PDA

View Full Version : The Sound Of Thunder Make Reservations Early

Shanghied Again
11-17-2002, 09:29 AM
The Boarwalk Resort has boxed off 20 rooms They need early reservations due to that weekend is Roaring 20s weekend, Alexandria Bay likes the idea of the Donzi get together the same weekend and will do everything to promote, they feel with the Antique boat show the donzis will be a perfect match, There are 5 couples already committed, I talked to Nick Miller at Donzi and he will be adding this to Donzi Events. I will keep everyone posted on any changes. To register call Boarwalk Resorts at 1-315-482-9371 and talk to Frank. Tell them you are with the N/E Donzi club.
http://www.donzi.net/photos/FCivitano07.jpg

http://www.alexbay.org/
http://northeastdonziclub.homestead.com/index.html
www.boardwalkresorts.com (http://www.boardwalkresorts.com)

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-17-2002, 05:47 PM
Frank we are in 10-14 July.
Reservations confirmed..
Bryan

Dr. Dan
11-19-2002, 10:00 AM
:D Confirmed from Thursday Thru Monday! :p

Scott Pearson
11-20-2002, 06:03 AM
Frank,
Looks like we wont be going unless this guy calls us back. 2 messages to him and no return call!

Can you give us another contact that will call us back?

Thanks

(NJ)Scott

Dr. Dan
11-20-2002, 06:58 AM
wink Scott....Its this guys cell phone no....all calls are forwarded to it, the Resort is closed in the "Off Season"....I reached him around 9:30am to 11:00am, and he answered right away! He called us back when he got to his office and took the Credit info. to reserve the room... :D Just keep trying, you'll get him! Good Luck...Doc

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-20-2002, 01:22 PM
He called me back two days later, but he did call, he certainly wants the business.

Hope to see everyone there.
Bryan

boxy
11-20-2002, 02:13 PM
NJScott FYI Alex Bay is a northern tourist town in the truest sense. Not only do they stop charging for street parking after Labor Day, they actually remove the parking meters from the posts. :D :D
Ghost town doesn't begin to describe it off season.
The owner maybe out for a couple of days, I got lucky and caught him in the office.
Keep trying, I need to see the Great Pumpkin in the St. Lawrence.

olredalert
11-20-2002, 09:30 PM
------------I put Jan to work and she got thru to the Boardwalk guy almost immediatly.So we are in!!!!!!!Would like to stay longer than just the weekend.At least a couple of days would be cool........ol red!........Bill S

boldts
11-22-2002, 09:38 AM
Frank, We're there. Still trying to make reservations though. Arrive July 10th, Leave July 14th. After trying the cell number and not being forwarded to an answering machine, sent an e-mail note to address listed on web site. I just can't put my job on hold for 4 hours trying the phone numbers. Not your fault, just venting because it's Friday and I'd rather be in Key West. We'll be there rain or shine!

Bill - What day you leaving? Roadtrip and I should be heading North on the 10th. Maybe we can meet you up there somewhere to continue the trek Northeast. Ploting Mapquest route out of Columbus,OH.

olredalert
11-22-2002, 12:59 PM
Scott,

------Im going to look really close at going all the way over thru Canada.For me it saves a tremendous amount of time.For you it might be just the opposite.Ive done the exact same trip once without a boat and it was great.Just want to make sure there arent any loopholes running the boat over the border that I may not be aware of.
------I think,from what Ive heard,that I want a depth finder installed in time for this meet.Since I want one anyway Id better start looking!.........ol red!.......Bill S

boldts
11-22-2002, 01:17 PM
Sounds good Bill. Hope the Canada trip works for you. Now that I think about it, makes sense! I had the puck for my through hull depth gauge installed when the 22 was winterized. I just need to get the guts to cut the dash and plug everything in. I'll probably wait until spring to test though since the last thing you need at Cumberland is a depth gauge. Probably why the former owner of my Donzi didn't install one. May look at purchasing a newer GPS with map input screen. SpeedVision did a show on boating in the 1000 Islands area and they were glued to that GPS map. I think Frank and Boxy will keep everyone informed where and where not to go. :)

KMLFAMILY
11-22-2002, 03:51 PM
I made our resv.today. Arriving 7/9,departing 7/13 .Look forward to meeting some of you and exploring new area.I caught up with owner around 2pm.

Crazy Horse
11-22-2002, 09:55 PM
We are confirmed and looking forward to the fun. Thank you to all who have organized this event. Now, I'll work on the Winni Bandits to make the trip.
John & Trish & Jared (7 yrs.)

roadtrip se
11-27-2002, 11:53 AM
Frank you have email!

Jill and I are in, just let us know when we can get a hold of someone to make a reservation.

ScottB, I will be looking for a place to pass out on the evenings of 7/9 and 7/14 if possible. Probably just me, cause Jill thinks I'm nuts for attempting this pull.

Todd

boxy
11-27-2002, 11:57 AM
Todd, have Jill fly into Syracuse NY, the airport is only a few miles off of the interstate and about 100 miles from A-bay. :D

boxy
11-27-2002, 12:32 PM
MP most of the summer we don't have to buy ice, we just hang the beer over the side in a mesh dive bag. :D :D
Just kidding, in the main channel the river will be somewhere around 70 degrees, and we will probably visit a couple of shallower bays to hang out and swim, where it will be an almost balmy 74 degrees +. Sort of like the Atlantic in early January.

Digger
11-27-2002, 12:42 PM
I'm in. :D

lo and behold I finally got a call back from Frank... reservations made!

roadtrip se
01-20-2003, 12:21 PM
Reservation made with Frank.

Check-in 7/10, check-out 7/14.

Pitstops at Boldts on 7/9 and 7/14.

All done!

Todd

Air 22
01-21-2003, 05:09 PM
Left a message and an e-mail w/ Frank so hope were in for 10 ,11, 12, 13, 14 :p smileybo

FASTEDDIE
01-21-2003, 06:12 PM
Sent email to Frank Civitano arriving Wednesday evening July 9th. Need room for 9,10,11 &12. Departing Sunday , July 13th PM. Need a Kingsize bed and dock, Frank. Sounds like a great meet. Augusta and I will bring the #10 Blackhawk. See you all their. :D

boxy
01-22-2003, 08:35 AM
Since I've already put the call in for beautiful weather, I thought we'd better make some arrangements for a boat wash. I spoke to Barry McLaughlin today, and he is bringing his 18 2+3 wash-o-matic. :D
http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/awards/bmclaughlinrooster.jpg

ToonaFish
01-23-2003, 10:27 AM
Ah, the boat that became my wallpaper that became my obsession... now I know who to blame. Barry McLaughlin, you are guilty of enticement.

Bunches,

Celene 'not leaving on a jet plane'

Murphy
01-25-2003, 10:13 AM
Got ahold of Frank today and made reservations. Quite a haul from Illinois, but worth every mile.

Thanks again Frank C. & Boxy for everything you've done.

Murphy
86' Classic 22

boxy
04-21-2003, 09:36 PM
I was on the water yesterday in the Islands, things are warming up, and the St. Lawrence is waiting for you...
...from my folks deck looking south
http://www.donzi.net/photos/sboxma-smugcove1.jpg
... Canadian channel just west of the 1000 Islands bridge
http://www.donzi.net/photos/sboxma-smugcove2.jpg

olredalert
04-28-2003, 07:43 PM
-------Jan and I couldnt be looking forward to a meet any more than we are for this one.Its so beautiful up there Id love to stay for the summer...........Bill S......ol red!

boxy
04-29-2003, 07:38 AM
Ol'Red, I'm sure you and my Dad could arrange some space on the dock for the summer.. :D :D

donzi3
04-29-2003, 02:23 PM
Boxy..........where is this place....I have to get up there....Looks like Heaven on earth

boxy
04-30-2003, 11:48 AM
That picture was taken from my Dad's dock, looking south. The tower you can see in the background is at the Canadian/USA border, at the start/termination of Interstate 81. Within an hour of the water you can see, I can show you narrow rock walled channels covered with ancient hieroglyphics, then chace some of the biggest container ships in the world, and end up playing in the middle of Lake Ontario.

donzi3
04-30-2003, 12:44 PM
Say Boxy.......hows the hunt going?

Ranman
05-08-2003, 10:04 AM
...and the mnoment you've all been waiting for...

I'm pleased to announce that Ranman and Donzi Jenn have confirmed a room reservation and dock space at the Boardwalk resort for July 10-14. Were coming to Alexandria Bay!!!

boxy
05-11-2003, 09:59 PM
That's great. I think a little pre-wedding celebration, Donzi-style, will be in order.
Boxy, packing a gallon of Volvo white paint, and ducking and running..... :D

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-14-2003, 02:59 PM
Called A Bay today (BoardWalk) just to double check the reservations on the house I made last Nov, spoke to Beth and all was in order.... We plan to arrive a.m. or lunch time the 10th.

Kids will already be in Ohio, so 600 miles to Ohio and another 615 to A-bay plus 608 home (1800 miles of fun! LOL)....
Time to double check everything on the trailer/extra parts.

Bryan & Nancy - Kids too, (Jessica 14 and Joey 9).

PS, no luck on their website! ???

Extreme Measures
05-16-2003, 08:41 PM
Great news for the 1000 Islands get together. :cool: I found out today that the Busker Rendezvoux will be held on the same day that we are in Kingston for lunch (July 12). :) :cool: The Busker put on a great show we will try to fit a couple acts in our lunch stop.Every day is one day closer to the rally and it just keeps gettin better. biggrin.

Your Friends In Boating

:cool: Extreme Measures :cool: :)

FASTEDDIE
05-17-2003, 07:50 AM
Boxy and Extreme Measure,
We hear that the Great Lakes are down from 12 to 16 inches. How ,if any ,will that effect the water level at A Bay?

MOP
05-17-2003, 02:58 PM
I was told by my Buddy up there that to a point the locks down river controll the depth in the St Lawrence for the ships to have safe passage. I am sure Boxy or EM can clarify this.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-18-2003, 08:16 AM
Boxy and Extreme Measure
We continue to get ready for our trip North.
We visited AAA this past week.
Can you post some local directions to the Boardwalk and ramp? Or will it be an easy find?
Does the Boardwalk where we will stay have a ramp?
Thanks
Bryan

Extreme Measures
05-19-2003, 08:06 PM
Fasteddie Mop is correct with the locks controling the water levels.Ann and I were out for a run this weekend it was great there will be no problems with Alex. Bay . Just stay in the marked channels and no problem the channels are marked very well Frank will be out front with Boxy and I will be at the back to make sure everything is ok.Bryan Im not sure if the Boardwalk has a ramp or not but I will find out for you.I will also try to get a map if I can to try to help everyone out.

Your Friends In Boating

:cool: Extreme Measures :cool:

boxy
05-19-2003, 08:07 PM
Bryan, anything smaller than your boat will be able to launch right at the hotel, the bigger guys (you, Digger, FrankC) will probably want to launch at the State Park just before ABay, I believe it is called Keewaden, but I will confirm it this week.
The water level is not as high as it normally is for this time of year, but it is still within normal navigational levels. Don't worry the granite up here isn't that hard. :D

Extreme Measures
05-19-2003, 08:13 PM
Bryan Boxy is exactly right it is Keewadden State Park and they have lots of parking.Cant wait to see you all in the Bay.

Your Friends In Boating

:D Extreme Measures :)

olredalert
05-20-2003, 10:29 AM
------Am curious if my 24 El Pescador is termed a big boat?Which ramp do I need to use,guys?.............Bill S

boxy
05-20-2003, 10:39 AM
I just spoke to someone at the hotel, and she said that the ramp will handle boats up to at least 30 feet. So everyone should be fine at the hotel, and I'm sure we can grease Digger's 33 into place, even if it means un-hooking his F350 and splashing it with their garden tractor eek!

olredalert
05-20-2003, 12:12 PM
------Thanks Boxy!I have just been on the phone with my bud from Il. Bob Sindelar.He is coming over with his 22.There is some question as to weather he will have a slip due to a mis-cue at the boardwalk.He and I made our own reservations early on and arent under any other block that I am aware of.Do we know who blocked off 20 rooms(supposedly from Tenn.)?What we are wondering is if all those 20 rooms have been given a slip,and if they,infact,are all bringing a boat?Or just need to know that there will be a slip for his boat.Apparently,Im OK in the slip and room dept.Only Bob has this small hitch.Hope we can figure it out.And,by the way,Thanks for all your efforts and input.Its going to be a great time.Cant wait!!!!!!!........Bill S

Hotboat
05-20-2003, 04:05 PM
Hey guys, I guess I am the person from TN that you are refering to. I did not block 20 rooms off.
When I called, I told the lady that answered the phone that the Donzi club had a group of 20 rooms blocked off and I asked if any were still available. (Refer back to the original post by Frank) She did not know what I was talking about. I went ahead and made reservations anyway. I purchased airline tickets today into Syracuse and reserved a rental car for the rest of the trip. Donna and I would certainly appreciate if someone will give us a boat ride. Some of you guys we have not met, some are folks that we met at the first get together in Orlando. Since I spent a 1 1/2 year without a Donzi there are a lot of new people on the site. Can't wait for this show to happen. Great place to go. We were there for the Antique boat show about 4 years ago. It will be going on the same weekend as the Donzi meet. :rolleyes:

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-22-2003, 04:26 PM
BOXY, that is great news, I would have likely launched there anyway. Thanks..

I just reread this thread and counted 18 boats.
Should be a nice crowd.

Boxy and Extreme, are beverages plentiful there, store at the marina with stuff we may need?

Bryan

Extreme Measures
05-22-2003, 09:37 PM
Bryan It will be just a nice walk to the stores,the liquor store is just beside the town docks. Cant wait for the 1000 Islands.

eek! Your Friends In Boating eek!

:cool: Extreme Measures :cool:

Murphy
05-26-2003, 08:39 PM
Make that 19 boats. Mr. & Mrs. Murphy, Daughters Danielle 12 Lindsey 10, and our 86' Classic 22 have reservations. One of our girls was conceived in the library on Grennell Island... or was it the boathouse... anyway, can't wait to be a River Rat once again.

Murph

Shanghied Again
05-27-2003, 08:03 PM
We now have the hotel, talked to Frank at the boardwalk and he will give us more rooms. Also docking will not be a problem, the hotel next door has boat slips in full view of our hotel and a close walk, I will leave my boat there. I will be making up name tags, Please E-mail me a pic of your boat, name and town your from. E-Mail me at yposdonzi@comcast.net

olredalert
05-28-2003, 09:49 AM
Frank,

------I am so computer illiterate I cant get you a pic.Could you take one of the ones on the "great day on Lake St.Clair" thread?
------Bill Stephenson,,,Jan Stephenson.........Bill S......ol red!

Shanghied Again
05-28-2003, 12:55 PM
Bill, I can do that biggrin.

Extreme Measures
05-29-2003, 07:21 AM
Frank. I'm sure that you know that Ann and I will be at the Boardwalk for the Fantastic Donzi Alexandria Bay Rally. :) If you need me to e-mail you just let me know,you already have a picture of our boat it on your front page of the N.J. powerboatclub webpage. Looking forward to the rally and meeting all our Donzi friends. :cool:

Your Friends In Boating wink

biggrin. Extreme Measures biggrin.

olredalert
06-03-2003, 09:32 AM
Rootsy,

-------We are leaving on Wednesday for the billion islands,and would love the company.Im not sure if the birthday-boy (Randy) will get away that soon or not,but am hoping he and Jenn can.Anyone else,for that matter,is welcome.Theres strength in numbers so they say.
-------The next part of this post should revolve around which way to go,thru Canada or USA way.Canada has to be a lot shorter for us here in MI.I have gone that way.Its scenic,and the only hinderance of any kind is Toronto,and its not bad.Unless we declare war against them between now and then Im going thru the great white north.I just hope none of the white is still around by that time!Get back to us and we will hash it out.............Bill S

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-12-2003, 08:49 PM
Boxy/Extreme
So if you guys know the site, tell us more about the house we rented.
Just curious? Ok, very curious, I hate 1st time adventures.

The family is ready for the trip... long haul but will be worth it to see my Donzi friends.
We now may depart NY the afternoon of the 13th vice 14th if we get good weather 10, 11, 12...
Although Nancy's plan is to depart a.m. 14th to be home for the 16th.
I tried to catch her at a weak moment and got the look! :rolleyes:

Jamie, did you get confirmed?

Bryan

Extreme Measures
06-12-2003, 09:20 PM
Brian I have not had the pleasure of seeing your house you rented as of yet. :rolleyes: I will try to get over there as soon as I can and let you know. :D :)

Your Friends In Boating

Extreme Measures

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-13-2003, 04:55 AM
Extreme, thanks, I was just curious, like I said I hate 1st time adventures. Our last lodge/cabin we rented in NY was terrible.

See ya soon guys.
Bryan

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-17-2003, 06:50 PM
Phase one of our summer vacation starts Thursday. So we are checking temps all over.

A-Bay vacation planner says July is 80 by day and 55 by night, average.
Does that sound about right?
Bryan

boxy
06-17-2003, 08:46 PM
Throw in wall to wall sunshine, and that sounds about right....

boxy
06-30-2003, 07:39 AM
Just a couple of last minute things, The Islander Inn which is the first bar you come to as you walk into town, (about 75 wobbly steps from the hotel), and home of the World Famous Power Hour, free drinks 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm every night, will be our home bar. There will be passes available Thursday night for whomever makes it up then, and I'll pick the rest of them up Friday afternoon.
The other note of importance is for the MadDog, the water temperature was 52 degrees a couple of weeks ago, but after last week, where the average temperature was 86 degrees, and we had a high of 94 degrees, the water should be warming up nicely. :D
See ya soon

mphatc
06-30-2003, 08:53 PM
Linda and I are bringing our 12 yr old daugter Kenzie along, noticed that Murphy is bringing his daughters, anyone else?

We plan on leaving Wednesday eve from NH , and splitting the drive into 2 days . . would certaily like to join folks in the bar . . but would like to bring my own Donzi-Girl Linda :D along . . any opportunities for the children in the eves? I certainly don't feel comfortable leaving my daugter alone in a hotel room!

Mr & Mrs. Murphy if you read this . . . share your thoughts!

Mario L.
69 Corsican

MOP
06-30-2003, 09:24 PM
I just sent mail to my buddy up there to see if he could check on good supervised places that for kids while the Big Kids Play! Hopefully he can find something, I remember some of the hotels had kid programs not sure how good or what they covered.

MOP
06-30-2003, 10:07 PM
Been There Done That!

The water is still invigorating in August! The back bays are the place to swim water gets up good enough for the FLA boys and No Gators! Although fishing is way past fantastic. You can see bottom 40 foot or more down when its flat which is usually every evening

Bryan I have been all over heck on the US side and a few places on the Canadian side both are a bit of a step back in time but very enjoyable and clean, but most of all really Nice people on Both sides! I would take side bet that quite a few members come back for family stuff, for most it has a magic about it that keeps calling you back. Grab a local map and a chart of the river do some exploring you will never regret it. We have EM, BOXY and not sure who else from the North side and I have a Liz and Larry my Buds up there on the South side, I am sure there will be some good times and sights.

Mustang Susie
07-01-2003, 11:50 AM
Mario,
The Winni bandits are caravaning up together, but we're not leaving till early Friday morning.
Ponyboy and I will have the kids in tow. Lil' Filly of course is older and will be joining us in the night time activities, but Korey is 15, so we'll have to find something to keep the junior members occupied.
See you there!! :D

Mustang

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
07-01-2003, 09:05 PM
Yep, the days are closing in, 1st stop NC, 2nd Ohio, 3rd 1000 Islands.

We have Jess and Joey along too, Jess 14 and Joey 9. Boardwalk promised the TV would be PS2 compatable! Pool is heated, right?
See everyone soon.
Bryan

FRANK, do you have an agenda of trips and places we can all go layed out? Just curious so we can research places and tell the kids.

MOP
07-07-2003, 09:50 PM
Damn finally I think i got everything straight! New tires, bearings, springs, cover,1/2 assed wash & wax job. All came together in the last three days. This 60+ Ole fart is beat but finally ready. Leaving weds evening should hit A Bay mid day thursday.

Shanghied Again
07-08-2003, 08:27 AM
Just got the call from Donzi, They say there sending stuff up for our get together :D Jim Casscaden said he may be there from Donzi.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
07-09-2003, 06:33 AM
Ouch... MPooodle you are ruthless! wink

Bryan

Greg K
07-09-2003, 04:22 PM
I just got off the phone...and I think you'll be surprised at who also will be showing up at A-Bay.