PDA

View Full Version : Seadogs .... June 22

Mark Albers
06-04-2003, 07:42 PM
Hey Dogs wink

Lets get together Sunday June 22

Orlando or St. Pete ???

Mark 311 :cool:
Sarasota - - - W F O (close to the factory and far from a dream)

florida gator
06-04-2003, 08:28 PM
I should be open. :cool:

Donzigo
06-04-2003, 09:11 PM
St. Pete.......

Fish boy
06-04-2003, 09:16 PM
either works for me, but St.Pete/clearwater offers a few more choices. I was just talking to DOnzigoJr today about the need for another Seadogs get together. Perhaps this sould move to the events section and lets get something nailed down.

DonzigoJR
06-05-2003, 11:13 AM
Bout time guys.....Lets get fired up and do a good old Donzi party. In St. Pete is were I would vote only because of the amount of people in the area with DZ's. Also, there is Shell Island, Shepards, Egg Mont, and many other great hang outs that we can visit.

Cuda
06-05-2003, 03:46 PM
St Pete.

Mark Albers
06-05-2003, 08:55 PM
Seadogs wink

Looks like St. Pete it is

Lets meet up for lunch and cruise around St Pete

I hear Ted is going to bring his PIPE !!! eek!

knee deep
06-05-2003, 09:12 PM
Hmm, the old red monster might just be ready..............Details?

BUIZILLA
06-05-2003, 09:48 PM
anything going on on the east coast this weekend or next?

florida gator
06-06-2003, 08:29 AM
I prefer St Pete too, I just didn't want anyone toplan around me as I have yet to make an event since I started on this board.

Anyone know a decent place to stay overnight with a boat dock? I would probably go down on Sat and stay overnight. If anyone else is considering that we can possibly work on a group rate.

DonzigoJR
06-06-2003, 11:02 AM
Florida Gator, There are several good places to go. Some with places for trailers and some on the water. The Howard Johnson on 34st s and 46 ave S. There are also people that are part of the crew with docks in the area that you could tie up overnight. Just pust a port here and ask....

David Aaron

Mark Albers
06-08-2003, 10:35 AM
Seadogs wink

Lets plan on meeting around 11:00 am

We will meet for lunch and head out

Come back with your suggestions

Mark Albers
06-08-2003, 10:36 AM
Seadogs wink

Mark Albers
06-08-2003, 10:44 AM
Seadogs wink

knee deep
06-08-2003, 05:50 PM
The old red monster is painted!! It should be ready by the 14th for sea trials. I think it needs to go to St. Pete and meet her younger siblings. I've talked to Donzigo Jr. and will be there if all goes according to plan. Is anyone working on hotel rooms for Saturday nite?

florida gator
06-08-2003, 08:32 PM
Cuda:
Hey Mark, we will be there for all three days. :) Is that a holiday weekend? As usual when I try to hook up with other boaters, I got a phone call this morning from family who plan to swing by after there visit to Sea World. Guess which weekend. Plans are to still come down for Sunday but, I really wanted to do a whole weekend.

Cuda
06-08-2003, 08:41 PM
florida gator:

Cuda:
Hey Mark, we will be there for all three days. :) Is that a holiday weekend? As usual when I try to hook up with other boaters, I got a phone call this morning from family who plan to swing by after there visit to Sea World. Guess which weekend. Plans are to still come down for Sunday but, I really wanted to do a whole weekend. Nah, I was messing with Mark because it was posted three times. :)

DonzigoJR
06-09-2003, 01:11 PM
We are going to set the meeting around 11 am I assume. The best place to probably meet would be at Donzigo house in Maximo. Its close to the hotels and has places to dock. Also its pretty accessible to everyone I think. Or we could meet at Shell Island and go from there after a drink or two. We deffinently need to go to shell at some point and show off the Donzi name to the area. Come back with any other suggestions.....

David Aaron

Team Hula Girl
06-09-2003, 02:41 PM
donzigojr, it was good to meet you on Saturday at Shell. I will see you guys on the 22nd. And I promise not to bring any Canadians that don't know how to board a vessel......hehehehehe.....by the way, how is the hole in your hand????? I am sure that the effects of all of the Capt. Morgan helped your pain until the morning time.

Richard, I will bring Bea's watches with us that day.

John

Mark Albers
06-09-2003, 07:48 PM
Seadogs wink

There is a ramp by Donzigo's house

If it is ok with him

We could meet at his place and head out

Come back ...

Donzigo
06-10-2003, 07:58 AM
Yup, we're on for Saturday,

Since I am just down the road from the Howard Johnson's at 34th and 46th Avenue, in St. Pete. We're meeting 11:00 on Saturday at my dock? It's easy to get to, I'm the first canal north of Maximo Moorings marina. I have the biggest white wrap around dock on the end of the canal. Believe, me, you'll find it easily. (On Memorial Day, my neighbor had a party, they all used my dock to tie off. There was a 51" Formula go-fast, Cigarette Top-gun, Active Thunder, & a big Boston Whaler rig. I said to Donzigo Jr, "There's over a million dollars of boats tied up to our dock, sport", We smiled.) There are real nice boat ramps at Oneills Marina just south of us about 1/2 mile. They have 93 octane and well it at the same price of 87. Open all hours, too. We could invade the Wharf for lunch, then go to Shell Island and anchor on the sand bar. Real cool place. You can stand in waste/chest high water next to your boat. Clean sand and clear water. Lots and lots of boats there. We will make quite a slash at Shell Island.

If the little kids come, there's a nice beach for them to play on. And, for the big kids, ahhhhhh there's some real talent walking around, right John, Cuda?

"Remember, just because you're on a diet, it doesn't meant you can't check the menu!"

Richard
727-867-7020

Fish boy
06-10-2003, 08:26 AM
Bummed! One of my best friends is getting married in Ft. Liquordale on Sat. Don't think my hangover is going to let me get up on Sunday in time to make it. Hope everyone has a fun and safe time.

rag top man
06-10-2003, 09:59 AM
Are there any "Seadogs" in the Orlando, Fla area that would be willing to let me "look" at their boat between June 23 and June 30??? I'll be in Orlando then, and sure would like to see one up close. Email me at glriley@pacbell.net

Fish boy
06-10-2003, 10:11 AM
Rag top man,
not sure if you are interested in a donzi center console, but I am in the area and I am sure I could make some time. Too bad you cant come in a day earlier and go to the seadogs party. St. pete is only about 2 hrs away from Orlando and there will be a lot of different boats there to check out.

Fish

rag top man
06-10-2003, 10:31 AM
Say!!!, any Orlando based Donzi Classic owners want to "share" their Donzi classic between June 23 and 29?? I am still undecided on whether to get the 18 or 22' Classic. There are justifiable reasons for both, but can't afford both. 2 kids and a wife, ski, tube, wakeboard, and cruise are the goals.
I'd love to see your boat while Im in Orlando, as there is a shortage hof Donzis on the west coast. I would be honored to put Premium gas in your boat!!!
mail me: greg glriley@pacbell.net

DonzigoJR
06-10-2003, 11:17 AM
John and Bea,

I didnt feel to much pain as far as the hole in my hand .....until about 1:30 in the morning. I managed to get back and make it to the martini bar in Baywalk and was then ordered by some Rn friends that I had to go to the hospital. My hand was just short of a ballon. Fortunity I was to late, no stiches after 12 hours...hhmmmm. However, I have been well drugged since and the hand seems to be getting better. :mad: * Damn Canadians* :mad: As long as I can still hold a beer then there are no hard feelings :D :D (Sorry if your canadian, no disrespect) If you found this site, then I m sure you can pull yourself up on a boat. wink

Cuda
06-10-2003, 09:54 PM
Richard, is it Saturday or Sunday? Dockage at the Warf may be problematic, do you think there will be enough room?

DonzigoJR
06-11-2003, 10:40 AM
Sat and Sun. Cuda well be meeting at Donzigo's house at 11AM. :D

Donzigo
06-11-2003, 05:31 PM
Saturday at 11:00 AM, I thought was what Mark Albers had in mind. No matter to us, we are boating on both days anyway. I think the Wharf can handle us. We'll raft, if necessary. I'm guessing there will be 4 or 5 boats, at the most.
If too many, we'll get it to go and head accross the bay to Shell.

Guess we better get an idea of who's actually coming. Ok gang, what's the head count?

Donzigo
Cuda
Mark
Bea's Nest - Hey, this crew rocks!!!!
Donzigo Jr.
Knee Deep ??
Fishboy - no show on Saturday
Nate ??
Buddy ??
Florida Gator ??
Tidbart ??
Ted Muche ?? come on Ted, we won't bite, promise
who am I missing?

Jamesbon
06-11-2003, 09:47 PM
I'm in :)

Mark Albers
06-11-2003, 09:59 PM
Donzi GO wink

I thought you sold time pieces that had calenders (he he ha)

The post says June 22 (that is a Sunday)

Thanks

knee deep
06-12-2003, 05:42 AM
Still sanding and polishing will know better early next week..........

florida gator
06-12-2003, 08:29 AM
I would have liked to do the whole weekend but, I have family(wifes) coming to town for the weekend. So it looks like only 1 day for me. Sunday probably looks best. If anyone goes for the weekend, give a report on your accomodations. I've stayed at some nice places down that way but never tried any with a boat dock.

DonzigoJR
06-12-2003, 11:27 AM
Planning on Sat and Sun FYI :D Hope that everyone can make it both days.. If anyone needs info on Directions or places to stay feel free to call me 407-234-2053. I can't wait its gonna be a blast....Hope everyone can make it. Please do us a favor and post wether your coming or not and what day if not both..Thanks. :cool:

David

Donzigo
06-12-2003, 11:33 AM
UHHHHHH, we're going out both days, so, it doesn't matter to us who comes when. Ok, who's up for which days?

Anybody staying overnight, should stay at the Howard Johnson's at 46th Ave South & 34th St, (also known as Hwy. 19). There are always boats there. The APBA boats sometimes stay there, and many others. There's room at my dock for overnight docking. People do that, too. Rom at my neighbor's docks, too. Our neighborhood is known as "the party". There's five of us that leave our back gates open. Everybody's friendly.

Howard Johnson's number is: 727-867-3131. Within one block, McDonalds, Bob Evans, you get the picture. Easy access, safe, cheap, I think they have a sign that says $39 a night for 50 rooms.

florida gator
06-13-2003, 09:05 AM
Definately in for Sunday. Have to find out what's going on with family for Sat. I know boating is out but, if everyone is partying Sat night I may come down and stay.

Donzigo
06-13-2003, 06:49 PM
uhhhhhhhhhh Seadogs party? tilt a Corona or two back? naaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh, never happen!

Tidbart
06-15-2003, 12:59 PM
We are in for the weekend. Got a hotel room at the HoJo's $32 bucks a night on Travelocity. We will see you soon.

Bob and Ranya

knee deep
06-16-2003, 06:51 AM
still sanding..........6 days to go and three guys sanding now.........

smokediver
06-16-2003, 10:39 AM
Hey Bob, when are you getting in.. I posted on the events section ... I will get a room at hojo's.. coming in friday.. I am on shift sunday so I wont be towing my boat up.. if you get in friday lets hook up..

Tidbart
06-17-2003, 03:16 PM
Hey John,
We are coming over Friday evening. We will look for you at the Hojo's.

Bob and Ranya

smokediver
06-17-2003, 06:32 PM
great bob !!! Me and my girlfriend will be waiting !!!

Cuda
06-17-2003, 07:39 PM
Looks like I'm going to have to work at least one day this weekend. Which day do you think will have the most attendees?

Team Hula Girl
06-17-2003, 10:07 PM
I would think Saturday would be the best day to come out. Saturday is June 21st, (summer solstice) which means that there will be more daylight on Saturday than any day of the year.* I can't think of anything that a Donzi owner, or any boat owner for that matter, that wouldn't want more daylight on a Weekend.

* Only applies to those of us in the northern hemisphere.

Let me know if anyone wants to get together on Friday night. Maybe we can do a booze cruise to the bars?

John

BUIZILLA
06-17-2003, 10:14 PM
I should be at Ho-Jo's sometime late Friday...

Whats the boat count up to now?

J

knee deep
06-18-2003, 05:14 AM
still sanding, 3 days to go, 400 feet of wire to install, Poodle HELP!

Donzigo
06-18-2003, 08:17 AM
A "booze cruise" to either the Wharf, Sand Bar, Bridgeview, or the Sloppy Pelican could definetely be arranged for those in Friday night. Depending on how many, we can take the Z-33. Holds about 8 comfortably.

Donzigo
06-18-2003, 10:01 AM
.................BAD NEWS..............

..... PORT ENGINE COUPLER PROBABLY FAILED.......

Donzigo Jr. and I left Shell Island last weekend, late, with the tide at super low, (remember Cuda, how low it was?), so we touched on the sand at idle and the port engine stalled. Raised trim, restarted easy, and we got on plane going to the Wharf. Leaving the Wharf the port side spun and it acted just like a failed prop hub. Took the props to Throttle Up on Monday, Matt just called me today and said under 4,000 lbs pressure, they are fine. So, that means maybe a coupler. I'll check it tonight. If so, Donzigo & Jr. are going to need a ride this weekend.

Looks like I'm gonna (give my boat some love/spend money) next week.

Dang :confused:

DonzigoJR
06-18-2003, 10:27 AM
As if boating never has problems... :mad: ...Sure does suck though. It is true, the Aaron's have no ride. So if anyone has extra room in there boat please let us know. wink I can only imagine us idling around all weekend trying to keep up with the crew :( :( .

David

Budmann
06-18-2003, 11:58 AM
Again, I will miss this trip very much! However, for those of you who want to know what Nashville is like, let me know. Damn work thing!!! :mad: :mad:

DonzigoJR
06-18-2003, 12:12 PM
Budd,

That sucks you can't make it!!!! We will miss you. Although at least your outta town. How bout if you broke the boat a week before the gathering and the parties at your house :mad: :( :mad: ....It brings slow depression. (To bad the old Z-25 its here as a back-up plan) wink Anyway hope you have a safe trip.

Fishboy are you coming????

BUIZILLA
06-18-2003, 12:13 PM
Hey Budmann, my summer Donzi home is about an hour east of ya on Center Hill lake...

J

Fish boy
06-18-2003, 01:50 PM
DJr.,
not going to be able to make it. One of my best friends is getting married and I am in the wedding. Its down in your neck of the woods in Ft. Liquordale, @ 7:00 Sat night. Slim chances of being able to make it up to St. Pete Sunday morning.

DonzigoJR
06-18-2003, 02:10 PM
Fish :( :( :( :( :( Better luck next time....

MikeMiller
06-18-2003, 03:03 PM
Wow! Sounds liek a blast! I really miss you guys and all the great times we had!

Hope that all have a great and safe time. Take lots of pics!

Cuda
06-18-2003, 06:14 PM
It must be going around, Richard. I pulled the starter out this morning. In the process of doing it, dumbazz me forgot to turn off the battery and proceeded to weld with the battery cable. Now I have no power at all in the boat. The worse thing is, I can't lower the engine hatch without any power. I disconnected the actuator, but even apart, it won't fold down low enough to close the hatch. Just a couple minutes after getting the starter out, it started raining, and hasn't quit yet. I had to rig a tarp to try to keep most of the rain out of the engine. In doing so, I had to leave have the cover undone on the boat so it didn't fill with water and either break something or rip the new $1500 cover. The good news is I got a starter for $88, a lot less than I had anticipated. I'm still not sure that the starter was the problem, but since I already have it out, I will replace it. I took it to Will's starter on 49th Street. He took it back and tested it, said it works, but the problem may be that it is full of water! :) I explained to him the water was from sitting on my front porch during this downpour.

IF we get the boat fixed, AND get our job back on schedule (two days behind) you are welcome to ride with us. I'll keep you posted.

Cuda
06-18-2003, 06:17 PM
Richard, did you smell any burning rubber? A coupler usually will smoke and stink like hell. Remember when I burned that one last year?

Donzigo
06-18-2003, 06:58 PM
Cuda, I do remember it. Wills Starter has done work for me. They have a nice shop. Good luck with it and thanks for the offer of a rdie if you make it.

I didn't smell a thing. Sounds real fishy to me. I still think it's the prop. My neighbor has a set of Mirages, so I'll try them just to make sure, if this dang rain will stop. I'll check in the morning. What's your phone number?

Budman, nice talking to ya today. We're gonna miss the life of the party.....you! Jodi is welcome to join us.

Mark Albers
06-18-2003, 09:45 PM
Seadogs wink

With many in need of a ride

I have arranged charter rides with Donzi Blackhawk ($25 per person or $10 if your female friend as adequate buoys) :p

Also ...

Ted will not able to bring his pipe (something to do with salt water filtering)

If it Rains Sunday we will meet at Gators for lunch

knee deep
06-18-2003, 10:00 PM
If, and its a very big if, we manage to get the orange monster together in time to bring it up Saturday, on Sunday we are going for a spin, regardless of whether there is or is not rain, or a hurricane for that matter!

Team Hula Girl
06-19-2003, 12:43 AM
Alright everyone, I have avery special treat for everyone that shows up on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!! This will be a moment that will be unforgettable in Donzi history.

However, you have to be on the water in order to experience a chapter in Donzi history.

Donzigo, I hope you get that crossbow fixed..... I would hate to offer you a ride with all the girls that are going to be on the boat. :cool:

John and Bea

knee deep
06-19-2003, 06:39 AM
thanks john, donzigo jr. you hearing this? its gonna be a late night...........

Budmann
06-19-2003, 08:41 AM
Johnandbea.... YOUR KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DonzigoJR
06-19-2003, 09:55 AM
To all,

He hasn't posted yet because he is still riding in the Boca Bay at 4000rpm's, but this we can laugh at. After all the questionable things that could be wrong with the 33 you wont believe this....When me and Donzigo put the boat on plain last week and the airpocket hit the props, we thought immediatly that we spun the hub. :rolleyes: After the prop shop told him that they held 4000lbs of pressure, it couldn't be the hub. So next is the coupler. Not good!!!, down time of atleast a week, if not two. :mad: No one ever thought about the Sea Weed we picked up.... :rolleyes: Hmmmm. If we only put the boat in reverse, then I wouldn't have to dog on ourselves. The boat is up and running, and Pop just called as he ran across the bay at 40mph.. The 33 Crossbow is back in business...Sea Weed is always one to get those real experienced boaters ya know....... :p eek! Just too funny....Anyway we no longer need the ride this weekend, however a couple of boating classes will do :D :D

DonzigoJR
06-19-2003, 10:00 AM
So John does this mean I no longer need to go to Mon's Venus this weekend.. wink ...Are you bringing Mon's with you eek! eek! I can't wait, the weekend almost here.... :D :D
PS Knee Deep, I brought a change of clothes to the office with me. I have full Intentions of burning the mid-night oil with you to get the orange peel up and running for the weekend. wink Give me a call to tell me where to go.. wink

Donzigo
06-19-2003, 10:24 AM
UHHHHHHH if you go to a drinking joint with a bunch of young 20-somethings and have 17 beers, then you leave at low tide, after the seaweed has a chance to collect on your prop, and you don't put it in reverse first to get the seaweed off, guess what, the prop spins.

The Z-33 is fine. We're back in the hunt. So, instead of beggng for a ride, we're giving a ride to someone else. We have room for about 4 to 6.

Bring on Friday night with the Seadogs! we're gonna have some fun.

(John, you gonna announce that sex-change you've been thinking about?)

BUIZILLA
06-19-2003, 03:32 PM
Whats with the weather over there?

J

see'in a LOT of green on the radar all day today

Cuda
06-19-2003, 07:46 PM
BUIZILLA:
Whats with the weather over there?

J

see'in a LOT of green on the radar all day today It has sucked the last two days. I haven't gotten a chance to stick the new starter in, and it should only take me about 15 minutes.

Cuda
06-19-2003, 09:36 PM
It still hasn't quit raining long enough to get back out and fix the boat. :(

Not sure when it will happen either. :mad:

Today Tomorrow Sat Sun Mon 6-10 Day

Scattered Thunderstorms

High: 89
Low: 72

Heavy Thunderstorms

High: 86
Low: 77

Thunderstorms

High: 85
Low: 77

Scattered Thunderstorms

Low: 76

Isolated Thunderstorms

Low: 76

Tidbart
06-20-2003, 09:35 AM
Any thoughts as to postponing this a few weeks.
The weather is supposed to suck! 60-70% chance of rain for the next few days. I am usually up for most anything but this is not looking good.
I vote for July 11-13 for a reschedule.
Anyone? Anyone?

My drive is only 1.5 to 2 hours. Buizilla is coming from Miami, alot further.

I still might come over to party, but leave the boat at home.

Bob

Forrest
06-20-2003, 09:57 AM
Welcome to sunny Florida. Since yesterday it didn't rain for the first time in about two weeks until about 3pm, I took the day off from work just to work on the Magnum.

Raining as I post . . .

florida gator
06-20-2003, 10:48 AM
I'm in for a reschedule. I would rather do a whole weekend and could not this week due to last minute family in town. I was going down on Sunday but, I haven't been able to pull my boat out of the Marina and don't know when I can with this weather.

What does everyone else think?

BUIZILLA
06-20-2003, 10:51 AM
Fellow boating freaks...

I regret that I just cancelled my hotel room.

I just can't see towing 550 miles in the rain, to sit and watch it rain, some more... And after working on the Minx for the last 5 weeks, to make this weekends deadline, i'm disappointed as hell.

If it get's rescheduled, I'll do my best to be there next time. Boat was hooked up, and loaded, but, alas, the outlook is gloomy...

J

Tidbart
06-20-2003, 11:08 AM
I cancelled the res also. Will gladly do it another time.

Sorry guys. Weather just too lousy.

Bob frown

BUIZILLA
06-20-2003, 02:02 PM
Okay, I'm in..

18?
20?
18?
20?

J

hmmmmmmmm

Islander
06-20-2003, 02:10 PM
I'm in.

Which do I choose?

18?
18?
18?
18?

It's a tough one.

GeneD
06-20-2003, 02:40 PM
Well unless someone tells me otherwise, I'll be showing up at Donzigo's house.
In fact, I may be there tonight for a cocktail.
I'll be arriving just around the 11 AM rendevous time.

Team Hula Girl
06-20-2003, 06:18 PM
I will be there also, the only way I won't be out on the water will be because of lightning.

Just remember.....The sun always shines on egmont.

It seems like it doesn't ever rain out there!

John

knee deep
06-20-2003, 07:45 PM
NO problem with rain here, am gonna be stuck in the shop finishing this thing. F#*%ing painters.........almost done sanding but its too late now!

Cuda
06-20-2003, 07:48 PM
There is 80% chance of rain tomorrow, so I'm going to head over to Lakeland and work on our job. If Sunday looks good, anyone else going?

Budmann
06-21-2003, 08:58 AM
I must say that I'm not too disappointed to here what's going on. I'm in Tennessee right now and the weather is beautiful. I must also say that I will be in for a reschedule. Donzigo... glad to hear that the Crossbow is fine. You are too good to that boat for it to do something like that to you. I would be in to a next weekend.

Cuda
06-21-2003, 03:19 PM
John and Bea (Team Hula Girl):
I will be there also, the only way I won't be out on the water will be because of lightning.

Just remember.....The sun always shines on egmont.

It seems like it doesn't ever rain out there!

John I was thinking of you two when I came across the Howard Franklin around 2pm today. I certainly hope you weren't out in that storm.

Donzigo
06-21-2003, 06:37 PM
Yeah........the sun came out, the storms went around us, Jamesbon & Erin, John & Bea, Gene & Maria, Donzigo & Smila, Newall & pal, Donzigo Jr. & friends, and a whole bunch of other boating people had a great day. Lunch at the Wharf, a day a Shell Island, then dinner at the Wharf again.

We're gonna do it again on Sunday. Come if you can. The sun always shines on a Donzi event.

Cuda
06-21-2003, 10:29 PM
What time are you headed out? I still need to install the starter, but it should only take me a few minutes. I have to be at work by 6 pm tomorrow.

Donzigo
06-22-2003, 08:46 AM
Well, Today Sun. is not looking go for a Donzi event.. We have whitecaps in the canal so Im sure its wild out there. This rain is coming down something ferous. Anyway, great time yesterday and we can re-schedule the rest of this for July, when the weather is a little better. Lets all keep that seadog spirit til the next good weekend.

DonzigoJR

Mark Albers
06-22-2003, 09:12 AM
Seadogs wink

I will reschedule for a date in July

All good plans of mice and man ...

Cuda
06-22-2003, 09:13 AM
Still raining here. All I need is about twenty minutes without rain, and I could get the starter back in.

Budmann
06-22-2003, 09:52 AM
Still beautiful in Tennessee! :D :D