PDA

View Full Version : Gasparilla by boat

Team Hula Girl
01-29-2003, 08:32 AM
Is anyone plan on participating in the boating events for Gasparilla this weekend? I will have my boat out early on Saturday. The weatherman says it will be in the mid 70's. Should be a good time. Maybe we can get a group of Donzi's together out in the bay.

John

florida gator
01-29-2003, 09:10 AM
I should have watched the weather before I had my motor pulled. It has been crappy every weekend for as long as I can remember and just my luck.......

Fish boy
01-29-2003, 09:38 AM
Where are you thinking about meeting up in the Bay and when?

Budmann
01-29-2003, 11:10 AM
John, I spoke with Richard and Chris(CDMA) last night, and we were wondering if you have a dock behind your house. We thought it might be fun to maybe have a cookout at your place or something. If you have a big grill we could all bring stuff to put on. Just a thought!

Let us know!!!

Fish boy
01-29-2003, 12:00 PM
Budmann, I don't think John has a dock that we could tie up to ( see http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=006485#000011 )

Sounds like the tie up or docking is pretty much a fend for yourself/raft off type of thing.

Budmann
01-29-2003, 02:50 PM
Fishboy, I was refering to his house on Davis Island.

Team Hula Girl
01-29-2003, 03:31 PM
Unfortunately I don 't have the Million + $'s it takes to have waterfront property on Davis Island. I only have a slip at the marina on the island. I will have my boat in the water all weekend though. It's really not that far of a drive from St. Pete or Bradenton to get here by boat. (30 minutes from the skyway at 40-45 mph) It's about the same time/distance from the Gandy bridge ramp also. Appolo beach ramp is even closer. I am meeting a couple of boats out in the bay around 10:30. The invasion of the pirate ship usually last a couple of hours. The Main Pirate ship is scheduled to dock at the convention center around 1 pm and the parade starts around 2 pm

I would suggest that we meet up some where south of MacDill AFB around 10.

I would have everybody over after parade for a cookout But we are having a funeral on Sunday for Bea's Grandmother and we need the house as clean as possible for the family. Sometimes things just don't fall the way they are supposed to. However, Bea will be on the Donzi for the Saturday festivities. I hope some of you can make it.

John.

Budmann
01-29-2003, 03:37 PM
Sounds good. Please give Bea my regards, and we will see you in Tampa Bay around 10 on Sat.

Team Hula Girl
01-29-2003, 03:43 PM
Just a reminder to all. This is not a boating event for the timid or owners who are overly conscious about distance between their Donzi and other boats. (bring plenty of bumpers)

I will have some room for people who need places to park. Just let me know.

John

Donzigo
01-30-2003, 08:11 AM
Buddy et all, Smila & I won't be able to make this one. Smila has to work and I don't see burning $100 in gas to get in such a crowd of boats. I would die if somebody hit mine. Sorry, I'm chicken on this one.

Fish boy
01-30-2003, 09:14 AM
Richard,
I think all share the concerns for our boats. What about following the pirate ship across the bay for the invasion, and then heading somewhere else like shell island, gators, tierra verde, Billy's,...etc?