PDA

View Full Version : Eufaula V - 5th Annual LA Donzi Roundup

Forrest
06-30-2003, 10:42 AM
I figured that I would post an early list of who's signed up so far to attend Eufaula V. Please post it here if you are not listed and think that you will be there.

The Lakepoint Resort State Park has some advantages over the George T. Bagby location, in that it is located at the edge of the historic City of Eufaula, AL, and near Columbus, GA.

We will be planning some events on this beautiful lake such as a cookout, a run up the river toward Columbus, GA, as well as a run south toward the dam with, of course, a stop at the Island. Another possibility for a Sunday night dinner in the event rain is a short trip to Columbus to take over B. Merrell's, since they roll up the sidewalks in Eufaula on Sunday.

The official Eufaula V thread where you can get reservation info is 5th Annual LA (Lower Alabama) Donzi Roundup (http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=000207). Look for Emmo's smiling face.

Tomahawk
Greg K
roadtrip se
BigGrizzly
BUIZILLA
Last Tango
Emmo
Forrest
Bad-Tat
Joe P
Mark Albers
Cracker Jack
Plus others who have booked but haven't posted.

Now, how 'bout all of you guys from last year when we held the event at George T. Bagby?

Nate, Mark, FarmerTex, Toona, everyone???

DavidO, how about the P'cola gang? Are your Donzis running?

First timers are always welcome!

Bad-Tat
06-30-2003, 07:31 PM
Bad-Tat is in!

Bigbroadjumper
07-01-2003, 06:07 AM
I am still working out the details. I hope to have my truck back on the road soon. And a new trailer. With both of those things done, all I have to do is figure out the wife thing.

Tomahawk
07-01-2003, 06:12 AM
"Tom Mann's Fish World" is just down the road from Bagby State Park in Eufaula. That will mean something to those of us into fishing at all.

Forrest
07-17-2003, 10:33 AM
We must have more folks coming to Eufaula V than listed above since of the 15 rooms blocked for us only three are left. What is good about Lakepoint is that they have many more rooms than Bagby State Park, and for that reason, we may be able to get more rooms even after our blocked rooms are all booked. Still, it would a good idea to book your room soon if you think that you may be attending.

Greg K
07-17-2003, 10:53 AM
Ummm... Make that two now..finally made my reservation after this reminder. wink

BUIZILLA
07-17-2003, 11:26 AM
I'm in, room booked.

J

Forrest
07-18-2003, 10:47 AM
Scott, though I've never stayed in the cabins, I really don't think that you can go wrong in either place. From what I can rememeber, it looks like the cabin are about 1000 to 1500 feet to the lodge so it may be a little walk if you need to get ice or to hear a Big Grizzly bedtime story. I don't know. What do the Eufaula II attendees think? Lodge or cabins? Tom? Emmo? Grizz?

Tomahawk
07-18-2003, 08:45 PM
Lodge it dude. That's where the boats will be parked and the center for Donzi bedtime stories. Also close to the Tomahawk beer cooler!
BTW - Joe P. did sign up for one of the lodge rooms last week.
'Toona - ya going with us? Leaving Atlanta Friday morning right after Randy fixes his trailer. :)

Emmo
07-19-2003, 02:05 AM
The cabins are pretty nice, but how are you going to hear a supercharged 427 Ford with open headers eek! being fired up in the parking lot at 1:00 AM?

mikev
07-19-2003, 12:58 PM
i am hope i can make it this year been wanting to go for the last two but work always seems to get in the way. if i do go maybe we can caravan down there from lanier. i know tomahawk and biggrizly are close to me.

Tomahawk
07-19-2003, 09:53 PM
Hey Mike - so are Bad Tat and Joe P. We'll meet along Hwy 400 someplace on Friday morning and head out. Stay in touch and join us if you can. :cool: That goes for anyone else in the Lake Lanier area as well. It's a really nice and fun weekend!

Mark Albers
07-26-2003, 05:23 PM
Seadogs wink

Your Sarasota hook up is looking good to go

Mark 311 :cool:
Sarasota - - - W F O (close to the factory and far from a dream)

Forrest
07-31-2003, 09:37 AM
Though the rooms that Emmo blocked for us have been taken, there are more rooms are still available at Lakepoint. My suggestions is DON'T DELAY, you should book your room now even if you are just thinking about attending Eufaula V. If you find that you can't go, you can always cancel at the last minute, or pass it to someone else.

Everyone who likes Donzis and boating is invited. Donzi not running? Bring your other boat, or bum a ride. There are always extra seats on a number of Donzis. As in the past Eufaula events, the emphasis is on boating. Sure, we'll do our fair share of coveting thy neighbors' engines and outdrives, and there will be plenty of time for running the blender and telling stories, but make no mistake, you will put some hours on your Donzi at Eufaula V!

Again, if events of the past predict the future, then it's going to be a great time to be had by all. There will be Donzis there in lots of different speed ranges. So when you get splashed, don't think that you've got to hang with Big Grizz, roadtrip se, and who knows who else (HP600SC? Donzi Blackhawk?) at 90 MPH! If you can hang, then go for it! We'll have just as much fun running with the pack in the 45 to 70 MPH range.

Also, we'll also do the traditional and soon-to-be-famous Eufaula Donzi Round-up Cookout again utilizing the culinary talents of Atlanta master chief, Tom "Tomahawk" Riggle.

Also, my new batch of tea leaves predicts good weather this year, and remember, Lakepoint State Park has a bar in the lodge. :D So be there! :cool:

olemissalum
07-31-2003, 01:47 PM
We will not be able to come on Friday, but would like some directions in case we drive down from Atlanta on Saturday. Hopefully we can make it

Forrest
07-31-2003, 04:17 PM
From Atlanta take I-85 South to I-185 South to Columbus, GA to US-80 South into Alabama to US 280 South to US-431 South to about five miles before you get to the City of Eufaula, AL. Lakepoint State Park is on you left.

From Florida but not west of Tallahassee take I-10 West to US-27 North (3rd Tallahassee exit) to US-84 West/US-27 North through Bainbridge, GA, US-27 North to Blakely, GA (Home of the world's famous Blakely Chicken) to GA-39 North past Bagby State Park to Georgetown, GA to US-82 West to Eufaula, AL, to US 431 North to Lakepoint State Park on your Right.

From Panama City, FL, take US-231 North across I-10 to Dothan, AL, to US-431 North through Eufaula, AL, to Lakepoint State park on your Right.

From Mobile, AL take I-65 North to Montgomery, AL, to I-85 North to AL-186 East to US-80 East to the town of Crawford, AL, to AL-169 South to US-431 South to Lakepoint State Park on your Left.

olemissalum
07-31-2003, 05:24 PM
How hard would it be find you guys on the lake on Saturday?? Big lake or small lake?? Thanks

Forrest
08-01-2003, 09:32 AM
It's a fairly big lake, but I will post an itenarary in the next few weeks. From it, you should know about where everyone will be at any given time. We'll also have cell phones and VHS radios powered up as well. So don't fear, you will find your Donzi brothers at Eufaula V!

Here are some sat photos of the Lakepoint State Park
http://www.donzi.net/photos/ACF110C.jpg

http://www.donzi.net/photos/ACF1116.jpg

http://www.donzi.net/photos/lakepointlodge.jpg