PDA

View Full Version : T.R .II - YOU KILL 'EM WE GRILL 'EM

farmer tx
09-23-2003, 02:05 PM
Scot V. and I thought it would be a good idea to post a thread on what we were bringing for the Sat. nite feed.
So we will know what other items need to be procured. ie: plastic wear, paper napkins,charcoal, ect.
This is my list.

Cooking utensils
Skirt steak and trimmings
Watermelons and Cantaloups
Party awning
Prop tools and 21"-25" cleavers, 23" Turbo

Please include your intentions.

Thanks,
Mark

Darrell
09-23-2003, 02:49 PM
Mark:

Janet and I will bring:

Corn on the cobb, peppers and onions. :)
Paper plates :)
Okie Tornadoes (version of Todd's Texas Teardrops) eek!
Don's Steaks (do ya think I would come without them) :D
Door prizes for the event :cool:
TRII shirts, :cool:
Bravo 1 24' that has been labbed if anyone wants to test. :)
BBC exhaust manifolds for Freightdog. :)

Darrell

P.S. Just checked weather.com and they are calling for 90 on Saturday for the Graham/Mineral Wells area.

harbormaster
09-23-2003, 07:03 PM
So Far Kim and I will be bringing:

Plastic utensils
Marinated Chicken Breasts
Fresh Boiled Gulf Shrimp
Fresh Shrimp for Grilling
Margaritas (bottled premixed)
Some Shiner Bock

It would be great to get a head count on who likes shrimp so we can get enough. It would be cool to make some texas tear drops with shrimp.

Shark in the Pond
09-23-2003, 08:01 PM
Just got off the ph. with Mark and he said you might be bringing some fresh shrimp up with you and that sound's GREAT ,count me in please .Since I'm Johnny come lately please let me know what else we need for Sat. nite and I will get it .

harbormaster
09-23-2003, 10:15 PM
Jefe stopped by this evening, we went to go look at the Scarab. He is wanting to know what else do we need. I told him that we could probably use sone ice chests. He said no problem. What else do we need?

Team Jefe
09-23-2003, 10:20 PM
Scot get a few pounds extra and I'll make some ettoufee to put over the Cajun Pork chops. We can do those Friday if you want.

Also I'll whip up some Texas Caviar (Jefe Style wink ) for snacking.

How about Breakfast taco's on Sunday Morning. I'll be up at the butt crack of dawn anyway. Nothing goes better with a hangover than scrambled eggs chock full of pork fat and onions :D

Shark in the Pond
09-23-2003, 10:21 PM
Sound's good ,I will keep checking here to see what else we might need .

harbormaster
09-23-2003, 10:23 PM
Kim had mentioned breakfast. Jeff, you want to be the breakfast guy??

Shark in the Pond
09-23-2003, 10:25 PM
Sound's like we may need alot of bloody mary mix ,should I bring some :D

DonCig
09-23-2003, 11:39 PM
The Tamms' would like to bring the following:
25p Turbo Plus Prop for testing, stock.
25p Hydro 14.75" Quad 1V for testing.
I will raid the liquor cabinet and bring all the 50 year old Scotch that has been aging.
Coolers and more coolers.
Some freebie gifts, from my car racing days.
Maybe some Colorado green chili for the Sunday breakfast tacos.
Some elk steaks to trade with Darrell.
Some Gulf Coast Snapper for fish tacos.

Does anybody have a GPS to use during prop testing?

Don

DonCig
09-23-2003, 11:43 PM
Scot, as my best friend in Houston remarks, you Colorodans eat bait? Yes we love fresh shrimp!

Don

Darrell
09-24-2003, 08:51 AM
Don:

I will have a GPS you can use, Forget the Elk steak, don't you guys up there make Coors Light, that would be awesom.

Darrell

P.S. After all the time I missed at work the week before last, I am going to work till noon Friday see ya @ 3:00pm.

farmer tx
09-24-2003, 01:28 PM
Scot,Polly loves shrimp,so count us in. :cool:

harbormaster
09-24-2003, 08:47 PM
more on what we are bringing

Gallon of Margaritas
Case of Shiner Beer
15lbs of gulf Shrimp (some boiled)
Chicken (marinated)
5lbs ribs
6.5lbs hamburger meat
1 24 hot dogs
watermelon
potatoes
onions

DonCig
09-24-2003, 10:25 PM
What is a Texas teardrop? (with shrimp?)
And does it go with the cases of Coors Light that I am bringing?

Don

Darrell
09-25-2003, 09:06 AM
Ok Poodle, I called the teardrops, "twisters" :o I think that is something I heard advertised on TV by the Dairy Queen resturants. You are going to miss out on some good food and good times, hope you can make it back next year.

Scot: I'll eat shrimp until they are all gone and Janet loves them too. :D

Darrell

Shark in the Pond
09-25-2003, 08:17 PM
I'm sure getting hungry , look forward to meeting all ,see you there :D

harbormaster
09-25-2003, 09:57 PM
All loaded up. alarm is set. Jefe called and the one of the Donzi ZF engines is sick. I talked him into coming anyway. The more the merrier!
It is going to be a blast! (other than the 7 hour drive)

TMANN
09-25-2003, 10:37 PM
We will be brining chips and queso, Also fresh Salsa. Should we bring some beans? I think we will just in case. I will also help Jefe with the breakfast Sunday. Liquor of course and Jell-O shots for Saturday.

TMANN

farmer tx
09-25-2003, 11:28 PM
Our vehicle is also loaded, not sure if luggage will fit in the morning let alone us. All the food is made, except Marks chocolate chip cookies.(He is cooking as I write) Just need some last minute stuff in the morning and we hope to be out of here around 8 or 8:30 AM. Can't wait and I know we will have a great time.

Polly & Mark (in the kitchen)

Shark in the Pond
09-25-2003, 11:48 PM
11:30 have nothing ready still washing clothes and packing which means when I get there and found out what I left behind I will buy it there.See ya soon !

Hotspare
09-26-2003, 11:00 PM
10:45 PM, LCL. Just back from Business in Kentucky,,,, Whew !!!!!!!! Back in the Fray Again .........LOL. Looks like we might make this after all,,,, Will be loading stuff tonight and early tomorrow, with hopes of getting there early afternoon ......... Not sure what we're bringing yet ,,,,, going to snag stuff on the way ....LOL. Be safe everbody, See ya tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!!!! Bruce...