PDA

View Full Version : Thunder On The Bay 2003! Poker Run

Pegasus
01-10-2003, 12:26 PM
Hiya gang! *smooches* Well it's that time of the year again for Jackson Marine Sales, Donzi "Thunder On The Bay 2003" Poker Run The Date is set and is cistineb Aug. 8 & 9th so mark those calendars! Crystal Inn has been contacted for rooms and we got a better rate than the past two years! Give them a call and make your reservations early! I am working on the web page so you can access the information more easily. Hope to see you ALL this year!

Stephanie DelGrippo
Jackson Marine Sales
web page (http://www.jacksonmarinesales.com)

THATS IT
01-13-2003, 07:47 PM
steff, looking forward to this years event.last year was my 1st run with you guys and what a blast we had. (not to mention taking 2nd place) The weather, water conditions, food, and donzi owners were awesome!!! This will be our 2nd season as donzi owners and look forward to getting together with other donzis.

THATS IT
22classic

LKSD
01-15-2003, 04:20 PM
sounds cool !! :)

Greg Maier
01-15-2003, 07:18 PM
I've marked my calender ! Had a great time last year. The course is easy to navigate and scenic and the party afterwords is top notch. Didn't get to go to the cocktail party last year, but heard that it was a lot of fun. See you there ! :D :D :D

undertaker
01-15-2003, 08:33 PM
Hey Stephanie count me in again, had a blast last year ran the #$&* out of the 28ZX, this year I am looking forward to running the #$%& out of the new 33ZX, its a great event I hope to see many registry members there. THINK SPRING

Dr. Dan
01-18-2003, 07:50 PM
:cool: Wow...really looking forward to another fantastic "Thunder On The Bay Poker Run" ! Last year we had more Classics and it really was a terrific time. :D I hope we can recruit even more "Donzi Registry Members" to attend, even if they just have to fly in and ride....it's a good time!.....Here are a couple of shots Lizard and I took.... :p
http://www.donzi.net/photos/Djohnides06.jpg
[img]http://www.donzi.net/photos/Djohnides07.jpg

Dr. Dan
01-18-2003, 08:28 PM
:p A Thorn among Roses! :p
http://www.donzi.net/photos/Djohnides08.jpg

Dr. Dan
01-18-2003, 08:42 PM
:cool: Joe Cool............ :cool:
http://www.donzi.net/photos/Djohnides19.jpg

Dr. Dan
01-18-2003, 09:03 PM
:rolleyes: Air 22 proves his name sake once again during the afternoon run....what is it with these fly boys anyway! wink ...Doc
http://www.donzi.net/photos/Djohnides23.jpg

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-19-2003, 01:06 PM
Steph or Doc, how long is the run?
I have been saying no do to our run the weekend prior (HRPA Regatta St Judes charity Poker Run) to Thunder On the Bay etc, but I think it is very doable, no family, I will find a 1st mate in the HRPA and do it.
Steph send me the forms and fee's etc.
I will book a room, also curious about where everyone launches etc. and the weekend agenda.

The great photo's pushed me over the edge, thanks for sharing them.
Spoke to ROADTRIP who is visiting for our run, trying to get him to do both!

Bryan Tuvell

Doc, now it is your turn to register with the HRPA run! I stepped up to the plate!

Dr. Dan
01-19-2003, 03:08 PM
:p Launching is available at Jackson Marine as well as several local area Marinas that are open to the public....we put in up at Anchor Marine normally...lots of parking and it's pretty quick..plus they will shuttle you back to your boat in a golf cart......(they are set up for very big offshore rigs for parking and all... wink

This year promises to be the best Poker Run yet! ............. :D ...Doc

Pegasus
01-21-2003, 10:59 AM
Brian- You are on the mailing list dude! Hope to see ya all there.

Doc- Thanks for posting the pics! Great help..

Pegasus

Air 22
01-21-2003, 04:27 PM
Hi..Steph

Crissy and I in 4 sure. We had a great time last year and it was our 1st poker run. Anyone thinking about it...GO its a blast. A great group of people who become FRIENDS wink

My avtar was taken at this very event and ever since I've been AIR 22...I almost hit the helicopter according to DOC :D :D He's so critical of my driving :D :D :D Just bustin ya DOC! :p

The question is......will BRVERD float his own this year? :D

Budmann
01-22-2003, 09:09 AM
Great pics you guys. Also some very pretty Donzi girls. Hope to see you all real soon. Not sure if we can make the Poker Run, however, we will try!

LKSD
01-22-2003, 09:52 AM
cool pix dan , looks like everyone had fun !

roadtrip se
01-23-2003, 11:13 AM
Bryan T,

Pencil me in as first mate. Jill will probably want to come too, considering we have edged her out at the HRPA, and I have been hearing about it ever since!

My travel agent is going to kill me....

RT

Life is too short to pass up any poker run invite!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-23-2003, 11:47 AM
Todd, your penciled in....
We will likely go up Friday, overnight and we can return home early Sunday, after breakfast, as time draws closer I will make that a 4 day weekend for fun. Maybe Nancy will go, still unsure where the kids will go for the summer.

Rooms are cheap at the crystal, we all slept together enough last trip so get your own room and I will bring the Gargae door opener to wake us up! eek!

See ya soon Doc.
Bryan

Dr. Dan
01-25-2003, 09:49 AM
:cool: I would strongly encourage anyone who plans to attend to allow your schedule to accomadate a casual Sunday run. We normally have a small group of Donzis that do a raft up or picnic and swim....and/ or lunch at one of the many waterside restaurants.....so a four day weekend is a great idea...but for sure try to stay for some low key running on Sunday...we can break it off mid afternoon so folks have time to recover from their weekend exploits..... :p ...looking forward to seeing many new faces this year.... :D ...Doc

Pegasus
02-08-2003, 08:36 AM
Hi gang! Well I think I have the new logo set. I have to plant it on the web so you all can see it. Or should I keep it a secret?

fasttrucker
02-08-2003, 04:21 PM
We drive the boat to the poker run from our marina.The trip takes 45min.We plan on going again this year!...peter(age6)+sara(age12) had a great time.Hope we dont break down again. :( ..We might get two rooms this year one for the kids,one with a hottub for us. wink

Pegasus
02-09-2003, 06:24 AM
Can't wait to see you all again this year! You can make your reservations for the B&B and Crystal Inn now if you like. Just mention the poker run. I have already reserved the rooms for us. I hope you like the new logo. Let me know!
http://www.jacksonmarinesales.com/images/totb2003_2.jpg

What do you think?

Pegasus
02-09-2003, 06:55 AM
Hey doc....madpoodle has a point. Think maybe you can link the photos instead of posting? It's an idea.

Pegasus
02-09-2003, 07:40 AM
Hey Doc! What do you think of the new logo?

Dr. Dan
02-09-2003, 07:54 AM
:D Steph...the Logo is Cool as always....just get the guys working on the Shirts earlier ....we don't want you looking like me by losing your hair...from the stress! eek! I think it looks great, is that going on the front or the back? and if the back...maybe we could do a pocket badge logo for Jackson Marine on the front or something on the sleeves, waving American Flag,Donzi Marine, or whatever. I like it... :cool: ...
Doc

Pegasus
02-09-2003, 07:57 AM
Thanks! It gets harder every year to come up with something better. The logo is going on the front and sponsors on the back...have to remember those who make it all possible you know!

Air 22
02-09-2003, 09:13 AM
wink Steph...VERY NICE LOGO.. :D Looking forward to the run...Count me in for 2 shirts XXL and a medium.
Dwight & Crissy
smileybo

Pegasus
02-09-2003, 09:22 AM
Now you know you all get two so consider it a done deal. I am glad you liked the logo. It brought a tear to my eye when I was finished. The past and the present tied as one!

fasttrucker
02-15-2003, 02:00 PM
Hey i love the shirt design.I found that my old shirt from last year became a little washed out.Do you think we could maybe order the design on a better quality shirt.Willing to pay a little more for the poker run or a shirt upcharge.Whatever you think.

boldts
02-15-2003, 11:41 PM
Stephanie, could you put me on the mailing list also? Planning to be in VA 8/1 & 2. Traveling to PA to visit with family and doing the Jackson run on the 8th & 9th. May hang for Sunday, but not sure yet.

Scott Boldt
The Midwest Donzi Club
6304 Fence Row Lane
Canal Winchester, OH 43110

Pegasus
02-24-2003, 02:23 PM
Sorry about the shirt dude. I had wearguard do the shirts last year and they were done on a good quality. Easy on the bleach! (just kidding)

Scott-email me your complete information and I will pop you in the database.

Sponsorship has allready started and the plan in on the move! Talk to you soon!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-02-2003, 07:40 PM
Stephanie, I have not recieved anything from you guys, last time we posted I think you said you would fire me an application for the run. Sorry I never recieved the original from the mailing list!
Hook me up.

Bryan Tuvell
420 Lynnfield Road
Chesapeake, VA 23323

Thanks.........

Pegasus
04-07-2003, 02:40 PM
ITS TIME! The entry form is posted! I will be mailing them as well (snail mail)later on in the week. But you have it first! Tell all your Donzi pals to start stoking their Donzis for this one! Poker Run Entry Form (http://www.jacksonmarinesales.com/Poker_run_entry_Form.htm)

(Brian- No one got one until now! Sorry! Follow the above and you have it made! :D

Pegasus
04-14-2003, 03:29 PM
Hey! No entries yet?

fasttrucker
04-18-2003, 06:50 PM
Was surfing and cbpba has a north bay poker run on aug 9th+10th on their calender.I hope those slow boats from bajas,ect. dont get in our way! :rolleyes:

Pegasus
04-21-2003, 03:29 PM
We will just have to run them over is all! Looks like they want some of our Thunder

Pegasus
05-01-2003, 12:56 PM
Hey gang! What is the consensus on having a crab feast instead of what we been having after the run is over? Hot Dogs for those anti-crab lovers.

Please email me with your thoughts on this!

mailto:pegasus917@yahoo.compegasus917@yahoo.com</a>

fasttrucker
05-31-2003, 05:17 PM
Ive been it contact with CBPBA.After a little misunderstanding about donzis vrs bajas. :rolleyes: I was able to find out the poker run plans in the north bay.It seems they will be going into the c+d canal around 11am-noon.They stop for lunch,then leave the c+d canal sometime after 2pm."Steph"I hope this info helps you out. :cool:

Pegasus
06-06-2003, 03:31 PM
Thanks! I have a call in to CBPBA and are talking to them. Oh guess what gang! Got the helicopter again! If you don't have enough pictures of your boat yet here is another chance! hehehehehehe. Things are progressing and keep the entries coming. You can get an entry form on our web site as well. Sponsorship is great. Friday's meeting will be at the NautiGoose this year. Talk to you all soon!

Pegasus
06-21-2003, 07:54 AM
Hey gang! Things are heating up and sponsorship is doing great! Don't forget that there are still three rooms available at the North Bay Bed and Breakfast which is a walk to the marina. Keep those entries coming and I will talk at you soon. Oh I talked to Mike Collins from Donzi this past week and he is going to check his schedule to see if he can attend! Helicopter is coming as well again this year.

Dr. Dan
06-21-2003, 01:24 PM
:cool: Very Cool....Crabs or Dogs is cool with us...we come for the Good times and libations! :D
Looks like we might have some Winnie Bandits attending as well if they can keep their boats running!!!? :rolleyes: Damn 700 + Horsepower...and they said it would be "Turn Key" honest! Looking forward to it...we will be trying to up the enrollment numbers as always..."Always Be Selling".... :p ...Doc

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-22-2003, 02:39 AM
Steph, don't look like we will make it there this year due to our schedule.
Sounds like it will be a great event, we look forward to seeing the pictures.
Bryan

Dr. Dan
06-24-2003, 09:33 AM
:D Just to Clear up any misunderstandings regarding the Salt Water vs. Fresh water in the Northern Bay! The Northern Bay is fed by Fresh Water Rivers....as a result the water stays fresh pretty much through September....as the Summer drags on and rain fall slows...there is a slight migration of Salinity to the North of say the Bay Bridge area....this is easy to track also by the Fall presence of Sea Nettles(small cousin to the Jelly Fish) that will be visible as the Season comes to a close! wink So rest assured the area we boat in for the Jackson Run is predominantly fresh....and offers spectacular scenery and a very diverse cross section of waters to run in, we have it all... :cool: So make your plans and reserve your weekend to join us in the Beautiful Chesapeake Bay!....Doc

Pegasus
06-25-2003, 05:37 AM
Bryan sorry to hear about you not coming! We will surely miss you.Thanks for the info Doc Dan! Usually you can check the conditions with CBOS (Data Bouy near Still pond) But someone hit the thing last year and it's not back in operation at this time. You can check the mid bay station though. Well anyway keep those entries coming and I will be in touch!

Pegasus
07-16-2003, 01:45 PM
Here it is! Helicopter is coming back and radio 94.7 The River will be attending the run and bringing the River Deck with them to spout off some of that classic Rock and Roll! DJ Paul Schmidt will officiate at the awards! Camp Donzi is on for the little ones and the lunch stop is at Port Deposit. I am extending deadline so sign up as fast as you can. I am running behind with the huge equipment changes here at the marina. Talk to you soon!

Dr. Dan
07-18-2003, 03:05 PM
:p Hard to believe this is only 3 weeks away....I hope some of you will give this a shot...it is Exit 100 off the I-95 Expressway. This is an easy Run to get to, all flat hauls North and South....Be there or be square!

...... :D ....Doc

Dr. Dan
07-30-2003, 08:54 PM
:cool: Hey Team...If you haven't sent in or signed up on line to register...please try to do ASAP! wink Steph needs a head count for food and trinkets? See Ya all in a week.... :p .....

Doc of the Bay

Pegasus
07-31-2003, 06:59 PM
Thanks Dr. Dan!n Yuppers only one week now and counting! Packets went out today so keep a look out for them! If you are going to sign up please do so by Monday! See ya there! GO DONZI!

Pegasus
08-05-2003, 08:48 PM
Three days and counting.....so excited....are you signed up????