PDA

View Full Version : Eufaula....Who's Coming?

Greg K
08-25-2003, 06:34 AM
I'm in..and the weather forecast looks good so far.

Fri Aug 29 Partly Cloudy 91°/67° 10 %
Sat Aug 30 Partly Cloudy 90°/67° 10 %
Sun Aug 31 Isolated T-Storms 89°/67° 30 %
Mon Sep 01 Scattered T-Storms 87°/66° 30 %

Forrest
08-25-2003, 09:06 AM
You know that Ginny and I will be there.

Bad-Tat
08-25-2003, 11:08 AM
Bad-Tat's in.

olemissalum
08-25-2003, 11:39 AM
Be there on Friday sometime!!!

Last Tango
08-25-2003, 03:19 PM
I'll be there in time for dinner on Friday evening!
Mark (Supreme SEADOG)

BigGrizzly
08-25-2003, 08:52 PM
The grizzly family will be there. leaving 9:30 AM from Roswell with Bad Tat, Tomahawk, Joe P's Red resident trouble, and of course My Damm Donzi.

Mark Albers
08-26-2003, 10:09 PM
North bound and down

ETA = Friday @4:30 pm

I cant wait to fill up with that cheap Georgia gas

Late

Mark 311 :cool:
Sarasota - - - W F O (close to the factory and far from a dream)

Forrest
08-28-2003, 03:11 PM
Greg, it looks like we'll find out for sure who else is coming when we all show up at Lakepoint State Park tomorrow.

Looking forward to another great time on Lake Eufaula!

BUIZILLA
08-28-2003, 03:35 PM
I spent all day yesterday detailing the 18 and prepping for the trip at the last minute... this morning I woke up, and I can't move my right leg for $hit.... cancelled the room, won't be there, sorry.

J

Greg K
08-28-2003, 04:08 PM
Last year attending Eufaula was my first event i attended and still is one of the more memorable ones I have attended.
Weather is still looking great, will miss those that aren't coming that were there last year, and look forward to meeting others who show up this weekend.

And Mark A., you'll be eating my wake.. wink :p

Forrest
08-28-2003, 04:35 PM
J, sorry to hear about that leg and that you won't be able to make it. We'll miss you.

olemissalum
08-28-2003, 05:30 PM
Leaving Atlanta around 4 PM, see everyone there!!!
Does anyone else have any kids or will I be the only one there with them?? 2 boys ages 11 and 13.

Greg K
08-28-2003, 07:39 PM
My son won't be making this trip, Big Griz's son who is 15 I believe, should be there.

Last Tango
08-31-2003, 07:22 PM
SEADOGS!
Ten hale and hearty Donzi teams braved clear skies, light breezes, warm air, and cool water at Eufaula this weekend. Surviving this catastrophy, and being forced to run on largely smooth water at speeds often exceeding 70 MPH, these swashbuckling ne'er-do-wells raided the Old Mexico Restaurant on Friday night, and then the surprisingly enjoyable Airport Restaurant & Lounge on Saturday night. Don't laugh - NOBODY could finish their steak and not for lack of wanting or trying. Largest cuts I'd seen this side of Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. And far more affordable and tasty, I might add. The stray cats at the Lodge had a feast of leftovers thanks to Debbie, June, and Donna.
The 10 boats included the X-18 of Forrest, the yellow barrel-back 18 of Emmo, my 18 pictured left, the 502 powered 26ZX of OleMissAlum, a brace of big block 22's of all manner, color, and description crewed by JoeP, Bad-Tat Bill, MarkAlbers, Greg K, and Tomahawk, and the never-say-die Criterion of Big Grizzly.
Long distance award was a toss-up between GregK from Charlotte, NC and MarkAlbersfrom Sarasota. The Lake Lanier Crowd (GA)was the largest single contingient and missed only ToonaFish to have perfect attendance. Toona was forced to remain home with a sick dog (SEADOG?).
Everyone agreed that Eufaula V was a total success, and Eufaula VI is an absolute given. With room prices starting at $48 a night, great breakfast buffet, superior views from the rooms (not that we spent any time there just looking out), and even a hotly contested Bass tournament and a river boat parked right at the hotel, things were new and fun this year at the Lakepointe Lodge.
Next year will be a hard choice for picking the hotel site because the George T. Bagby Resort will be finished remodeling. Hmmmm, if only all our tough descisions were of this nature. Score 1 for Lakepointe's huge and very accomodating hotel parking and launching facilities. Score another point for Lakepointe for central location on the lake and easy accessability. Score 1 for Bagby on GA gas prices and brand new rooms and convention center and lots of "local color" restaurants. Score 2 for Lakepointe on off-property restaurants.

See y'all next year! (Psst...plan NOW...it's ALWAYS on Labor Day Weekend)
Supreme SEADOG