PDA

View Full Version : 03 Rally - Our take....

BabyDonzi
09-22-2003, 05:51 PM
Our take - Here’s what we’ve learned this year at the Sarasota Siesta…!

Pegasus + alcohol + hot tub after 1:00am = hotel security and Sarasota’s finest. Hmmmm, maybe we should keep that one under our hat!!

Mike & Judy have become my best friends (no, it’s not “just” because of their 38ZX)

Catch22 and I made a deal - I’ll buy the 38ZX, he’ll buy the Featherlite to pull it with. He thinks he got the short end of the stick, so I offered to keep the 38 in my driveway - there, even steven.

Donzi Joie full of rum & cokes - $100.00
Donzi Las full of jack & cokes - $100.00
Squeeze me in the middle, poolside - Priceless

Mike Miller + his gift of fish dip, can make friends anywhere.

Erin looks good in her bikini - and half in her bikini. Maybe all ‘Harvey World’ girls end up half in their bikini’s? Thanks Matt!

Chevron’s 80-20 mix of gas and water just doesn’t cut it! It makes Baby camera shy.

See babe! I told you a supercharged 600 will fit!

If Tom Ireland were a woman, I’d marry him…..

Ice cream is the “real” breakfast of champions.

John will stand on his head in his engine compartment all day! How does he do it? Of course Donzi Las didn’t mind the view, she wants to know why all of our neighbors aren’t like him.

Dwayne swears he has a “big yellow banana”. Las’s eyes sure did open wide with that one!

Mike Miller and Mike Miller Jr are definitely a show stopper.

Mark sure enjoyed giving Donzi Las a hard time about not catching a ride with him when Baby broke down - (like she minded) - But hey, where was he when we needed a 60 mph tow for the pictures…..

Never made it into the ‘Donzi’ gift shop. Saw Jim & Gina dragging 3 bags out and they said don’t bother - we bought it all !!!

When Richard our Dock Master says “anything goes after 5:00pm”, boy he wasn’t kidding!

The way Michael see’s it (Pegasus’ son), 22 ZX’s are faster than 22 Classic’s. (Not once did he ask me, “ does this thing go any faster”?)

Contrary to popular belief, Frisbee’s do not damage gel coat.
Brand new black swimsuits just don’t mix with white leather upholstery.

We discovered that Tim is our forever lurking ‘Guest’ !!

If you can’t bring your Donzi, bring an engagement ring instead. Congratulations Pete & Mo !!!!!

Once again - Mike Miller - Bravo - hats off - standing ovation !!! Looking forward to next year. Left a floating reservation at the Hyatt. We need next years dates!

No wake racing is exciting no matter what anyone else says.

Can't wait till next year!!! http://www.donzi.net/photos/las02.jpg

BabyDonzi
09-22-2003, 06:21 PM
http://www.donzi.net/photos/las03.jpg

Donzi Las
09-22-2003, 06:24 PM
Now that's an awesome site. 30+ Donzi's cruising the intercoastal. Sure caught the eye of the guy's up on the bridge.

devildog
09-22-2003, 07:33 PM
BabyDonzi:
Our take - Here’s what we’ve learned this year at the Sarasota Siesta…!

Pegasus + alcohol + hot tub after 1:00am = hotel security and Sarasota’s finest. Hmmmm, maybe we should keep that one under our hat!!

Mike & Judy have become my best friends (no, it’s not “just” because of their 38ZX)

Catch22 and I made a deal - I’ll buy the 38ZX, he’ll buy the Featherlite to pull it with. He thinks he got the short end of the stick, so I offered to keep the 38 in my driveway - there, even steven.

Donzi Joie full of rum & cokes - $100.00
Donzi Las full of jack & cokes - $100.00
Squeeze me in the middle, poolside - Priceless

Mike Miller + his gift of fish dip, can make friends anywhere.

Erin looks good in her bikini - and half in her bikini. Maybe all ‘Harvey World’ girls end up half in their bikini’s? Thanks Matt!

Chevron’s 80-20 mix of gas and water just doesn’t cut it! It makes Baby camera shy.

See babe! I told you a supercharged 600 will fit!

If Tom Ireland were a woman, I’d marry him…..

Ice cream is the “real” breakfast of champions.

John will stand on his head in his engine compartment all day! How does he do it? Of course Donzi Las didn’t mind the view, she wants to know why all of our neighbors aren’t like him.

Dwayne swears he has a “big yellow banana”. Las’s eyes sure did open wide with that one!

Mike Miller and Mike Miller Jr are definitely a show stopper.

Mark sure enjoyed giving Donzi Las a hard time about not catching a ride with him when Baby broke down - (like she minded) - But hey, where was he when we needed a 60 mph tow for the pictures…..

Never made it into the ‘Donzi’ gift shop. Saw Jim & Gina dragging 3 bags out and they said don’t bother - we bought it all !!!

When Richard our Dock Master says “anything goes after 5:00pm”, boy he wasn’t kidding!

The way Michael see’s it (Pegasus’ son), 22 ZX’s are faster than 22 Classic’s. (Not once did he ask me, “ does this thing go any faster”?)

Contrary to popular belief, Frisbee’s do not damage gel coat.
Brand new black swimsuits just don’t mix with white leather upholstery.

We discovered that Tim is our forever lurking ‘Guest’ !!

If you can’t bring your Donzi, bring an engagement ring instead. Congratulations Pete & Mo !!!!!

Once again - Mike Miller - Bravo - hats off - standing ovation !!! Looking forward to next year. Left a floating reservation at the Hyatt. We need next years dates!

No wake racing is exciting no matter what anyone else says.

Can't wait till next year!!! http://www.donzi.net/photos/las02.jpg just wanted to thank john for the invite and also to all my new friends for the wonderful conversation and great fun. look forward to see ya'll again.

semper fi,
dwayne

"IT REALLY IS A BIG YELLOW BANANA"

catch 22
09-29-2003, 09:38 AM
We finally made it home. After the rally we spent the rest of the week in Ladylake, Fl visiting my folks. We had a GREAT TIME at the our first Donzi rally and it won't be the last. Mike and Bryan, you guys Rock. Everything was first class. Mike and Judy thanks for the ride in your beautiful 38 ZX. Lots of luck with it. Poodle congrats on your Criterion she sure is sweet. We got to meet so many new people and make new friends. Stephanie, hope you and your boys had fun riding with us. Got airborn a couple of times. CDMA and NEED FOR SPEED I am glad we got a chance to meet. wished we could have had more time to talk. After the ralley Gina and I stayed till Monday and went to the Donzi Factory for a tour of the place. Thanks to Josh at Donzi for taking the time to give us a tour. Baby Donzi I am still getting the short end of the deal we made with the 38zx and the featherlite coach. :D :D . Hope Baby gets better so she can come out and play. Congrats to Pete and Mo on there engagement. Hats off to the Dockmaster, he did a great job. Tom Ireland from Mercury was outstanding in his quest to get Baby Donzi well again. We hope everyone had as much fun as we did. Can't wait till next year. :)

Pegasus
09-29-2003, 10:12 AM
Catch 22- Thank you guys for the great ride! My boys are still talking about the ride. Was wonderfull talking to both of you and I hope you will be able to come to our Poker Run August 7th, 2004.