PDA

View Full Version : AOTH III Gathering Dates

boldts
11-01-2002, 06:23 PM
Everyone,

Here are the dates for AOTH III 2003 . We will gather on Thursday May 29th through Sunday June 1st .

I picked a date when no other Donzi gatherings were going on and of course, it's not happening on Mother's day weekend next year. The lake will have a couple more weeks to settle from the Spring rains. I will start to now make plans for the gathering to give you an agenda as soon as possible. The Auction this year was a lot of fun and a great way to raise some money for the club and this year, half of the proceeds went to the Harbormaster to help him support this website that we all enjoy. The Midwest Donzi Club donated a thousand dollars to the Donzi Registry and it's growth with all of the attendees help. Begin to collect those little items that can be donated for use at the auction. Doesn't matter what it is. We had help from two great sponsors Sandollar Yacht and RV Sales along with the Prestige Custom Boat Trailer company. Anyone with ideas or interested in helping with the gathering, contact me anytime. I'm always open to ideas! More information will follow as items are firmed up.

Go to Awakening Information (http://www.mwdonziclub.com/awakening.html) for the phone number or a link to the Jamestown Resort to make your reservations. Be sure and tell the person taking your reservation that you are with the Midwest Donzi Club gathering. I also suggest that those folks wanting a dock for your Donzi to reserve a space when you make your room reservation.

Rooms go quickly (Ask Mike Miller) so make your work vacation plans and make your reservations as soon as possible!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again next year. This is a family gathering so if you want to bring the family, by all means please do. Beth and I have a 5 yr. old daughter and are planning to bring her with us. She loves the Donzi and I love her company. After the Memorial Day holiday, the resort will have many options for family activities now open. Check their website for more information. Also, and I know some of you were going to take the opportunity to give me a jab, I promise, no $20 HAMBERGERS.

Any questions? Send me an e-mail. I'll give you as much information as I possibly can. :)

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-01-2002, 08:52 PM
Scott, sounds great....
I will call for lodging ASAP...
-Plus you know Nancy and I split our hamburgers!
I am a cheap ba$tard....
-Are you going to have a registration form that we mail in with the insurance stuff etc?
-We are pumped, as Nancy said it was the "highlight of our season for 2002."
Thanks again.
Bryan

boldts
11-01-2002, 10:06 PM
Bryan - Glad these dates have a chance of working for you, Nancy and your family if you plan to bring them along. I know the Navy is keeping you busy, but you are an original every year attendee so far and I did all I could to fit you into the time schedule.

As you know, I have not charged an attendance fee at past Awakenings and I am trying in every way to continue that tradition. I've got to talk to my food arranger, helper to see what we need. Maybe the event has gotten so big already that it will require some kind of attendance fee. Once I get all that worked out, I'll decide if an attendance registration form is needed. I'll keep everyone informed here and on the club's website if anything changes. Looking forward to a wonderful weekend with everyone!

Terry0341
11-01-2002, 10:56 PM
Scott, Just a thought,I don't know how Jamestown works there catering but it sure does seem like they are putting it to everyone. Is it an option to try and do the dinners on our own? I'm sure that we can put together some great meals and save a huge amount on catering. I would rather give the club the money!
just brainstorming!We had 10 guys on the house boat, ate like kings the whole weekend and spent under $300.00 for everyone. You do a great job putting the weekend together, I am just trying to help. :)

Digger
11-02-2002, 05:03 AM
Scott, that is great news! I will be making reservations ASAP as well as putting in leave papers :D :D

roadtrip se
11-02-2002, 08:19 AM
Good call on the dates Scott!

Now I got another seven months of prop testing to do....

Todd

boldts
11-06-2002, 03:06 PM
Terry - Yes, you all did it in great style this year. Food is the hardest part to arrange of the whole get-together. Jerry Eisele has offered to give me a hand in the food planning area next year because he works in that profession. We have not sat down and begun any work on it yet. Any one who would like to help out in this area is welcome to give suggestions. $300 divided by 10 is a great bargain for food. Now multiply that times 15 for the whole group ($4500) and well you see the difficulty. Like I said, haven't started looking at the options yet, but our own catering is definitely part of the mix!

TD
11-10-2002, 09:22 AM
JUst a thought,,,,, but isn't that Memorial Day weekend? If so, that is always a very very crowded weekend at Lake Cumberland. It is the kick off to summer and room, docks resturants and houseboats are booked up. I would be surprised if they gave us any discounts on such a moneymaking long-weekend. What do you think Scot?
I'm not trying to put sand in your outdrive, I just want AOTH III to go well.

Greg K
11-10-2002, 11:05 AM
The last Monday in May is when Memorial Day is observed. That makes Memorial Day 2003, the 26th.
So the AOTH dates are after Memorial day weekend.

boldts
11-10-2002, 08:38 PM
Thanks TD for looking out for us, but Greg is correct. It's the weekend after the holiday. Also on the rates, Frieda sent me an e-mail and I believe she said that the spring rates would be held over for us. I need to make a telephone call and confirm that is what she meant in the e-mail.

Air 22
11-23-2002, 04:38 PM
Scott...

How far is DC from your event?(Drive time?) I'm considering the trip w/ my 22' Classic. Have 99 3/4 ton Suburban(454) so hills are not an issue.
Sounds fun!! :D :D

Dr. Dan
11-23-2002, 06:28 PM
:D Air Head! Talk to Brad...he know s the route well...even towing a 22 with a 3/4 Ton? :p Go Figure.... :cool: ...Doc

boldts
11-24-2002, 01:02 AM
Air - Mapquest says:

597 Miles, 11.5 hours from DC. It's a hike, but you'll meet some of the best Donzi owners in the country in a beautiful area and lake. Fresh water also. Hope to see you there!

Tomahawk
11-24-2002, 08:15 AM
Air Guy - there will be Donzi caravans coming from all directions for AOTH III- including your area. If you can, try to get there Thursday sometime and go boating on Friday. This is the one event that Donzi fans need to make. Lake Cumberland was selected for it's central location so that it is reasonably accessable from everywhere except the West Coast - but Owen has been known to show up here too! Big fresh water, no channel markers, no shallow water, no boat traffic, a beautiful setting and a bunch of great folks.
See ya'in a couple weeks at Jungle Jim's in Florida!

Sam
11-24-2002, 02:06 PM
I just made my reso for AOTH III. I was planing on renting a cabin again but they were all gone. The only thing left are rooms at the main lodge. They said that they have blocked off several rooms for us but they are going steadily.

Sam

roadtrip se
11-27-2002, 12:37 PM
Reservations made!

Digger
11-27-2002, 01:03 PM
reservations complete. staying at the resort this year vice state park. I will launch at the state park though...unless anyone wants me to recreate last years scene...for which i will have to charge an admission fee. wink

Verdugo
12-05-2002, 05:05 PM
Hey guys!! What the exaxt location My brothe lives in Dayton Ohio. Iam thinking of going up fron Phoenix Arizona????

Advise

Thanks

boldts
12-06-2002, 03:35 PM
Verdugo - Check out the Midwest Donzi Club web site at www.mwdonziclub.com (http://www.mwdonziclub.com) and click on the "Awakening" button. All the current information is kept there along with links concerning the area and maps. :)

Verdugo
12-11-2002, 01:24 PM
Hey Boldts

Thanks for the info.... :) I must admit I just barely started going to your site and Iam addicted I go every day and realy enjoy everyone comment and how freindly and helpful eveyone is What a great Group. I would truely like to meet the gang

Take care

Verdugo

RedDog
12-13-2002, 09:24 AM
Reservations made - YEEHA, I'm ready!

boldts
03-06-2003, 07:45 PM
Here ya go Budmann.