PDA

View Full Version : Who's Going to the Marathon APBA?

pmreed
05-01-2002, 06:16 PM
I don't even know if I'm going, but I guess GeneD suckered me into starting this thread :rolleyes: .

There isn't much info on the APBA site for this race, but here's the link.
APBA at Marathon (http://www.apba-offshore.com/location.cfm?EventID=10)

It's been so long since I've been to the keys I don't have a clue where to stay if I do go :confused: . Any suggestions?? The last time I stayed there the ink was still fresh on my diver's card, like 1974!

Here's a good reason to go:
http://www.donzi.net/photos/pmreed003.jpg

Sound off fellas!

Phil

Donzi Marine VP
05-02-2002, 09:14 AM
Hey Phil,

I just posted a message about Marathon. Check it out!

It was great seeing you and all the other owners in Daytona. Let's try get a bunch of owners to come down to Marathon so we can have a HUGE party. The President of Donzi, Mike Collins, will be joining me so spread the word and let's see how big we can make this get together!

Talk to you soon!

GeneD
05-02-2002, 06:19 PM
Phil...thanks man, you saved my life on the beach there. I really, really, can't thank you enough.
But...you are going to have to come down to Marathon to get paid back.
Come on! All you gotta do is get on the internet and find a room.
My Team Owner is staying at the Ramada, me...I'm only the driver for Don's sake, am staying at the King Sail Motel. I guess the good part of that is that the hookers aren't too far away.
We're working on having a better pit than Daytona, everyone can come by for a soda, and maybe something stronger!
See you all there.

Jamesbon
05-02-2002, 11:47 PM
Hmmm, I'm liking the sound of this.

How many hours from St. Pete? ...and yes, I drive fast.

pmreed
05-03-2002, 11:28 AM
Nate, Last time I drove to Key West, it took me 8 hours from Orlando; barring some unforseen problem, that makes Marathon about 7. For you Nate, probably a couple of hours wink .

Phil

Jamesbon
05-07-2002, 10:47 PM
Right on Phil, I'll see ya there!

GeneD
05-07-2002, 11:44 PM
Nate,
This time, let's get our ducks in a row and get the room before we get trashed.
Deal?
Seriously, if need be, you can crash with me and the Crew Chief. Don't forget to bring the boat.
BTW, is it together?

Jamesbon
05-08-2002, 09:02 AM
The boat's on the grass and ready to be flipped upside down tonight, so my glass guy can do the bottom. Not sure if I told everyone, but my glass guy broke his ankle about 6 weeks ago, and all progress was halted. Now he's back in service and waiting for me to bring him the upside down hull.

I've finally collected 95% of the hardware, just need a few little things. I'm hoping to wrap her up by summer's end, but that's what I said last year too. It's taking forever.

Now, for Marathon, I'm bringing a couple friends and a 25 foot Dusky. We plan to hang with the Donzi family and do some fishing on Monday & Tuesday.

Thanks Gene. You'll probably be more comfortable than I, as I think we're sleeping in the boat. :rolleyes:

I can't wait to see everyone!!!

Jamesbon
05-10-2002, 09:41 AM
The people from OSO are meeting here (http://www.offshoreonly.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24054).