PDA

View Full Version : PNW Spring Event?

Formula Jr
11-11-2002, 04:35 AM
With the cold rain pelting down, I need some spring destination to dream about. Any thoughts guys? Would love to run Lake Chelan sometime. wink

EricG
11-11-2002, 02:13 PM
Now you're talking! I think we should plan a little run east of the mountains. Although I hope you are planning on running the GT - since I don't think the Jr. would make it half-way up with its limited range wink There's a gas dock at 25 mile creek, then nothing (and I mean nothing) until Stehieken...which is about 30 miles up. It's the most increadible 30 miles you have ever seen! And you talk about "natural water"....it's perfect.

I just checked into reservations at the Lake Chelan State Park in the first part of June. It looks like they are still fairly open, But that place fills up very fast. Let's pick some dates and get things booked.

I think June is better weather wise, and you can actually reserve sites in June. The sites in May are first come first served, but that's a heck of a pull to gamble on a spot, especially a busy place like that. Our schedule is open....

Who else is interested?

EG

Blewbyu
11-24-2002, 07:48 PM
There is a neat State Park at Entiat, just a few miles south of Chelan.Generally a bunch less crowded,and right on the Columbia.Could camp there,leave your site to drive up to Chelan and run the Lake, then back to Entiat at the end of the day.Usually flat water at Entiat-good for late day skiing,but the water is COOOOLD!!!!!Great ramp at Entiat too.Just a thought for a backup if Chelan full.I'd sure be up for it if I have the days off......
Almost all the boaters there have yuppie ski boats towed by matching color Escalades and Suburbans,all kind racks and speakers and rollbars,and glitzy wetsuits and the latest and most $$$$$$ gear, and hardly any of them can ski!!!!!Donzis totally confuse the hell out of them......until ya light off and tap the loud button once.THEN they get the picture and back off the "funny lookin' boat" comments.
I understand the PWC crowd has been increasing substantially there the last few years....haven't been there to see the effects tho.Avoid weeks when college is out. :cool:

oldLenny
11-24-2002, 09:21 PM
...and then there is always me...I'm interested. That is just a few hundred miles away. That is corner store stuff!

Formula Jr
11-29-2002, 07:26 PM
Jeff, you mean Daroga State Park? (http://www.parks.wa.gov/parkpage.asp?selectedpark=Daroga&pageno=1)

Blewbyu
11-30-2002, 07:32 PM
Owen-I believe it is Entiat State Park (but could be a county park).It's on the West side of the Columbia where the Entiat river runs in,just about 37 miles south of Chelan on ALT 97.Appears on the map to be almost across the river from Daroga.Haven't been back there since the Entiat Fire.The Entiat parallels Chelan.Daroga looks pretty tho, and only 3 miles further South than Entiat.

Formula Jr
11-30-2002, 07:53 PM
Here's the link to Lake Chelan State Park. (http://www.parks.wa.gov/parkpage.asp?selectedpark=Lake%20Chelan&pageno=1)

Yes, the one you are talking about appears to be county and is directly across from Daroga. Might be too far from Chelan though. But they are both good backups. Last time I was in that area the Columbia was way down and didn't look to navigatable.

Has anyone camped at 25 Mile Creek Park? (http://www.parks.wa.gov/parkpage.asp?selectedpark=Twenty%2DFive%20Mile%20C reek&pageno=1)

Blewbyu
11-30-2002, 08:05 PM
Woops!Just called my son, and he said it's a PRIVATE park.That's probably why I couldn't find it on the net.About 5-6 acres (vs Darogas big acreage).Great launch ramp.Easy shot to Crescent Bar (about 25-30 min).Like you say- a ways from Chelan, but a good fallback.

Blewbyu
11-30-2002, 08:07 PM
Who is this Melissa woman? Hope she ain't Billy Bob's girl? Does Henry know her??????

Formula Jr
11-30-2002, 08:12 PM
She is the head spokes person for the UN inspection team in Iraq.....and a damn fine looking woman. wink

Blewbyu
11-30-2002, 10:39 PM
You actually have very good taste!Damn fine looking indeed.Mebbe you should buzz over to Baghdad for th' weekend.........

Formula Jr
12-01-2002, 01:10 AM
Ah.. I'll wait a month. Then, I won't need a visa. wink

EricG
12-01-2002, 12:40 PM
25 mile creek is a pretty good option. I've been there several times (although I've never camped there). The only downfall is that it's a long ways from everything....it's almost at the end of the road on the west side of the lake. If we wanted to run into town - it's a long 25 mile run...but then again - it's only 30 miles from Steheiken...so it's a good central location. Definitely a good location for exporing the remote end of the lake!!

I don't know when anyone else was thinking...but I just realized that I'm booked the middle weekend of June (15th), but other than that, we're open. Do we want gamble on the weather and go earlier...or go for later?

EG

Formula Jr
12-01-2002, 04:55 PM
Right now I'd pick 25 Mile Creek as a base. South Lakeshore road connects both of the parks so we'll have options. From what I remember, S. Lakeshore is a nice wide paved road. It also makes for two good day runs with resturants/bars at the end of each. From 25 Mile Creek its only 60 miles round trip to Stehekin. And only 36m. 'round to Chelan. Since we don't need to care 'bout the tides, we can start earily.

Am I reading it right, where it says an annual moorage fee at 25 Mile Creek is $60???

Lets do a roll call on who is in and dates they might not be able to attend.

Eric, did you ever find all the gremlins going on with the Z boat?

So far:

Jeff - x18
Lenny - 18 Lenzi , "The Evil One."
Eric - z21 June 15th.
Owen - F.Jr .

b.guggenmos
01-04-2003, 10:14 PM
Anything on the West side of the mountains? Or how about a definate date for Chelan.

Formula Jr
04-03-2003, 04:10 PM
Hey! I'm still planing on doing this.

25 Mile Creek, Lake Chelan - Don't care if I have to bring the seaswirl. :)

We know Eric can't make the Weekend of the 14th.
So all the rest of you donzi dudes should post here the dates that are out for you. Then we pick a date that works for everyone - Dave?, Lenny?, Jeff? Where is Dave by the way?

EricG
04-03-2003, 06:21 PM
OK - I'm moving the conversation back over here.

25 mile still looks pretty open for early June. Owen, if you want to bring the Jr - I can throw a couple of gas cans in the Z to help get you up to Stehekein.... :D

I hope we can get a record 4 boats for this event :D

EG

Formula Jr
04-03-2003, 09:11 PM
Oky, here's a stab in the dark. June 8th and 9th, Lake Chelan, 25 Mile Park - bring what ya got! :)
Day one we cruise South for lunch. Day two, we cruise North to Stehieken. :)

I'll most likely bring the 'Swirl for Dog control. wink

EricG
04-04-2003, 11:56 AM
I'm in for those days....I'll pull over on Saturday...and probably head out Monday night.

The swirl may be a good choice for that Lake...it can get pretty rough in a hurry when the wind blows up. But then again....I know how much you lust for "Natural Water"....I think you'd be hard pressed to find any better.. eek!

-EG
"I've got plenty of spare window screen ready to install..." wink

Scubado
04-08-2003, 06:54 PM
I'm in on the first weekend of June (the 7th and 8th). I guess that will be the weekend! I'll be there with my 22ZX and I'll get my Dad to bring his 18. I'm looking forward to it! That's four boats so far, any one else you guys can round up? Are there more Northwest Registry folks out there that we don't know about? The Donzi dealer in Seattle seems like a good outfit, Leib Marine I think it is. Do you guys have any contact with him? He may know of some more Donzi folks.

EricG
04-16-2003, 12:43 PM
I've got Spots 22 & 23 at 25 Mile Creek Reserved for Saturday June 7 through Monday night. I'll let Henry decide which spot he wants....

Anybody else who wants to experience Lake Chelan - the most beautiful lake on the planet (Fast Eddie and I debated this a few years ago...and although Lake George is increadible...I haven't changed my mind yet :D ) come on over and join us....

EG

Formula Jr
04-17-2003, 10:15 AM
Got the confirm from Wash State for the 7th thru to the 9th. On space 22. Thank You ERIC! Check is in the mail today. Henry is psyched, as am I. I will be bringing all firewood needed. So you guys don't worry about that. Passed my final electrical yesterday. Yippy!!!!

Formula Jr
04-22-2003, 06:50 PM
Back to the top, and still paging David, M. Where are you dude? Lenny isn't coming. He has girl stuf he's working on. The rest of you west coasters should chime in here so we can make an event. Time to finalize and jump in guys. You all want west coast events, well this is going to be one of them. So, think about it. :D

MXRoadster
04-28-2003, 05:12 PM
Sorry I haven't been keeping up to date on this, but I won't be able to attend on that weekend. I also doubt I will have the Hornet ready by that weekend.
David

Formula Jr
05-06-2003, 07:43 PM
Anyone got an e-mail for KellyO?
Whos bringing what? I'm going to stock up on Labatts (sorry boxy) and Henrys. Will bring pressure wash. Checked out the Jr today. It didn't winter well. Why does this thing rust like it does? I'll see if I can get it up and running, but right now the Swirl is in better shape.
Back on top over the AOTH fotter. :)
541-744-0032 if anyone needs details.
Owen

Blewbyu
05-16-2003, 07:49 PM
Can't make the first weekend in June guys.Let me know how it turns out.Gonna be up in Sitka knocking back Kings and halibut.Should come with enuf to have a fish feed this summer.Have a "Fat Tire" for me......... :confused:

EricG
06-03-2003, 04:59 PM
Well, we're now only 4 days away...I suppose it's time to actually think about this gathering...

The camping gear's all safely still put away in the closet. The truck's unwashed, the Boat hasn't been run in a month - yup, I'm ready wink

I'm taking Friday off to get ready. I'm heading out of here around 9:00 on Saturday AM. Kath is following me, since she can only stay until Sunday Evening. I'll have the standard Camp stove, BBQ, refreshments, and some snacks.

Is everyone else still coming?

Here's (http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USWA0071?x=22&lswe=Chelan%2C+WA&lswa=WeatherLocalUndeclared&whatprefs=&y=12) the forcast :D

EG

Formula Jr
06-04-2003, 04:32 PM
Oky, now all the west coast guys want events. So... Here its an event. Lake Chelan "Will" blow your mind. Its freaken beautiful. The water blue and deep, the mountains in the background, tall and snow covered. Coves with water falls. Wind effect waves. Other lakes are nice... nice, but this is better. We got spots and runs. All you "undecided" have to do is show up and there's a ride. One day, you guys on the east coast will understand what we run here. And then you will wonder why it took you so long to do it. Chelan is one of those places. A place you will always remember. wink Its this weekend. June 8,9 and 10.

Brian Main
06-05-2003, 06:02 PM
Hey Guys,

Sounds like a good run, but I don't think I'll have the boat ready. I'm heading out to shop now to get thrashing on it maybe Sunday.

Are you planning anything on the west side of the mountains later this summer?