PDA

View Full Version : 21 Annual Citrus 95 Family River Raft Race

florida gator
02-20-2003, 09:37 PM
Any Seadogs been to this before? It's a very good time. This year it is scheduled for August 2 in Homosassa.

I have pics of past events. I will try to get some scanned and post them.

Bring your beads smileybo

Last Tango
03-01-2003, 10:07 PM
Tell us more about the event! Sounds like something we might want to gather for at that time of year.
Mark
Supreme SEADOG

florida gator
03-02-2003, 10:03 AM
I need to get some photos scanned of past events. The radio station I work for hosts this event every year. On land, they have games and contests with some giveaways. Friday night is the Captains party with a band, the Miss Citrus 95 finals and the Irondog finals. Saturday is the Raft Race. People will have homemade rafts that they will compete in. Lots of boats rafting all day. Bring your beads!

florida gator
07-05-2003, 06:13 PM
TTT. This is coming up soon. Possible SEADOG get together. Ms Citrus 95 & Ironman contests Fri Aug 2. Raft Race ( wink huge party) Aug 2.

In case I haven't mentioned this is a huge party weekend. If anyone is interested let me know. I think all the rooms on the water are booked but, I can usually get a good rate at the Park Inn which is close by.

Last Tango
07-05-2003, 06:34 PM
'Gator,
I'm still interested in this event, and for the SEADOGS. We need specifics. What may seem obvious to YOU may be less obvious to others. I would enjoy an event like this, but need to plan my work and vacation schedule carefully to accomodate this event. Could be my last free weekend for the next 6 months.
Does the Park Inn have enough parking space for those of us bringing our boats? Can Nancy and I just come and party for the day will some of you?
Mark (Supreme SEADOG)

florida gator
07-06-2003, 05:14 PM
The race itself is just several people in homemade rafts racing around an island. Some of the rafts are pretty creative. The race does not last long but it is an all day party both on land and water. There will be several hundred boats rafted up and having a good time. Oh btw, bring your beads wink . There will be live music and DJs both Friday night and all day Sat. Also as I stated before, Friday night will have girls and guys competing for prizes in the Ms Citrus 95 and Ironman contests.

As far as other specifics, let me know what info you want and I will reply. I wish I had some digital pics of some of the past races to post.

The Park Inn does have room for boats. That is most likely where I will stay too.