PDA

View Full Version : Eufaula V - Schedule of Events

Forrest
08-12-2003, 09:54 AM
The following schedule in not written in stone, so if anyone has any ideas on what they may want to change or to be included, please let me or Emmo know.

This year - no rain! The weather forcast is showing a drying trend over the next month for Southern Georgia/Alabama.

So folks, here we have it,

The Offical Eufaula V - Schedule of Events
-----------------------------------------------------

Friday, August 29, 2003

Noon until 5:00pm - Arrival and check-in at Lakepoint State Park and Lodge. Hang out or splash your Donzi and take a test run.
5:00pm - 6:30pm - Meet your fellow board members and Donzi owners at the Lakepoint Lounge located at the Lodge.
6:30 until ? - Dinner at the Lodge Restaurant

Saturday, Aug 30, 2003

7:00am - 9:00am - Breakfast at the Lodge Restaurant.
9:00am - 10:00am - Boat launching.
10:00am - 3:00pm - Run North on the beautiful Chattahoochee River towards Columbus with a stop or two along the way to swim and relax. This is about 90 to a 100 mile run so you may want to bring snacks or a bag lunch and something to drink. Also bring drinking water. Gas (89 octane) is available along the way.
3:00pm - 5:00pm - Speed Runs in the lake in front of Lakepoint! Bring your digital camera and video to show the folks back home.
7:00pm - ? Dinner and libations in Columbus at B. Merrell's, or if your are too beat from the day's activities, you can pick your poison at the Lodge Restaurant or in the nearby City of Eufaula.

Sunday, August 31, 2003

9:00am - 10:00am - Boat launching.
10:00am - 3:00pm - Run South through the Lake Eufaula towards the dam, and with a little good timing through, the locks to the Chattahoochee River South. This round trip will be a minimum of 60 miles and more if we go through the locks. Gas (89 octane) is available along the way.
3:00pm to 7:00pm - The Soon to be Famous Eufaula V Cookout! The cookout will be at the Lakepoint State Park and will feature all of your outdoor BBQ favorites.

Monday, Sept 1. 2003

9:00 until checkout - Time to say good-by to your friends and Lake Eufaula for another year.

-----------------------------------------------------

And remember, at Eufaula V the accomodation are cheap, there are NO event registration fees, we don't hire bathing-suit models to sit on the bow of your Donzi, and we don't give out ditty bags. Just great Donzi boating at a great location with a bounch of great people! :D

More info on Eufaula V at the following links:

http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=000207

and

http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=000226

Capt. Donzi
08-12-2003, 10:04 AM
Forrest, we are so bummed that we can not make it this year! :( I have to attend the OPBA poker run that weekend for work. Hope to see you and the gang soon!
Ted & Kathy

Forrest
08-12-2003, 10:28 AM
Ted, we are going to miss you and Kathy and the 90+ mph shoot-outs between you, the Grizz. and Todd. Have fun at the run!

BigGrizzly
08-13-2003, 05:26 AM
We are there with the Criterion. at the worlds oldest Seadogs event as well as one of the oldest Donzi get together.

Ted we are going to miss your boat, Kathy oh yes and you too. Unfortunatly I would have to look at your exhaust this year. I would have loved to see your boat in real life. Ted your a real racer not just an also ran!

Forrest
08-15-2003, 11:31 AM
I often hear that some of the guys better half ocasionally get a little burnd-out at Donzi events with all the boating, to much sun, engine gawking, and Donzi talk, and for those reasons, would like a nice deversion. Last year the only diversion located near Bagby State Park was the local Fish Camp and Bar, which turned out to be fine place to get a beer and something to eat. This year, however, we are fortunate to be located near the Historic City of Eufaula, which is the home of some of the finest restored 19th century Grand antebellum homes and Victorian mansions in the South (http://www.eufaulapilgrimage.com/homes.html). If you haven't seen these beautiful historic homes, your are really missing it. The only place that I can think of that tops Eufaula is Savanah, GA. You can do the street tour by car, or sign up for one of the tours pit on by the City. There are over 700 structures in the City of Eufaula that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places (http://www.cr.nps.gov/nr/).

Also, if you like to play golf, Lakepoint State Park has a first-rate par 72 golf course that you can play for about $20 and that's with a cart! Plan on loosing at least one golf-ball on eleven.

In any event guys, be sure to bring your other half and the kids because there will be something for everyone at Eufaula V!

Budmann
08-15-2003, 12:09 PM
Still trying to make it. Sounds like a great time.

Emmo
08-17-2003, 11:22 PM
I am ready to go! 5 years in a row for the old Mello Yello. 5 years for Forrest, will it be 5 different boats? Or will we have a re-run?

olemissalum
08-21-2003, 08:17 PM
Reserved the last room tonight!! Can't wait to meet everyone!! I am going to miss the first game of this football season and it took a Donzi gathering to do it. My wife is still shocked :D

We will arrive early Saturday hopefully in time to launch with everyone. How long is the trip from ATL??

Tomahawk
08-21-2003, 09:31 PM
Jim - that's great. Will look forward to seeing you and Cherami again.We're figuring on three hours from Northpoint Mall meeting place. We are leaving Friday morning at 9:30. Should be a bit closer from where you guys are at. Try my cell when you get close. :cool:

olemissalum
08-21-2003, 11:36 PM
Tom, lost your cell # :( mine is 678-485-7241. We will not be leaving ATL until probably early afternoon on Friday now, as I do not want to wake up that early on SAT to be there for the launch. Looking forward to it!!!!!!!!!!!

Last Tango
08-24-2003, 12:46 PM
Boat is on the trailer, strapped down tight, cleaned, trailer axel bearings freshly greased, tire pressures all checked, lights all checked, spare tire ready to go, folding chairs packed, extra life jackets, Donzi cooler ready to load.
As a courtesy to MadPoodle, I DID NOT wax my boat this time (poor guy almost had a heart attack last year when I broke to the news to him only the night before the event that I had waxed and polished my boat that day).
I'm leaving Jacksonville around noon-ish one-ish on Friday. Arrive at Lakepoint Lodge in time to park in line next to everyone else and go to dinner.
I'll need a hand splashing the boat and retrieving it later in the weekend. Any volunteers need only step forward at the time. I'm also going solo this year, so anyone wanting a ride is more than welcome.
cell ph# is 904-534-9928
See you there!
Mark

Forrest
08-25-2003, 09:03 AM
Bummer. :( :( frown

Last Tango
08-25-2003, 07:26 PM
Whoa! A SEADOG event without MadPoodle! Can it REALLY be done! Scott, we are going to miss you! I'll take lots of pictures! Jeeze, I HAVE lots of pictures from Mt. Dora I was going to give you.
On the PLUS side, Brandon Keefe is working out logistics to be my co-driver for the weekend! Jack can't make it, but that doesn't mean the whole family had to suffer! Guess I'll have to fill in as the king wake jumper in Jack's absence.
Hey, Tomahawk! Remember to turn off the audio portion of your camera this time!!!!! :p biggrin.