PDA

View Full Version : Texas Get together

harbormaster
06-20-2002, 10:19 PM
I heard rumblings about one in September. Anyone interested??

oldLenny
06-20-2002, 10:54 PM
I'm interested. VERY MUCH. Never been to Texas.
Won't be bringing a boat tho and therefore am just "ugly luggage".

But, if someone needs ballast???

..like 155LBS will make a difference...I've seen lunches that weigh more than that. :rolleyes:

roadtrip se
06-21-2002, 05:26 PM
Okay here is some facts to go along with them rumblings! September 27-29 are the dates with The Cliffs serving as home base.

http://www.thecliffs.com/

We have a lake house at Possum Kingdom. It is a beautiful deep water lake about 90 miles west of Fort Worth. The lake features tall cliffs and lies at the start of the high plains of Texas.
Beautiful place with about 30 miles of obstruction free water.

The Cliffs feature a brutal golf course, first class marina, and a beautiful hotel perched on the cliffs above the lake with a fantastic view.

The Somerville's feature a kegger, Geoo-style gas blender, Gator utility cart, and a Oklahoma Joe smoker with enough capacity to feed lot of people.

Scott and Heidi Baxter are honored guests for the weekend. Figured we could learn a few things from an official Sea Dog!

Harbormaster, Farmer Tex, River rat, Freight Dog, Classic Razorback, avickers, Lenny, and anyone else who wants to make the trip; you're all welcome!

Silly name for a lake, but a great place to run a Donzi...

Todd

roadtrip se
06-24-2002, 08:43 PM
Thought I would tempt my fellow Texans with a nice shot of Possum Kingdom from high above
on the cliffs. This is the view from the hotel..

http://www.donzi.net/photos/tsomerville12.jpg

Team Jefe
07-03-2002, 03:56 PM
Sounds like a great time. Count us in for now, with a 30ZF. As with everything, my job could get in the way.

Maybe Scot and I can get a caravan working up I-45.

JEFE

harbormaster
07-04-2002, 06:32 AM
A caravan would be good.

roadtrip se
07-09-2002, 07:02 PM
I've got a buddy in Houston that comes to PK
quite a bit. Caravan would take about 5 1/2 hours. I believe the route is 290 to 6 to 281.
Something like that. Definitely more direct than driving to Dallas and a nice ride through the Hill Country.

Also have had inquiries from another Scott from up north that is the president of a certain Donzi club that could be located somewhere around Kentucky. My count shows four Scotts! We're going to have to pin numbers on you guys!

Should be a lot of fun. Cool air, cool water, and cool Shiner beer after. Let me know if you all have any questions about the resort or the lake.

Looking forward to it,

Todd

roadtrip se
07-22-2002, 01:22 PM
Yes it's still on! Not going to be huge with
five or six boats, but it is a definite!

Bring it on Lenny!

Todd

oldLenny
07-27-2002, 02:47 PM
Todd, sorry, I deleted my last post from a while back and regenerated a "new" one. Hence your reply that doesn't make sense...How many people are staying at the "Cliffs"? Is it a 2 night stay or three eg: Friday, Saturday and Sunday?
Have we got any "specials" here if there are some people staying there or do we just book our own rooms?

roadtrip se
07-28-2002, 07:23 PM
Lenny,

I see this being a Friday and Saturday night deal
with folks pulling out Sunday in the pm.

If you have a camper, you can stay in the campground on the property with full facilities,
including showers.

At the hotel, they do give a discount to members of 10-15 percent. If you chose to stay there, I suggest you make a reservation, and then when you check in, I can meet you and ask for the discount.
Very, very nice facility!

Looking forward to meeting you and seeing the new 16!

Todd

oldLenny
07-28-2002, 07:34 PM
Not bringing the motorhome this time. TOOOO far and things can (do) happen. I am coming down with a "mechanic buddy" or at least someone who likes playing with broken stuff. If all goes well I will be in Houston about Tues/Wednesday by old Chevy Van. Will then pick up Scots' boat and the new trailer, (hopefully under it) and mosey up into Fort Worth area on Thursday eve. I am going to stay at Possum for 3 nights. I am departing on Monday am and doing a couple of 2-4's (hours this time, not beers :rolleyes: ) and will then be home with some luck.

Can't wait!!! :D

harbormaster
07-28-2002, 10:15 PM
Lenny,
I can arrange to put the boat on the new trailer.

harbormaster
08-12-2002, 10:34 PM
So Far I Have me, Lenny, Roadtrip, and poodle.
Anyone else in Houston wanna go? Lets get an attebdance going. Hey Polly and Mark Horne, Are you guys coming?

oldLenny
08-13-2002, 09:15 AM
As if I don't have enough things to worry about already on this "trip", but I am just curious...

Should I be bringing my Mosquito repellent?...The last thing I really want is some sort of "West Nile Virus" :rolleyes:

roadtrip se
08-13-2002, 02:27 PM
Mark and Patty Horne, Scott Dabbs, and Bruce Donze are also confirmed...

Lenny, leave the mosquito repellent at home.
I would bring some sun block and your camera.

Scott, still working on your directions...

Looking forward to a nice
little Donzi get together!

Todd

roadtrip se
08-14-2002, 09:52 PM
Directions from houston....

Here it is ?!?

Depending on your starting point.
a) From North side of Houston..... I-45 north to Conroe. In
Conroe, take Hwy 105
west to Navasota. In Navasota, get on Hwy 6 north to Waco-Bryan-etc.
b) From South or West side. Beltway 8 to Hwy 290. 290 West to Hwy
6 (Bryan-
Colledge Station.) North.

From here, all are the same.
Stay on Hwy 6 for quite a while. Be careful in Waco. Just outside of
Waco, you must
exit the freeway to stay on Hwy 6. (Welcome to Texas). You will be on
Hwy 6 for another
hour and a half or so past Waco. In Hico, you will want to get on 281
North. You really
don't have to do anything, the road will curve and become 281 past
scenic downtown Hico.
Stay on 281 for another hour and a half or so. Past I-20, to Mineral
Wells.
In Mineral Wells, look for Hwy 180 West. (in the middle of downtown).
Take 180 West
for about 5 mi or so and look for 377 North. Intersection is just past a
local restarunt and
fleabag hotel. Stay on 377 for about 30 min or so. You will come to
and intersection
with a gas station and a few other buildings in the middle of nowhere.
That intersection
should be Hwy 254. Hang a left and take 254 West for about 15-20 mi.
It will dead end
into Hwy 16. Hang another left, and take 16 South until you reach the
enterance to the
subdivision. Simple, eh? Enjoy!

Steve

Note: All times and distances somewhat approximate and are the
recollection of a
somewhat faulty memory. All route numbers and directions, however, are
correct.

roadtrip se
09-09-2002, 03:59 PM
ttt

Just wanted to get this back up top!

Lake level was one foot below full this weekend
and looked great.

Weather is cooling off a little and should be great for running Donzis.

Lenny. Saw your post on another thread about preparations for the trip. Bring your hip waders, if you're concerned about a little sub-tropical rain! :D

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!

Holler at me if you got any questions!

Todd

farmer tx
09-23-2002, 09:22 PM
Roadtrip SE
Looking forward to this weekend.
Just wondering if the head count
was about the same.Am going to get the
bovine tomorrow.Let me know if we need anything else.Hope to see all interested Donzi nuts there.
I'll talk to you in a day or so.

ToonaFish
09-24-2002, 03:03 AM
Run Bessie Run! Farmer Horne has evil intentions... don't accept his invitation for a little boat ride under any circumstances!

Bunches,

Celene 'vegan-wannabe, except when Mark is wielding the tongs on the grill'

roadtrip se
09-24-2002, 08:05 AM
Mark figure on a dozen people, plus a couple, for your bovine exploits. Looks like we might have a few wind blown refugees coming in from the south, so call me and lets plan accordingly!

Todd

Hotspare
09-27-2002, 10:06 AM
"WOW MAN" Can't believe it's actually happening ... Going to my first Real DONZI EVENT !!!!!!!! It's kinda funny though,,, I roamed these Lakes years ago in two different DONZI's that I owned, and people didn't even know what they were ....... I think it's fitting that I have "MY DAY" in my own backyard ...... I'm talking ofcourse about Todd's place on beautiful PK. With a quaint, but impressive guest list, not to slight anyone ...... THERE'S.... TODD, THE HARBORMASTER, POODLE, LENNY, RIVERRATT, AND SOME OTHER GOD'S OF THE BOARD ....... Man ,,,, I feel like I'm walking into a "LIONS DEN" HERE ........ ANYWAY,,, I'M SURE IT'LL BE A BLAST,,,,,,,,,, WHO KNOWS,,,, THIS MIGHT JUST FORCE ME INTO DONZI #3 .............. later Bruce ...........

farmer tx
09-27-2002, 02:19 PM
We are leaving at 4:00 trying to make it by
8:30. Hope to see everyone there.Tod,keep a
burger warm for P.J. and I.

Formula Jr
09-29-2002, 06:36 PM
SOOOOoooooooo.... Whats the scoop on Possum Kingdom. Did you guys have a good time?
Did you do a few line dances, ride some mechanical bulls, drink alot of Lone Stars?

oldLenny
10-01-2002, 06:42 PM
Just got in the door from there. Man, another 52 hour straight drive. That was brutal.

That is the most fun I've had in a while. Sorry Owen, but the length and distance scared me away from your coast on that trip. I will be seeing you soon. I have 120 pictures at the store getting "CD'd" as we speak. Good stuff coming SOOONNN!!! Promise.

Formula Jr
10-01-2002, 09:57 PM
Look at what you guys did! Show Lenny all your pretty Donzis and now a Formula Jr isn't good enough anymore......
http://www.epud.net/~owen/cry.gif

harbormaster
10-02-2002, 03:20 AM
Glad you made it home Lenny. You and Gerry are welcome down here anytime. The adoption papers are in the mail.

Darrell
10-08-2002, 03:43 PM
ROADTRIP:

COUNT ME IN NEXT YEAR FOR P.K., WE COME DOWN FROM OKLAHOMA 6 OR 7 TIMES A YEAR. MY DONZI WAS NOT DELIVERED UNTIL OCTOBER AND I DON'T THINK I COULD HAVE GOT IN WITH A SCARAB.

P.S. FOR THE GUY WHO HASN'T SEEN A DONZI ON THE LAKE, CHECK OUT A COOL YELLOW 33ZX AT THE CLIFFS MARINA, AND NOW THERE NOW MY WHITE AND RED 26ZX.

DARRELL