We will be going back next year for sure...

TMANN :)

RearGuard
09-29-2003, 02:24 PM
TMANN, tell Jon to have his doctor give him some SONATA so he can sleep, if he has a problem in that area. It worked miracles for me and has no next morning effects at all. His doc will know about it. BTW, nice boat!

Hotspare
09-29-2003, 02:50 PM
Well Guy's ...... I think it's Safe to Say, the Folks at BassHallow know what a "DONZI" is Now .............LOL.. Being the last to leave at about 09:30 this morning, I noticed the Ladies in the Front Office Wearing Donzi T's ..... Had to Laugh !!!!!!!!! We had a Great Time also, just wishing we had gotten ther a little sooner ....... Just like to thank, Mark & Polly, Darrell, HarborMaster, and their Better's for keeping this thing together ...... Xtreme Marine for their support, and everyone else that we met for sharing there good times with us ........ Sig .... You are the Man !!!!!!!!! Showin up in short order with that Narly BarrellBack eek! You Guy's be cool ,,,, Se Ya on The Boards .......... Bruce.

Shark in the Pond
09-29-2003, 06:31 PM
Indeed one hell of a weekend,thank's to all involved in making this a great event !

DonCig
09-30-2003, 07:40 AM
Some pics from this last weekend at PK.
http://www.donzi.net/photos/ACF70.jpg
http://www.donzi.net/photos/ACF75.jpg
http://www.donzi.net/photos/ACF77.jpg
http://www.donzi.net/photos/100EOS1D-832F1232_832F1232.jpg

Team Jefe
09-30-2003, 07:53 AM
Who's Cliff? wink

Well I had to do something, I didn't have a boat to impress the Bikini Patrol with.

Darrell
09-30-2003, 09:42 AM
I want to thank a few folks for thier help in making the TRII a great success.

Mike Flowers and his crew (Extreme Marine) for making the trip and bringing some great boats. I know I got some great info on Donzi products and feel that we have great dealer in our area now.

Chris Prescot of Fattowels for donating a Donzi towel for the event. Farmer TX and Polly were the lucky folks that got the towel. What is a Fattowel? For the ones that don't know it's the ulimate towel, 6.6ft x 3.3ft 40oz high quality towel with the Donzi logo on it. They are one of the Donzi partners and you can check them out at www.fattowels.com (http://www.fattowels.com) , we have one and love it.

Sheila at Hawaiian Tropic who kept us safe from rays of the Texas sun with thier products. Jill, Polly, Kim and Freightdogs daughter also recieved some cool red and white tote bags full of Hawaiian Tropic products.

Boss Hollow who were the best host and allowed us to have major cookouts right outside our rooms and donated some pizzas to us.

Mark, Polly and Jefe for cooking some of the best food I have ever had. Hats off to them Texans, I thought we could cook here in Okla., those guys are in the big leagues. Plus Polly gave everyone a great TRII event mix CD.

Last but not least, Scot and Kim are such great folks, they make you feel like you were a old friend as soon as you meet them. Scot gave us all shirts, mugs ,gifts and gave a GPS to Don for the longest hual.

It's really worth the trip next year for as many folks that can make it, you will have a great time.

Darrell

Team Jefe
09-30-2003, 09:07 PM
What Jefe Learned...

1. Them Boys in Oklahoma roll their joints all wrong...but they do bring bring pretty girls with them.

2. Scot V. is alright, I don't care what JimG says...and he brought a pretty girl along for the ride.

3. FarmerTX can fix anything from "slap yo' mama" fajitas to an unfixable wheel hub...and he brought a pretty girl with him.

4. Don gave me a new appreciation for an 18 w/o a boot stripe, very cool....and he brought a pretty girl with him.

5. Freightdog used to fly choppers on the GOM hopping around the rigs I normally fish.....and he brought TWO pretty girls, one with little pig tails, you know I really like pig tails..what do you mean she's not 18?

6. Tmann has the coolest 22 paint scheme I have ever seen...and he brought THREE pretty girls.

7. Cig brought a girl as well, but that little b!tch turned on me...are you SURE she's not my ex-wife?

8. Guys w/o boats don't have pretty girls with them and they become the Kitchen B!tch.

9. Todd should have made the trip.....more on that later.

10. Almost everyone likes Tropatini's, Thanks RAE. Polly doesn't like them, but then as much as I love her, she is a little strange.

11. Kevin & Rick were troopers in the Official Photo Boat of the 2003 Donzi Texas Roundup.

12. Donzi Owners are an awesome bunch. I had a blast and can't wait for the next get together. Thanks for letting me tag along :D .

JEFE

DonCig
09-30-2003, 09:46 PM
Jefe,

I will gladly exchange my green chile recipe for your etouffee recipe (I'm sure I spelled it wrong) . We had the leftovers tonight and they were awesome. Thanks a bunch. I think you are the best male chef I have known. It was great meeting everyone. By the way, Don doesn't normally let me chat on his ID so this is it.

Take care

Colleen (maybe a donzi girl)

DonCig
09-30-2003, 10:26 PM
Hey, If Jefe, Zefe the "Master" can post 12 nice comments, I can post 13.

1. To Mark and Polly for the first initial contact to come join the crew. Mark, you are a credit to your region. You now what I mean. Polly, you raised 3 girls and still have pizazz, You know what I mean! Thanks.

2. Scot, thanks for a 5 star rating. I have found a new friend in Houston.

3. To Darrell and Janet. One to Darrell for the most tender steaks that I have had in a long time. Darell, if you dont send me the name of the butcher, I will post the most seductive pictures of Janet the registry has ever seen! On the other hand, this group would call you up to withhold the information. So I beg of you, send me the butchers number. Janet, nice RED suit!

4. To Sig and Mollie, what can I say but glad to see you have a landing that you can walk away from. Sig, do not let anyone see the pictures of you with the jello cups. For "our eyes only" Mr. Dewers. By the way, thanks for the best picture that I took all weekend!

5. To the georgeous Red Bikini ladies, what can I say but, Thanks!

6. Jefe, the only Donzi Man that was up at 5 a.m. and still serving Tropotini's at midnight. I am glad my chidren are sons! You are one great chef and always welcome in our house, with adult supervision, of course!
By the way, nice cliff dive!

7. Tmann, for just being a nice individual. Sometimes a rarity today.

8. Kevin & Rick, for knowing how to have a good time, without wanting any more than that. You guys are always welcome in my house.

9. To Mike Flowers and Dan. Who is Dan you ask? He is Mikes parts manager that makes Mike look good! Mike, thanks for making an appearance, may it bring you rewards.

10. To Bass Hollow, pizzas for shirts, is there any limit? Scot V. could trade a used waterpump for a New Bravo drive!

11, 12, 13, 14, 15. All for Kim VanAlstine. What higher rating can I give to this women that made this trip so enjoyable!

The Tamm's
Don, Colleen and Ryan

Darrell
10-01-2003, 10:08 AM
Don:

Quartz View Meat Co. (580)477-1390, I'am posting this because I like you and for your protection, ya see the little lady has a wee bit of temper and I don't think that you would be safe just because you live Colo. :D

Darrell

DonziGal
10-01-2003, 02:52 PM
Hi Guys:

This one of my rare post, but here are some of my takes on the weekend.

1) Scot & Kim are just the nicest people, Thanks for the shirt and mug.
2) Mark is the "Grill Master", Thanks for all the great food.
3) Polly and Jill, my partners on the "Red bikini team" Are we going with red next year also?
4) Jeff (Jefe), the life of the party, Thanks for the cooking and the Tropatini's as Darrell said drink enough and you'll drop your bikini
5) Mike Flowers the 38ZR is the coolest.
6) Phillip, you can take some great photos, awesome jello shots and thanks for bring your crew, say hi to Jon for me.
7) Don & Colleen, can't believe someone would pull a boat that far untill I was there. You were a great addition to the Texas and Okie bunch.
8) Bruce you have a awesome boat and a super family, your daughter was so much fun to talk with.
9) Rearguard, you are very nice guy and Darrell and I said it wouldn't suprise us to see you in a Donzi next year.
10) Cig, great yellow boat you have, don't let the wave get you down, things just happen. You and Molly will be back next year...Right.

See ya next year;

Janet

Shark in the Pond
10-01-2003, 07:29 PM
And now the rest of the story ,

1. Scot and Kim , I think you guy's are great thank's for everything Scot one great lady you have there take good care of her !

2.Don is the man when it come's to photo's I looked over one time and never seen so much camera before ,nice family and you to are alway's welcomed here , that boy of yours is like mine always in the water hope there is no moss growing on them :D

3.Darrell and Janet, more great folk's they let me go out with them Sat and your boat rock's! Love the meat inside the teardrops you made ,nice upgrade ,Janet ,yes wear red next yr it's working

4.Mark and Polly , Mark is the grill master and I loved being your grunt ,by the time is was ready to eat I was full from all the samples ,Polly is a sweetie thank's for making me feel like family.

5.Jefe ... I'm thinking with the right amount of booze you and I could have story's to tell the grand kid's ,I would love to go out in the salt with you and go fishing on your boat sometime!
How do I make them killer chops you brought ?

6.Bruce ,Like's it on the edge ,tab's up and haul butt ,he gave me a ride I won't forget soon eek! I enjoyed our visit in Hells Gate ,maybe I can make it to lake Lewisville next yr. ifso I will give you a call !

7.Cig,what can you say ...cool kat, laid back,nice to visit with you also ,do you have a website for work would like to see some of your work on them rod's !

8.Tman and group ... more good folk's,sorry I did not get to visit with you much other then floating around the group in Hells Gate and getting ALL them jello shot's thank's guys ,I sure hope your bro has a speedy recovery!!

9. Never seen so much food !!

10. Don't have a harsh word to say about ANYONE I met at Tx.Round Up II great people and thanks to everyone there I ate like a king and owned the seas in them Donzi's !!