PDA

View Full Version : ALUM CREEK SHOOTOUT 2003

HyperDonzi
09-04-2003, 07:25 PM
Event will take place Sunday October 12. Start time will be whenever everyone makes it, hopefully before noon.

Directions (Taken from Flyin Brian)
From Cleveland: Take I-71 south to the US 36 & SR 37/Sunbury Exit. Turn right at the top of the ramp heading west. Follow US 36/SR 37 to S. Three B's & K Rd. Turn left on S. Three B's & K Rd. (south). Stay on this road until you reach Chesire Rd. Turn right on Chesire Rd. (west). This will take you over the lake, once you get to the west side of the lake, get ready to turn left on Old State Rd.(south). Follow Old State Rd. to Hollenback Rd. Watch for the ramp signs and marina signs, turn left. This will dead end right where you need to be.

From Toledo: Take US23 south to Chesire Rd. Turn left onto Chesire, (east). Follow Chesire Rd. to Old State Rd. where you will turn right, (south). Follow Old State Rd. to Hollenback Rd. Watch for the ramp signs and marina signs, turn left. This will dead end right where you need to be.

From Columbus: You should know the way already!

From Cinci: Take I-71 North to Columbus. Exit west onto I-270 (Indianapolis). Follow I-270 for 15 or so miles to the north end of Columbus. Exit north to US23. Follow US23 north to Lewis Center Rd., turn right onto Lewis Center Rd. Follow Lewis Center Rd. to Old State Rd. (4 way stop), turn left. Follow Old State Rd. to Hollenback Rd. Watch for the ramp signs and marina signs, turn right. This will dead end right where you need to be.

The main section of the lake is approx 3 Miles long, by 2 miles at the widest. There is 1 more section (beautiful in the fall with the trees) of Open Zone, then after that, all no wake.

The docks should still be in the water.

There is food, ice, gas (BP 90) available, bait and tackle too

I will try to see if DNR (Who is always really forgiving) if maybe they could wave the 90DB noise for that one day of the year.

A little early to plan, but I will have a lot of free time for a few weeks

Tommy

smoothie
09-04-2003, 08:25 PM

The docks should still be in the water.

What docks??? :D I went to this last year and glad I did,if you like to see fast boats run and run somebody about your own speed be there or be square because this is a good time BTW you Michican boys should know that a fella from your state was said to be top dog last year wink :D

HyperDonzi
09-05-2003, 09:13 PM
The marina docks. Leave the boat overnight.

smoothie
09-06-2003, 08:37 AM
HyperDonzi:
The marina docks. Leave the boat overnight. And should I drop the key off at your house? :D Are you running your Baja this year...I need to win one run :p .Hope to see you there Hyper...

HyperDonzi
09-06-2003, 07:41 PM
I ran 118 today, bouncing off the limiter wink

DATE CHANGE: BLOW BOATERS HAVE THE LAKE THEN, IT IS GOING TO TAKE PLACE ON THE 4TH OF OCTOBER.

boldts
10-19-2003, 08:44 AM
Did anyone run yesterday? Any pictures? Wish I could have been there. :(

Hey, did this happen on the 4th? I'm really lost and sure missed a beautiful weekend in OH if it did!

HyperDonzi
10-19-2003, 12:27 PM
I posted some pics in the Performance section.

Happened yesterday...Along with the sail boat regatta :(

The 4th was a bass tourney, was made to sound really big in the paper...I saw 3 bass boats. Oh well, weather sucked anyway.

The 13 was supposed to be the regatta.

boldts
10-19-2003, 06:35 PM
Thanks guys! I'll look for the pics in the performance area. I'm happy in one way. It did happen yesterday, but sad in that I spent the day at work and couldn't get there because of that.

Roots, I got to see a few of those cats last year and slow is not in any of their vocabularies! :D