PDA

View Full Version : Alex Bay?

MOP
06-06-2002, 11:52 PM
Are there any dates set for the Alex Bay area, there was a great Thunder on the bay up there last year. I got a few good pic's am going to shoot with much faster film this year. If anyone has any good stuff going on it that area late July or early August please post I will be up that way.

Extreme Measures
06-12-2002, 09:00 PM
Mop. I just got the poker run booklet yesterday and left it at my office.I will check the dates for Alex Bay for you.Mop do you live near Alex Bay? Or just up on holidays? My wife and I live in Kingston if you are in the area let us know we can get together. Kingston------Alex Bay about 45 minutes away.We keep our boat at Treasure Island Marina. Your friends in boating

:cool: Extreme Measures :cool:

boxy
06-13-2002, 08:28 AM
The Alex Bay Poker Run is next weekend, the Gananogue Poker Run is the weekend of August 24/25. There is a classic boat race in Brockville this weekend called Thunder on the Bay, and there will be another classic race in Clayton New York later in the summer.
vintage hydroplane races (http://www.vintagehydroplanes.com/2002events.html)

EM will you be in the islands this weekend ? I will probably be on the water Saturday afternoon, and maybe Sunday.

Extreme Measures
06-13-2002, 04:25 PM
Boxy we will be on the water this weekend if the weather is good. do you still have my cell # if not here it is 539-0677 thanks Chris

GEOO
06-13-2002, 09:20 PM
MOP,

Where do you live? Where do you do your boating?
I boat in Long Island Sound and the area all the time.. GEOO

MOP
06-13-2002, 10:27 PM
Hi I boat in Peconic bay and trailer some. I want to drag my 16 up to my buddies place he has his very own island in Blind Bay which is next to Alex Bay. I am one of those guys that sell holes in the water for people to throw money in. I have been consiring with Scott our Harbor Master to work up a cheap plan to get members boat that are for sale up on my commercial sites. Watch for his post, ball is now in his court. I am planing on getting up to the St. Lawrence in August I will try to set a date from the feed back I get on events and who is going to be around. Wondering how long it takes by water to Kingston!

MOP
06-13-2002, 10:38 PM
EM just checked the map and my memory! Was in Kingston last year, beat our selves up a bit in my buddies Regal bow rider. Nice town, melted my plastic in the shops. Want to go back to the magic shop had some great stuff you can't find down here. I will look you up but possibly by land. By the way do you keep your boat in that marina that looks like a fort? I did see a few real nice boats there.

boxy
06-14-2002, 09:22 AM
MOP if you cross over to the Canadian channel at Abay, and run up our side of the river, you'll find the water less rough. It will take you about an hour or so.
FYI - the US channel is the main shipping seaway to Lake Ontario, the Canadian channel runs in amongst the islands, so it is more river like.

MOP
06-14-2002, 09:51 PM
Hi thats the way we went last time, we went through the very narrow cut where us and Canada are the closest. Really a beautiful area, when we are up there we boat all over and do the jet ski thing way up the back rivers. Everyone one should try to make it up that way at least one in thier life. I go to Bolt Castle every time I go up to see the continuing reatoration. And the old boat work shops, museums. And of course the crystal clear water.

MOP
06-19-2002, 10:38 PM
Looking around hard for a 23" OMC Cobra prop in aluminum to use up by Capt. EM due to the Extemely hard bpttom (ALL ROCK) most areas up by him!

MOP
06-19-2002, 10:41 PM
OK OK! I forgot Capt. BOXY! Have to try to hook up with you both.

Extreme Measures
06-20-2002, 09:51 PM
MOP I will be in the Alex Bay area this weekend for the poker run. The run starts at 10:30 am from Alexandria Bay to Cape Vincent arrive at 11:15am.Depart at 12 noon to Clayton for 12:15pm have lunch in Clayton.Depart at 2:15pm head for Ogdensburg for 3:00 pm.Depart at 3:30pm and back to Alexanderia Bay for 4:00pm.
Your friends in boating

eek! Extreme Measures
p.s. mop & boxy it would be nice to meet both of you.Take care eek!

MOP
06-26-2002, 08:21 PM
I am coming drop me a mail with your phone number so I can catch you when I get up in late August.