PDA

View Full Version : SEADOGs in Sarasota July 19-22

Last Tango
06-27-2002, 11:50 AM
SEADOG (South EAst Donzi Owners Group) event.
I understand from Mark Albers and Donzi Blackhawk (Bryant) that both are interested in organizing a hotel for the weekend of July 19-22. I think it is an awesome idea! It will give us a chance to do a midsummer event at a reasonably central location, and maybe get to see some of the 2003 Donzi's being shown to the Donzi Dealers. I will let Mark Albers and Bryant take this thought from here. We seem to already have plenty of interest as indicated by the two threads this is already running on. I will be there( although I can't bring my boat just yet).
Mark :cool: (Supreme SEADOG)

pmreed
06-27-2002, 11:57 AM
Darn , I'll be in Maine for a niece's wedding. I'll be thinking of you guys. Maybe the next get-together.

Phil frown

Tidbart
06-27-2002, 02:34 PM
Sign me up!!!!!!!!

GeneD
06-27-2002, 03:37 PM
I'll be there, sans 007.

GeneD
06-27-2002, 03:38 PM
What the hell happened to my avatar?

smokediver
06-27-2002, 03:47 PM
thats close to home for me. where is everyone going to stay ?

HELLERBOY
06-27-2002, 05:08 PM
Sarasota's My home town so I won't need a place to stay, but count me in. (july is looking up, first the offshore grand prix & a DONZI gathering cool :D )

KRAVEN
06-27-2002, 08:05 PM
My wife and family will be in Clearwater Beach 7-18 thru 7-22 .We have a wedding to attend on Saturday but are planning a trip to the Donzi factory.If time allows we would love to stop and say hello.We had to leave our 18 scorpion home and will surley miss her.Please let us know where this will be taking place,it would be great to see Last Tango again.
Hope to see you soon,
Bill and Liz

CrackerJack
06-27-2002, 08:25 PM
Add us to the list.

Mark Albers
06-27-2002, 09:50 PM
Donzi Aficionados or Sea-puppies wink

I usually stay at Holiday Inns thru my company
With that in mind there is an x Holiday Inn down the street (Inn by the Bay) 941-365-1900

They have 5 smoking and 5 none for @$59 per night

They are under new mangenment (+/-)

Let me know your intentions

The Cheetah Club has groups rates too !!!

Have you every seen the factory give birth to a classic ???

Mark 311 :cool:
Sarasota - - - W F O (close to the facory and far from a dream)

Donzi Blackhawk
06-27-2002, 10:27 PM
Well, it looks as if we might have a party forming here. Just so everything goes easy I need Mark Albers to give me a call so we can set this thing up. Also, how many people will need to keep their boats on a trailer at night? We will need this info to set up hotel info. Feel free to e-mail me with any questions. donziengineer@yahoo.com

The Donzi dealer meeting will be held at the Sarasota hyatt. I will also speak to Nick and Mike Miller about our plans. Everyone at Donzi has their back to the wall planning dealer meeting but I an sure they would be excited to know we are wanting to get together. All we have to do is be sure we do not disrupt the dealer show. During the dealer show the boat basin is full of new Donzi product. This means limited to no dock space by the Boathouse resturant. In the evening there slips open at the other end of the basin near the quay.

For those who have deep pockets, The Ritz Carlton is now open and overlooks the boat basin where the dealer meeting will be held.

Fish boy
06-28-2002, 02:31 AM
For those of us without trailers, are there any hotels on the water that we can tie up over night? Do we need to sign up, or just show up?

WOT-sup
06-28-2002, 06:06 AM
As it stands, I leave for work on the 20th. l @#$%! See what I can do about that. Don't want to miss 2 home port events in 2 years. This should be a great time: cool place, wonderful boating.

Last Tango
06-28-2002, 08:01 AM
Can folks launch and recover boats at or near the x-Holiday Inn? I like the $59.00 rate better than the Ritz Carlton rates.

Donzi Blackhawk
06-28-2002, 08:59 AM
Here is what I have found thus far. The Holiday Inn airport marina has rooms for $75.25 per night. If you bring your boat by water the charge is $1.00 per foot, by trailer the parking lot is free. They have security after dark so all will be safe. This Holiday Inn is on hwy 41 in Bradenton, Fl. By car it is eight min. from the Sarasota Hyatt, by Donzi it is 2 min from the Sarasota Hyatt. If interested give Bryce a call at (941) 355-2781. She can give you more information. In the mean time I will try to find additional lodging.

ToonaFish
06-28-2002, 02:59 PM
The Cheetah has group rates for what, exactly? eek! :rolleyes: eek!

What's with the Ritz, they are opening more branches lately than a burger franchise...

Digger
06-28-2002, 03:33 PM
Mapsource says 905 miles... :rolleyes:
I would really like to come down there, would like to meet the southern contingent that weren't able to make AOTH ...would love to boat the water down there ...all I do is bitch about how muddy and shallow the Potomac is... I'll be looking at this real hard-

Cuda
06-28-2002, 03:58 PM
Count us in, even though we will be the bastard child with a Formula. :) We just bought our second Formula, a 242 LS, so I may sell the 20 and look for an 18 Classic. :D

RickSE
06-28-2002, 05:27 PM
Anybody have room for 2 on their boat? My wife and I will be in the area July 18th thru the 26th, attending the dealer meeting. I'd love to meet up with you guys but will be boatless since we're flying in.

Donzi Blackhawk
06-28-2002, 08:45 PM
I have great news everyone. Richard from the Holiday Inn e-mailed me telling me that he will extend Donzi's corporate rate to us at $59.00 per room. I will call him monday to confirm this. This hotel would be a perfect meeting place for all of us. Saturday morning I have to drive one of the Donzi's for the 2003 photo shoot. I am told it may be the 22 zx. Thanks Mike Miller for including me again! Yes!!

Last Tango
06-28-2002, 10:01 PM
Donzi Blackhawk, et al,
I, too, received a nice e-mail from Richard at the Holiday. I think it is an excellent location! I stayed there two years ago when I came down to watch my Classic 18 being built. I enjoyed the location, and it sounds like they have spruced things up recently. Unless Mark Albers has a different suggestion or some objection to the Holiday, I say we meet there! Let us know so we can make reservations.
Digger, McDill is a good distance from the suggested location for this event. When you are a thousand miles away, it all sounds close, but McDill is a good hour plus drive from where we are locating in Sarasota. However...If you are able to catch a hop to McDill or to NAS JAX, you can ride with me to and from the event! I live just minutes from NAS JAX. I plan to leave Friday to get to Sarasota (5 hour drive), and return on Tuesday to Jacksonville (I'm gonna hang around long enough to see Toona at CHEETAH's, Monday night!!!! :D )

Fish boy
06-29-2002, 05:33 AM
does any one know if we will be able to get near the dealer meeting or get a chance to see the new Donzis they are going they are going to have there?

smokediver
06-29-2002, 01:04 PM
I am going to be able to come to this one. My wife dia is coming also. I will be bringing my 16 so i will have room (albiet tight) for two. let me know where to call for reservations. thanks and see you soon !!!

Donzi Marine VP
06-29-2002, 10:42 PM
Hello Gang!

Looks like you may have a party happenning real soon!

If you decide to go forward with a Sarasota gathering the weekend of July 19th I would like to extend some type of assistance.

Let's talk about a Saturday night party, maybe at the Hyatt. I will call and see if they have an opening available. I will cover the cost of the ballroom if it is available. Donzi will also arrange for and pay for entertainment for the evening if your group desires.

We'll also bring some goodies to give away to the group. (Gotta love the freebies).

As mentioned by someone earlier in the thread, our dealer meeting begins that Sunday, so we are overwhelmed with preparations for that event. But I also feel it is important to support all of you who own our product. With that said, I am sure Mike and I, along with the Donzi Girls, can sneak out and spend one night with all of you!

Let me know if you have any interest in this. We would love to help any way we can.

Nick Miller

Donzi Marine VP
06-29-2002, 10:44 PM
BTW,

Friday night would work just as well for all of us. Let us know which is better for you.

Nick

ToonaFish
06-29-2002, 11:01 PM
I can't believe I'm entertaining this idea, and it's wacky even for me, but this keeps sounding better and better! "Donzi is the greatest" doesn't start to cover it.

So... does anyone know what the running time from Tarpon Springs (Anclote) to Sarasota would be? Say 45mph or so. Just curious.

Oh... and what is the statute of limitations in the state of Florida? Just curious.

Bunches,

Celene 'hmmmhhhh... the Miller boys and freebies?'

Last Tango
06-30-2002, 07:28 PM
Nick,
I'm so thankful that you are offering to host some activities for us that weeekend! I believe we are at YOUR CONVENIENCE when it comes to hosting the party, but I believe that Saturday night would work better for most of us due to travel considerations. I plan to be there either way! And I think I'm gonna drag Bob Witty along (All About Boats, St. Augustine) in order to tell him what I REALLY want to order this year.
I was just about to post a missive to the SEADOGs to make certain that we did not interfere with the Dealers meeting. Thank you for offering to host us for a party! What a great opportunity for some of our newest members to meet you and maybe your brother, too! (Well, yes, and maybe some of those gorgeous Donzi models, too, not that I'm begging or anything)
As always, YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!!
Mark Laszlo :cool: (Supreme SEADOG)

Donzi Marine VP
06-30-2002, 08:46 PM
Mark,

I will call the Hyatt tomorrow to see if the ballroom is available. If not we will find something nearby. Keep your fingers crossed, the Hyatt would be convenient for a Sat party.

I'll get back with you!

Nick Miller

Mark Albers
06-30-2002, 09:59 PM
Bryant

Can you get us into factory for a quick tour ???

I think we should coordinate a schedule as to not interfere with the dealer meeting

I will try to upload a map of the area
(Cheetah, Hotel, Car wash, Bail Bonds, Coast Guard, Liquor stores, etc...) :p

Sarasota - - - W F O (close to the factory and far from a dream)

Last Tango
07-01-2002, 05:41 AM
Mark Albers,
I agree whole heartedly with NOT doing ANYTHING that interferes with the dealer meeting. Nick is being totally generous offering us the party. I think we should take the gift and not sniff the wrappings. The "tour" of the Hyatt harbour that was originally suggested by MadPoodle should be the only tour we ask for this weekend. 'Poodle suggested we arrive by boat, in parade fashion, do a lap of the inner harbor in front of the Hyatt, and then depart. I think that would be a great way to show the dealers what a core of enthusiasts exists out there.
Folks, Nick and Mike are working on the Third Annual Donzi Owners Gathering for sometime in September or October, most likely at the same location. Let's save the factory tours and new boat tours for then. It's just my opinion, but I think they love us there and they want to do as much as possible for us. But the Dealer Meeting is BUSINESS for them. Let's do whatever WE can do to show OUR support for the factory at the July event, and let them entertain US later.
Nick, the party sounds great!
I'm making my reservations today at the Holiday Inn and I hope everyone else does, too.
Mark

Donzi Blackhawk
07-01-2002, 08:55 AM
Mark, I spoke with Nick Miller this morning. He needs an approximate boat count, plus how many people will be in Sarasota to enjoy the weekend.

I will be there with my Blackhawk so the count is now officially (one). Who else can we count on?

Last Tango
07-01-2002, 01:08 PM
I will be there with one guest. I have made my room reservation at the Holiday Inn. I will NOT be bringing my boat this time (so I guess we will be begging for rides with others).
A quick count from the thread above looks like 15 boats and 30 plus people, assuming everyone above who said they would be there, actually shows, and assuming an average of two per boat plus some extras like me.

Tidbart
07-01-2002, 01:44 PM
Donzi Blackhawk,
Did you have a chance to confirm a rate with Holiday Inn? Would like the phone number when you do. I am a bit confused about which Inn we are talking about.
I don't want to end up in the wrong hotel and have the only Donzi in the lot.
Thanks, Bob

Donzi Blackhawk
07-01-2002, 02:46 PM
Hello Everyone,
I spoke with Richard at the Holiday Inn Airport Marina and he confirmed the $59.00 per room rate.
He told me that everyone should contact Debbie Knutson at (941) 552-2315 to make a reservation. Tell her that you are part of the Donzi owners club gathering. They will work to put us in a block of rooms. E-mail me with any specific questions, donziengineer@yahoo.com

Fish boy
07-01-2002, 07:33 PM
Donzi BlakcHawk,
I will be there with one guest in my 23-fish and my brother will also come in his 22 classic with at least one guest, maybe more. Please count two more boats and at least 4 more people.

Jody

Tidbart
07-02-2002, 06:33 AM
One boat, 2 people.

Yeeha!!

Bob

smokediver
07-02-2002, 11:23 AM
one boat , me and my anchor i mean wife. my dad might come down on saturday for the day.

Mark Albers
07-02-2002, 11:30 AM
Tango Master :p

Sense my wife isnt "Coast Guard Approved" :D

You can copilot my 93 classic

Now all I need is a count for "Cheetah Tour"

Donzigo
07-02-2002, 12:01 PM
Donzigo will be there with the Z-33, I will have room for four for whatever. I'll be coming from St. Petersburg and not staying there, since it's so close. Looking forward to meeting everyone, sicne I couldn't attend the AOTH II.

Donzi Blackhawk
07-02-2002, 04:13 PM
Hello Everyone,

The response thus far has been great. Don't forget to call Debbie at the Holiday Inn Airport Marina to book your reservations. Just a quick question, what would everyone like to do when we get together on Saturday? How about a mini (local) poker run? Give me your input.

Bryant

Jamesbon
07-02-2002, 04:32 PM
I'll be there, sans the boat.

Stromer
07-02-2002, 07:30 PM
Hello Folks - I'm Back
I had been out for a long time!

GeneD - when did ya move to St Pete?

Mark from Sarasota - we need to hook up for some Donzi stories and beers.

I really want to make it to a SEADOG gathering but I need to be at my own dealer meeting at the Vinoy Resort in St. Pete.

Is the date set in stone?

Fish boy
07-02-2002, 08:00 PM
Mark,
Do you have any more details on the Cheeeeeetaaaaaahhhhh excursion???

Last Tango
07-02-2002, 08:20 PM
Stromer! Welcome back! Were you on deployment or something?
The date for THIS event is definately set in cold hard stone since it revolves around the dealer event. BUT, we also have Eufaula 4 (also set in stone) on Labor day weekend.
AND, if we can find out whatever happened to 'Cuda and the Suwanee River event, we could easily try that in early August or something.

Celene? So are you a fer shure on this event? Inquiring minds want to know.

Last Tango
07-02-2002, 08:32 PM
Mark Albers,
Thank you for the co-pilot invitation! I look forward to riding with you!
Until Nick Miller gets back to us on the exact night of his party for us, I suggest we hold the Cheetah party idea. Once Nick tells us which night Donzi is hosting us, then we'll pick a different night. Is The Cheetah open on Sunday nights? (Does a bear %$#@ in the woods?) However, you can count me in for that, too.

Celene, whycomefor I haven't seen you step up to claim a spot for Eufala 4. You CAN'T miss THAT!

Donzi Blackhawk
07-03-2002, 07:45 AM
Hello again,

The Holiday Inn Airport Marine has a block of rooms reserved for us so give them a call. They gave us a tracking code to use "2DON". The Holiday Inn address is: 7150 N. Tamiami Trail Sarasota, Florida 34243 (941) 355-2781.

They have a great pool bar. What time and where do we all want to meet?

Bryant

ToonaFish
07-03-2002, 12:38 PM
At this point, it's not looking good for the Sota Float... I'm still working on a Plan D, and if it gels, you guys will be the first to know.

All this talk about fireworks on the Suncoast is making me verrry homesick!

Bunches,

Celene 'watermelon doesn't taste right without a little beach sand'

smokediver
07-03-2002, 04:56 PM
i made res. for fri. and sat. night. maybe we can go out sat. night also . my wife said she would tuck a buck !

Donzi Marine VP
07-03-2002, 05:33 PM
Hello Sarasota Bound Donzi Owners!

I have spoken with the Hyatt and the ballroom is available for me to book. The room, the live entertainment, and the free goodies are compliments of Donzi.

The dinner will cost approximatley $42.00 per person. I am not sure if that fits into everyone's budget, so therefore I need to hear from the "person" heading this party up to be sure it's okay to book it.

Let me know if you would like to move forward. If you decide to I can ensure a memorable night for all!!

Nick Miller

Fish boy
07-03-2002, 05:41 PM
Bryant or anyone else,

I read earlier that we may all get together and go en-mass to the Quay where the dealer meeting is. What a fantastic idea!!! I am sure the number and variety of Donzis will make quite an impression at the dealer meeting (and on the rest of Sarasota for that mattter).

Has a time and place been set to meet prior to heading to the Quay?

Fish Boy
http://www.donzi.net/photos/donzi2bb.jpg

Last Tango
07-03-2002, 07:46 PM
Nick,
I'm all in for Saturday night at the Hyatt and the dinner price is fine with me (know how good the food was last time).

Folks, you need to answer up here for Nick, so he can tell what the consensus is. Byrant and Mark Albers need to know. If you think the price is too high, don't just whine about it, make an alternative suggestion for the SEADOGs to consider. Time is running out, so get your "vote" in ASAP.

Last Tango
07-03-2002, 07:51 PM
Fish Boy,
Setting times and places has never been a planning strength of the SEADOGs. Things just sort of happen at a comfortable time. No point in US setting a time until we have a feel for when the dealers will actually be out on the boats (there could be a morning gathering inside before they see the boats - it would be silly to preplan a 10:00 tour, if no-one is there to see us). I'll try to find out something this weekend from Nick or Mike.

Fish boy
07-04-2002, 05:45 AM
Thanks Mark. Rookie Mistake; just didn't want to miss the fun.

Fish Boy

smokediver
07-04-2002, 07:20 AM
we are in for saturday night dinner(2).

J&K SHAHBAS
07-04-2002, 04:24 PM
John&Kathy are in!! Thanks for the invite. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Mark lets crack the whip on this one!!

Donzigo
07-06-2002, 11:16 PM
Richard & Smila are infor the Saturday night dinner. We were down at the Sarasota offshore festivities, today, Saturday, July 6th. Too bad DONZI wasn't represented with a boat. We had hoped to see the newest DONZI race boat. Sarasota will be a lot of fun for the SEADOGS get together.

Kathy & John, are you going down by boat from St. Pete?

Richard

J&K SHAHBAS
07-07-2002, 08:28 AM
Sorry guys work as always has thrown a wrench into my plans. We will have to wait untill Sept.
Have some fun,look forward to the next time. J&K

Mark Albers
07-07-2002, 11:50 PM
Two Left toed Tango wink

Lets see...

Guys like dancing/exotic/nude/entertainers...
Girls (dancers etc..) like boat excursions...
Donzi likes happy dealers who sell their goods...
Can you judge the direction of the tide here ???

Last time I checked (spent) a private dance = $40
So a free boat ride should be a wash

Can you say all encompassing ???
or
Can you see one hell of a get together ???

Who says you cant buy some customers ??? (thank god for AMEX)

Tidbart
07-08-2002, 06:18 AM
Ranya and I will be in for dinner. (2)

Bob

Tidbart
07-08-2002, 02:53 PM
Time to start a new post?? Maybe with the tentative schedule of events and a list of attendees? It is getting difficult to follow.
Just a thought.
Bob

RickSE
07-08-2002, 03:06 PM
Yes, I agree and would like to see a tentative schedule. My wife and I would like to come down early before the conference but I'm waiting to see what sort of things will be happening.

Guys I don't have this years schedule in front of me but most of the factory boats will be docked by Sunday night, with a few straglers showing up Monday morning. The engines will be running and boats going out with dealers by early Monday morning, 9-10am. The boats will continue to run for the rest of the day, til late afternoon. It will be something to see, Donzi usually brings the best of the best to the conference. ProLine will also be there so there should be a lot of boats. For those who want to have some fun follow the big boats out into the Gulf and pray for big water.
2002 Donzi Dealer Conference (http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=320399&uid=159309)
2001 Donzi Dealer Conference (http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=329424&uid=159309)

Last Tango
07-08-2002, 08:21 PM
Okay,
I "propose" the following itinerary:
Friday night:
Arrivals at the Holiday Inn, etc.
Gather in the parking lot near the Donzi's on trailers at 7:00 PM. Boat talk until about 9-ish.
Depart for Cheetahs at 9-ish. Select your boat partner for Saturday.
Saturday:
Breakfast at a local eatery around 8am
Gather at Holiday Inn parking lot around 10-ish to prepare to launch boats - go launch boats at city marina.
Cruise the harbor at the Hyatt to recognoiter and "practice" for Monday, then go to a fun eatery on the water - suggestions from the locals on where to eat.
After lunch cruise back to the city marina, recover boats not staying the water over night, secure those that are, return to respective hotel rooms, shower, change to party clothes.
7 PM meet at the Hyatt Hotel for an evening with the Miller Brothers and other fun stuff. Dinner will be $42.00 per person payable to Nick Miller upon arrival. Eat Drink Laugh Sing Dance 'til...
Sunday:
Late sleep-in - breakfast at a local eatery.
Launch boats at 11AM for a different waterfront destination - selected by those with local knowlege. Shopping and sightseeing in Sarasota for those from out of State.
Evening, dinner and party at a location to be determined by the group.
Monday morning:
9AM launch boats - gather just outside the entrance to the Hyatt harbor. 10AM Enter the Harbor in single file, no wake, engines revving. Do at least a couple laps. Shout interesting things to the Miller Brothers who will have partied late and be hung over, yet still had to get up at 5AM to start the dealer conference. Offer dealers a chance to ride in OUR Donzi's!
See what the day brings...
Afternoon, lean on Rick S to make sure we get to be his propects to see the new boats!
Monday evening, recovery and departure.

Last Tango
07-08-2002, 08:31 PM
Nick Miller,
Looks like 24 for dinner Saturday night at the Hyatt. Probably more at the last minute. I still expect you and Mike to sing for our supper.

Nate,
I'm going to be forced to bring Last Tango after all. I CAN'T come to this without my boat, but I need some muscle to help me launch and recover. Can you be there?

CrackerJack
07-08-2002, 08:42 PM
Mark,
What time do you plan on going thru Orland? Maybe we can meet at my place and go over together.
Brandon and I can help you in what ever you need.

Tidbart
07-09-2002, 06:30 AM
Mark, sounds like a plan. See you at the Holiday Inn.
Bob

Mark Albers
07-09-2002, 07:51 AM
Last Tango wink

Put me down for the dinner

I would recomend that you dont luanch your boats latter then 10:00 am
The city marina parking spots fill up fast

If anybody is boatless
I still have room on my 93-Classic

Do you know what the schedule is for the Donzi dealers show ??? (would like check out the hardware)

Look forward to meeting the aficionados

WOT-sup
07-09-2002, 10:56 AM
Two more for Saturday night....... IF the scheduling powers don't mess with us, both Mrs. WOT-sup and I will be in town and attending the Saturday night party (thanks Millers!).
I'll be around for much of the other festivities. Very good thinking on the Cheetah Club. I live here, kinda (Sarasota, not the Cheetah), but about 10 miles south of downtown (close to 20 miles from the Holiday Inn). If I can provide local knowledge or be of assistance, give me a shout.
There is some great boating to be done in SRQ, this will be a blast!!!!!!! You guys are going to lover this place (Sarasota, not just the Cheetah) For any wives who are hesitant to come to SRQ, there are plenty of non-boating 'draws' here (art galleries, museum, shopping, etc).
Bobcat Goldplate will be at Mcgurdies Comedy Club down the street from HI on Friday night and Sunday night. Might be good for a laugh.

I'm way behind in reading posts, lots has happened!
Mark: quadruple bypass!!!! will be particularly glad to see you, God bless.
Poodle: a 502!
What else am I going to find working thru these? Guess the moral is don't ever get behind.

SEADOGS--let 'er rip.

Brad and Bobbi

WOT-sup
07-09-2002, 10:57 AM
Two more for Saturday night....... IF the scheduling powers don't mess with us, both Mrs. WOT-sup and I will be in town and attending the Saturday night party (thanks Millers!).
I'll be around for much of the other festivities. Very good thinking on the Cheetah Club. I live here, kinda (Sarasota, not the Cheetah), but about 10 miles south of downtown (close to 20 miles from the Holiday Inn). If I can provide local knowledge or be of assistance, give me a shout.
There is some great boating to be done in SRQ, this will be a blast!!!!!!! You guys are going to lover this place (Sarasota, not just the Cheetah) For any wives who are hesitant to come to SRQ, there are plenty of non-boating 'draws' here (art galleries, museum, shopping, etc).
Bobcat Goldplate will be at Mcgurdies Comedy Club down the street from HI on Friday night and Sunday night. Might be good for a laugh.

I'm way behind in reading posts, lots has happened!
Mark: quadruple bypass!!!! will be particularly glad to see you, God bless.
Poodle: a 502!
What else am I going to find working thru these? Guess the moral is don't ever get behind.

SEADOGS--let 'er rip.

Brad and Bobbi

HELLERBOY
07-09-2002, 03:24 PM
I use the boat ramps regulary, and now that it's summer to make shure everyone can launch and find a spot to park(without a ticket)I'm thinking 8ish so your in the H2O by 9:00. 10:00 starts to get a little late(and if it's going to be a hot one the place will be packed)
There is also a launch by mote.

Just my .2cents (boating costs plenty,we don't need to give to the parking charity.)

smokediver
07-09-2002, 04:21 PM
mark, i will give you a hand with your boat. looking foward to meeting everyone, are there any other wives going to the cheetah?

RickSE
07-09-2002, 05:17 PM
Does anyone still have room for 2, probably on Sunday?

Donzi-Go?
Mark Albers (looks like you may have picked someone up already)?

Last Tango
07-09-2002, 08:59 PM
To all those who will be boatless for this weekend, fear not. My experience with these events is there are always plenty of seats to go around. Just show up!

Sounds to me like we need to plan on launching earlier than is normal for this group. So be it! We will adjust the schedule accordingly. Stragglers beware!
We can always do breakfast at the Hyatt on Saturday and Sunday mornings after we launch the boats. It is just a few minutes away. Make a good "family" shot as well.

Last Tango
07-09-2002, 09:06 PM
Hellerboy,
Tell us more about the ramp by the motel. Maybe we should be launching there instead of the city ramp?

Jamesbon
07-10-2002, 08:56 AM
I'd be glad to assist, Mark.

Yeah, 2 more for din din.

HELLERBOY
07-10-2002, 09:21 AM
As of last nignt I now have a full boat on sat. So thats 4 for dinner.
10th st. ramps by the Haytt: lots of ramps/little parking(free)
Ken Thompison park. ramps by mote marine: few ramps/lots of parking (free) (across the water from the 10th st. ramps(not far))ideal for 16&18's I have seen 25 go out but tight.
the Holiday Inn I have not uesd.

Last Tango
07-10-2002, 06:39 PM
Thanks, Nate! I look forward to seeing you and having you (and your guest) along for the ride.

Hellerboy,
Thanks for the info on the ramps. I guess we can decide at the last minute on Friday since we don't "reserve" at the ramps. The Holiday Inn has parking for those of us on the trailer. I suggest in the evenings we all park together as usual for security sake and convenience. At the hotel, rather than parking sideways across several spots, we can back into a line of spots next to each other, show style.

JKeefe and I plan to meet up in Sanford around 3-ish on Friday afternoon to drive down together. I will be leaving Jax around 1-ish. Anyone who wants to join the konga-line let me know.

Cuda
07-11-2002, 09:04 AM
Donzigo,
Hey Richard, send me an email, we may want to follow you down by water.

Donzigo
07-12-2002, 09:17 AM
Cuda,

Going together sounds like a plan. We were planning to go down Saturday morning. What's your time frame? 727-867-7020. How's about calling me?
My boat is behing my house. Is yours on a trailer. You can launch at Ft. Desoto or Maximo. Anybody else want to go together. Mathy & John? Kathy, you can go with Smila & I if John can't go. HP500, you going? Toona Fish, you asked about time from Tarpon Springs, you down this way? who else from north of Tampa Bay?

Cuda
07-12-2002, 10:21 PM
Richard, sent you an email. Either day is fine with us. Let's hope the weather gets better before next week. How far is it from your place? I'll call to firm up the plans later.

Joe

ToonaFish
07-13-2002, 12:06 AM
Ah, Richard, I tried to sneak across the state line for a weekend of Donzi fun, but it's just not happening. :( I'm thinking that maybe I can schedule a Tarpon visit that coincides with the Owner's gathering, fingers and other major body parts crossed...

Bunches,

Celene 'shrimp boat first mate'

Donzigo
07-13-2002, 09:19 PM
Sarasota Hyatt is 1 hour from my dock, Cuda.

HP 600SC
07-13-2002, 10:32 PM
Richard, the Genmar dealer meeting is at the Vinoy
in St.Pete starting the same Saturday...and lasting for 3 1/2 weeks. I dont think I will have time to get down there, but there is a small chance. Hope to see you all there.

Jamesbon
07-13-2002, 10:46 PM
Ted,
Forget about it! I'll be @ your house bright and early, have the 22 & trailer ready to go, and I mean 2" ball, life jackets, fire extinguisher and plenty of "blemin."....I'll take good care of "everything!"

Your G.L.N.!

It won't be the same w/o you!!

-N

Last Tango
07-14-2002, 06:03 PM
Proper trailer tire pressures - check
Trailer wheel bearings freshly greased - check
Boat motor fluids inspected - check
Boat motor run and battery charged - check
Boat cleaned and secure on trailer - check
Trailer spare tire pressure - check
Jeep tire pressures - check
Jeep oil and tranny fluid levels - check
Road emergency tools and jack - check
Boat safety equipment and spares - check
12 "Donzi" shirts of various origin - check
Directions to Holiday Inn, Sarasota - check
Room reservation letter - check
Cooler and sunscreen - check
Checklist complete
See ya there folks!

ToonaFish
07-14-2002, 07:40 PM
Um, you may want to pack a dollar for a dancer... eek!

Bunches,

Celene 'beware of stippers named Candi'

Dalelama
07-14-2002, 08:04 PM
Looks like I can head over for Saturday's din-din (put me down for one please, Nick!) Flying in to SRQ across the street from Holiday Inn Arpt. :D

Aerobatic sessions at Sebring that weekend.. hop, skip & jump away... :p

Dunno about a show in the Bay... withing SRQ airspace & they're kinda picky about that kinda thing eek! eek! ... mabey somewhere to the North or South... OUTSIDE of 5 mile radii of Holiday Inn.

Need ride from hotel to Radison... I'll take a cab or walk from the airport.

Looking foward to it ... WX permitting! :cool:

Donzi Blackhawk
07-15-2002, 01:17 PM
Hello Everyone,

I spoke with Nick Miller moments ago, he asked if I would like to give a plant tour to the Donzi owners on Sunday at 10:00 a.m. If anyone is interested, we will meet at Donzi Marine between 9:45 and 10:00 a.m. Until then I will see you Saturday evening at the Hyatt.

Bryant

Last Tango
07-15-2002, 08:52 PM
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
Bryant, I'm sure you will have a full house for your tour.
YYYEEEESSSSSS!

Mark Albers
07-15-2002, 09:39 PM
Donzi Aficionados :)

See picture of city ramp

http://donzi.net/photos/dnz13.jpg

There is a speedway gas station across the street
They have CAM 2 racing fuel (100 & 110 octane @ $3.90 per gal)

The manager at the Holiday Inn said there would be access for water flushing

Bryant
I would love to see the factory

RickSE
07-16-2002, 09:58 AM
Are you guys going to be getting on the water after the factory tour? If not I may cancel my trip down since I've already been to the factory a few times.

Last Tango
07-16-2002, 08:50 PM
'Poodle,
Thanks for the call. I think I have everything covered from this end. I'm traveling alone from Jax, but will meet up with Jack and Brandon on the way through Sanford.

Rick S,
'Poodle is absolutely correct about out plans to be on the water each day including Sunday. You are not alone. Several others will be Sunday-only, so we will make the most of every day and be on the water Sunday (weather permitting). Besides, I'm dying to show you what a "wet heat" is like compared to that AZ/NM "dry heat." My son and his family live in Lake Havasu City. They are maxing out on dry heat these days. If dry heat is so much better, then why do they run a "swamp" cooler in the house?

Stromer
07-17-2002, 09:11 PM
Ok guys - I must have missed it but... Is there an agenda? A Starting place?

I am hoping to get out Sat. and possible Sunday.

Let me know what's up.

THANKS!

Last Tango
07-17-2002, 09:31 PM
Stromer,
The agenda is on page three of this topic, about half way down the page. The only thing that has changed is the addition of the factory tour on Sunday morning (a couple lines up from this post). After the tour we will be in the water again on Sunday. Location for the launching will be either the Holiday Inn ramp or the city dock depending on who is where for the night. Saturday morning the Holiday Inn gang will launch and motor down to the city dock area to pick up any "stragglers" at that ramp, before the Saturday run to lunch. If you are staying at the Hyatt, stand out on the dock in front of the restsaurant. As we come into the bay, wave to us and someone will pick you up to join us.

RickSE
07-18-2002, 10:00 AM
I'm on my way. We're in 110 deg. Phoenix right now, catching a flight to Orlando this morning & meeting up with Donzigo Sunday morning. Staying at the Holiday Inn on Saturday night.

smokediver
07-18-2002, 03:19 PM
what exit off 75 do we take? are we meeting in the parking lot fri. eve ?

Donzi Blackhawk
07-18-2002, 04:24 PM
Hello Everyone,

Directions are super easy. I-75, exit #40 which is University Parkway, go west to Tamiami Trail, which is the same as US-41. Turn right going north for about two miles and the Holiday Inn Airport Marine is on your left. Back on University Parkway, if you turn left on US-41 heading south you will go into Sarasota. When you come to the Blvd. of the arts, turn right and you will see the Hyatt on your left. If you had stayed on 41, gone past the Hyatt, you will come to the city boat ramp located on 10th street. Everything is very easy to find. Have fun!

Last Tango
07-19-2002, 06:25 AM
Friday night meeting point is in the parking lot of the Holiday Inn. In general, make it a loose 7:30-ish. We want to meet, chat, look at boats, socialize, and then head out for Cheetah's. No reason so hurry.
See you all tonight!
Mark

Fish boy
07-19-2002, 09:18 PM
does anyone know where we will be meeting tomorrow for lunch? I probably will not make it to sarasota until after everyone leaves the dock and I would like to hook up with the gang.

Fish

Cuda
07-19-2002, 10:59 PM
We will be following Donzigo down by water. We will be leaving FT Desoto around 9 am, Richard says it's about an hour ride down there.