PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to AOTH III !

Sam
12-30-2002, 05:41 PM
At the risk of getting started a little early I was just curious who is planing on going to AOTH III. I for one have it on my calender.

Bad-Tat
12-30-2002, 09:53 PM
Reservation already made!

ToonaFish
12-30-2002, 10:59 PM
I'll be there with bells on... bumming float time as usual... one of these days you guys are going to figure out that these events aren't Disney World and cut me off the rides!

Bunches,

Celene "lotsa good stuff gonna happen in '03"

Jerry Eisele
12-31-2002, 07:18 AM
I'm in with Rick & Charlie Jahnigen. :cool: :cool:

ITTLFLI
12-31-2002, 09:26 AM
I have reservations for the whole darn family! Of course it is little easier since it is my home lake!

87 22 Classic /502-Navy/Honey
86 22 Classic/502-Red/White

(2600 American Offshore/Blown 502-White)

Digger
01-02-2003, 03:14 PM
I'll be there, arrive Thu afternoon. I have a room at Jamestown this year, no more late night commuting to state park...although I will miss that HUGE covered slip courtesy of Bandit!

see you there

Brad Lyon
01-02-2003, 05:37 PM
We are planning on comming as long as I still have a job to pay for it!

Brad

roadtrip se
01-02-2003, 11:24 PM
We there!

Jamesbon
01-03-2003, 09:01 AM
I plan to make my debut there! If not, Scott Boldts will have my head wink

Team Hula Girl
01-03-2003, 09:40 AM
Nathan, what day are you going up and how are you getting there? I was thinking of driving up but not sure about dragging the boat with me. There is probably enough of us from the Tampa/St. pete area to make a roadtrip.

John

RedDog
01-03-2003, 09:47 AM
we're in! Arrive Thursday & leave Sunday

boldts
01-05-2003, 12:14 PM
Nathan, No head hunting from me. LOL If the GT isn't ready, so be it. From the pictures so far, I sure hope both you and the Donzi can make it. It's now January and I'm ready to begin getting everything together for 2003.

First on my list is to talk to our former years sponsors to see if they are interested in helping again this year. In the past, I haven't put our sponsors on the gathering t-shirts. That may have to change in fairness to our great sponsors.

The main objective of AOTH is seeing old friends, enjoying our boats on a very large, wide open lake, along with meeting new friends and Donzi owners. Some of you have come since the first gathering. Some of you have towed your boats from unimaginable distances. It floors me when I read the expected attendee list and where some of them are coming from. I would hope that the Lake Winni gang could come again this year, but fully understand the reason if not. Same goes for our Canadian friends. Formula JR from Oregon graced us with his presence at our first gathering, but I do not expect him to come every year.

This gathering is not about how many attend or even how pretty the boat you bring is. In fact, more often the work in progress receives just as much if not more attention because everyone attending is part of the Donzi ownership family and we all love to see a Donzi being brought back to life!

I also want to stress, this is not just for any one model of Donzi boats. The Midwest Donzi Club opens it's arms to any Donzi model or other performance boat caring to join us the weekend of our gathering. We don't own the lake, we're just there all together for 4 days.

There will not be a presentation by anyone unless someone wants to make a presentation. If Michael Aronow were to show up, it would be solely because he and his family wish to attend a vacation that also includes Donzi boats. I would be honored, and I know that there would be room in any one of the boats attending. This applies to anyone else coming with-out a boat. Who knows, you may ride in a Donzi you have always wanted to, but just never had the opportunity to ride in. It has happened to me at past Donzi gatherings.

In the past, I have also tried to compete with other gatherings and tried to offer what they had offered. This year, I'm planning 1 group meal together. That's not to say that everyone can not eat together while at AOTH, but that the club is planning to pay for 1 meal for everyone to enjoy. I like to do this Saturday night before some folks leave on Sunday. (Not Mother's Day this year.) The meal may only be a simple barbeque cooked by us in attendance. Last year the cost of a hot Dog or burger left a lot to be desired! After you all spend the kind of money you're spending to travel to this gathering, I hopefully can at least feed you 1 night.

We will hold our club auction after this meal as many seemed to enjoy and buy the many donated items that were part of last years auction. I plan to continue last year's process and donate half of the proceeds from the auction to the Harbormaster and Donzi.net. With-out this website, there would be no Midwest Donzi Club and all the information available to boaters all around the world. Just about everything we have ever asked for, as been supplied to us here at this website. Scot VanAlstine does a spectacular job with this site!

In closing, if you would like to visit a beautiful lake and location for a vacation that will also include the use of your boat, make your reservations and join us in Kentucky. Plans at this time are to bring my wife and 6 year old daughter with me. I look forward to meeting all in attendance. I especially look forward to the sound of all our boats starting and heading out of the marina to run on the lake. It truly is a fantastic site to see as last year over 60 plus Donzi boats left the marina on a cruise to another marina for lunch. The people attending are wonderful and because of these gatherings, many will be life-long friends with other attendees. For more information, use the link to the Midwest Donzi Club below my signature name or use my listed e-mail address on this site. Hope to see you soon!

HyperDonzi
01-05-2003, 01:04 PM
I will be there no matter what (or so I hope) Can have a full excused 1 day absense that dosent count, that will be used on friday, thursday, I might skip also and go down early or leave directly from school. Now, the hard part, I have to talk my parents into letting me go or talk one of them into going with me.

Tommy

Digger
01-05-2003, 06:55 PM
well said Scott!!

I would add from the cheap seats, at the risk of sounding repetitive from a thread last year at about this time, that there will be some people riding the fence a bit...thinking "yeah it would probably be pretty cool but I've never actually met any of these people... why would I travel all that way to see a bunch of people I dont even know?" that thought ran through my head too, but I had a feeling that it didnt really matter. And I was right. This type of event, to meet with other folks from all over the place who have a shared passion, is a rare opportunity. To miss out on something like this if you dont have to is a bad deal. Some of you wont be able to come because there are lots of other things going on this season, other events and gatherings that are closer to you that you for sure want to make, and there is only so much free time, thats perfectly understandable. But for those of you sitting the fence... reading the posts about how cool these events are, about what a great bunch of people these Donzi folks are, and wondering if you should come or not...put simply this is the type of event that makes your life richer. Do it!! Go! you won't regret it!

p.s. Tommy if you are excused from school will you be missing any spelling classes?

Nick Cambron
01-05-2003, 09:02 PM
I haven't talked to Bandit about it yet, but I'm sure that we will put together another houseboat caravan from the other end of the lake. I'm also pretty sure that I will take mine to the Falls on Saturday, it seemed like everyone had a good time with it last year. We just need to get started a wee bit earlier!!

Note to Self: Stock up on good ol' Kentucky Bourbon, you never know when you'll meet a fly boy with a bunch of really entertaining stories and one hell of taste for Jim Beam and Maker's Mark!!

HyperDonzi
01-07-2003, 05:41 PM
Digger:

p.s. Tommy if you are excused from school will you be missing any spelling classes?I meant to do that wink

Now I gotta find the dictionary and find out how to spell....

Jamesbon
01-12-2003, 08:07 AM
John & Bea,
I plan to drive and trailer the boat form St. Pete. Not sure what day I plan to leave yet, but will do so in order to arrive on time at the beginning of the event.

I have a feeling we'll have a sizeable caravan going up.

goatee
01-18-2003, 11:22 AM
i'd love to go!!!! but i need to know where, when, and how? are there any rooms at any hotels left? since i'm pretty day by day, what are the chances of me getting a room at the last min.? maybe donzi jenn, toonie and i could share a room? 1 queen size ok with you girls?? ; )

ToonaFish
01-18-2003, 01:04 PM
To answer most of your questions...

www.MWDonziClub.com (http://www.MWDonziClub.com)

(be sure to check out the great pic Boldts did for me!)

And I'm pretty sure that Randy Randy isn't sharing or accomodating...

:D

This is going to be soooooo much fun!

Bunches,

Celene "it's like Christmas morning, seeing all the Donzis"

Brad Lyon
01-19-2003, 09:27 PM
I made reservations at the Jamestown Resort today. Kim, our boy’s and I will arrive on Wednesday afternoon and stay until Sunday morning. Last year we rented a two-room cabin, really nice and inexpensive. This year we will be there during "season" and all of the cabins are booked up but they still have rooms available. Rooms are $101.95 per night, at least that is what I was quoted. If you make reservations you will receive a full refund of your deposit if you cancel at least fourteen days prior to your date of arrival. So if you are unsure of your plans you may want to make reservations and cancel at the last minute if needed. The woman I spoke with said there is a big fishing group comming in that same weekend.

Brad

tamburello
01-24-2003, 02:18 PM
I just reserved a room at the Jamestown in for me and my crew. This'll be my first AOTH and I can't wait to see you all in Kentucky this spring.

To the Michigan Donzi posse: I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know the details of any Michigan caravans to Kentucky that are being planned, i'd love to tag along with your caravan.

boldts
01-25-2003, 03:42 PM
Finally made our reservation. I also inquired about the fishing group that would be there. It seems it is an alumni group that meets every year there. I too was charged the $101 rate and when I asked for Frieda, she was not available. My understanding when we decided on the later date was that Jamestown would hold the Spring rate for our group. I'll talk to Frieda Monday or Tuesday about the rate. Since I didn't have access to Frieda, I did not ask about rooms still available or anything else. I'll keep you all informed as I find out more. Not making any excuses, but this is only our third year and it was felt that for everyones safety as far as lake debris, we needed to move the gathering later in the month.

Tam - Last year most of the MI gang joined up with us in Cincy, OH. Jerry Eisele picked a great place with lots of room and even provided some coffee or tea and muffins. We're about 3 to 4 hours from Jamestown in Cincy so the meeting time can be around 10 AM there for an early afternoon arrival in KY.

Bandit
01-27-2003, 11:33 AM
Good move on making it a later date Scott. The lake should be much better, debris and temp.

Like Nick said, we'll be heading out from the other end in the houseboats and plan on staying at the State Dock if the covered slips are available.

Tomahawk
02-04-2003, 10:18 PM
Wouldn't miss it for anything. The Georgia Boys (and gals) will be there in force. Hey Michigan, come on down and we'll fly this lake in formation. Like to see you guys again. :cool:

Sam
02-08-2003, 12:50 PM
Scott, not knowing the full itinerary for AOTH III I thought I would offer the following information. I recieved a mailer for a poker run to be held at Lk Cumberland later this year. In it was an outline of the stops they intend on making. If your interested in looking at it let me know.

Sam :p

boldts
02-08-2003, 07:08 PM
Thank-you Sam. That should be the Lake Cumberland Poker Run held in August or Sept. I believe? I thought I would stay away from the poker run this year on our itinerary. I'm putting the schedule together now. Just waiting on a couple loose ends before announcing it. On Friday how-ever we will be doing a radar run competition on our way to a lunch spot that is further away than Conley Bottom where we went last year. We're looking at Lee's Ford marina for lunch if you have a map from last year. We have picked up sponsorship for a radar run from Reindl Powerboats (http://www.ReindlPowerboats.com) offering a prop lab and a driving lesson in one of their famous Bat Boats. Haven't decided yet how we will determine the winners, whether it will be most speed, or a combination of points awarded for speed, boat age, driver age, etc. Maybe a bonus for a lady driver? It's coming together. I don't want to spill all the surprises just yet though. :D

ITTLFLI
02-11-2003, 08:16 AM
I can't wait!

It seems as if it all is coming together nicely!

The trip to Lees Ford should be a lot of fun!