PDA

View Full Version : anyone driving up from florida??

Needforspeed
03-26-2003, 02:28 PM
Hi i live in flroida anyone thinking about making the trip?

Needforspeed
03-26-2003, 02:30 PM
to the Awakening of the Horses III Agenda

Budmann
03-26-2003, 03:17 PM
Needforspeed, Funny you should ask! I have been kicking it back and forth in my head all week. I think Madpoddle is coming up from Miami, and I was going to see if he could talk me into a road trip. Having you along certainly would add to the roadtrip. Why don't you call me sometime,and we can talk about it futher. My home is 727-784-4033
cell 727-410-2057.

P.S. what Donzi do you have???

Team Hula Girl
03-26-2003, 04:11 PM
I have considered going up also, just not sure whether I want to tow the Donzi up. I am still mulling it around in my head. Is there room for any riders with a little extra cash flow?

John

Budmann
03-26-2003, 04:15 PM
John and Bea,

I think its my weekend for kids, so that fills my 22 up. I'm sure that if we continue to post, someone will offer up a seat or two.

boldts
03-26-2003, 04:22 PM
All,

If your thinking about making the trip, don't worry about an opportunity to ride in a Donzi. My 22 has room and you may even get the chance to ride in a Donzi model that you've never experienced yet. It's all good at AOTH III. :D

Fish boy
03-27-2003, 06:11 AM
Madposter,
It will not be the same without you.

Fish

Fish boy
03-27-2003, 06:12 AM
John and Bea,
There are always seats at any event, even the small ones. There will be a ton of boats so I would not worry about that.

<small>[ March 27, 2003, 06:13 AM: Message edited by: Fshboy ]</small>

Needforspeed
03-27-2003, 08:02 AM
I have never been up there is it worth the drive? do you know how many miles about? Lets see how many people we can get for a drive up.

boldts
03-28-2003, 01:00 PM
Needforspeed and everyone else,

Take a look at the Midwest Donzi Club's web-site for both information on the area and links to Mapquest for your mileage questions. Place your town in the starting point and Jamestown, Kentucky in the destination point. Here is the link to the "Awakening" page of the web-site which includes links to Lake Cumberland web-sites that will give you an idea of the area and it's offerings. :)

Awakening of the Horses III (http://www.mwdonziclub.com/awakening.html)

If you have friends that might not know about this gathering and have a Donzi or interest in Donzi boats, be sure to send them to either the Registry or the Midwest Donzi Club web-site.

One of the best parts of our gathering is the different models of Donzi boats that have attended in the past. For the fishing ZF owners, Lake Cumberland is known for very large Stripers. I'm no expert, but they are a mixture I believe from the Bass species. I'd love to see a few more of you at our gathering.

I own a Classic, but I especially enjoy seeing all the other Donzi models that have attended in the past. I try to keep Beth away from the Z series boats simply because I know she wants the cabin that comes with that style. Whether it be a ZF, ZX, Z, Criterion, Minx, Ragaza, Hornet, Corsican, 21GT, or Classic, the time the owners put into upgrades, restoration and just keeping their Donzis in pristine condition is amazing. It is truly something to behold. This gathering is not just a fun long weekend for the owners, it's a wonderful learning tool for all involved and those viewing our boats.

Enough selling. I'll stop! Check out the web-sites available and decide for yourselves. This gathering as been called The National Donzi Gathering. It all started from a simple philosophy known as: "I'd like to meet other Donzi owners."

Terry0341
03-28-2003, 04:09 PM
If you have never been, the lake is beautiful and lots of area to open up the horses. But best of all Scott Bolts always puts on a great event,everyone has a wonderful time and he is a great host! :)

<small>[ March 28, 2003, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: Terry0341 ]</small>

Digger
03-31-2003, 06:01 AM
John and Bea, and anyone else for that matter, I've got spare seats. come on up/over/down to the show, you'll have a blast-

All aboard!