PDA

View Full Version : Burt Lake Is On : July 11th through the 14th!!!

Dr. Dan
06-25-2002, 06:26 PM
Ok Team, I know I posted this earlier this year, but it was looking sketchy until a week or so ago, looks like it's all systems go! Liz and I will be camping at Burt Lake State Park with my 3 Brothers and their respective troops! We will have the only boat there though! :p So if some of you guys wanted to hussle on up for the weekend or a day on the lake it would be way cool :cool: This is an informal thing, so it'll be pretty loose(not an official gathering) Anyone interested let me know? Boldts,Sam, Jamie,Chris,Ranman,Brad,Sagbay, Ol Red? ...Doc

boldts
06-25-2002, 08:59 PM
Doc,
Can you give me a town near the park so I can map it out. Wow, so much to do.... Lake Cumberland KY this weekend, Port Clinton, OH next weekend and Burt Lake State Park MI the following weekend? Eufala the end of August, Maybe Maryland and East PA early August for Thunder on the Bay, I don't need no stinkin vacation days, I'm on a whole summer vacation.... You gotta Love It. Now if I can just fit in Sarasota, Charlotte, and TX. Beth, are you packed again? :D

Dr. Dan
06-25-2002, 09:56 PM
Scott, Look for Little Traverse Bay, Petoskey is up there, follow State Route 31 & the intersection of 68, you'll see Burt Lake! Near by towns I highly recommend to visit are Harbor Springs(Rich),Charlevoix and of course Mackinac Island if you have time, great ferry ride and a great family day trip. The Lake is roughly a 4 to 5 hour ride no matter how you go from the southern Michigan Border(unless you do the scenic shore drive,which will take longer). We normally go North via Lansing and eventually pick up I-75,via 27. We will be coming out of Howell, Michigan. Leaving Thursday a.m... :p ...Doc

Riley
06-26-2002, 01:01 PM
Dr. Dan, if you are coming north from Howell, wouldn't it be quicker to hop on 23 and head north? I always seem to get stuck in traffic between Alma and St. Johns when I head down to Lansing on 27.

Dr. Dan
06-26-2002, 01:54 PM
Chris, Yes, you are correct sir, see what not living there for 25 years does to ya? We do go up toward Flint then P/U I-75...So Riley you showing your smiling face or what? :D ...Doc

boldts
06-26-2002, 04:08 PM
Doc,
Mapped it out last night and it doesn't look like that bad of a trip for us. How-ever, I also found out my sister from Charlotte, NC will be in-town that weekend and since the boat was not working the last time they were in town, my nieces and nephews really are looking forward to a ride in Uncle Scott's new boat. As you know, I also have a brother in South Eastern PA and I'm hoping to get over to visit with his family and catch "Thunder on the Bay" with him and a few of his friends. Donzi, if running, will of course be in tow! Have a safe trip to MI and I hope to see you in MD. :)

Riley
06-27-2002, 08:14 AM
Doc,
I'd like to hook up with you guys for at least one day. The problem is, I already have a boat/beach party planned here in the Les Cheneaux Islands for some of my customers on Saturday, JUly 13. We are looking at the usual cruise thru the Islands followed by a BBQ and a few beers. Laid back, but fun!

If you guys do the River Run to Cheboygan, you could always blast across the Straits and join us. Otherwise, I will probably come down on Thurs. or Friday to hang out, check out the boats, and try to meet some of the people from the website.

Keep us informed on your schedule, etc.

Thanks, Chris

Dr. Dan
06-27-2002, 09:39 AM
Chris, No Problem, My guess is my Family will arrive up there between 11:00 & 2:00pm on Thursday! I'll post all updates here so just follow along! Great if we can finally meet one day!... :D ...Doc

fasttrucker
06-27-2002, 03:49 PM
wish i could go.that area of the county is pretty,nicer then maine. :) the bridge that u have to go over to upstate mi,is a trip two semis must keep 100yds apart or bridge might fall down sign.kills me. eek! or not yet? eek! mackinac?

Dr. Dan
06-30-2002, 08:46 PM
O.K. I will be in and out over the next 2 weeks and want to know if I should keep an Eye out for anyone, if so post it here or leave me a voice mail and I'll look forward to meeting you... :cool: ...Doc 800-241-4494 ext 73535!

Riley
07-09-2002, 12:38 AM
Hey Doc, any more details on your itinerary while your up here in the North Country? Any other Donzi's making the trip up? Let me know what your plans are, and remember, the invitation is open to you and any other Donzi friends to come up to the Les Cheneax area for a day of boats, BBQ, and few beers on Sat. the 13th.

Dr. Dan
07-09-2002, 06:06 AM
Riley, No, I have no word from any other Donzis up near Burt Lake, I just wanted to let some of the Michigan Donzi Crew know I would be up there! It's Cool :cool: Leave me a voice mail with your numbers, if I can hook up with you I will...it is a family vacation so I have no idea what's scheduled for Saturday...I am just the boat driver!... :D ...Doc

Riley
07-09-2002, 08:21 AM
Okay Dan, you can either reach me at home(906)484-3427 or on my cell at (906)235-0708. If I'm not at home please leave a message and I'll call you back asap.

Thanks, Chris

Dr. Dan
07-15-2002, 10:48 AM
Well, We Are Back From the Great White North! Thought I'd post a brief report: :D The Weather was perfect, low humidity and clear all 4 days low 80's! Burt Lake is absolutely gorgeous eek! , so clear I felt guilty boating in it, imagine Lake George or Winni, but open spances of clear water,great for guys like Geo trying to break the sound barrier, smooth...met a possible future "Registry Member" owns a 16 and an 18 on Mullet Lake which is connected to Burt Lake just North. Also saw Thursday July 11th, a 16 or 18 heading South on I-75 around Harrison about 11:00am or so , don't know if it's one of you guys or not! Also saw a sweet looking 22 with Teal sides heading up I-75 on our way home Saturday, being towed by a white Escalade?
The State Park Facilities do have a Pavillion you can reserve, and camping is the way to go up there, I've never seen sooooo many RV'S and or Boats, mostly just small recreational or fishing boats...occasionally you would see something that would catch your eye though(FlatRacer, saw a Monster Jet Boat had your name all over it!)Might make for a good Northern Michigan Gathering next year if we put some planning into it....let me know if there is interest! wink Although this is not a resort/hotel type of set up! We are talking Northern Michigan here :rolleyes: so unless you head into one of the other local cities, it would be more of a family picnic and beach party environment! Great State Park, Great Time... :cool: ...Doc