PDA

View Full Version : Seadogs the weekend of the 25/26th

CDMA
01-16-2003, 10:02 PM
Is anyone interested in another get together similar to the one two weeks ago the weekend of the 25th. I was thinking in the St. Pete/ Sarasota area but if anyone has any other suggestions it is really flexible. My Mom and Dad are coming down and it is the last weekend the Weavers are around so I was thinking it could be a prime time for another informal get together.

Fishboy
Donzigo
Budman
Tidbart
John and Bea
Miller
Nate
Ted
Bryant

you all better have good excuses....

Chris

Soon to be well tabbed and steered...thanks to Heidi... :)

CDMA
01-16-2003, 10:12 PM
Are you kidding...............I'm in. that last one was too much fun.

Donzigo
01-16-2003, 10:15 PM
UHHHHHHHHHHH Chris and I are using the same computer. I forgot to log in. that last message was Donzigo, not Chris.

So again, I'm in. The last one was too much fun! Smila is in too.

Fish boy
01-16-2003, 10:21 PM
You don't have to ask me twice. Count Laura and me in.

smokediver
01-16-2003, 11:43 PM
I am on shift the 25th. but count me in if you guys decide on the 26th. hey why did you forget about me?!

smokediver
01-16-2003, 11:44 PM
I am on shift the 25th. but count me in if you guys decide on the 26th. hey why did you forget about me?!

smokediver
01-16-2003, 11:47 PM
i am in for the 26th. I am on shift the 25th.

Dr. Dan
01-17-2003, 05:43 AM
:rolleyes: I knew it Richard...Chris comes down there and "ALL" his personalities start to come out! :p Me , Myself and My Donzi! eek! ......I always new there were a few people in there......Doc

Not sure if that weekend works for me, I'm scheduled to be "Freeezing My Buns Off That Weekend"..............another 3" last nite....

Fish boy
01-17-2003, 05:52 AM
Chris, I think there are a few more in the area like Donzi Blackhawk, Pmreed, Crackerjack, Speed Racer, Cuda, Fla Gator, GeneD, Hardonzi, J&K Shabas, Gearhead, Stepped Bottom...sorry if I missed anyone close by. Hope all will try to make this and/or the Gasparilla event that appears to be forming in Feb.

Fish

Jamesbon
01-17-2003, 06:49 AM
I'm in! :D

If it's warm, maybe we could rendezvous at Shell Island...???

Cuda
01-17-2003, 07:01 AM
Just a note that the 26th is Super Bowl Sunday. If my Bucs make it that far, I'll be at the TV. If not, either day is fine with us.

HP 600SC
01-17-2003, 07:18 AM
My mother is going in for hip replacment surgery on the 20th. I will be moving her into my house for a few weeks thereafter for the recovery. Doubt if I can make it, you guys have fun! wink
Not to mention the SuperBowl.
Some of you newbies here probably dont know that I dont put my 22 in saltwater.

Team Hula Girl
01-17-2003, 07:59 AM
I am in unless the bucs win in Philidelphia on Sunday. Then I will be in San Diego that weekend for the Super Bowl.

Chris I may be out this Saturday also. I iwll send you an e-maill and let you know.

John

Donzigo
01-17-2003, 09:56 AM
The 25th works for us, the 26th won't. How about a rendevous at Shell Island, because, if it's ugly weather, we can just go in 500 yards to Billys and party inside. The pier has the same inside place and a nice view. Just suggesting.

Here we go again, SEADOGS! Hey, we need more people & Donzis to join us.

Budmann
01-17-2003, 10:15 AM
25th works for me and Jodi. Then that way everyone can still watch the Superbowl. HP500(Ted) I took that stance regarding saltwater. These people are to much fun not to use the (freshwater flush option.) Also, please tell your mom that my family and I wish her the best. I miss her smiling face.

florida gator
01-17-2003, 10:25 AM
If it's the 25, I could drive down. I am boatless for a couple of weeks. Having the heads pulled this weekend. If anyone needs help paying for gas let me know. Otherwise I can waite until I get the boat back.

Donzi Blackhawk
01-17-2003, 11:26 AM
Count me in for the 25th. I will trailer up to St. Pete and launch by Richard.

Bryant

P.S. Hey Richard, when do you plan on taking Chris out to Burn's Steak House? I told him not to miss out on that for a great dinner.

J&K SHAHBAS
01-17-2003, 12:48 PM
I hate to make excuses, butt Shelby is a little to new so it looks like I should fatten her up by april suwannee and definetly AOTH.
But please grace my house with a fly by Nate knows where it is so dont be shy!!!!

florida gator
01-17-2003, 12:56 PM
Blackhawk, Burns as good as it is, cann't hold a candle to Shulas.

Budmann
01-17-2003, 01:07 PM
Gentlemen, let us not forget that you need at least two large bags of money to eat at that place. eek! eek! eek! eek! We all need to remember that Chris is on a college budget. Now if he could get Richard to sell that beautiful Vette then maybe they could afford it. What about Ruth Christ? They have GREAT steaks and you can at least get out of there with a little balance left on your credit card.

Jamesbon
01-17-2003, 01:09 PM
Salt Rock :D

Budmann
01-17-2003, 01:19 PM
Great call Nate, best restuarent I have eaten at in a long time. Hey.... what about dinner by water at Salt Rock. :) :) Thats right, they have a nice dock and its on the Intercoastal. Maybe that could be a plan for the 25th. Early dinner and then balls to the wall back to Richard and Smila's in the Gulf (weather permitting). What's everyone think about that??????

Jamesbon
01-17-2003, 02:09 PM
I'm liking it.

We could incorporate my house if need be. I'm 10 minutes south of Salt Rock, 10 minutes North of John's Pass, directly on the intercoastal. We could use the vacant dock next door, my dock, and I'm sure my other neighbor would let us use his.

There's also a big public boat ramp between me and Salt Rock. (intersection at Park Blvd and Gulf Blvd)

Just a thought...

Budmann
01-17-2003, 02:15 PM
Hurry up... I'm already there!! :p :p yippie cool!

Fish boy
01-17-2003, 02:52 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Salt Rock, mmmmmmmmmm, Salt Rock, mmmmmmmmmm.

Can't think of any place more deserving of a visit from a fleet of Donzis.

ToonaFish
01-17-2003, 02:56 PM
It's in the twenties, Little Allatoona is frozen solid, and the black ice makes a refreshing horseback ride impossible... if ya'll are doing this just to make us green with envy, I'd like you to know that it is working.

Bunches,

Celene 'looking into this snowmobiling thing'

Oh, and the kid still needs to go to Bern's... you haven't really been to Tampa unless you've faced that early French prostitute decor and sampled the homemade croutons.

Budmann
01-17-2003, 03:14 PM
Celene, we would welcome you with open arms. Ya 'no Georgia ain't that far away. C'mon, you could ride with one of us. It would give you a good reason to come to Florida. I have to be in Destin Fla. Sunday afternoon, so we could follow toward the State line. Give it some thought. :)

HP 600SC
01-17-2003, 03:39 PM
Buddy,
thank you....I will tell mother.
Ted

Greg K
01-17-2003, 03:47 PM
HP 500:

Some of you newbies here probably dont know that I dont put my 22 in saltwater.You're kiddin right !!?? eek!

Budmann
01-17-2003, 03:54 PM
Hey Ted... could you perhaps come to Salt Rock by car. Isn't that pretty close to your home?? Just spoke with Chris(CDMA) and Richard(Donzigo) and they are watering at the mouth. Last Wharf trip we only had 4 Donzi. Do you think we could find a few more Donzi's that could make this one???

Tidbart
01-17-2003, 04:40 PM
Ranya and I will have to play it by ear. I have the closing coming up and a trip to Houston soon after this get-together. We'll do our best to make it.

Ted, hope all goes well with your mother :)

Bob and Ranya

Cuda
01-17-2003, 06:06 PM
Jamesbon:

There's also a big public boat ramp between me and Salt Rock. (intersection at Park Blvd and Gulf Blvd)

Just a thought...That is the ramp I always use. The only drawback to Salt Rock is there is quite a bit of idle zone in either direction.

Cuda
01-17-2003, 06:21 PM
Here are some pictures taken at Salt Rock.
http://www.donzi.net/photos/jgriffsr.jpg
http://www.donzi.net/photos/jgriffrow.jpg

CDMA
01-17-2003, 06:23 PM
Great!!!

I will give the Weavers a call and warn my parents....

Ok everyone lets practice.... "Stock 350...yes that is a STOCK engine in my boat wink "

Ted common you can get away for a few hours...you have to come to SOME event... :) You can ride with me.

Chris

Ok...so what happened to florida being warm???

HP 600SC
01-17-2003, 07:01 PM
Believe me guys... (Buddy & Chris) If I can find anyone to look after mom for the day...I'm there!

Greg, no kidding...NO SALT! for the 22....

Thank's BOB :)

Cuda....nice photo's...especially the bottom one......3rd boat from the left wink

Ted M.

Donzigo
01-17-2003, 08:40 PM
Hey gang, I just talked to Smila in Hilton Head working. We're all over that Salt Rock thing. I can taste the Coconut Shrimp now, ummmmmmm. Buddy, I like Ruth Chris better than the Berns' Bordelo, for sure.

Hey, let's go to Salt Rock then to our house. I tried the new dock heater out tonight. Works great. Lots of Donzi docking down this way. I'm icing down the beers, right now. OK you others who didn't come, you're getting a second chance here to show our face.

It's the SEADOGS down and dirty at the Salt Rock.

Jodi, we''ll stop at Sams' and get us all poncho's to wear for dinner - LOL.

Donzigo
01-17-2003, 08:52 PM
FYI - It's about 45 minute from the Salt Rock to my dock. A perfect run. Some idling, some fast, gives you a chance to warm up when idling.

Jamesbon
01-17-2003, 09:56 PM
So let's get a head count nailed down by Monday and I'll make the reservations.

For Saturday Jan. 25th. the "seating hours" are from 4-11. At the moment, smoking is wide open. For non smoking we'll have to plan on arriving @ 4 PM or sometime a few hours later, it's getting booked already...

This is gonna be good! :D

Fish boy
01-18-2003, 06:33 PM
Should we move this thread to the events section and start with the head count and more definitive plans? Just a thought.

Fish

Dino
01-20-2003, 08:20 AM
Sorry all .... We will be at the Breakers that weekend. darn Hate to miss a get together..
Its so much fun sending the pictures back to Vermont where its minus 20 these days....
See you next time
Dennis and Judy

Budmann
01-21-2003, 11:22 AM
Count Jodi and myself in. No kids this weekend so pretty open on times. I hope this weekend brings out more of our felow Donzi owners. I have to think that there are more Donzi freaks than what has been showing up. How about everyone who has a Donzi, really putting forth the effort and make this a Sat. to remember.

Budmann
01-22-2003, 07:55 AM
Good morning all... I heard some rather disturbing news this morning regarding weather for the weekend. It would seem that some of our Northern folks have deceided to send down some rather COLD weather in an attempt to foil our dinner plans on Sat. The low for Sat. is likely to get down into the 30's. :( I think we should all take a moment and really think about bring boats. I still very much want to have dinner with my new found friends, however, my girl seems to think leaving me would be better than frezzing her you know what off. Please give some imput, as the week is fast coming to an end.

Cuda
01-22-2003, 08:34 AM
Budman, you could always put the boat in at the Park Blvd ramp. It is about a 500 yard trip to Salt Rock from there. :) Let's hope the weather stays nice, it's beautiful today.

Budmann
01-22-2003, 08:57 AM
LOL.. I did actully even think about that. Kidaof allot of work to run a thousand yards. I have even thought about leting the girls ride with Richard(nice cabin in that big 33Z) and us boys ruffing it out in the cold. Either wat I still want the dinner plans to continue. SALT ROCK GRILL MMMMMmmmmmmMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm :p :p :p :p

Jamesbon
01-22-2003, 10:07 AM
Boats or no boats, I'm game for whatever, oh, and I ain't scared to break out the ski jacket and gloves wink

non smoking not avail. for parties more than 6.
smoking is still open. What time do you all wanna eat?? Please advise.

Just found their website (http://www.saltrockgrill.com) :D

So far;
Budmann
Budwoman
Donzigo
Smila
CDMA
Fishboy
Laura
Jamesbon
yet to be determined date
Cuda
& Wife
Florida Gator ??
DOnziBlackhawk
& Wife
Bob & Ranya?

Budmann
01-22-2003, 10:15 AM
My feelings are hurt Nate! Where is the Budmann and Budwoman on your list. Have I been uninvited??? I am also up for Parkas and gloves. Doesn't matter to me either way.

Fish boy
01-22-2003, 11:15 AM
Nate,
It does not look like Laura and I are going to be able to make it this weekend. I hope you all have a great time. Still hoping for Gasparilla the following weekend though.

Jody

Jamesbon
01-22-2003, 01:45 PM
Budmann, you were the first ones I put on the list, see? wink

Sorry to hear that Jody frown

Budmann
01-22-2003, 01:58 PM
Sorry Nate, I'm a little under the weather today. Woke up with faver and guess I'm not seeing to clear. Jodi and I are both pretty sick, but we are eating lots of vitamins and O.J. Lets see what the temp. is on Sat. and we can deceide if we are takeing boats or cars.

Jamesbon
01-22-2003, 02:37 PM
Got cha! I went back and edited the list wink

florida gator
01-22-2003, 03:16 PM
What time will everyone be getting together? I know my wife cann't make it. I am working on me getting out though.

Budmann
01-22-2003, 03:29 PM
Bond, you got me. Are the dinner resos still for 4:00??? Smoking is fine for me (cause I smoke) so just let us know what the time is and we will be there with bells on. Hey Richard and Smily... do you still want to meet at your house or what??

CDMA
01-22-2003, 10:07 PM
Ok so the high is going to be 55....

Assuming we use the boats I think we need to meet before 4. Maybe boat from 12-3 then go to the salt rock by car. Driving home at 8pm by boat is going to be frigid....

Or maybe it just isn't worth it to even bother with the boats. I am up for it but then again I am from up North wink

Chris

2 weeks in Florida and already my blood is thinning....

Cuda
01-22-2003, 11:10 PM
I'm not opposed to going by car, especially since I missed the last one. :( It would be fun just to get together with a bunch of boat nuts like myself and shoot the breeze.

I have to leave tomorrow and go to Jacksonville. I have four guys up there working on a new McDonald's (no heat) and I have to take them extra clothing. I should be back by Friday evening. The bad part is there are four guys and one pickup. One guy has been having to ride in the back from the motel to the job site. :o

Budmann
01-23-2003, 07:49 AM
Lets do the car thing. Hey, some of you met Paul at the Wharf a few weekends back, and he wanted to extend an invite to maybe meeat at his bar first (UNDERTOW BEACH BAR). Its about a 20 minute drive from his place to the Salt Rock up the beach. Just a thought since Richard,Smily, and CDMA have to drive right by it. Let us know.

Jamesbon
01-23-2003, 08:08 AM
Reservations are @ 9 PM Saturday, January 25. Conformation # 1340....under Nathan Schlaeppi.

...and yes, let's meet up prior to din din.

Budmann
01-23-2003, 08:43 AM
So who's up for a little cocktailing before dinner??? :p :p Hey smokediver...are you going to bring that beautiful daughter of yours???? My friend Tom is going to bring his kids and he has a daughter about her age. Wish my little Lindsey was here. :confused: :confused: :( :( frown

Jamesbon
01-23-2003, 08:50 AM
"cocktailing before dinner?" ...don't have to ask me twice eek! :D

Donzigo
01-23-2003, 09:38 AM
Hi gang,

Smila and I are up for anything. The time has been earmarked, so all we need is to know the place. As I understand it, the Salt Rock at 4:00PM was the last time mentioned. If there is another place and time, say it.

Budman, I will call you. If the weather isn't absolutely bone-chilling cold, then by the water is fine. Otherwise, I don't look forward to a one hour cruise to my house, by water at 11:00 PM.

If you and Jodi want to meet at our house, great. It's about 1 hour by water and 45 minutes by car.

R & S

Jamesbon
01-23-2003, 10:01 AM
Richard,
Reservations are @ 9 PM @ Salt Rock. Let's get together before then @ my house or anyplace else you guys are up for, for a couple toddies before Salt Rock...

Budmann
01-23-2003, 10:24 AM
Works for me and Jodi!

Jamesbon
01-24-2003, 03:29 PM
Since I haven't seen anything set in stone, let's meet @ my house @ 7PM Saturday for a few cocktails, then off to Salt Rock @ 9PM?

17713 Longpoint Dr.
Redington Shores, FL 33708
727 319 9721

From I-275:
Take 693 or Park Blvd. West towards the beaches, go South or left on Gulf Blvd., go left or East on 175 Av., go to the first stop sign and take a left, go to Longpoint Dr and take a right, proceed to 17713 or to the only driveway with a FAT ASS DONZI GT with a white cover on it. :D

Tidbart
01-24-2003, 03:40 PM
Have fun everyone. Ranya and I will not be making this trip. I have to work because of the cold snap.
We will catch up next time.

Bob frown

Budmann
01-24-2003, 04:21 PM
Sounds good to me. How about an address?

florida gator
01-24-2003, 04:28 PM
From the north, does the Veterans run into 275. I have been to St Pete many times, but before Veterans came all the way up here.

Jamesbon
01-25-2003, 09:09 AM
Florida Gator,
I believe it does.

The address is in my last post.

Cuda
01-25-2003, 10:43 AM
Gator, yes it does, just watch the signs to merge.

smokediver
01-25-2003, 12:48 PM
budman, sorry but we will not be able to make it... I am on duty today....cheyenne moved with her mom over to west palm today also...very sad day...

florida gator
01-25-2003, 03:10 PM
OK, the pregnant one has put down her foot and once again, I will not be participating. I sure am glad this won't last much longer. I'm not used to getting someone elses input to do something frown

Budmann
01-25-2003, 05:06 PM
Smokediver...Going thru the same thing. Lindsey's Mother took her back to Indiana last month and I'm dying inside. People without a baby girl can't imagine what you and I are going thru. I' don't think I have slept since she left. Well, we have some good people on this Registry, so let your Donzi friends help you thru this. If you ever need to talk, give me a call... ANYTIME!!! My number is 727-784-4033
Cell-727-410-2057- Work- 727-484-3100 ex.240. Good luck my friend and remember that West Palm is not that far away. het, I get Lindsey for a week from Feb. 22nd till March 2nd. Would love to get the two of them together. Let me know if you can swing it. Good luck and we will see you soon!

smokediver
01-25-2003, 07:50 PM
thanks budman...lets do that ... I will be in touch...my cell is 239-777-0391...call anytime...john