PDA

View Full Version : Awakening of the Horses III Agenda

boldts
03-02-2003, 12:49 AM
Tentative Agenda
As the title mentions, this schedule is tentative. Once we are all get together, some folks may have other ideas that we all may like. This is just a basic outline of what is planned. All times are Central time zone.

Thursday:
Thursday will be an arriving day. Especially for those coming from the longer distances. Most of the lodging facilities do not allow you to check-in until after 12:00. As we see the Donzi owners arrive, we will take in and admire each others boats. No planned trip to any certain part of the lake will be planned, but of course, you are free to venture out onto the lake and enjoy your boat. Maybe as you meet other Donzi owners, a ride in a model that you have not experienced before?

Friday:
09:00 - 10:00 AM - Registration - If you didn't check in with us on Thursday evening, please check in and receive your meal tickets for Saturday night and a few goodies.
09:00 - 11:00 AM - Prop seminar and testing provided by Turbo Propeller representatives.
11:00 AM - Radar Run participants depart for Lee's Ford Marina. We will hold an opportunity for everyone who wishes to make a radar run to do so about half way on the trip to Lee's Ford. There will be 4 boat classes. 16', 18', 22' to 25', and over 25' Everyone who makes a radar run will receive a ticket (one per boat). The fastest boat in each class will receive a ticket and if a Donzi Girl drives the boat during the radar run, you will receive another ticket. The other half of these tickets will be placed in a hat and thanks to Reindl Powerboats, two prizes will be given away by one of the Donzi kids pulling tickets out of the hat Friday evening. The prizes include a lesson in driving a One Design Offshore race boat and a free prop labbing.
12:30 PM - All radar run participants will continue on to Lee's Ford Resort. Anyone not participating in the radar run contest should leave the Jamestown Marina by 12:00 PM to arrive at the resort by 02:00 PM.
02:00 PM - Lunch at Lee's Ford Resort - After lunch we are hoping to have the opportunity to tour and learn how Houseboats are built. Sumerset Houseboats has been contacted and has said they are interested in helping with our gathering, but won't know for sure until after the March boatshow. Fantasy Houseboats is also being contacted.
04:00 PM - Depart Lee's Ford Resort to go back to the Jamestown Resort.
07:30 PM - Reception at the Jamestown Yacht Club - This is not a dinner reception. If you wish to have a dinner meal, that will be your responsibility. Jamestown is in a dry county so if you would like to have alcohol drinks, they must be brought with you to the resort. Jerry Eisele has donated nacho chips for this reception, but if everyone brings some kind of chip or dip to the reception, we should have a good variety and something for everyone. We will have one of the children in attendance pick our winners of the Radar Run prizes.

Saturday:
09:00 - 10:00 AM - Registration - Everyone should have checked in by this time, but if not, please do so to receive your Saturday night meal tickets and gathering goodies.
09:00 - 12:00 PM - Prop seminar and testing provided by Turbo Propeller representatives.
12:00 PM - Those in attendance who would like a picture of their boat while running, now's your opportunity. David Hicks has offered the use of his 30' Donzi to create a wake to fly our boats off of and get an air picture of the boats. It's not ocean swells, but it's the next best thing. We will use a digital camera along with a regular camera to take the shots. Hopes are to bring a printer and make the digital pictures available to you later in the day.
01:00 PM - We will all gather at 76 Falls. This is one of the special sites to see on the lake and you can even drive your boat behind the falls which if it is a warm day, feels great!
03:00 PM - We will all gather at Otter Creek. This is a more secluded area on the lake and offers a great place for everyone to relax and enjoy each other's company.
05:00 PM - For those interested, we will go to the dam at the West end of the lake. It is a Saturday evening tradition to hold a Run-What-Ya-Brung at the dam starting about 06:00 PM. You will see many of the lake's performance boat owners here. It is all for fun and bragging rights. For those not interested in checking these run-offs out, you can stay at Otter Creek or head back to Jamestown to freshen up before dinner.
08:00 PM - Dinner barbecue at the Jamestown Yacht Club. Cost is $10 in advance and $14 at the door. Children accompanying adults will cost $5. You will have the opportunity to register and pay for this meal in advance using a pre-AOTH III registration form.
09:00 PM - We will hold an Auction of donated items brought by the gathering attendees. This can be anything you wish to donate to be auctioned off. The monies collected from this auction help fund next years gathering and half of the money is donated to the Donzi Registry to help keep it available to all Donzi owners.
After the Auction - We will award a special donated item from Haskins Hitchin Post to the owner traveling the furthest to attend the "Awakening of the Horses III" gathering. There may also be a few other thank-you awards handed out and Donzi gifts.

Sunday:
Possibly a cruise to somewhere on the lake before packing up and heading home. For a lot of us, it will be time to say Good-bye to both new and old friends until the next Donzi gathering we happen to meet again at. For some, it may not be until AOTH IV next year. Please be safe until we meet again!

Digger
03-02-2003, 06:17 AM
looks great Scott! I can't wait! :D

Brad Lyon
03-02-2003, 08:26 PM
Stellar job again Scott, it is quite evident that you put a lot of time and thought into this.

Brad

Terry0341
03-03-2003, 05:25 PM
sounds great Scott, the Toledo possie is up to 13 now, we have a house boat and are going to host some parties after hours. We have a hot tub on the boat and everyone is invited to enjoy. Everyone is welcome anytime! More info to come... :D

ITTLFLI
03-03-2003, 08:45 PM
AWESOME!!Those Reindl boats are unbeleivable! My brother ran a poker run in one and then we teamed up and raced one in Michigan! Most fun ever!!

Also you guys will not beleive the Sumerset Houseboat!
:D

<small>[ March 04, 2003, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: ITTLFLI ]</small>

Tomahawk
03-03-2003, 10:07 PM
AOTH III will be another memorable experience. Very generous Terry. You da man! :D

Sam
03-04-2003, 06:32 PM
Scott, just a couple of quick questions. Have you recieved your slip conformation yet. I recieved my room conformation but not one for the slip. I guess I'll give them a shout if I don't get it soon. Also, where can we pre register for the Saterday BBQ.

THX
Sam

boldts
03-04-2003, 09:58 PM
Sam, I did not receive a dock confirmation with my room confirmation either. I called Jamestown and turns out that they did not have a dock reserved. If I were you, I'd give them a call and make sure they have a dock reserved for you.

I'm putting the finishing touches on the registration form now. It will be posted here first once I have it ready. Shouldn't be but a couple more days.

<small>[ March 04, 2003, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: boldts ]</small>

Budmann
03-06-2003, 02:10 PM
I looked thru the post and didn't see the dates and place. I would love to drive up and possibly have Madpoddle in the road trip.

boldts
03-06-2003, 07:26 PM
Budmann - See the Midwest Donzi Club Website (http://www.mwdonziclub.com) for all the information and dates. Put Jamestown, KY into Mapquest for the location and maps. Scott has been a regular the last 2 years so if he is attending this year, I'm sure he would like some company on the trip. :D

<small>[ March 06, 2003, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: boldts ]</small>

Budmann
03-26-2003, 11:34 AM
Thanks Scott, I will get ahold of the other Scott, and see if he's going. Looks like alot of fun, but wow, what a drive from Florida.

boldts
04-21-2003, 01:14 PM
Just wanted to bring this thread back up top. There have been a lot of new Donzi purchases over the last couple months. If your looking for a great place to have the opportunity to meet some of the Registry members and enjoy your boat on a beautiful large in-land lake, check this gathering out. We always have a wonderful time and it's always nice to finally put a face with a boat and owners name. There are just 5 weeks until the Horses will be rumbling. Nothing like the sound of all that horsepower unleashed and the beauty of all the boats heading out the inlet.

Digger
05-06-2003, 05:45 AM
For all you attendees, I will have bloody mary's available in my hootch at the Jamestown resort each morning until supplies run out... this is not your typical pathetic airport tomato juice, vodka, and celery stick atrocity, either. It's a recipe handed down from my Pop. don't miss out! :D

Oh yeah there will also be Marine Corps style PT available each morning. Form up in the parking lot at 0600 if interested. :D :D

boldts
05-06-2003, 07:25 AM
Digger, now there's an invitation I'll surely check out. Only question, are you going by Central time or Eastern time? I'd hate to be knockin on your door at 0500 if you meant 0600 Central :D

For those of you now wondering what time zone Jamestown is in, it's in the Central Time Zone. All above times in the agenda are based on that Central time.

Scott
Likein that extra hour on Thursday, but hating the loss of it on Sunday!

ToonaFish
05-06-2003, 09:19 AM
So if I'm an hour late, suddenly I'm on time? (This makes my head spin worse than Digger's Bloodies.)

Bunches,

Celene 'Bloodies should be cooked, not stirred'

boxy
05-06-2003, 09:49 AM
Digger:
Oh yeah there will also be Marine Corps style PT available each morning. Form up in the parking lot at 0600 if interested. :D :D Since this is a boating site, and most of you will be pretty foggy at 0600, I thought I might jump in here, and shed some light on Digger's offer.
There will not, I repeat will not be one of these in the parking lot...
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/mandm/kwbpt00.JPG
...but there will be a lot of this .....

http://www.defenselink.mil/specials/basic/images/tower.gif

Be careful out there, nothing is more crafty than a Marine looking for company on a 10 mile run... :D

ToonaFish
05-06-2003, 11:19 AM
Thank you for the clarification, Boxy. Perhaps you will also know why Digger is serving bloody mary's in his hootchie? :rolleyes: Sounds messy.

Bunches,

Celene "6AM, I'll offer yoga classes in the hottub if I still haven't gone to bed"