PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Hometown Owners Rally "Sarasota Siestaaah!"

MikeMiller
08-12-2003, 07:23 AM
We are proud to announce the 2003 Donzi Owners' Hometown Rally "Sarasota Siestaaaah!"

Click on the pages below for the Welcome Letter, Registration Form, and details on Reservations and other event stuff.

The Hyatt will be ready for your phone calls at 5:00pm on Tuesday the 12th.

Get ready to Siestaaaaaaaah!

Welcome Letter: http://www.donzi.net/photos/mmiller101.pdf

Details/Reservations: http://www.donzi.net/photos/mmiller104.pdf

MikeMiller
08-12-2003, 08:19 AM
NOTE:

If anyone is using Dell products or having other difficulties, you'll need to go into Acrobat Reader first, then open your saved file.

For some reason Dell changes the extension to something wierd.

Sean
08-12-2003, 12:33 PM
Flights are scheduled. Will have to leave the Donzi at Lake of the Ozarks for our first Hometown Owners' Rally :confused: . Can't wait to meet many of the great people on this sight and see all the beautiful boats. Hope to catch my first ride in a classic.

Tidbart
08-12-2003, 08:02 PM
Done.
Ranya and Bob

Debating on which boat to take......Ooops, only have one. :D :p :p

BigGrizzly
08-13-2003, 05:17 AM
We are signed in. We were the first-- we got in while Poodle was on hold.

smokediver
08-13-2003, 03:50 PM
room booked, check on the way

CrackerJack
08-13-2003, 04:35 PM
Room reservation done.
Jack, Debbie(?), and Brandon.

Mark Albers
08-14-2003, 08:44 PM
Capt Mike wink

If you need any help with the Rally
Let me know

Mark 311 :cool:
Sarasota - - - W F O (close to the factory and far from a dream)

BUIZILLA
08-15-2003, 08:46 AM
Room booked.

J

Dr. Dan
08-21-2003, 09:36 AM
:p Oy Vey!!! Booked and Driving down Solo....The Republican has other committments....Hmmm? wink Wonder who I can find to ride with me... :cool:

Doc
Atlantic Coast Donzi

Air 22
08-22-2003, 10:31 PM
Well alert all higway patrol from PA to FL Doc's haulin ass again :D and I'll be right behind him!! wink Bverd is a possible go w/ his 18 too :p A 3 truck'n, Suburban DONZI Convoy :D :D We'll see if Doc can go on a tank of gas without a bladder stop?.. :D Uh oh...Look out Cafe Risque's 3 solo guy's W/ DONZI's hmmmmmmmmm :D

Pegasus
08-23-2003, 05:45 AM
Have to work on the boss for this one. Any suggestions on getting him to send me? *wink*

Tomahawk
08-23-2003, 07:14 AM
Stef - you have got to go. Somebody has to sell the Donzi clothing!! :)

Pegasus
08-24-2003, 10:43 AM
Well I will certainly do my best!

MikeMiller
08-25-2003, 11:20 PM
Hey Gang,

Just wanted to drop a line and say WOW!! The rooms are filling up fast!!!

For those of you who have booked your rooms... don't forget to fax your Registration forms (941) 747-3320 ... and send your checks!

I need to know head count for all your food, beverages, and goodie bags!

Thanks for your help and understanding!

Dr. Dan
08-26-2003, 07:39 PM
:D Mikey, Just got my "Vacation Request Approvals" back today...so we are go with Throttle Up! I will fax you the forms and mail the fees accordingly... :p

Doc of What Ever The Hell I Want To Be!!!
:D wink :rolleyes: :cool: :D

Tidbart
08-28-2003, 07:58 PM
Let's keep it going guys and gals. We want this year to beat last year. :D

Pegasus
09-02-2003, 07:17 PM
Well Gang! Guess who is coming! I want to see EVERYONE there this year! Don't let me come all the way to Sarasota to be disappointed by the lack of Donzis! Who can give me and my two boys a ride??? (I will be Donziless)Can't wait! See you there or be square! Or buy a Bayliner...whichever is more painfull!

Dr. Dan
09-02-2003, 07:59 PM
:D "Ahhh! No Means No!!!" wink famous quotes from our local Fly Boy!!! Wonder what quotes will come from this Event? eek!

Doc

Pegasus
09-02-2003, 08:15 PM
Dr. Dan- talked to the Mrs. today. She give you the low down?

Lil Grizz
09-02-2003, 10:44 PM
I will definately be there and will be bringing two guests. There is a problem that one of my guests has. He broke one wrist and fractured his other hand so riding in my 22 is probably going to be bad for his injury. We gave it a shot over the weekend and found out that the jarring coupled with the fact that he has a hard time holding on puts him in pain. He still wants to go but would like to know if he can hitch a ride with someone in a bigger boat. Is that going to be a problem for him?

Dr. Dan
09-03-2003, 04:03 AM
:D Someone always has a Bigger Boat,and a faster one too for that matter! Bring your buddy...the more the merrier, he may just have to get stuck between two Donzettes to keep him "Stable"....at least that's what I would perscribe? :rolleyes:

Where are those waskily Winnie People...Davis,Pete,Woodmeister,and the Silver Fox Culotta....what....? They're too good to post their attendence here? :D :cool: :p
...Doc

MikeMiller
09-03-2003, 09:12 AM
Hey Lil Grizz,

There is a 38zx, a z33, and a 28zf that are coming as of now... so there should be no problem with getting him a ride in a bigger boat!!

Lil Grizz
09-03-2003, 12:00 PM
He said hes going. I think it was the girls holding him in the boat that did it :)

BUIZILLA
09-03-2003, 12:13 PM
Mike, I would be SERIOUSLY interested in evaluating a ZXO if one will be around...hint, hint...

Jim

BigGrizzly
09-03-2003, 06:38 PM
As you already know I will be coming and bringing Lady griz and the youngest andrew griz. the Criterion seams to be ready.

Budmann
09-05-2003, 07:53 AM
Donzi Jodi and I just made our resos. WoooHooo... we are so ready to get away for the weekend. Work and stuff have been crazy. In need of some huge R+R!!! :D :D :D

MikeMiller
09-05-2003, 02:51 PM
Hey Gang... gettin' close, so here is a list of Registrations I have received:

Albers, Mark (2) 22c
Baxter, Scott (2) 22c
Carabelli, Randy (3) 22cr
Collins, Jim (2) 22c
Dhabalt, Sean (2) no boat
Haas, Jim (2) 20minx
Holderness, Mike (2) 38zx
Jackson, Charles (2) 22c
Johnides, Dan (2) 22c
Keefe, Jack (2) 16c
Melanson, Peter (2) no boat
Miller, Leo (2) no boat
Portel, Rick & Lisa (2) no boat
Runge, Ray (3) 22zx
Vergara, Manny (2) 18c
White, Tim (3) 33zx
Wilson, Bob (2) 18c

Now before you panic... many have booked rooms and I have that list from the Hyatt, but... I can't order shirts, hats, food, drinks, goodies, and so on unless I know a headcount (having a check is necessary too).

Just a reminder to all to fax in your Registrations (941) 747-3320 - if absolutely necessary, you can pay me at the event.

I know of 50 or so more people that I have not heard from that have rooms!!

It's going to be a great party! Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Air 22
09-07-2003, 10:27 PM
Mike...add Crissy and Myself to the list. :D She "said she faxed to you on the 3rd?" Bringing our 22C.... hooking up w/ BVERD for a tow on Thursday... will be in Friday noonish wink See ya soon. :)

MikeMiller
09-08-2003, 08:18 AM
Quick update for the upcoming Siestaaaah Weekend:

Donzi has called and said that they will have a clothing booth at the event!! Be prepared to stock up!

Also, Mercury will be in attendance for all of you to talk to and fire questions at!! We will have Tom Ireland from Mercury joining us Friday afternoon and staying until late Saturday.

More exciting updates to follow as the Siestaaaah approaches.

Budmann
09-08-2003, 08:28 AM
Did I hear you right...Donzi is going to have clothing. Guess I better take a second out on my home. Can never have to much Donzi stuff.
Jodi and I are so excited about this trip. Hope everyone else is. We are all going to have a blast!!! :D :D :D :D

BUIZILLA
09-08-2003, 06:56 PM
Mike, any ZXO's in attendance?

Inquiring minds need to know :cool:

J

MikeMiller
09-09-2003, 07:17 AM
Buizilla,

I am sorry... but none at this time. Our fingers are crossed though.

Woodsy
09-10-2003, 06:39 AM
Winni Bandit Update....

George & Bonzai
Pistol Pete & Momo
Princess & I...

Can't wait!

Woodsy

Budmann
09-10-2003, 07:31 AM
Sorry to bring everyone down, but has anyone seen that "HUGE" Hurricane in the Atlantic. From what the news says here, this thing could come right accross the State of Florida around next weekend. :( :( :( frown

MikeMiller
09-10-2003, 07:40 AM
Hey gang,

Here's an itinerary of our Siestaaaaah!

Friday:
11am - 5pm Boat splashing at 10th Street Docks.
12pm - 6pm Registration Booth in Lower Lobby
7pm – 10pm Welcome Reception – Hyatt Poolside with Reggae band

Saturday:
9am – 11am Registration Booth open
10am - 11am Mercury Marine
11:30am Leave for Snake Island - Venice
12:30 - 2:30pm Lunch and relaxation at Snake Island – Compliments of RV World of Nokomis
2:30pm Leave Snake Island for Fun Run to Twin Dolphins
5pm – 7pm Early dinner at Twin Dolphins
7pm – 10pm Return to Hyatt for Dessert and Drinks poolside with Steel Drum entertainment

Sunday:
10am Photo shoot for Donzi Owners in Sarasota Bay
12pm – 2:30pm Lunch at Lido Beach – Anthony’s Deli catered
1pm – 3:00 St. Armand’s Circle trip for Ladies (dropped off at the Hyatt afterwards)
2:30 Return to Hyatt for sad goodbyes
4pm - 6pm Flushing of boats and removal of trailers

catch 22
09-10-2003, 07:39 PM
Hi everyone, After loading the truck and the boat I have found that there is no room left for ISABEL. Let's keep our fingers crossed and pray she stays away. See everyone next Friday.
:)

Air 22
09-10-2003, 09:24 PM
Wow....what a great weekend :p Can't wait :D

Pegasus
09-11-2003, 05:05 AM
My kids are stoked for sure! If anyone has the same schedule airport wise I can give them a lift. Coming into Tampa Friday morning 10:15am and leaving on a 6:30 plane Sunday evening. Just let me know.

"Be there or be square...or buy a Bayliner, whichever is more painfull!"

BabyDonzi
09-11-2003, 07:27 PM
Rooms booked! (seems like forever ago)
Oil changed, new thermostat, greased, lubed and detailed! What's that babe? The Alpine quit? Hot wired to the battery!
Now we're ready!!!!!

Convoy leaves Friday AM from West Palm!
Oh yeh, Mike, check mailed, registration faxed!

Isabel prediction-------------Hard right at the last possible moment! If not, Hurricane shutters up and we leave early, Donzi in tow!

If any of you Broward and Dade guys want to make a HUGE convoy of it, let me know, our departure time is flexible, and I still have a truck free to tow one if we have a boat to go! e-mail me!

Islander
09-11-2003, 09:31 PM
Poodle, Buizilla,
When are you guys planning on heading out on Friday? I'll convoy up with you, the earlier the better. :)

Pegasus
09-15-2003, 10:14 AM
Have to turn St. Joseph towards the window so we will be able to leave on Friday.....Isabel is looking to turn north to the chesapeake.....good thing I am going out of Philadelphia....might be able to get out before it reaches there.....hoping.

Dr. Dan
09-16-2003, 11:17 PM
:D Well....Isabell or Jesibell, we be Rockin on down starting tomorrow afternoon!
1st Stop...Rendevous with the World Traveler Brad Verd outside of D.C. to be joined by none other than Mr. Tim White of Potomac Mills and his awesome 33ZX....from there we head on down to the Carolinas to meet up with Air Boy & his Toy Boat and hopefully his Sexy Co-Pilot Crissy(Bad Squirell) eek!
Then its South Bound to beat out every Jethro, Towing their lifes belongings to get the hell outta Dodge, before the Lady Storm hits! :p
Well if the winds get too strong we can all just park on the other side of Tims Rig....that should just about cover all 3 of our little Classics.

Warm Up That Hyatt Master Blender Mr. Miller...the Boys Are Back In Town!

Doc...Perveyor of Truth & Mass Transit! :cool:
If any of you Atlanta area boys or others are mobil Thursday....my cell is 717-512-3656...we are not 100% Clear on our route quite yet...but we know it'll be South! wink

WOT-sup
09-17-2003, 01:12 AM
Greetings All
Looks like I get back into town and will be able to make it to the HTR. Bobbi has to work, because somebody has to support this fantasy, but she may be able to make it to the Friday festivities.

Our project boat, a 1972 18 classic, is over in Miami. Progress is being made, but once again, I will be at a Donzi event without a Donzi (How many years now??). At least LAST year it was out in the parking lot for show n’ tell.

The structural work is done, paint is nearing completion and I have a jump on hanging hardware. Hope to get the engine in during October. Be in the water before I know it; what’s another 6 months after 2 and half+ years??
But into the meantime, looking forward to seeing everybody and good time to follow!

Brad

Lil Grizz
09-17-2003, 08:58 AM
Mike I sent you an e-mail. I will definately be there and will be bringing two guests.

Budmann
09-17-2003, 12:09 PM
Looks like this things going to be out of control!! Mike, I also have two more Donzi's that will be joining us each day. The one 22 has 6 girls on it, so things should be very interesting. From what I understand, bathing suits are going to be an option. :D :D :D

BUIZILLA
09-17-2003, 12:59 PM
Ya gotta LUV those options.. eek! :D :D

WOT-sup
09-17-2003, 01:06 PM
Mike Miller

You have mail;count me in for HOR '03.

See you Friday,

Brad

BabyDonzi
09-17-2003, 03:11 PM
I'm so ready to go that I think I already left????

Budmann
09-17-2003, 03:48 PM
Yea, M.D. could this week be any longer. C'mon already. We have way too much drinking to do. I know Jodi and I will be eased up on some of the Budmann's special (mostly Vodka) Bloody Mary's by around 10:00 A.M. Hey, It will be 5:00 somewhere. :p :p :p

knee deep
09-17-2003, 06:01 PM
I'm pumped!!! The old orange monster is running at long last, taking it to Palm Beach tomorrow to get it towed over. I know better than to redo old boats, this week took another carb rebuild, a new distributor and a couple of days in the shop. Its not 100% cosmetically but it runs great, well, at least on the trailer.........We'll see everyone Friday afernoon! All drive safe and be prepared..........

BUIZILLA
09-17-2003, 07:53 PM
Bloody Mary's...BLOODY MARY'S !!

oh gawd, how I need one right about now..

J

who needs a lower unit when ya have Bloody Mary's

Lizard
09-17-2003, 11:35 PM
Well the caravan has begun. Danny left late this afternoon... and I am stuck in Pennsylvania. Bummed I will be missing the Owner's Rally. :(

So here is the latest updates from the traveling Dr. Dan

- No matter what Dwight says, DON'T travel in the HOV lanes. If you are traveling alone, they WILL catch you and you WILL get a ticket. (photo of the ticket will follow)

- The caravan picks up Brad... Danny meets up with Brad South of Washington, DC.

- Stuck in traffic on I-95 South of Washington, DC. Danny spots what looks like a huge white Donzi under a purple mooring cover. What are the odds... Its Tim White and his gang heading South. Tim and his group will be making a detour off of I-95. A quick stop in Fredericksburg, Virginia to pick up their "Choppers", then they will get back on their way towards Florida. Tim and his crew are hoping to hit Jacksonville by early Thursday morning.

- Danny and Brad are on their way to Raleigh, NC to spend the night at the home of Dwight (aka Air 22) and his beautiful wife, Crissy. Early Thursday morning Danny, Brad and Dwight will be Florida bound.

Travel Safe guys and have a few drinks for me! :cool:

Liz

Cuda
09-18-2003, 04:19 AM
If we can only make is down for one BS evening, which would be better, Friday or Saturday?

Pegasus
09-18-2003, 04:43 AM
We are glued to the TV at the moment and have fingers and toes crossed that we can get out of Maryland to get to the airport in Philly in the morning.....still hopefull. Why does it have to be an Airbus?????? eek! This is probably my last transmission before the lights go out so hope to see ya all down there before long. wink

Lizard
09-18-2003, 09:31 AM
Well the Caravan has picked up another traveler along the way.

And then there were 3... Danny, Brad and Dwight.

OH MY! :D

Special thanks to Crissy for letting the boys spend the night at your house :cool:

The adventure continues.... Stay tuned for more updates biggrin.

boldts
09-18-2003, 11:22 AM
Everyone traveling to Sota this weekend. First, have a GREAT TIME! :D Those of you traveling along the East coast, be careful and take your time.

Sure wish Beth and I could be joining you all, but not this year. We can't wait to see the pictures! Maybe the Criterion SS mystery will finally be solved and pictures abound. We have finger and toes crossed for great weather.

Take Care and be SAFE :)

MikeMiller
09-18-2003, 02:02 PM
CUDA, Friday will definitely be better!!

Tidbart
09-18-2003, 08:34 PM
8+8+5+5+6=the amount of hours I spent the last 5 days doing maintenance and cleanup. I am exhausted. Can't wait to get to Sarasota tomorrow and enjoy some downtime. :D

Hope everyone has a safe trip here.

We will miss you Crazy Horse.

Bob

Lil Grizz
09-19-2003, 02:33 AM
Its 3:30am and we plan on leaving in about an hour. I'm thinking that we'll get there around 1 or so. I hope the boat is clean since I ended up having to wash it in the dark. Looks like its clean but I swear it wasnt as hard as the last time I scrubbed rub marks and georgia clay off it.

2002 Red F-150 Lariat Fx4 with grey trim towing a white with black stripe 22zx.

See you all soon!
Marc

Greg K
09-19-2003, 07:12 AM
MadPoodle:

Fly fast, fly safe folks, see you there. And if we don't,
What the were you thinking??
I wish I knew...Have a great time!!

MikeMiller
09-19-2003, 07:28 AM
8:23 am in Sarasota. Got home this morning (4am) from Fred's and 5 O'clock club with Pistol Pete and Mo, Culotta & Bonnie, Woodsy and Nancy, Dr. Dan, BVerd, and Dwight!!

WOW!

Packing ditty bags, final check on registration booth supplies, got t-shirts, banners, tape, sunglasses, and cash.

Heading to Hyatt momentarily. For all of those not with us - WE MISS YOU ALREADY!!!!!

Special shout out to Liz, Mark Laszlo, Boldts, missing Winnie Bandits, and Harbourmaster.

Love to all - rock on!!!

Look for pics.

mattyboy
09-19-2003, 07:49 AM
Glad to hear the caravan made it safely thru the stormy night! Hope all have a fun and safe trip.
Please post pics, I need to see some big tropical drinks with the umbrellas eek! wink
feeling left out already :rolleyes:

Matty
well on the bright side atleast there wont be any
bad pics of me at this gathering

Tom Davis
09-19-2003, 08:02 AM
Glad you all got there safe and sound. I feel sooooo left out on this one!!! Wish I could be there, BUT I know the Winni Bandits are well represented! Stevie, Suzie, Kim and I will hold down the fort until next time....

Looks like the Bandits are already off to a good start, Take lot's of pictures, and keep in mind that we are now living vicariously through you...

Tom Davis
Winni Bandits
:( :( frown

CDMA
09-19-2003, 08:22 AM
I can't wait. Isabell has come and gone and ( what a wimp she was, well here anyway) the 4:15 flight is a go!

Chris

Containership hell will be left behind