PDA

View Full Version : Lk St Clair

Sam
08-28-2003, 04:33 PM
Is anyone interested in one last fun filled fling on Lk St Clair. I was thinking about the Weekends of either 9-20/22 or 9-27/28. What works for you ?

Sam

Jabes
08-28-2003, 07:50 PM
I'm around Harsens Island every weekend. South Channel, Muskamoot, this lake has it all. I'm in. How about this weekend? The water is as warm as is gets all season! See you at Browns or the bay!

KRAVEN
08-28-2003, 07:53 PM
Liz and i will be in Muskamoot and Brown's for sure.Summers coming to a close and I need to run the second tank of fuel out of my DONZI.
Hope to see everyone.
KRAVEN

roadtrip se
09-05-2003, 08:33 AM
I vote for the 27th. Should be able to get the Somerville Edition here by then and having something planned might get that to do bumped up a little higher on the list!

Todd

olredalert
09-05-2003, 10:00 AM
-------Im there,whatever weekend.Im also there for Jobbienooners tomorrow.It seems like DONZI ought to have a presence at the party.
-------Who knows how long Browns is open?Bill?...............Bill S

tamburello
09-05-2003, 12:23 PM
Keep me posted as to the date, I'm gonna try my best to swap coasts and join you.

- Jeff

roadtrip se
09-06-2003, 12:59 PM
27th! Talked to Randy and he is going to try and get the sick 18 figured out by then too. Gives us both time to get organized and show up!

See ya then,

Todd
"Excursion packed, gator packed, hit the road tomorrow.."

Sam
09-07-2003, 07:17 PM
Ok, it looks like the 27th is it. If you want we can meet back at my place on the island for lunch. Nothing fancy but plenty of what ever lands on the grill

Sam

Ranman
09-08-2003, 10:27 AM
Any chance we can move the date to Sunday the 28th vs. Saturday the 27th??

I have both a birthday party and wedding I have to attend on the 27th. There's no way I can make that date and I'd love to come out for one more run (boat or no boat).

I took the boat back to the doctor who will be figuring her out this week. As long as it's something relativly simple, I should be good to go by this weekend. Cross your fingers for me as this hasn't been the best boating season for me.

goatee
09-09-2003, 12:01 AM
its been a while since i've done this so,,,,
i know! it's been a long time comeing. just getting this new pc figured out and all.
http://www.donzi.net/photos/dscf0107.jpg
http://www.donzi.net/photos/dscf0108.jpg

goatee
09-09-2003, 12:06 AM
whoa hoooo! its working!!!!!!
http://www.donzi.net/photos/dscf0112.jpg
http://www.donzi.net/photos/dscf0114.jpg
http://www.donzi.net/photos/dscf0122.jpg
http://www.donzi.net/photos/dscf0121.jpg

goatee
09-09-2003, 12:10 AM
after everything you have all done for me,,, i am FINALLY able to give SOMETHING back!!!!
now,,,i'm sure i will need to get the right cable before i can download video, but when i do,,, i'll start burning the cd's.

goatee
09-09-2003, 12:17 AM
http://www.donzi.net/photos/dscf0109.jpg
http://www.donzi.net/photos/dscf0110.jpg

Sea Biscuit
09-09-2003, 11:52 AM
Sound like fun and time is running out. Where
do you guys put in at? What day 27 or 28?

olredalert
09-09-2003, 09:47 PM
-------So Goatee,you showing your face on the 27th or 8th?.............Bill S

goatee
09-09-2003, 11:43 PM
if thats an invite,, i'm there! i'll try to remember to get more stills. and maybe by then i'll have figured out how to burn cd's.
the video from rootsy's doing 70 is awsome! now i just have to get some shots of his boat from someone else's boat. (he said he needs a new background) i'll try!!!

Bigbroadjumper
09-10-2003, 07:37 AM
Since we never do anything fun here in Illinois, I was wondering if I could come and play with you guys in Michigan?

olredalert
09-10-2003, 09:24 AM
-------More the merrier,Bob.Be forwarned that this is a fairly small get-together.We do manage to have a bit of fun,but generally theres about 5 to 8 of us out there frothing up the north channel.........Bill S

Bigbroadjumper
09-10-2003, 10:25 AM
I would love to drag my old boat over and meet up with your group.

boldts
09-10-2003, 12:25 PM
Just wondering, will it be the 27th, 28th or both? May have to be boatless this time, but I'd love to hang with you all if there is room. Let me know what you'd like to grill on Sam's grill. I'd be glad to help out there and buy some fuel if I can't get mine up there.

goatee
09-10-2003, 09:40 PM
as far as things go right now,,,, i dont know what they have in mind. i'm flexable, i can touch my toes without bending my knee's!
makes no difference to me.

Ranman
09-10-2003, 10:16 PM
My boat is suposedly fixed. :) :) . I will be out this Saturday (weather permitting) for the "shakedown" if anyone's interested in joining me. Also, I will be out to the lake on Sunday the 28th. I hope to see some of you before the season is over.

Keeping warm thoughts...

Tony
09-11-2003, 09:30 AM
I'm shooting for the 28th also. Hopefully I will have my two-month long bathroom remodel project done by then!

roadtrip se
09-11-2003, 10:48 AM
You guys aren't going to make me run the SE two days in a row are you? I hate that when that happens, considering that I've been lucky to be in the same state with my boat this summer.

As Deion used to say, let's do BOTH days!

If we only do Sunday, I don't get to stand on the dock, stare at the boats, drink beer, and hear how Jamie is going to stick some more insane power in there. Very important part of the day on Saturday!

Who's game?

Todd

olredalert
09-11-2003, 01:36 PM
Roadtrip,

-------How was the excursion in the Excursion or is that Expulsion?I can never keep those Fords straight in my mind.Now to the important questions;Any flats?Any carpet?Are you in the new Somerville hacienda yet?
-------Both days sound good!Ill be out there anyway,weather permitting.........Bill S

tamburello
09-11-2003, 04:34 PM
Well, barring any unforeseen events I will be there with my crew on the 27th. Unfortunately, we can't stay for the 28th as well.

We're going to drive over Friday evening and stay overnight. Any suggestions as to hotels in the area?

- Jeff

Brad Lyon
09-11-2003, 05:32 PM
Soooooo.... Is this turning into a two day event? I was thinking about just seeing if I could bum rides from someone. But, if it is going to be a two day event than I will have to bring my boat down and deal with the code enforcement officer.

Brad

turbo2256
09-12-2003, 08:34 AM
Sat or Sun I hope to be out in my Aggressor testing my prop if water conditions are right. If so could I possibly tag along?

boldts
09-12-2003, 09:16 AM
Turbo, can't speak for everyone in the group, but last time I looked, Lake StClair was still a public water way. The first time I attended, VoodooCanoe brought his race Sunsation. I'm sure everyone will agree, the more the merrier. :D

Looks like I may have to get a room and make it a weekend trip :cool:

olredalert
09-12-2003, 10:15 AM
------Went down to Harsens by car last night and passed a pretty good looking little Motel right around the corner from the Algonac ramps.Swore to myself I wouldnt forget the name,but I have.
------Phone book was a revelation.Rivers Edge Motel-----810-794-5467-----Right on the river(as you might expect from the name).Just north of the big bend in River road,about a mile or a little less from the ramps.Lady said very clean,and rooms range from $55 to $95 depending on size and view.Not your normal row motel.Looked like a very large old hose converted.Sort of looks like a B+B but isnt listed as one.Hope this helps.Come on down!..........Bill S
------P.S.....I should have mentioned that theres no possibility of a tie-up near this place.Dont know where you guys could leave your watercrafts except on the trailers.Possibly the town marina(on the same ground as the old Chris-Craft plant).Sam,,,,,Do you have any input on this?????.........Bill S......again

bgagne
09-12-2003, 10:33 AM
I have never met any of you or attended any of the events and my wife will be out of town, so this might be a good time. Where do you usually meet at and at what time?

Brian

Ranman
09-12-2003, 12:46 PM
Brian,

Come on out! This is a great group of people and we really have a good time out on the water.

Typically we meet at the DNR launch at the end of South River Road right at the mouth of the clinton river. We usually meet around 8:00 - 9:00am. On Sunday the 28th, I will be looking to be launched and underway by 8:30am as we are planning on running across the lake and down the Detroit River.

Hope to see you there.

olredalert
09-12-2003, 04:30 PM
------For those that want to you can also get it wet in Algonac at the town ramps.Those that put in where Randy does will end up over in Algonac anyway.If you plan anything overnight at the place I mentioned or you are coming from anywhere north of here it would be far better to use the Algonac ramps.The run across the lake is quick and normally painless though,so there are your choices............Bill S

bgagne
09-13-2003, 04:20 AM
I could just run the boat up there by water if the conditions are right. A few weeks ago I went out for a little Sunday drive and ended up at Browns. I keep the boat at Toledo Beach Marina, which is 8 miles north of the Ohio/Michigan line. It ended up being a 170 mile day and the Detroit river and Lake Erie were a nightmare by the time I decided to head for home. Maybe the trailer will be a better option this time around.

freeplay
09-14-2003, 03:53 PM
Hey guys long time no talk.....Depending om my hectic schedule I'm definatly in for a final fall run. If i can help out anyway let me know as i have direct connections with Bill Fritz over @ Browns and Ken Baker over @ the Idle Hour on Harsens Island. Cheers to all..........Chris

olredalert
09-14-2003, 08:12 PM
Chris,

-------Is that your Black Hawk sitting in a driveway over on the South channel?Just spotted it the other day when Jan and I were over there looking at a house.In front of a roughly 30 foot center console something or other.
-------It seems as though we could have a good little meet with a few new people added into the mix.A couple of us should talk pretty soon,and figure out a plan of attack.Sam,Todd,Randy,Bill,lets talk this week and iron out something.........Bill S

Ranman
09-14-2003, 08:27 PM
Hey Bill,

Thanks for "helping" me with the boat on Saturday. Muscamoot was in it's usual form. :D Jenn thought you were going over to Browns when we took off. We stopped over there (it was a madhouse) and didn't see you. I figured you took off for home.

I'm so pumped that I'm back on the water. Call me anytime at the office this week and I'll be happy to lend a helping hand. I;m looking forward to a big end of year blowout on LSC!!!

olredalert
09-14-2003, 08:41 PM
-----I did stop at Browns,but had to tie up way around the back out of sight.Not another dock to be found.Man,that place was crazy!Some girl and guy were chasing each other all over the room shooting green foam all over each other.Very strange.One beer and I remembered that my running lights are iffi,so left for the ramp.
-----It was good to see you back up to your normal form.Of course Jen is always in form.We will talk this week..........Bill S

freeplay
09-15-2003, 10:06 AM
Hey Bill, Yes that's mine sitting over @ the family summer house. The other boat is my dads Scarab Sportster. If we need rooms for people coming from a far distance I can see about rooms over at the Idle Hour Yacht Club for Satuday night. Thet have plenty of docking with rooms around 25 bucks per night. @ 25 bucks this isn't any 5 star deal just a place to lay your head. Also they have a full bar and food depending on the weekend. I did have a party there a few weeks ago and it worked out great. Open Cash Bar ~beers 1.75-2.25. burgers/dogs 5.00 per person with more then enough food to go around
If we do go that route I'll need to get on it asap as I'll have to be there for the weekend unless we have someone else who is a member there.

Ranman
09-15-2003, 12:22 PM
Root,

If you want to make it a weekend, you're welcome to stay at my place Saturday night. I've got a guest room...

olredalert
09-15-2003, 01:00 PM
Chris,

------This is a really interesting new development.Exiting is the word here.I had no idea the club had rooms.Will you be out this way this week or weekend?Please call me at 810-326-0490 and we can talk about this some more!
------Can we get an idea how many local people will be attending as well as how many overnighters?I havent been in the club but will find my way down there today or tomorrow and take a poke around.Looking out the window it will be today as the day has turned out beautiful.Flat calm in front of my house and plenty of sun.
------Chris,a big thank you from all of us for this generous offer.This could be really cool!!!!!!..........Bill S

-----P.S.....As Chris mentioned lets all get on this as he will need every moment left to try to get the deal done.It aint done till its done!

Sam
09-15-2003, 06:43 PM
Well I'm back in town and it looks like there will be a good turn out. I will be around for either day maybe both.

Sam

goatee
09-15-2003, 10:03 PM
as far as i can tell,,, sat. is good. sunday i will have my son. so if anyone has the room, (have camera's, love boating!) and i know how to download and post!!!! still waiting on the video

and root,,, (or anyone else for that matter) you're welcome to crash here also. i'm at 15 and groesbeck. as long as you dont mind sleeping on a couch... frown