PDA

View Full Version : Texas Roundup at PK

roadtrip se
12-23-2002, 01:02 PM
Many of you are asking me about dates for this gathering for vacation planning purposes.

Here you go 9/27-9/28/2003.

Great info on the Cliffs Resort at:

http://www.thecliffs.com

Hotel rooms with cliff views of the lake.
Condos and camping is also available.

Alternative to the Cliffs are the cabins at Sportsman World about six miles away.

http://www.pkhideawaycabins.com

New cabins in a ranch setting. Nice.

Possum Kingdom is always rated as one of the top three lakes in the state of Texas. Beautiful lake created by the damming of the Brazos River. Forty or so miles of obstruction free water, twenty more if you are brave or looking for bass.

Can't ask for a better place to run a Donzi, so mark your calendars.

More details to follow...

Todd

http://www.donzi.net/photos/tsomerville12.jpg

Darrell
12-23-2002, 03:53 PM
We are so in, missed getting my boat and making it last year by one week.

Darrell & Janet :)

PS Hope to make several trips to PK before then.

oldLenny
12-23-2002, 08:15 PM
:D

farmer tx
12-23-2002, 10:23 PM
Road-t ,
Polly and I are really looking forward to
the Texas Roundup II.
I guess we need to work on the event CD
soon. Or come up with a cool T-shirt.
Later,

harbormaster
12-23-2002, 10:38 PM
I've got an artist who is working on a design.
It would be cool to rent a house in the cliffs development. The cliffs rooms are nice bit pricey at 149.00 a nite. Multiply that times 2 and it kinda hurts the ole pocket book. I am working to see if we can get a better rate.

By the way we have had about six inches of snow fall today. kinda cool when you do not have to put up with it all the time.

Happy Holidays Ya'll

Team Jefe
01-03-2003, 08:11 AM
If I'm in the Country then...The Revenge is In

krakmeup
02-14-2003, 09:48 AM
We're going to start making arrangements to be there also, 'new' Donzi and all........

Keith & Ruth Ann

roadtrip se
03-26-2003, 04:02 PM
ttt

krakmeup
03-26-2003, 06:00 PM
So what's the boat count for this event in the past? How many are expected this year? Checking my calendar, right now count us in!

harbormaster
03-27-2003, 04:31 AM
I called a realtor yesterday and they are checking on renting some houses on the lake or near the Cliffs for that weekend. They will call me back today or tomorrow

JimG
03-27-2003, 06:13 AM
Count us in! :D

Team Jefe
03-27-2003, 09:01 AM
Sent Vicki (aka LeeZa) the video fropm last year. She's ready, we just need to make plans on a place to stay.

She was curious about who was crazy enough to buy that "nasty looking old boat" :D

oldLenny
03-27-2003, 10:07 AM
:D :D :D

Dredgeking
03-27-2003, 10:52 AM
THE LAKE LOOKS AWESOME! the date is bad for us. it's a month after angela has the baby. damn. maybe we can come up early this year. looks like a lot of fun.

Team Jefe
03-31-2003, 05:48 PM
HM any news on the rent houses?

krakmeup
04-01-2003, 10:08 AM
Yeah, HM, we're interested too, and I think JimG also. Any news?

ClassicRazorback
04-01-2003, 02:03 PM
The Emerson's are in!!

roadtrip se
04-01-2003, 03:45 PM
I count 12 confirmed and 1 maybe:

-Todd and Jill Somerville
-Bruce Donze
-Scott Dabbs
-Mark Horne
-Scott Baxter
-Darrell
-Lenny Green
-Scot & Kim VanAlstine
-Jefe
-Keith
-Jim G
-Emersons
-Grizzley(c'mon Randy!)

Who else is coming? A fantastic lake, great smoked barbeque, keg beer, gas-powered blended drinks, and now a potato gun with a range of 450 feet(thanks to Mark Horne), await those who attend the Second Annual Texas Round-Up!

Should be a blast!

Todd

http://www.donzi.net/roundup.html

<small>[ April 12, 2003, 07:36 AM: Message edited by: Harbormaster ]</small>

Darrell
04-08-2003, 06:09 PM
HarborMaster, Did you find out about a group rate
for the Cliffs, We need to make arrangments early, they don't have a lot of rooms and fill up on the weekends.

Darrell

BigGrizzly
04-10-2003, 08:08 PM
Don't count me out yet. I am trying to work something out.

roadtrip se
04-14-2003, 02:52 PM
You can do it Grizzley!

We look forward to having you here!

Todd

DonziGal
04-24-2003, 04:10 PM
Harbormaster or Roadtrip SE:

Thanks for getting the round-up together, Me and Darrell can't wait :) . We would like to help with it in some way, let us know if we can bring anything for the cookout or if I need to let Darrell cook while we all on the lake. :D

Janet

P.S. All the construction work is done and we are
going to the lake Sunday, I'am so ready for summer.

krakmeup
05-11-2003, 07:24 PM
Just keeping the post on the horizon..... Looking forward to the event!

roadtrip se
05-14-2003, 08:24 PM
Yep, that's me, chopped liver.

Todd

"Hiding all sharp objects at the cabin this weekend..."

roadtrip se
06-13-2003, 11:27 PM
Sorry everybody, but we got our transfer papers today and we are moving to Detroit. So, we have to put the cabin up for sale soon and I can't be sure we'll have it for the Roundup.

Bummed, but relieved. Those of you who know me know that I travel all the time for business. This gets very old fast, especially today. I am looking forward to being home at night and having more time to terrorize the Michigan Donzi crowd.

If someone else wants to pick these dates up and try another venue for a Texas gathering, I think that would be great!

Sorry again and thanks for the understanding!

Todd

Darrell
06-14-2003, 09:30 AM
Roadtrip:

Hope the transfer allows you more time with the family and your Donzi. Sad to hear about the Round-up, maybe some alternate plans can be made.
I hope you are still are around on the 4th, the family and I will be at the Cliffs for the holiday, and hope to see you.

Darrell and Donzi Gal

harbormaster
06-14-2003, 03:50 PM
We will keep the Donzi Roundup going. Maybe not PK bit some where in th state.

Anyone have anu ideas for another location for the roundup??

Sorry to see you leave Texas Todd.

You will be missed.

JimG
06-14-2003, 10:48 PM
How about beautiful, scenic Galveston Bay! It is, after all, the stomping grounds of the Harbormaster himself! :D

oldLenny
06-15-2003, 12:18 AM
Jim, Galveston Bay is not always "friendly". I suggest we keep it at Possum Kingdom, get a "great rate", honour Todd for his foresight, and his getting all of us there once, and carry on in his tradition.

Todd, you will be missed,..but that memory will live with me forever, those times, the 80+ MPH and an HP500...95 degrees...Godzillapedes...Gator Vehicles, Shiner Bock, ****ty fridge latch, great bar-b-que,...Thank you...Take care...Carry on, you too Jill,...best wishes...

You can't escape me...Same distance, different direction... :D

JimG
06-15-2003, 07:19 AM
Cool! Put it together Lenny, we're there! :)

But if it's truly canceled, we can arrange a get-together in the "friendly" Galveston Bay/Clear Lake area. Lot's of protected water here, Taylor Lake, Clear Creek, Redfish Island...

:D Hmmm, weren't these boats designed for rough water? I do 225-250 hours a year on my boats, so Galveston Bay can't be all THAT bad! :D :D

JimG

Team Jefe
06-16-2003, 07:16 AM
Todd, Sorry to see anyone have to leave teh great state of Texas, but if it is better for you and your family, then Godspeed Amigo..Via Con Dios.

As for the Round-up. I've seen the slide show from last year, and want to be part of the action. I don't really care where it is.

Lenny & Jim both make good arguments.
Clear Lake/Galveston has a lot to do, and we would have a floatila of boats (Mental Floss, Victory as a few). But I get to do that stuff all the time, so maybe a change of pace is in order.

TMANN
06-16-2003, 08:58 AM
I'm also in. If its in Clear Lake/Galveston it would be cool but I will travel also. Does anyone else have any other Ideas? Lets get this together so we can plan.

TMANN

boldts
06-16-2003, 10:32 AM
Let me add .02. I'm failing to see the problem here. Just because 1 Donzi owner leaves the state doesn't mean that a great gathering should come to an end. :) Heck, Lenny lives in Canada and you want him to put it together?

If I remember right, there is a lodge or resort at Possum. If that is full, find a hotel in the area and make reservations! Yes, you might not have a cabin on the lake, but does that change the reason we gather at these places? From the barbecuing I saw being done at AOTH III by the TX gang, you all have the resources. Just put them together and trailer in to a beautiful site. It's about good friends having fun together and sharing our Donzi boats.

Things change daily. Roadblocks pop up all the time. My past weekend is a good example. Lots of rain, tow vehicles stuck in the dry or mud pits, river rose over 4' over night. All of this didn't stop the races from happening, it just changed a few ways we had to run them. Be flexable folks.

I sure hope if I had to leave, that AOTH would continue. :) I'd be one of the first who would want to travel back to the gathering. I think it would because it's not just me, it's everyone who attends these great gatherings that make them happen. Along with some really great friends who offer their help, I just get to be the front person.

JimG
06-16-2003, 11:59 AM
:) Was there a problem? Todd cancelled the PK get-together, Harbormaster asked for suggestions for a new venue, suggestions were made...
:confused:

We're up for almost anything! Just let us know where to be, or if we can help in any way to set something up. :D

boldts
06-16-2003, 12:49 PM
Sorry Jim, maybe the wrong wording used :) I didn't mean to offend anyone if it came out that way.

Do you all have a Donzi dealer in the state? Most of the time they are located near some body of water. Give them a call and see if they are interested in getting a gathering together.

I'll vent a little about some Donzi dealers though. Here you have Donzi owners putting a gathering together in their area. The dealers should jump on this like flies on cow dodo! It's free advertising and who do they think will want to maybe one day upgrade to a larger Donzi or is telling their friends what a fantastic boat a Donzi is? Usually it's us folks who own them! I was asked several times last weekend if I was interested in selling mine! I used the opportunity to give the folks the Registry website address.

Anyway, back to the topic. What's the saying? Build it and they will come? Someone just needs to pick-up the ball and run with it. :) Good-luck you all. I know if dollars allowed, I'd be interested in seeing TX again. My wife has family there.

krakmeup
06-16-2003, 02:52 PM
I would really like to see PK, and hope this trip can be coordinated. Being 400 miles away it is tough for me to lead this, so I'm hoping someone in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area will step forward. I doubt we'll see any dealer support, but it would always be welcome. We just got a Donzi dealer in the Clear Lake area, and they seem to have just gotten active - I think they might have one Z series. Apparently they are located behind the Classic Cafe on Nasa Road One; I will try to contact them to see what's up in this area, but that still won't help for the PK area.

Anyone gonna step up??

Darrell
06-16-2003, 06:54 PM
Let's keep it at PK, We can still stay at the Cliffs or some other place. I'am going down there on the 4th, I would be happy to look for some other locations if everyone wanted me to.

Darrell

roadtrip se
06-16-2003, 10:37 PM
Everybody,

Sorry for stirring up a hornet's nest here.
I just didn't think it was the right thing to go forward as the host of this gathering, when I'm not sure I will even be able to make it!

PK is a gorgeous place. There are plenty of places to stay at the Cliffs and in the surrounding area. People could converge on the area and be assured that everything would meet expectations.

Somebody just needs to step up as the lead organizer for this event and make it happen.

I apologize for having to do this, but I've got my marching orders.

Time to step up,

Todd

krakmeup
06-17-2003, 10:20 PM
Thanks Darrel for stepping up! If you want to serve as coordinator, I'm all for it! I recommend a new posting, since this one is labeled "PK CANCELLED" and it got everyone stirred, as Todd noted.

Personally, I will hopefully make a trip to PK sometime this year irrespective of it being an event or not, but it would be great to meet those with the same interest! As JimG and others noted, we'll be glad to host an event in the Clear Lake area anytime a fellow boater heads our way.

Hotspare
06-19-2003, 12:02 AM
Let's keep this thing together !!!!!!!!!! Texas is a BIG STATE (I KNOW) with some 400 miles between Cities, but I think PK is the right place for this .... It's a true RESORT that get's you away from it all .... I know thing's will be different without TODD & JILL, but their spirit lives on ... They started something here and we have the opportunity to keep it going in Texas Style ...... :D I know these gatherings are for us, the owners of this breed of boat, but I will also be talking with our local dealer about any possible participation ....... Just last week I was sitting in the cockpit of their 38ZR and wondering how cool it would be to see it run .... I know they've been known to take it out a time or two ........LOL.. Anyway, if there's anything I can do to assist anyone interested in attending, let me know ....... I live in the area and will be glad to help a fello member :) Later on Cowboy, Bruce.

DonCig
09-18-2003, 10:07 PM
7 days and counting to PK, I would like to make a proposal that Fri. night a toast be set aside for a moment of time to wish Darrels mom a safe journey to where the sun always shines. "Summer sunshine --- Summer Sunshine." The two best words in the english language. Please give credit of publishing the above quote to a memeber of the Donzi Registry other than I.

Don

farmer tx
09-18-2003, 11:47 PM
Don,
Good idea! PJ and I will be there before noon on Fri. For the evening meal on Sat. the folks at Bass Hollow said they had a large grill we could use so everyone bring something for Sat.and we will fire up the grill and see what kind of damage we can do.
I've got some fajita meat and trimmings that should get us started.
I also know where there is some Mesquite,Hickory, and Pecan wood on the other side of the lake. wink
See ya there,
Mark

Darrell
09-19-2003, 01:35 PM
Mark:

I told Scot that we would bring some Okie version of the Texas toothpicks and that I would bring a bunch of corn, bell peppers and onions to grill also. :)

Don:
Thanks for the nice suggestion, I think I'll have to have your steak cut about a 1/2 thicker than I had plan. wink

Darrell

DonCig
09-19-2003, 08:41 PM
Darrell, I took Mark to lunch recently when I was in Texas picking up my boat. He looked a little emancipated( sorry - emaciated). Please give him my extra 1/2" of steak. It might allow me to have an extra 1-2 mph over his 22 footer.

Don

p.s. I would like the realy tender rib eye.

farmer tx
09-20-2003, 01:58 AM
Yo bro,I was born FREE in Texas. Now if you ment emaciated I never pass up a meal. :D

Bring on the cow,
Mark

Shark in the Pond
09-20-2003, 12:02 PM
farmer tx:
Yo bro,I was born FREE in Texas. Now if you ment emaciated I never pass up a meal. :D

Bring on the cow,
Mark Mark ...where you at ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????

Kevin